PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some plans....

jaywebguy
08-07-2014, 11:54 PM
I want to build a mini buggy for my daughter. I'm thinking of using a honda 400ex for power, this will also get her reverse (something I don't have ).

Anyways I was hoping to find plans for a frame, something like this:

cougar off-road kart (http://www.desertkarts.com/pics.ivnu)

Any ideas?

darwinpayne2000
08-09-2014, 01:34 AM
There aren't a ton of plans for young adults. For example, Greg built that really nice Cougar buggy, but he never got around to making any plans to sell. That's pretty typical. All of the other kids buggies I've seen on this forum were built from scratch.

Most plans for kids or young adults don't have suspension or some of the niceties that you find on the full-size buggies. I would suggest that you find a set of plans that you like and build a simplified design or scale it down for your buggy build.

K-fab
08-13-2014, 10:16 AM
How about an Edge Sidewinder (http://www.theedgeproducts.com/Categories/Sidewinder)?

Simple suspension: single arms up front, swing arm rear.

You could scale one of those down.

jaywebguy
08-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Ended up getting the plans for a ST2 from badlands buggy.....

Rat4020
08-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Cool Jayson.. Gona toss a busa in it for her :D
U or Jer been to the dunz at all lately ?

jaywebguy
08-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Cool Jayson.. Gona toss a busa in it for her :D
U or Jer been to the dunz at all lately ?

I was out last Saturday, week before it rained here none stop. I'm trying to make it out there as much as I can before winter hits...

Jeremy got his case welded up this week and needs a new push rod and seal for his clutch and he should be back in action.

Actually I think I'm going to stick a raptor 700 or honda 700 in it. I'm building it for my daughter and want her to have reverse. Going to see about narrowing up the suspension a bit also so she can use it on the trails around here too.

Rat4020
08-14-2014, 09:21 AM
I was out last Saturday, week before it rained here none stop. I'm trying to make it out there as much as I can before winter hits...

Jeremy got his case welded up this week and needs a new push rod and seal for his clutch and he should be back in action.

Actually I think I'm going to stick a raptor 700 or honda 700 in it. I'm building it for my daughter and want her to have reverse. Going to see about narrowing up the suspension a bit also so she can use it on the trails around here too.

Jaysin Maybe you should take a look at Jody's (Proto die) plans he's got a good lookin mini that fits a 450 or a Raptor motor

jaywebguy
08-14-2014, 10:39 AM
I don't think protodie is selling the plans for the smaller ones? Looks like you can buy a roller from them...

Rat4020
08-14-2014, 11:12 AM
K [smilie=dunno.gif]

Martinm210
08-19-2014, 10:32 PM
+1 on the sidewinder, super simple and effective rear swinger. Simple is gooooood.:)

I'd save the ST2 for phase 2, a 400 would be ok but a bit small for so much frame and suspension.
Or at least make aure there is room for a big bike motor upgrade later.

I just always admired the simple and compact sidewinder, going to have to build one somebtime, maybe with a busa motor!..:)

Rat4020
08-20-2014, 09:23 AM
I don't think protodie is selling the plans for the smaller ones? Looks like you can buy a roller from them...

Well jaysin time to be the #1 dear old dad & whip out the check book [smilie=ext_hooray.:

Gmanlv
08-20-2014, 06:56 PM
The Honda 700xx put outs a good amount of tq. might not have to upgrade.

Here's a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCXoxAx9LFY

Greg