PDA

View Full Version : TK's being built??

Wheels
04-10-2014, 01:31 PM
so, are the TK's not being built anymore? seems like there isn't much talk about them these days... and i still haven't seen one in person, dangit. hoping someone down here(alabama) would have one by now. :D

Wheels
04-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Hey Wheels... i haven't seen any either. i guess people just aren't buying them down here.

:D

odypilots
04-12-2014, 10:12 AM
I can't say for sure if they are still being built, but I would imagine so. They are part of both TORC and the Lucas Oil off road series. They haven't made too many inroads here in Michigan, either.

Bullnerd
04-12-2014, 12:52 PM
https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.trophykart.com/&sa=U&ei=0kRJU8DgO7CisAS5iYGgAw&ved=0CCUQFjAE&usg=AFQjCNGmAxWHJdIV_GF88WByuGDnpvn7cw

I would say yes also.

bdkw1
04-12-2014, 03:29 PM
They race them in several different series out here. I have seen TK races in 3 different series in the last year.

Wheels
04-12-2014, 06:14 PM
i'm surprised they aren't racing them here. maybe if there was a 4x4 version, i guess. i talked to a shop in georgia that sells them and they said they sell quite a few of them... but, i still haven't seen any on the trails. oh well.

thanks for the input fellas.

rgvkid
04-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Theres a shop right up the street from my shop that builds them. Problem is there are so many people building them on there own with different names other then TK's. I still feel that they are over priced for what they can do. But then again, most are built to specific standards for race series rather then just a toy.

Wheels
04-13-2014, 02:56 AM
to be honest RGV, I feel that they are a bit overpriced as well. I noticed the 450 version is something like 18k... that's steep considering Side by sides are selling for a lot less that have more power, more suspension, etc and can be raced as well. even if over priced... i still think they are the coolest rides. :)

flyerrider
04-13-2014, 03:10 AM
While they are expensive, they come ready to race right out of the box. People dump tens of thousands on UTVs to get them up to race standards on top of the purchase price of the base vehicle. My friend's wife claims she had 60K into her Rhino with her ex boyfriend. While she tends to exaggerate on everything, I would assume that 40+K would have been quite possible given their complete lack of ANY mechanical knowledge. TKs also come with some pretty nice parts in standard trim.

Wheels
04-13-2014, 03:16 AM
those are good points Fly.. and i honestly don't know what it takes to make a UTV race ready. i was assuming a cage, shocks and harnesses. lol i guess the sky's the limit.

TALON
04-13-2014, 03:44 AM
so, are the TK's not being built anymore? seems like there isn't much talk about them these days... and i still haven't seen one in person, dangit. hoping someone down here(alabama) would have one by now. :D

Hey Wheels... i haven't seen any either. i guess people just aren't buying them down here.

:D

Ahhaaahaa your funny.

rgvkid
04-16-2014, 03:49 AM
People aren't buying them anymore because Brian Deegans kids keep winning all the races with their endless amounts of $ and funding to play with!

Yes they are over priced for what they are and I have seen some with crazy high $ components. But, its like getting into a Go kart and only going 40 MPH but turning on a dime, Its a hell of alot of fun and gets your adrenaline going just as much as riding in a full size sandrail!

These are probably like 15G each! But they sure do look like fun!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imUDESAtqCU