PDA

View Full Version : Krause Sidewinder Sprockets- POOR customer service

bngcustoms
03-02-2014, 06:53 AM
Been waiting over 2 months now for 2 sprockets. They don't answer the phone. When they do I get told its shipping out today but never provide a tracking number. Were sure quick & helpful when I paid the $365 though.

Lug-Nuts
03-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Oh man, I had a similar experience with hohey designs. luckily for me I paid with pay pal, and was able to make a complaint and get a phone number to a actual person. Not only did they get my sprocket within then next week, but they knocked 60% off the price.

Still wouldn't recommend them. Sorry about your experience I feel your frustration!

Lug-Nuts
03-02-2014, 08:16 AM
I ended up getting another sprocket from thrust sprockets, they were much quicker. I will get my next through them as well!

K-fab
03-02-2014, 09:17 AM
Super Sprox - they supply Sidewinder with their sprockets.

Less money, easy to get.

I know this is a little late, but food for thought.

Rat4020
03-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Hay K-Fab whats it like ta be above zero for a change ? LOL

bngcustoms
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Super Sprox - they supply Sidewinder with their sprockets.

Less money, easy to get.

I know this is a little late, but food for thought.

Wow! did not know this.. Thanks for sharing. Next time I will go to Super Sprox or Thrust Sprockets & give them a try.

K-fab
03-02-2014, 06:48 PM
Hay K-Fab whats it like ta be above zero for a change ? LOLLOL! I just got a call from my daughter's school saying they're on a 2 hour delay.

It rained here yesterday really hard (had hail too), and it was a wickedly cold 56 and overcast. Oh the misery. [smilie=rolleyes.gi:

I don't want to go back to Hell.

mmobley
03-05-2014, 09:22 AM
I ordered 2 chains, Krause/Sidewinder xp series 530 pitch with sr-51 smart rings, exceeds 17,000 lb tensile strength, for my 2 Ar51's I am building and had them within a week. My friend Jeremy who just finished his Ar51 ordered his chain and sprocket and had them within a week also. He commented that his chain wasn't the same color, gold, as my 2 chains. Never thought much of it. He managed to get about 30 miles out of the chain. The chain was shot. He emailed Krause and got an immediate reply that they would send out another chain. It came quickly and it was gold like mine. He has about 15 miles on it so far and everything looks good. Krause would not comment on why the first chain was a different color or why it didn't last. We suspect it was their 7,000 lb. chain. At least they did get right back to him and sent him another chain.

bngcustoms
03-05-2014, 11:28 AM
I got them on the phone Friday 2/28/14. I was told they were shipping out that day & would get a call to provide tracking number. Its now Wednesday and havn't heard from them...

Glock n Ballz
03-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Im running their super bad ass ti Chain which is great, but I ordered some links(press on kind) and they sent me the QD Links. I called, and they said they would ship me the right ones and not to worry about sending the others back. They never shipped them and I never called back. Bitches.[smilie=gun_chair.g:

fns
03-06-2014, 05:15 PM
I have ordered a few things and have not had any issues??? It has been about a year ago...

mmobley
03-09-2014, 08:04 AM
I just looked at my chains that were supposed to have the smart rings and guess what? Plain old o ring, not what I paid for. I won't buy anything from them again.:mad:

bngcustoms
03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
I got them on the phone Friday 2/28/14. I was told they were shipping out that day & would get a call to provide tracking number. Its now Wednesday and havn't heard from them...

Update: I did get 1/2 of my order on Friday 7th. Only one sprocket in box. I ordered 2. I'm done dealing them. Now I need a 24 tooth 530 sprocket to fit a 04 GSXR1000 to put on my RPM box...

CARLRIDDLE
03-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Online Store // Rosson Racing Online Store (http://www.rossonracing.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=16&zenid=ajrrgko8b1q07aiv2q4aj1a6m3)

Size not listed, but neither are the one I got. Custom sizes no problem. Call them.

choptop0130
05-22-2014, 12:53 AM
I've bought from Krauss alot lately on 530 smart chain which they say is the best, chain keeps giving me fits and breaking, by all my gears from rebel gear. Hard to get Andy on phone at sidewinder but he made good on my problems everytime BUT the chains just don't hold up long so were looking for another chain supplier that the chain can take a BEATING on!

K-fab
05-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Krause (used to use them all the time) uses SuperSprox (https://www.supersproxusa.com) products and rebadges them. The SuperSprox (https://www.supersproxusa.com) cost less.

Chain - never was happy w/Krause's chains and two of my friends have had issues with them too.
Regina (http://www.regina.it) and RK chains (http://www.rkexcelamerica.com) have lasted better/longer than any other I've used.

All my data is based on 14 years of riding 450 motocross bikes, so take it as you want.

choptop0130
05-26-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks K-fab I will look into them, would think there would be more input into the subject at hand than this. Seems with the community being this big that it would be a big topic, or am I missing that section some where?

wjfawb0
05-27-2014, 12:12 PM
I bought a 530 countershaft sprocket for my gsxr 750 engine and the high strength XP extreme chain from them without issue. I've probably only got 300 miles on my AR51, but I haven't had any problems with the parts. I'm still using the clip on masterlink, too. It's so easy to remove the chain on the AR-51 that it's not unusual for me to take it off and soak it in a bucket of kerosene overnight. I use chain wax on the chain, because it's what I use on my street bikes. I don't mud bog or do submerged water crossings much, so maybe I'm not riding it hard enough?

mmobley
05-27-2014, 01:14 PM
I think the problem is that you may not get what you pay for. I think they substitute other chain. That was the case with my friend JW's chain. His didn't look anything like mine. They did make it right with him. And mine didn't have the smart o rings.