PDA

View Full Version : Planning on a build...

WeRockTogether
09-18-2012, 09:30 AM
First i'd like to say a big HELLO to all of you.Because i'm new here.
I'm 17 y/o from Estonia :) And i ride pitbikes and i love all sports that are engine and petrol related [smilie=ecstatic.gi:
So i have this idea to start a single seater buggy build (planning to build this with my grandpa),for cruising around my village and racing on gravel.
And here are the questions :
Is it possible to use a quad swingarm for rear wheels attachment and brake system and so on..?
Will a Honda Cr250F engine would be powerful enough to make me (~80 kg) and my buggy go about 80 km/h ?
What tubing is the best? I hear thet the round tubing is better but what should be the measures on that pipe?
And can i use quad wheels on buggy? Because i can get a set from my friend for ~60 euros.

Rat4020
09-18-2012, 09:58 AM
First i'd like to say a big HELLO to all of you.Because i'm new here.
I'm 17 y/o from Estonia :) And i ride pitbikes and i love all sports that are engine and petrol related [smilie=ecstatic.gi:
So i have this idea to start a single seater buggy build (planning to build this with my grandpa),for cruising around my village and racing on gravel.
And here are the questions :
Is it possible to use a quad swingarm for rear wheels attachment and brake system and so on..?
Will a Honda Cr250F engine would be powerful enough to make me (~80 kg) and my buggy go about 80 km/h ?
What tubing is the best? I hear thet the round tubing is better but what should be the measures on that pipe?
And can i use quad wheels on buggy? Because i can get a set from my friend for ~60 euros.
Welcome to the sight : Do a search if I remember the swing arm thing has been done . I wouldnt do it for a buggy. ATV tires are just fine for a buggy . But it sounds like ya need to do some searchin and lookin at other treads that would fit your needs.as far as the best build for you

Chikin
09-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Welcome to the site. Tons of info here but glad you started the research first rather than having to remake it.

Rat4020
09-18-2012, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the site. Tons of info here but glad you started the research first rather than having to remake it.
OH ?? just razzin ya Birdman[smilie=rofl.gif]

Chikin
09-18-2012, 11:07 AM
OH ?? just razzin ya Birdman[smilie=rofl.gif]

Ha. Yeah rats and birds are jokesters. He says this since I'm in my (f&$?!ng) front suspension. Ha.
Yeah but it was from reading here and me learning the right thing to do. The 4 th time.

Oh ??? Really!! That did make me laugh Thanks dirty rat.