PDA

View Full Version : Classic end over end crash

RDRacing647
07-24-2012, 11:31 PM
I was just searching You Tube for a few Mini Buggy clips and stumbled upon this one.

Steve's Pilot Wreck - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsZVae1m7yk&feature=g-vrec)

cheer
Chris

Chikin
07-24-2012, 11:36 PM
Ha that's a good one

TALON
07-25-2012, 12:20 AM
Steve wasnt even close to pulling that one off.

Mackolicious
07-25-2012, 12:31 AM
:eek: We know the roll cage works.

Rat4020
07-25-2012, 06:35 AM
I saw that clip a long tme back and its still a good one. I like the way his budz are laughing even when they dont see the pilot after the roll.nice but ya cant fix stupid

CARLRIDDLE
07-25-2012, 07:28 AM
Friends like that who needs enemies!

MC@ Performance Fab
07-25-2012, 12:46 PM
That was just plain stupid. I would bet dollars to donuts he hit it flat out first try and you see the results. Stupid.

maybebuggy
08-09-2012, 11:54 PM
When jumping make sure the rear shock is set right. On it the Pilot case thee ain't none to speak of.
Probably his first drive ever too. "I bet this pilot jumps good", so hillbilly.

bazz
10-16-2012, 06:53 AM
Yeah that's been around for a while now,still hurts to look at it.
But taking a pos+,from a Neg- here,have'nt the Honda engineers done a shit-hot job in their chassis design/engineering? [smilie=thumbs_up.g:
Proud to be a Honda Pilot owner...especialy from Ak. :D

The redder the bedder? :D

Thomas h.
10-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Was that bad balance or bad skills?

frankysfree
10-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Reminds me of one time after i got a dirt bike i went out to the local riding spot for the first time, a closed down rock quarry here in Texas, and wanting to show off for my buddies took off across the bottom of the quarry to a jump on the other side. I didnt scout it first and thought the ramp of the jump was more tapered. Boy was i wrong. DO NOT hit a tabletop jump at 50+ miles and hour... I went straight up, then straight down breaking my bike and myself...

odypilots
10-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Was that bad balance or bad skills?

I'd chalk that up to bad skills. He didn't do the cardinal sin of letting off the gas on the jump, but the face of the jump was shorter than the wheelbase, so that by the time the rear wheels are hitting the jump, the front wheels are already over the top of the jump. As the rear suspension rebounds (along with the bounce from the tire)with no front tire on tera firma to help absorb it, The back end rises. Sometimes too much. A few warm up jumps should have revealed this tendency, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Thomas h.
10-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the lesson! So far on my quads and dirt bikes I'm a big(205 lbs) chicken.
Thanks why I want a single rail. To learn to jump with out witnesses.
I'm going to look at jumps diffrent now.

Chikin
10-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the lesson! So far on my quads and dirt bikes I'm a big(205 lbs) chicken.
Thanks why I want a single rail. To learn to jump with out witnesses.
I'm going to look at jumps diffrent now.

I'm a 170 pound chikin!!

And hey never say "hey watch this".
I'm known for doing that