PDA

View Full Version : Bike motor buggys with stereos? Posdible?

brooksie2113
05-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I looove loud music! And ilove my mini buggy. Can i combine the two without headphones? Haha. Basically im wondering if the bikes charging system can keep up with a deck and speakers. I have extra goodies drawing power except for the main components to run the motor.
If the stock parts cant make enough JUICE. Can i buy aftermarket with more output? Thanks guys.
Mike

tbwcurtis
05-10-2012, 12:36 AM
I am not sure about the alternator/generator output, but, depending on your motor, you can get an external alternator retro-fitted. I think I have seen it advertised for the Busa on this forum. Good luck

fatal-exception
05-10-2012, 12:09 PM
The R6 should be all the music you need! [smilie=gun_gun.gif]

IceFyre13th
05-10-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes, but not a ground pounder. 200 watts total audio power is about all you can get, night running will have strobe lights

Chikin
05-10-2012, 12:47 PM
The R6 should be all the music you need! [smilie=gun_gun.gif]

Great point.... I think the loud stereo on a buggy is lame.... and here is why (Just listen to the motor you have and dont become "That guy")

Have you ever see a guy ride a Gold wing bike.... Kinda huge bike... and 50 some thing men who are close to the Mid life crisis ride up with his Bike stereo CRANKED UP sooo loud every one from 5 blocks away could hear ..... playing the song >>>Afternoon delight .... (Yeah my mother would look over and blush but man I would sink down in the seat of the car knowing some dude was trolling...) Gross.

Its a good idea.... But I would say No!

All I see is this.... this guy and this song....
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u101/discoveryman/hondagoldwing.jpg

Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUkhMq_iRo)

Stomper
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
Not sure what the difference is with a bike charging system as compared to a rzr system but guys are putting some pretty kicka$$ systems in their rzr's. Just buy something like this Two Mitzu 2Ch 500W Motorcycle Atv Golf Cart Audio Amp Amps | eBay (http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Two-Mitzu-2Ch-500W-Motorcycle-Atv-Golf-Cart-Audio-Amp-Amps-/290688292436?pt=Car_Amplifiers&hash=item43ae5f5654) and add some speakers. It comes with 2 units so your buddy can have one too. you will be able to just plug in your phone or ipod and listen to tunes all day. It draws very little power. I bought the exact same unit for my rzr but have'nt had the time to build a speaker box.
Here is a link with all that you need to know.
Stereo - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net (http://www.rzrforums.net/lighting-stereo-electrical/76081-stereo.html)

\
Here is a link to a easy way to buils a custo speaker box ans stereo system.

Rat4020
05-10-2012, 01:51 PM
If you are running a RPM box on your buggy its easy to add a auto alt to the input shaft 80amp and a red top Opt battery and yer ready to rock and not worry about discharging your system

minibajaman
05-10-2012, 02:30 PM
I have never driven or even heard a buggy in person where you would be able to hear a stereo system over the engine noise and helmet attenuation. If you could hear it, it would have to be cranked up so loud it would be offensive to everyone else.

Don't get me wrong I love music too and put a reasonable size subwoofer in my car, but I don't drive around rattling windows. IMO a buggy or any offroad vehicle is not the place for it.

CARLRIDDLE
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Something to enjoy while stopped would be cheap easy and not tax system. Anything you could hear while driving is going to cause unwanted attention. Some people hate offraders enough already.

fatal-exception
05-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Something to enjoy while stopped would be cheap easy and not tax system. Anything you could hear while driving is going to cause unwanted attention. Some people hate offraders enough already.

Agreed! :)

brooksie2113
05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
good points guys. It would need to be damn loud to br heard over the motor.. :/. O well i guess ill stick to my headphones! Thanks for all the input. Changed my mind quite a bit. Thx.

Wheels
05-10-2012, 04:01 PM
what about an ipod and ear buds?

edit: i responded from the first page... my bad.

NoClue
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Great point.... I think the loud stereo on a buggy is lame.... and here is why (Just listen to the motor you have and dont become "That guy")

Have you ever see a guy ride a Gold wing bike.... Kinda huge bike... and 50 some thing men who are close to the Mid life crisis ride up with his Bike stereo CRANKED UP sooo loud every one from 5 blocks away could hear ..... playing the song >>>Afternoon delight .... (Yeah my mother would look over and blush but man I would sink down in the seat of the car knowing some dude was trolling...) Gross.

Its a good idea.... But I would say No!

All I see is this.... this guy and this song....
http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u101/discoveryman/hondagoldwing.jpg

Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUkhMq_iRo)

Not only is this post one of the better ones I've read recently, it's because or this post, I will not even think of planning for a bumping "system".

CARLRIDDLE
05-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Chickn, is that you standing next to you old man bike? Now we have pics, lol.

Chikin
05-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Chickn, is that you standing next to you old man bike? Now we have pics, lol.

Well here is my pre hatch pics.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q146/jamesholowka/photobucket-8616-1336247910135.jpg

Here is me at 2 day old...
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu52/lalaland1253_me/ATT00015.jpg

Yeeah no its not me.... But there is plenty of creepy old people pics on photobucket..... Here is more afternoon delight pics....

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/woody6501/goldwing.jpg

Rat4020
05-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Man I AM callin the Internet Cops un U Bird man

tallguy64
05-10-2012, 11:57 PM
So as a random question not really related to stero but more to power, an extra alternator that is. I see lots of kits for busa's but anyone know of kits for r1's? I did a couple differnt google searchs i keep coming up with busa crap... bah.

tbwcurtis
05-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Why not use a set of earphones and an Ipod!!! I can't even hear my self think when standing near my machine at Idle let alone at 8000rpm :D Awesome feeling though!!! Damn, just wanna get home an start her up - yeah

CARLRIDDLE
05-11-2012, 06:25 AM
If its a r6, not ysf600, they redline at 17,500 rpm. sounds like 3 yamaha banshee 2 strokes pegged out behind you.

As for more power, most stators can put out more amps, the stock regulators are what limit it. You can up the regulator size and get 5-10 more amps depending on motor.

fatal-exception
05-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Hey look...It's Chickin and his life partner! Why 2 bikes though buddy?? :p

"Sky rockets in flight... bing bang... afternoon deli--__-^ght"

MC@ Performance Fab
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
Why do some people think EVERYONE ELSE WITHIN A MILE WANTS TO LISTEN TO THEIR CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tallguy64
05-11-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't want loud music just lots of light and a few other nic nacs like powered cooler.

Chikin
05-11-2012, 12:22 PM
Hey look...It's Chickin and his life partner!

So now we are reffering to me being GAY???? Really Is that what you got from that...... Adam and Eve.... Never Adam & STEVE..... And my real name is ADAM! Not kidding

Wheels
05-11-2012, 01:54 PM
i didn't know you were gay Adam... and all this time when talking on the phone, i thought you had a wife.

:p kidding man.

fatal-exception
05-11-2012, 02:59 PM
Me too..it's friday and I've been drinking....:p

NoClue
05-11-2012, 03:09 PM
So Steve is the one with the white v neck?:p

Back to the thread...just do ear phones...I want to do an intercom system...that just may have in input for an mp3 player or something.

That way, I can listen to after noon delight without offending the birdman. :p

maybebuggy
05-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Why do some people think EVERYONE ELSE WITHIN A MILE WANTS TO LISTEN TO THEIR CRAPNot so sure that is what drives it. I like loud bass, like lots of it. I am 44 and listen to it loud. Mostly all you hear outside the truck is Bass though not so much lyrics, just so happens bass travels.

Well loud ass Harley and overweight women in spandex offend me but I don't complain that my eyeballs are being subjected to it. Overweight women in spandex on Harley are even worse. At it's ultimate absurd conclusion, one can assume anything one does in public is a therefore a function of one wanting someone to notice. How about that Jesus fish? Pretty sure they do that to force their views on others. That is OK just because it is not loud? Actually I think that is louder.

Sometimes people listen to loud music to he "heard". It is not always the case though. Example, Harley's... why do they think I want to listen to them? Well cause that is not necessary the case. Sometimes yes it is, other times it is just that Haley's are loud no way around that, They are not loud with the purpose of assuming you want to hear it.

Harleys are loud. Over weight women in spandex are loud. Jesus fish are loud. Bass is loud too. No difference at all in my mind. Don't' see any real difference, but there is perspective difference. It is interesting how people pick and choose. No one is right, no one is wrong it is just interesting is all.

I want a 4 seat lifted EZ-go with two 12 inch competition subs myself. In my case people want to listen to my music cause I have great taste. I'll use that, one of the more common rationalization techniques people use. :p

maybebuggy
05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
They must be knuckling to celebrate there douchiness. Nice "law enforcement glasses" and holding cigarettes like Brando in the Wild One went out of style even before free love started there buddy.

Boomers.... :rolleyes:

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa223/woody6501/goldwing.jpg

TALON
05-11-2012, 04:58 PM
No it's Adam and gadam[smilie=whistle.gif]