PDA

View Full Version : Project "Sick Nasty"

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 12:16 AM
My custom version of a cross between the Badland Buggy's ST2 and their project "Megaladon". I'll b working on this thread from my phone and logging n daily. Part of this build was started by a friend of mine, his very nice dad, a couple of yrs ago(thank u). He is r was a member on here at one point n time. He gave me his custom version and plans from Badlandbuggy. It included fully welded a arms and the basic tack welded version of the frame. I've been slowly collecting parts by trading or having people gift me things. The goal is to finish the project "Sick Nasty" by the end of this yr and to do so for under a g. Please do leave constructive comments or a detailed pic to help explain ur comments. Thanks.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 12:31 AM
He gave me these 1st

Gotted
03-26-2012, 12:43 AM
Sounds like your ready to start your build.
Give us some pics of the current progress if any. Maybe the parts that you have required sofar. That will give us an idea how to help.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Starting to hand sand and use my moms mouse sander with the help of a friend of mine. For some reason we chose to remove the light rust the most painfull way possible! Shortly after my brain stopped farting and i relized i had a wire wheel brush for my drill.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 01:57 AM
After running out of sand paper, a friend, a wire brush, and shortly after time i decided to clean up the frame and paint it rustoleum gloss black spray paint for storage. Later i plan on narrowing the front half of the lower frame rails, but just n the a arm location that way my end load rack from Sandparts (i think its like 15 1/4 " wide from clevis eye to eye) will fit allowing the steering links (tie rods?) to line up with the a arms. More details n pics on that later. Also plan on lifting up the 2 front top tubes and rounding them off insted of allowing them to end the front nose at such a sharp angle. As far as the rear of the frame
i plan on adding an extra rap around of tubing allowing me a mounting point for my rear suspension wich currently consist of a arms ... and of course more renforcement bars and mount tabs. I will try n post what i mean up tomarrow. Also plan on shortining the lower rear section of the frame allowing me proper room for the rear diff n 930 set up or just a live cv axle.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 02:18 AM
can yall c my pics? this is a pain using a phone. 3hrs later i think my 3 pics r posted but not sure. they only show up as an attachment sometimes. others its just my messeges that show. im being forced to log in every other page r with every post r upload. im trying though. ive tried uploading pic i believe it gives u 3 boxes to click select image or below that a url box. im forced to copy to clip board the direct links html from a photbucket pages n paste n this sites url image box then click (press) upload. i used to do this stuff for a living but that was back when 1 n 10 people had a cell n hated texting n win xp was the big deal. is it because im on a smart phone n this site isent updated to work with it? my cell? badluck? im justa newb? hmm....if there is a way to make this easier that i can do please let me know. starting with can u c my pics r not. lol

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 09:05 AM
ok everything is showing up fine today so im going to keep updating.:p

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 09:28 AM
so while im at another friends house showing him my buggy he gives me these two rear gator tires! saweeeet! (thank u)

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 09:41 AM
heres a better perspective on the size. also with the help from my friend and these tires we came up with the name "Sick Nasty".

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 10:07 AM
So while im workin at my g mas house yet another friend shows up n tells me about this great junkyard id never herd, i cant remember the name but its located n ft mill upstate sc. we roll out n find this bike. $250 runs but some one stole the guages n seat. so i go back n sell a car port my g ma gave me (thank u). the next day i return to get my new 07 gsxr 600. cha ching! jack pot! it only had a lil over 7,000 on the odometer! (another big thanks to the friend who told me about that).

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 10:26 AM
just a look at the other side. any suggestions r links to past post on how to crank this sucker without the guages? the tech at my local bike shop arent allowed to tell me for employees legal reasons. now aint that some stuff! so i got ahold of a wiring diagram i found by doing a google pic search. ill post it up tonight. please bear with me. im a newb whos stuck using a lil 3" touch screen and im going blind so this is a pain so please help n dont b rude (k-fab!) i was also wondering if any one has tried using the front forks (cycle shocks) for their buggy?[smilie=unsure.gif]

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 10:37 AM
gettin there!

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 10:44 AM
ahhhhhh yes! this is going to b fun! so how about some of my friends, thought it was odd, to have the gsxr sittin n my living room. i thought it was awsome!

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 10:52 AM
and ... drum roll please ... the engine is out! yes another friend, thats right, another friend helped me stand on the header (exhaust manifold). after a couple secs it popped right out. (thank u) id advise never to do this part n ur living room ; ) ; ) so ill b adding new carpet soon! ha!

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 11:00 AM
parts n storage

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
had to put the engine n there just to c how it looked. alot of room so good crash protection i guess.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 02:34 PM
took off some scrap metal n came back with this. (thank u to smith iron) the nice ladies n the office were tired of seeing my hotness ha ha just kiddin. well they said i could have it for free as long as " u promise to get that darn buggy finished "! it appears to b a "frankinstein" mid section from a yahmaha cycle n front n rear suspensions from a small 4 wheeler. i plan on using the f and r sections for sick nasty or my other project a monster sized go kart named project " lil booger" cause it really huge n green. ha! more on that n another thread.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 02:43 PM
my parts collecting dust n storage again.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 03:00 PM
a more recent photo of some parts mocked up. (thank u) to another friend of mine for giving me that honda seat wich turned out to b very comfortable n fit nice n snug. so for i have spent $0 of my own n have managed yo make it this far. the shocks n struts r junk just thetr for looks. was thinkin of usin civic ebach coil overs, fox 2.0 5/8 shaft shocks @ 200 psi of nitrogen, or the basic long travel coil over buggy shock. any suggestions?

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 03:04 PM
front and rear a arms have 10" of travel.:D

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 03:56 PM
finished workin on my garage. now its safe to move my 2 projects n so i did a lil bit better lookin mock up of all my parts again. ill post more pics tonight showing my redesign of the frame and the new work ive started doing on the buggy just this week! any ideas r faults u might c please let me know with some respect please. any assumtion that might need to b cleard up? how about ideas on final paint? neon orange, black n silver r all black? what about black chrome r blue chrome. know of any buisness n the upstate sc area who care about people seriously and can help? im the only one doing this n my area so im getting nothing but hate or pure denial from most. no one seems willing to help nowdays with anything. i was the 2nd person with a lowerd truck around here n that was 10 yrs ago. im hoping to find some well educated n respectable people who r up to date on things n my area and willing to help each other out. i plan on making a living doing similar things n the futre. so any co ops ... ? anything?:(:D

Gotted
03-26-2012, 04:55 PM
It looks like you are ready to start.
You have parts that will help. Looks like lots of cool parts.
Do you have the tools: welder,chopsaw,bandsaw,tub-notcher,drill-press,bench-grinder,vice,sazall,grinder,belt-sander/disk,angel-finder,sqare,tape-mesher,hand-tools.
You don't need all of those tools but most of them to make it go smoothly.

Now you said that you have a custom set of plans, this is where you start.
Go over the plans and figure out where the front a-arms are to be mounted, steering rack and the rear a-arm setup/hubs. Get those parts installed. Your first step is to have a rolling chasse before you mount a motor. This should keep you busy.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM
my 1st good weld ever! gotta hobart ez weld mig 140 for christmas from my prettly lil wife. awwww. (thank u gurl : ) havent tried welding n a while due to the last time i tried it blew up like a big purple flamed bomb right n my face. this time as u can c turned out good. i was welding on the engine mt of the rusty ole lil black yard kart frame u can c n one of the above pics. my wire feed was set on 2 n amps/heat set on 3. i have a 22x24 garage n that one lil weld smoked up the place so i installed a 5hp electric fan i call "hugo" after r old hurricane. anyways with my welder i was using the .35 flux core n tip it came with to do the weld n this pic. it was brown so i whacked that sucker with a hammer and one lil tink later it was all nice n shiny like u c here : ) dont worry im still praticing n plan on switching to gas n solid .30 wire later.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 05:17 PM
It looks like you are ready to start.
You have parts that will help. Looks like lots of cool parts.
Do you have the tools: welder,chopsaw,bandsaw,tub-notcher,drill-press,bench-grinder,vice,sazall,grinder,belt-sander/disk,angel-finder,sqare,tape-mesher,hand-tools.
You don't need all of those tools but most of them to make it go smoothly.

Now you said that you have a custom set of plans, this is where you start.
Go over the plans and figure out where the front a-arms are to be mounted, steering rack and the rear a-arm setup/hubs. Get those parts installed. Your first step is to have a rolling chasse before you mount a motor. This should keep you busy.

i do not have a chop saw, band saw r tube notcher, or the drill press r sawzall thing, also do not know what a angel finder is at all : ( . i plan on getting a new angle grinder with cutting disc (old one just broke) $35 skill r some name like that. also plan on getting the nice chop saw the $400 one not the $220 since i use to use those on an old job, a small drill press $100 and a pipe bender that im still not sure what kind to get. im just being held back from a loan that needs to get paid off 1st. my b day will b soon. im wishing for some of those when i blow out my 29 candles.

Rat4020
03-26-2012, 05:30 PM
i Do Not Have A Chop Saw, Band Saw R Tube Notcher, Or The Drill Press R Sawzall Thing, Also Do Not Know What A Angel Finder Is At All : ( . I Plan On Getting A New Angle Grinder With Cutting Disc (old One Just Broke) $35 Skill R Some Name Like That. Also Plan On Getting The Nice Chop Saw The $400 One Not The $220 Since I Use To Use Those On An Old Job, A Small Drill Press $100 And A Pipe Bender That Im Still Not Sure What Kind To Get. Im Just Being Held Back From A Loan That Needs To Get Paid Off 1st. My B Day Will B Soon. Im Wishing For Some Of Those When I Blow Out My 29 Candles.
Wow.....

Gotted
03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
A chop saw is for basic cuts it isn't that important. A hac-saw will work. A pipe bender is not what you want you need a tube bender.

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 05:35 PM
sorry had to finish up my reply like this as my messege box refused to show up half way through the reply to "gotted". thanks for ur info. i just read ur messege after learning exactly what u stated. i will most def start on the front a arms n mounts now that i just relized what i was doing was trying to mt the engine 1st when i should have been setting up the front a arms 1st. still not sure on my rack yet but im thinkin i should go with the out board type rack with clevis mnts 15" eye to eye. i think its like $173 but really need to find cheaper ( price not quality )parts either used r build one my self just no one n a 50mile radius to help. th junk yards around here arent very helpfull. they just type n a computer n dont actually know that much. so i seem to b stuck doing all things online now wich gave me the idea we need a "real mans" store just for metal fab n custom work n my area very badly and i might just b half way decent enough to do so sometime next yr. as far as a tube notcher do u think a regular round metal bit would work n a lil drill press with the tube clamped down?

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 05:39 PM
A chop saw is for basic cuts it isn't that important. A hac-saw will work. A pipe bender is not what you want you need a tube bender.

thanks i keep messin myself up with the pipe n tube terms. any suggestion on a certain brand of tube bender?

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Wow.....

wow yeah thats what i said when i found over 14gs worth of stuff was stolen from the garage and insurance n cops wouldnt do squat. so i have lots of cameras, dogs, n guns and very good people lookin out for me now. im starting over.

for gotted. sorry dude i just reread the thing about the angel thingy ha ha n saw u prolly ment what i said rigjt below it as being an angle ... grinder. my bad. was a lil slow on pickin that up wich is bad cause i do the same thing alot. : )

Gotted
03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Messin up terms we all do it!!

To find a cheap priced tube bender you have to search the web. lots out their.

Woodward Fab Tube Bender Steel Base/Bench/Vise Mount Use With HCK-WFB2-STAND Kit | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Woodward-Fab-Tube-Bender-Steel-Base-Bench-Vise-Mount-Use-With-HCK-WFB2-STAND-Kit-/330698065421?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item4cff24060d&vxp=mtr)

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 06:20 PM
thanks i keep messin myself up with the pipe n tube terms. any suggestion on a certain brand of tube bender?

Messin up terms we all do it!!

To find a cheap priced tube bender you have to search the web. lots out their.

Woodward Fab Tube Bender Steel Base/Bench/Vise Mount Use With HCK-WFB2-STAND Kit | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Woodward-Fab-Tube-Bender-Steel-Base-Bench-Vise-Mount-Use-With-HCK-WFB2-STAND-Kit-/330698065421?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item4cff24060d&vxp=mtr)

saweet! man u have good taste. that one is my 1st choice mainly due to the angle finder being on there. wasent sure about it though only because it being a manual bender. its been so long since i used one that now i cant remember the amount of force id have to use. i have a shoulder thats gone/injured permently so im limited to about half my strength. i can only manage about 120lbs now. would that b enough to bend 1 1/4 " mild steel dom tube? im use to exhaust work so would it kink it any do u know ?

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 06:56 PM
me fully welding part of the frame and cleaning up the arms with what used to b a new drill and large half brass half steel wire wheel. theres gotta b a better way! any suggestions other then media blasting?

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 07:08 PM
a good detailed pic of a before n after![smilie=smile.gif]

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 07:32 PM
ohhh yeah! found out at the last second i was outta masking painters tape so had to use electric tape ... stop laughing! hey it worked great n it flexed better not to mention i have lots of it. so its all good. more pics super late tonight! oh for cell phone user tilt ur screen long ways to keep it from flickering back n forth and not letting u type r causing funny errors.

Chikin
03-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Hey if you gotta use some thing at hand ... Use it. Hey if you paint the buggy and want to mask it fast, use tin foil. It covers fast and works awesome. But tape the edges on the foil if necessary. And a 4 1/2 grinder and a wire brush works great... But wear eye protection due to the metal brissles flying off.

White trash fixes are common.... No matter how many people laugh! Because the one who laugh have done it them selfs

2fast4u
03-26-2012, 11:56 PM
[smilie=moon.gif]

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 12:09 AM
made 6 engine or a arm mounts this way and plan on making another 12 tues.

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 12:12 AM
steps 1 2 3

CARLRIDDLE
03-27-2012, 08:27 AM
Just FYI dont paint and dont fully weld. Use some WD40 or wax and tack weld it til everything is in. Good start!

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Just FYI dont paint and dont fully weld. Use some WD40 or wax and tack weld it til everything is in. Good start!

yeah that was the plan but i got busy and forgot about it for a while and it started to rust again for a 3rd time. i tried smothering it in wd40 then ran out. all those parts n bottom of frame. $5 a can twice a week gets expensive. so of course right after i ran out i came up with an idea to hose any other bare metal projects down with the wd 40 then wrap the parts up n old shop towels and tape it. now that i ran out and was bored and wanted some form of progress i looked over my shoulder and saw that wire wheel and that paint and heard a chours singing and saw the bright light (idea) i had to. ha ha.

im imterested about your other idea of using wax. would i use a skate r surf board type of wax? either way if i chose the wax route for my next project how would i get it off? wipe and wd 40 it maybe? i sure would luv to know. i hate throwin those cans out every day...all i see is 5$ bills floating away each time.

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 01:31 PM
the 07 gsxr 600 gas tank. was wondering if any one has takin the fuel pump out and used it in an aftermarket tank and could give me tips or pics on this part? im doing this to kill some time untill i can get some new tools and a good friend over to help me finish the front half of my buggy.

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 10:21 PM
found these at lows today they go for around $70. i plan on using them as tubing notchers and cutting metal plate no thicker then 1/4". any better suggestions for that? r tips for making them work better or last longer?

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 10:30 PM
im having to sign in with user/pass with every reply ... once again! wussup?

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 10:46 PM
i had this done on one of my computers and now dont remember the win xp login password. any one know a way around that? so i did a couple things with some red electric tape i had too much of any way.

im just going to show one side each reply and each time will b my version of frame redesign. just remember i also plan on changing the rate of decline in the top front two bars and add a rounder taper to the ends that meet the very front.

so what do ya think about this idea...good r bad ?

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 10:52 PM
good r bad?

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 11:01 PM
ok this didnt turn out right pic wise because being able to c the design from the other side also is kinda messing with my eyes. this side should show just the red tape going straight up and down with no added cross bar or triangles. this is the cheapist and most importantly the more light weight version and my favorite!

good r bad?

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 11:16 PM
ok and this is where i plan on mounting my seat. once again the red tape represents the tube i plan on adding.

any one ever used the baja ss high back suspension seat before? right now im using a honda seat?

2fast4u
03-27-2012, 11:52 PM
i have to add tube here (red) and remove the tube (blue). the reason for this is to mount the end load 15 1/4" (i think) from clevis end to end off road rack for front steering mounted spindles. says its made just for what i need and after i do these mods should allow it to align perfectly with the a arm angle mounts and allow for no odd angles r binding n the steering travel. should allow for 10" of smooth front travel wich i need for my broke down self haha! seriously though if u have health issues r major back pain u will want to spend most of ur time and budget here. if your building for kids dont allow them to go without the best shocks u can get. racks too. im just cautious here because i had a rack go out on me before. also permently messed up do to yard n racing karts not having shocks r rack n pinion or rack ha! terms! anyways. my buggys front end should b perfect after these mods.

ill show pics of the top two front bar/tube mods after they r done. im unable to post them now with a red tape example do to the angle change and end roundness.

any suggestions?

i wont b back on till saturday. have lots of work to do. please pass this thresd around so i can get more advice.

N8ball
03-28-2012, 07:30 AM
Instead of buying that kit with all the different sizes of hole saw I would spend $50 on a cheap harbor freight notcher and 2 hole saws in the 1 or 2 sizes you need. Keep the bushings lubed and it will last through a chassis or 2. Use oil and or coolant with the hole saw and it will last longer as well. I went through three hole saws building my frame; one of those was due to operator error.

Gotted
03-28-2012, 05:33 PM
It seems that you are moving rite along. Are you using the modded plans that you said you had.
N8ball has a point You wont need all of those you only need 2 or 3.The hole saws work best in a notcher on a drill press with lube. I used 30wight in a squirt can worked great and they lasted the hole build.

If you planning on adding more maybe take more picks with out the tape and post it trying to show the whole frame. One from the side one from the back and one from the front. There are people here that will photo shop where you should add to your build. I don't think you should remove anything.(blue tape)

2fast4u
04-01-2012, 08:19 AM
thanks n8ball and gotted.

i have decided to just buy the 2 bits i need for now, wich i might allready have and extras too. just cant figure out if they r for metal r wood. guess ill have to compare their teeth later. i believe as with all saw blades/bits/etc. metal ones use smaller more fine teeth. so when i get back to the garage later ill check on that. but good idea and especially better way of saving money. also thanks for letting me know the time frame on hoq long they last. its good to know if i get me a new bit itll last me untill i dinish the little bit thats left on this project. as far as an actuall notcher device to hold the bit. if all it does is that wich it looks like n all pics. i might just make my own for about $20 im guessing. the ones if found u must buy seem to run between $80-$120. i just cant justify that kinda mark up.

on another note after 3 yrs of kindly asking the biker dudes n my area and online on how to start a 07 gsxr 600 without its gauges iv given up. seems like the harley guys know what they r doin but as far as the crotch rockets from overseas...their riders seem to all b posers and not real racers so out of respect to the good ol usa and its real men ive decided my next buggy will have a v twin harley with a good ol carb on it! i can work on those all day and get
more respectable helpfull friends n my area this way. sorry gixxer fans. but as far as sick nasty is concerned i must continue. with is why ill b hunting down my old next door neibor pretty soon. he used to help run a shop n town. im hoping he can get me the info i need r at least force his old techs to bypass their legal bs and answer me haha!

frame work on the buggy has come to a holt untill i can find a good source for tubes. i migjt just have to go with the expensive priced ones on ebay. 1 1/4" .125 wall mild steel tube. 8 ft for $60 even though i should b able to get it for $22!!! erghhh! i lost my source!

in the meantime ill post some picks up on the work if done to the gsxr. was thinkin about using the rear shock 500 lbs spring rate i think and front shocks/forks for one of my other projects r this buggy. i doubt it though. was wondering if anyone has tried this before?

2fast4u
04-01-2012, 09:01 AM
me bored messin with the gas tank. thought it was funny seeing those two names on the same sticker. the fuel pump bolts were surprisingly loose feeling and easy to get off. if i wanted i coulda used the right sized flat head to take em off maybe even my fingers! (kinda scary if u think about it). ohhhhhhh boy! i forgot how bad old rusty gas smells! i had to quickly just set it back togather and run to cut hugo the big fan on. smelled like old 93 but was brownish from rust. was thinkin about just putting it back togather and reusing the tank n pump the way it came off the bike. not so sure now after seeing a few rusty patches inside and some rusty dots on the pump parts. any ideas on how to cure that?

2fast4u
04-01-2012, 09:17 AM
:D

easier then i thought to do this started from the bottom and worked my way up. just a socket wrench and "allen sockets" ha! there was one lil plastic piece i had to remove with a phillips. i skipped the front axle bolt for now.

2fast4u
04-01-2012, 09:26 AM
so ... yea . .. the front axle bolt.... i dont know what happened to it but i sure did have to put it n a vice and just about pulled both arms outta socket! i guessin min 150lbs was on that sucker but it sure did feel more like 250!!!!!!!

2fast4u
04-01-2012, 10:34 AM
also finished up cleaning and painting all the arms(1 set isent pictured but same). nice n shiny! doing so i found that the kobalt brand wire wheel brush i used (brass fine bristle 4") was a royal turd! flung crap all over from the 1st second to he last wich ended up being only 6hrs later! booooooo! the last wheel i used lasted for several yrs! so im off now to get a hopefully better one (any suggestions) and to get my starting the bike without its gauge cluster question answered.

ohh yeah. just a lil funny. a blue bird flew through my garage doin mach 2 and almost gave me a scalping! i about had a freakin heart attack!

more updates and pics mon.

N8ball
04-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Man you made short work of that bike. Hope you remember how it all goes back together, or at least the parts you'll need for the buggy. I like to use zip lock bags and a sharpie to keep small parts and fasteners labelled.

I love to throw my leg over a big American air cooled vTwin, but I have yet to see one in a buggy. It would scoot along but cooling may be an issue. I run a parade fan on my fat boy and it is a mini hurricane, but in long heavy traffic jams I kill it and push to keep from melting down. I don't run an oil cooler but I may add one this year.

rob8420
04-01-2012, 01:26 PM
the 07 gsxr 600 gas tank. was wondering if any one has takin the fuel pump out and used it in an aftermarket tank and could give me tips or pics on this part? im doing this to kill some time untill i can get some new tools and a good friend over to help me finish the front half of my buggy.

Yes i did this i cut the mount out of the tank and used the origanal fuel pump.

Made the tank out of steel and got it powdercoated then lined it so it didnt rust inside.

2fast4u
04-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Man you made short work of that bike. Hope you remember how it all goes back together, or at least the parts you'll need for the buggy. I like to use zip lock bags and a sharpie to keep small parts and fasteners labelled.

I love to throw my leg over a big American air cooled vTwin, but I have yet to see one in a buggy. It would scoot along but cooling may be an issue. I run a parade fan on my fat boy and it is a mini hurricane, but in long heavy traffic jams I kill it and push to keep from melting down. I don't run an oil cooler but I may add one this year.

thanks, i was eager to get it done quick because i had a 12 pack of those new blue bottles. was playing a drinkin game with myself. with every bolt came a new bottle haha! i had to try them because a while back i had worked with buds marketing and ceos n a study group. so to toot my own horn a lil i designed the little "splash of freshness" at the bottom of the budlight bottles and the blue n the platinum bottles : ) so yeah i was feelin pretty good that day. really proud of my accomplishments with this.

as far as the v twin. i found a local guy who can get me the smaller harley engines between 96- 2004 seem to b easy set of yrs to find. he uses some special software that instantly finds all their engines n the world that r currently online and for sale. most r liquid cooled. not sure of their specifics but the ones we looked at were goin between $600 - $1400 with trans, wires, rads, etc. everyone else iv worked with can only seem to find them for 4 - 6gs. im not that familiar with harleys but noticed the same thing u did... no one has a buggy with a v twin. so i figured why not heck ill do it next time around and go all out. then ill use it as a buisness card type of thing. like a rolling job application for people i might b able to make things for later on.

would u have any suggestions on harley v twins i could try for my next buggy and not have to worry about heating r other issues?

2fast4u
04-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Yes i did this i cut the mount out of the tank and used the origanal fuel pump.

Made the tank out of steel and got it powdercoated then lined it so it didnt rust inside.

wow! good idea! thanks. i might just try that today!

im finishing up the front suspension today and then moving on to the rear and engine mounts. after that ill test my fuel pump again and c what my options r with doing what u did. im not sure about this gsxr though. new things seem to throw trouble codes r refuse to work at all nowdays. im scared i might get stuck that way. im not sure of tank pressure or volume or venting it correctly.

did u do this with a 06/07 gsxr 600? any suggestions on what to look out for or a link r pic u could post?

im new and cant navigate this site to well. right now its easier for me to search this sites threads by using google pic searches haha! i just figured out how to do this and that there was a thread search box. ohh man thats bad! hahaha!

rob8420
04-04-2012, 03:38 AM
I done this on my SV1000 which is virtually the same fuel pump as the gixxers.

I didnt worry about tank pressure or anything just have put a roll over vent in the top.

Hope this helps

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx176/rob8420/Piranha%20Build/13062011516.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx176/rob8420/Piranha%20Build/13062011515.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx176/rob8420/Piranha%20Build/DSC03855.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx176/rob8420/Piranha%20Build/DSC03859.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx176/rob8420/Piranha%20Build/DSC03858.jpg

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx176/rob8420/Piranha%20Build/DSC03750-1.jpg

I also used the origanal fill port so i didnt have the need of machining anything up.

http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx176/rob8420/Piranha%20Build/DSC03749-1.jpg

Also if you want to use an alli or stainless tank you will just have to make a mount up for it.

vidio1
04-04-2012, 08:44 AM
I only know a bit about them, but 5 mins of searching revealed that Harley started using fuel injection as an option in 95' and if is a factory water cooled engine from the years you posted it's going to be a V-rod. They came out in 01' and were all fuel injected by 02'
My point is if it's electronic gremlins that are causing you to consider going to a Harley than you'll want to be cautious of the year or you'll have a similar situation to what you have now, plus the added headache of using a less than main stream power plant......

2fast4u
04-05-2012, 01:20 PM
I only know a bit about them, but 5 mins of searching revealed that Harley started using fuel injection as an option in 95' and if is a factory water cooled engine from the years you posted it's going to be a V-rod. They came out in 01' and were all fuel injected by 02'
My point is if it's electronic gremlins that are causing you to consider going to a Harley than you'll want to be cautious of the year or you'll have a similar situation to what you have now, plus the added headache of using a less than main stream power plant......

thanks for the info. im aiming for the least amount of wires possible and no computers. im also looking into one of those newer engines but taking off the injection and putting on a carb. ohh man its gonna b so wicked! itll end up being my 3rd project. im trying to come up with a name for it allready!

2fast4u
04-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Robin those pics were great! thanks !!! man i have to b honest i was going to b lazy and try and use the stock gas tank but after seeing this idea in pictures its just too cool. so ill b making one soon! itll save me around $250! that means more money for new power tools!

so just a little further update on project Sick Nasty. i thought i was finished with the front end completely. i tried the st2 setup. tried it with the same angle as the megalodons. tried an adjustable (up/down) a arm tabs and angle bar.

hey hold up!

apparently old age lol does have its good side!

my b day sun! and tax returns!

ahh..... yeah! billet cnc polished rack n pinion rated at 20 billion pounds! just playin but its insainly strong! i think the company rates it for 7,000lbs.
im aiming for 4 rims but will most likely end up the front two because the rear r expensive beadlocks.

also a cold cutting (blade) chop saw and mini drill press.

2fast4u
04-05-2012, 01:59 PM
.......and a new side/hand/angle grinder.

so ill have lots of new pics soon. might get a geo metro front setup to use as cheap alternative for the rear drive setup on the buggy.

now i must prepare for my partaaaaay!

new pics monday night!

2fast4u
04-05-2012, 02:20 PM
ording this stator cover off of ebay.

the geo metro front setup to use on the rear of a buggy.

the buggy is just to show my idea of good lookin buggy and what i plan on my buggy looking like minus the paint. also with this u will b able to notice the top front 2 bars r more at a bended type of rounded off ending i plan on doin to my buggy.

c yall mon!

rob8420
04-05-2012, 03:53 PM
Glad they helped you!

That buggy looks like my taste too looks awseome :D:p

rob8420
04-05-2012, 03:54 PM
[smilie=big_bday.gi:

For Sunday

Not too much [smilie=ext_beer2.g:

2fast4u
04-09-2012, 05:25 PM
thnks robin.

so i picked up this dark grey pontiac sunfire seat, samco blue radiator hose kit off a prototype 6x6 hydrogen john deere gator, and the other is a r/drive for another project im working on. all those r from " u pull it " junkyard. cost $60 but payed for with b day loot so no real cost to me....yet.

the gas tank u belive is a reject due to its mount holes being n an odd location. but i plan on cutting it up along with the stock gsr tank and making my own out of the 2. i got this for $4 from " smith iron and metal ". paid for it with scrap metal money so $0 outta my pocket so far!

ohh yeah. had a good b day. drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of turkey burgers, chicken wings, and deer tenderloin and jerky! whew we! im still n recovery!!! ha ha!

more pics tonight. i have to convert them from camera to computer to phone to photobucket and last upload them here.

2fast4u
04-09-2012, 10:10 PM
* the gas tank u believe is a reject is supposed to say ..... the gas tank i ...

im about to go out side right now and do the welds on some 1 1/2" angle iron ? i call it L shaped : ) so its 1/8"th thick 1 1/2" wide and 6' long. i got it from lows for $19. a lil present from my other half. i plan on using it tonight to mount my new seat untill i can afford the baja high back ss style seat. wow long name there.

as soon as i can get my hands on a hacksaw ill do the final welds on the a arms up front. by then my rack (haha) should b n. i plan on using the same L shaped metal to mount them unless i cant find 1 1/2" square mild steel. (might just have 2 break down n order it offa ebay for an arm n leg$) ill try n c if i can get pics of this (good pics)
tonight also. but im wanting to make the front and rear a arm mount heights adjustable at 3 different levels of ride height. for track days. haha. i wanna b able to tear up some pansy atv trails and mud holes along with dirt and paved circle and road course racing. also wanna do atleast a couple 1/4 mile passes down my favorite track. the main areas to ridearound here r big open 60 - 120 acre fields r old back country roads

2fast4u
04-09-2012, 10:43 PM
the 1st rear axle is from an old nissan 280 i think(maybe300), 2nd is a bmw 500 r 700 series, 3rd is from a really old "punch bug" vw beetle. the odd thing is the bmw and vw axles look exactly the same but have a 30yr difference between them.

i would like to get all 3 but sittin on hoods n mud holes while the sun cooks me isent a very good feeling along with handing over all that cash. they charge $30 an axle.

so my question is.... wich 1 set of axles would b the best to use? should i get the matching hubs with bearings at an extra 35$ a piece.does any one know the spline count on these?

2fast4u
04-13-2012, 06:26 PM
still waiting on a chop saw untill then everythings still just mocked up.

i plan on using the stock gsxr 600 shocks untill they break. just to c how long they will last and what breaks first. real buggy shocks will b on stand by.

stock set up is 15 teeth up front 45 out back. 3-1 ratio i think? plan on changing to 13 up front and 50 out back . 3.85 would b that ratio. any suggestions here?

also still waiting on rack,steering,front rims.

any suggestions? how about at the back of the buggy, a arm mount and axle mount locations?

2fast4u
04-13-2012, 06:55 PM
what does that little blue lock looking thing mean right beside the 2nd to last star on this posting?

gamadagas
04-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Hei it's good idea use bike shock's. I was thinking same as you, if they would be back and then maybe will break, but at the front I think not. Because the front is very light.

2fast4u
04-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Hei it's good idea use bike shock's. I was thinking same as you, if they would be back and then maybe will break, but at the front I think not. Because the front is very light.

the gsxr front forks/shocks look more cool on the back of the buggy and the gsxr rear shock (i have extra 1 to use) look better on the front of the buggy. allthough i have them pictured differently. i plan on driving the buggy with the current shock setup lookin the way it does n the pics because of my guesstimated spring rates and travel.

the buggys a arms all around r setup for 10 inches of travel. using the gsxr shocks (just for testing) ill only get around 6 inches of front travel and 4 rear. im using the gsxr front shocks/forks on the front of the buggy because i believe them to b at a 180-220lb spring rate even though they dont actualy have springs/coils. im using the gsxr rear coil over spring on the rear of the buggy because i believe (guesstimate) it to b rated at 450-500lb spring rate. of course i have an extra one of these i got from ebay so i can use a arms all around like intended. all 4 shocks have adjustable rebound and compression but i have yet to find to what extent because i havent seen a dyno chart for them yet.

i plan on using somewhere around 2" diameter tube to reinforce and mount the gsxr front forks/shocks. im going to try and mount all shocks as straight up and down as possible to help n proper travel and shock life (less likely to bind).

Lug-Nuts
04-14-2012, 10:29 AM
have you tried putting the bike in "dealer mode" to fire it up? All you do is find the diagnostic port. the dealer terminal. It is a six prong, white in color plug with a black rubber dust cap.Remove black dust cap and expose contacts. Now examine wires and locate a black wire that has a thin white stripe. Locate the second wire which is a white wire with a thin red stripe. Now use an insulated wire (speaker wire will do) to connect the black/white contact to the white/red contact. They should be adjacent to each other. Give that a try and see if u can start it up. If that doesnt work u may need to get gauges.

2fast4u
04-15-2012, 02:35 AM
have you tried putting the bike in "dealer mode" to fire it up? All you do is find the diagnostic port. the dealer terminal. It is a six prong, white in color plug with a black rubber dust cap.Remove black dust cap and expose contacts. Now examine wires and locate a black wire that has a thin white stripe. Locate the second wire which is a white wire with a thin red stripe. Now use an insulated wire (speaker wire will do) to connect the black/white contact to the white/red contact. They should be adjacent to each other. Give that a try and see if u can start it up. If that doesnt work u may need to get gauges.

if i dont blow myself up and that works im going to scream for joy!

thank ya lug nuts u the man!

2fast4u
04-16-2012, 11:34 AM
found this on my computer today. think it was either from here a couple yrs ago r from a school project online and was a great idea to try.

also thinking about making my own steering wheel to hold the stock gsxr guage cluster and some push buttons.

gotta late b day present....... sawzall ! also a diamond blade. so ill c how long it last. never used that kind of blade before.

havent had the chance to try the lil dealer trick with those wires yet.

im working on youtube vids for this. going to try and make what i have so far into 2 or 3 different vids lasting about 5mins each. still waiting on some more tools and parts comming my way hopefully around the end of this month. should also b getting my car back soon. that should make life easier! haha! cant wait! : )

2fast4u
04-20-2012, 10:46 AM
this is what im working on now.

i plan on putting it over the paddle shifter set up like i posted n the last pic.

also working on the front of the buggy's frame rails, steering, pedals, and then ill finish up with the seat mounts.

my steeeing wheel will b telescoping and tilt adjustable along with the seat bottom and back rest.

have some new tools and parts now. more on the way.

just lost 2gigs worth of awsome photos and videos from a software fart due to cheap camera. erghhhh! so a minor setback but big lesson learned! if u cheap out on it ... it will cheap out on u!

so ill b working on retaking pics today and making 30 second video clips. (30 second clips r easier to edit then 2 min ones) ill copy n paste the url to the vids here when im done.

any advice so far? this place isent as active as it was some yrs ago so please ... anybody?

i hope once i get a youtube vid posted my thread and minibuggy.net will get alot more views and helpfull members. im also working on some cards to pass around with links/urls on them to this thread, this sites home page, and the upcoming you tube vids. so i hope this will help us all out and i hope others do the same.

b back soon with more pics!

2fast4u
04-20-2012, 02:27 PM
so here it is! the start of the most sick nasty homemade steering wheel u have ever seen! haha!

i got this metal to make it from lowes. $19.75 after bs tax! whats funny n a meesed up sort of way is i used to work for this metal company's competitor ... worthington steel/deitrich? industries (corp. office is or was the big steel building n pittsburgh pa) and back then this same piece woulda been around 75cents! that was the best company ive ever worked for minus all the old jealous people hating on my young self showin em how its done! haha! my checks used to b so big i once asked my boss man if it was real! never saw so much loot n my life! i coulda bought two new cars without flenchin and still have dough left over! coulda retired n 10-12 yrs. but thanks to clintons treaty with china they eventually went out of buisness and ... here i am... trying to keep on keepin on!

thats right ...

my steering wheel ...

MADE IN USA!

2fast4u
04-20-2012, 03:33 PM
so im about to start work on my wheel and relize that i forgot to get some bits for the drill i need to cut my finger notches with.

while im waiting on parts i decided to take some random pics of my new hubs and shop tools that im currently using.

2fast4u
04-20-2012, 03:47 PM
thanks to the rh,sc sears tool department manager for the drill press at 60% off! $100 score! cha ching!

also have the garage's dj center. (if u can hear it im twisted so...deal with it)

and last but not least the lil rc hummer that allways turns out to b more fun then expected.

2fast4u
04-20-2012, 04:11 PM
make sure both r the high speed hubs.

i got the 4 on 4 bolt pattern (4x100mm) for the 1" (one inch) axle. also plan on ordering adapters for them to fit my new rims n tires that r on the way.

the new rims n tires will b 4x110 mm and 25"x10"x12".

ill b back n a week with some real pics of some real progress when my parts get here and i get a dry cut (metal not abrasive blade) chop saw. hopefully by then ill have a youtube vid link to post also.

see yall next friday!

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 12:44 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/guhnatcat/IMG_20120414_182718.jpg

just checking all these little buttons i cant see, but i hope this is the one that actually shows the pic and not just as an atrachment. the button i clicked to do this i believe is the little yellow square. looks like a post card with a mountain on it.

well .....

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 12:46 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/guhnatcat/IMG_20120414_182718.jpg

just checking all these little buttons i cant see, but i hope this is the one that actually shows the pic and not just as an atrachment. the button i clicked to do this i believe is the little yellow square. looks like a post card with a mountain on it.

well .....

....... oops! haha!

ohh well i tried.

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 01:07 PM
so 1st up we have some stats. supposed to b for bikes around 06/07 gsxr 600 the other bikes stats should b around the same years give or take a yr or two.

2nd and 3rd pics should show my bikes handle bars and buttons/switches. i plan on recreating these on my steering wheel. right now im getting my pushbuttons, toggles,etc through mr b's racing in rh sc. he gets them from painless. the ones i have so far seem to b of very high quality. they r made n mexico. the pos ones i got from pepboyz fell apart n my hands as soon as i opened them so i returned them. those were made by pilot n china and are very dangerous considering they wouldnt work but about one n twenty tries and fell apart. so big thanks to mr b's racing and painless for comming through for me and saving my formula steering wheel project!

Chikin
04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
....... oops! haha!

ohh well i tried.

Yeah it wont work because I just checked your photobucket album.... Its marked as Private .... So you will have to make it public and it will allow you to post pics...

The mountain link is correct... But not when its private

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah it wont work because I just checked your photobucket album.... Its marked as Private .... So you will have to make it public and it will allow you to post pics...

The mountain link is correct... But not when its private

ahhhhhhhh ha!

thanks u so much chikin1974! awsome info! looks like im going to have to get my wife to change that to a public photobucket album or just make my own. i just kicked myself! haha!
thanks again.

ohhh man i cant stop laughing at myself.

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 03:13 PM
1st 2 pics are of the good stuff (green/red) and the last pic is of the junk!

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 03:19 PM
so i had to draw my template for my steering wheel. after plently of wasted designs i chose this. more pics and info when my phone charges back up ha ha!

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 10:26 PM

the other shock i needed was from a matching gsxr i found on ebay. it had just a few less miles on it as the one i allready had so it should make for a good match and i cant wait to see how they will work on the back of the buggy. it was an awsome deal thanks to the wife on this late b day gift. thanks to the us postal service for it taking forever and showing up half hanging out of the packaging. haha lucky for me that was a tuff shock so i hope it will hold up well on the buggy.

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 10:30 PM
and another b day gift. NICE!!!

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 11:04 PM
back to the steering wheel... was also thinking about using these. not sure of their quality though. hmm.....

im going to try and find a place that can print a couple copies of my drawing since my printer paper isent big enough. then i plan on cutting one out and using it as a template to make the main part of the wheel. next i will cut out my switch/button holes with my drill press and saw then move on to cutting out the main outline last. when i can get ahold of either some one inch or one and a quarter inch mild steel tube i will bend it to fit the outside of the wheel. that will b my hand grips. havent decided if i will make finger notches or not.

this stuff seems to take longer then planned. im not used to all the internet hunting and waiting on parts, but its worth the wait to find what i need at next to nothing cost if any at all sometimes.

b back with pics of the wheel and some switches mounted to it late sat.

2fast4u
04-27-2012, 11:10 PM
also thinking about using some nice wood for grips or maybe that stuff thats kinda like a hard platic like on kitchen counters or maybe a bowling ball type of material for the steering wheel grips. its going to be like making my own grips for a knife of gun. i might also try doing a leather wrap if i can find some free scraps..hmmmm.. just thinkin....

2fast4u
04-28-2012, 06:29 PM
ohh yeah!

2fast4u
04-29-2012, 12:34 AM

almost there just need more switches and some better quality push buttons.

also plan on reinforcing the rear of the wheel where it will mount with the steering column.

chose not to mount the guages in the wheel because of a lack of space. now i need to find a better location for them on the buggy. the dash will b small and also not an option because the steering wheel blocking my line of sight. i need to get a picture of this.

ohh and the steering wheel took 3 hours to "cut" out! im not looking forward to cutting out those rocker switch holes at all, but when its done itll b sahweet! i wont be drilling any push button holes untill i find all 4 that i need n a better style and actually function! haha!

does anyone know if u can use a laser to cut sheet metal or is the best thing possible...a water jet? none are a option for my use i was just wondering.

time for some sleep. ill update again when i get some more parts or tools. should be in a week or two. trying to find those buttons and waiting on a rack n front wheels.
[smilie=wbounce.gif]

N8ball
04-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Laser cutters work great. As do plasma cutters. Water jet will do the job but probably the more expensive option. I have a Beverly shear that I love cutting anything under 12 gauge with. It is throatless hand shear and it is great for cutting inside and outside curves.

Nice saw! Remember not to push the blade too far. When it gets dull, have it sharpened.

Once you start loosing teeth I gets more expensive to fix. $6-8 per tooth is what my guy charges for replacement. If you beat it up too bad you will be replacing the blade. Best to have at least one extra hanging around so as soon as you need it, you have it. Trust me it is hard to stop in he middle of a project to send your blade out for 1-2 weeks for sharpening. But that is still better than buying a new blade every time.

2fast4u
04-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Laser cutters work great. As do plasma cutters. Water jet will do the job but probably the more expensive option. I have a Beverly shear that I love cutting anything under 12 gauge with. It is throatless hand shear and it is great for cutting inside and outside curves.

Nice saw! Remember not to push the blade too far. When it gets dull, have it sharpened.

Once you start loosing teeth I gets more expensive to fix. $6-8 per tooth is what my guy charges for replacement. If you beat it up too bad you will be replacing the blade. Best to have at least one extra hanging around so as soon as you need it, you have it. Trust me it is hard to stop in he middle of a project to send your blade out for 1-2 weeks for sharpening. But that is still better than buying a new blade every time.

thanks n8ball.

i tried what i thought was a hand shear, but it looked more like a tree limb pruner haha i dont know. anyways, man i cant stop laughing, ok so i tried them and only got about a 1/4" cut. they worked great on thinner metal though. im looking at a larger version for future projects right now.

2fast4u
04-30-2012, 12:27 PM
ok 2 problems:

1. some how my wiring harness for my guage cluster and fromt headlights is missing. the guage came n the mail the other day. i started freaking out i was so happy i was going to crank the engine for the 1st time n the buggy....but....madness hit real quick when i couldnt find the only wires i needed! erghhh! only me only me. theres no way on earth i can justify paying $50 to replace them with ones offa ebay. its like a foot long little batch of wires...aint no way! i got 5 on it but thats it! im s o l for now.

so im was gonna do some ghetto redneck engineering and speaker wire each tiny lil prong. just a temp job untill i can get the real deal. this is when i noticed one connector had 16 holes and the other had 15 pins or vise versa.

2. if i can take the guage cluster back housing off i could use its screw holes to mount it to my steering wheel with no space or structual compromises. only thing is ive never took that kinda guage apart before and scared if i do little springs or things might pop out and then im s o l again.

CARLRIDDLE
04-30-2012, 12:42 PM
That secondary upper harness is easy part to miss. Some have the handlebar controls in them too. Keep an eye, usally can snag one cheap. With a good schematic you could do your hot wire thing.

N8ball
04-30-2012, 09:33 PM
A Beverly shear- beverly shear - Google Search (http://www.google.com/search?q=beverly+shear&hl=en&client=safari&prmd=imvnsfd&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=xEmfT8nwF8i0iQLDtrnUAQ&ved=0CGsQsAQ&biw=320&bih=417#i=0).

Pretty handy for sheet metal. You will never go back to snips.

Good luck with the wiring.

2fast4u
05-02-2012, 08:44 PM
thanks y'all

apparently i was using tin snips.

i cant find the drivers for my printer and this phones screen is too small for me to follow a wire diagram so i guess ill be looking for a haynes repair book for my bike unless i can get something better from the dealer. not even sure if a haynes repair book would have what i need. i hope if i find something like that ill just b able to remember the part of it i need so i dont have to buy it.

another late b day present came today. my new front wheels! wooo hoo! they r 25x10x12 and my rear tires i still dont have rims for are 27x12x12!

this buggy.... if yall could c it in person... SICK NASTY it is for sure! hopefully a good video in the near future will do it and all my hard work justice.

my cnc'd polished rack should b here thursday or friday! then itll b back to work!

2fast4u
05-03-2012, 12:26 AM
project sick nasty mini buggy with gsxr 600 engine brakes and shocks.

this is just an older photo im using to test out on this site using photobucket.

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/1336022074110.jpg

2fast4u
05-03-2012, 12:28 AM
project sick nasty mini buggy with gsxr 600 engine brakes and shocks.

this is just an older photo im using to test out on this site using photobucket.

2fast4u
05-03-2012, 12:31 AM
ahhhh ha! so u have to use the image link and post directly in the box! [smilie=moon.gif]

JoesEdge
05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
thanks y'all

apparently i was using tin snips.

i cant find the drivers for my printer and this phones screen is too small for me to follow a wire diagram so i guess ill be looking for a haynes repair book for my bike unless i can get something better from the dealer. not even sure if a haynes repair book would have what i need. i hope if i find something like that ill just b able to remember the part of it i need so i dont have to buy it.

another late b day present came today. my new front wheels! wooo hoo! they r 25x10x12 and my rear tires i still dont have rims for are 27x12x12!

this buggy.... if yall could c it in person... SICK NASTY it is for sure! hopefully a good video in the near future will do it and all my hard work justice.

my cnc'd polished rack should b here thursday or friday! then itll b back to work!

Hmmm...I don't think those square tires will give you a nice cuhsy ride. LOL

Nice dood! I've been watching your build. Cool!

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 09:41 AM
thanks joes edge!

as far as my new front tires go, i was thinking square ones will make my 0-60mph times decrease by about two tenths :D

yesterday i found a new metal supplier, cant remember the name cause my head was messed up (bad news from afgan that had me wanting to strangle some political figures)

deep breath......

supplier is located in "upstate" south carolina, usa, east coast. they are right down the street from york co. natural gas in rockhill sc. right in front of that old tire place. just drive around back and u will c the office. this is very important find due to no other known local suppliers for tubes,pipes,metal plate and sheets in a 100mile radius. they were very helpfull minus the tall dude who thought he should make very rude assumptions about myself and project so id stay away from him but everyone else seemed very respectable. when i find out the name ill post it. they have everything a person in my area will need metal and fab skills wise for any projects like the one on this site.

so i managed to get a little over 20 ft of cage material for $62 in b day gift money. it would have been cheaper but i needed them to cut it in half for transport in the back of my lil s10. by the way transporting it 30 mins away was kinda risky. so people carrying any load that sticks off the back of their truck should be carefull of other drivers. our uninsured motor vehicle rate has gone from 3% to 60% according to a man in blue. half way home i had a guy try and run his cars front window through my tubes apparently trying to set me up for a lawsuit. ive been setup twice this yr and just got my cool car out of the shop again. so be carefull out there people and watch out for guys like him. the only reason we didnt get into is because i pointed cameras at him and alerted the drivers around me.

so i make it home and as im getting the metal out of the truck and moving it to the shop i allmost took my freshly painted car out! haha!

boy what a day.

the rack should be here any minute now.:D

ill post more pics tonight! woo hooo!

Bullnerd
05-04-2012, 09:49 AM
Awesome!Very Rage looking?

fatal-exception
05-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Sounds like it's your birthday a few times a week. Sheesh...;)

CARLRIDDLE
05-04-2012, 02:15 PM
In Ga your suppose to flag anything that hangs out over 3'. If its properly flagged and they hit it its their fault and you should beat some sense into the driver with the bent tube.

I do like the size of the buggy, any plans or you winging it?

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Awesome!Very Rage looking?

hey now that u mention it, it does kinda look like the rage buggy. the rails are more squared off at sharper angles at the top and made to be more wide those middle bars (i call em arm rest) are bent like the rage's also. st2 plans were mostly used for the frame though. wow...good eye.:)

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Sounds like it's your birthday a few times a week. Sheesh...;)

haha!

only this year :D

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 04:53 PM
In Ga your suppose to flag anything that hangs out over 3'. If its properly flagged and they hit it its their fault and you should beat some sense into the driver with the bent tube.

I do like the size of the buggy, any plans or you winging it?

thanks. im trying to follow the st2plans but im missing some pages. plus im am kinda winging it because the st2 is not all that great in the looks and adjustablity department. also im used to racing rc back in them good ole days lol and have my old team t3 truck manual. last i luv the megalodon! but it has two fatal flaws for my needs so yeah...just kinda going with the flow of available parts right now. cant wait till it done. i have people taking bets on if i wrap it around a tree r get it impounded and end up on the news haha!

...friends...geez!

i think the front wheels from axle studs to studs is 64" front and 58" back. from nose to tail its 108" ill be back on later with exact measurements.

and " i was prepared " (song from the movie hoodwinked stuck in my head now) and i put yellow, blue, light blue,brown,orange,hmmm..well i had alot of everything i could find tied to the ends of my metal juuuuust incase. it still doesnt help with some people.

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 05:24 PM
i get a call saying my rack and pinion has arrived and rush to pick it up....now as we can all tell these are not it but still a pleasent surprise! whats funny in an odd kinda messed up sorta way is i just clicked the pay it now button for these pretty ladies and what do ya know...they show up. my wife bought a rack lol a long time ago and this slow big square brown truck driving guy must be new cause the bad service is killing me and her both!

love those adapters they look sahweet! just hope they hold up. :)

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 05:35 PM
had to flip my high speed 4 on 4 (4x100mm) hub's lug nuts around to tightin down the 2" atv wheel adapter that converted the lug pattern to the 4x110mm inorder to fit my new wheels and clear the steering.

the required this socket.

once tightend they were a perfect fit!

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 05:44 PM
used this socket to tighten down the adapters lugs and the rims fit perfect!

the steering is kinda close to the rim so i might shave it down a bit.

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 05:50 PM
more pics late saturday night! :p

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 11:25 PM
i measured the buggy just now. its current set up is:
wheelbase 116"
front track 64"
rear track 60"
overall length 114"
:eek:

2fast4u
05-04-2012, 11:53 PM
i measured the buggy just now. its current set up is:
wheelbase 116"
front track 64"
rear track 60"
overall length 114"
:eek:

width 36"
height 45"

when its done im going to drive it over the scales and check its weight.

also want to check the following:

ride height
suspension travel
droop
turning radius
0-60mph
rpms and mphs in each gear
max torque and hp
0-60ft time
60-0 brake
1/8 and 1/4mile times
take off, brake, and turning g's
entry and exit times

whew wee! had to list all that incase i forget :D

and wanna do so in the dirt and on pavement.

2fast4u
05-05-2012, 08:24 PM
the final weight should b 650lbs without me in it so with a 600cc making around 104hp and 44lbs with a 6 speed tranny it ought to do good and ill test it with the stock 15 tooth pinion and 45tooth sprocket then switch to a 13 tooth pinion and 53 tooth sprocket and most likely better shocks. still wating on the rack it was supposed to be here thursday and its sat :D

any suggestions?:)

butch
05-05-2012, 08:48 PM
any suggestions?:)[/QUOTE]

Try switching to decaf. lol

CARLRIDDLE
05-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Lol Butch. I know where he got his screen name. He post faster than you can reply.

Serious note, if your off the beaten path UPS will slide you to side if they got a busy day. Do you have a tracking ##?
How is wheel base longer than over all? Would like to see some better pics. Nice looking buggy, keep ticking away at it.

2fast4u
05-07-2012, 12:42 AM

Try switching to decaf. lol[/QUOTE]

haha good one :p

2fast4u
05-07-2012, 01:11 AM
Lol Butch. I know where he got his screen name. He post faster than you can reply.

Serious note, if your off the beaten path UPS will slide you to side if they got a busy day. Do you have a tracking ##?
How is wheel base longer than over all? Would like to see some better pics. Nice looking buggy, keep ticking away at it.

ohh yall got jokes huh lol

i got that name thanks to my cough cough *pats self on the back* pro driving skills cough haha!

as far as the wheelbase im not sure how to measure that correctly. i think your supposed to do it by the f n r axles...not sure though so i just did it my own way. all my other measurements are correct.

so ill explain " my own way ". i measured from the outside front edge of my front tires to the outside rear edge of my back tires.

since both my front and rear tires stick out more then the frame just by a couple inches.

this style setup was learned from my past rc (remote control) truck racing days. i noticed how most peoples buggies front noses and rears frame sections stick out farther then their wheels. i wanted to try and avoid this. id rather my tires have the greatist possibility of hitting whats in front of me before the frame gets too. same goes for when im in reverse. wich by the way will b with a high torque starter and old chevy flex plate via push button from my steering wheel.

so hope that helps.

i will try and get better pics. any suggestions of what parts or angles of certain sections i should take. im working on better lighting and it should b a roller pretty soon so ill b able to get those two tables out the way.

2fast4u
05-07-2012, 01:18 AM
ohh and check out the pics of my buggy in my photo album for this profile. ill add more there now. should b 3 there allready. i think they show up better and alot larger from my album kinda like that one i posted of it from the side.[smilie=dunno.gif]

2fast4u
05-09-2012, 06:11 PM
some good news, some bad, and a question.

bad 1st.

ive given "apple tree auto" from ebay an extra week to send my rack n pinion and ... nothing. sent them 2 emails over past 2 weeks.... nothin....tried callin ups local and main offices and was refused all answers... orderd apr 17 its now may 9nth! :mad:

some good news.

ordering rims (pictured) and a quick release hub for my steering wheel.

wasent sure of the " ins and outs " of the quick releases (pictured). seems to b the 2 main ones available are mostly used. also saw 2 other types not pictured. wich is better? why? how do they work and where do they differ?

thanks for any help and suggestions. i have alot of past questions and pics. please check them out too.

back to waiting on parts:)

Deranged
05-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Hmm, that sounds odd from Appletree. I usually get stuff really quick. I am heading up there tomorrow to get some suff, I will ask them about it for you if you don't mind. I live 1 hour south of there. I might just load the CRF 450 and do a couple hot laps while I am there...lol. By the way, Silver Lake Sand dunes are right out there front door, if you didnt know...:D

Justin

2fast4u
05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
Hmm, that sounds odd from Appletree. I usually get stuff really quick. I am heading up there tomorrow to get some suff, I will ask them about it for you if you don't mind. I live 1 hour south of there. I might just load the CRF 450 and do a couple hot laps while I am there...lol. By the way, Silver Lake Sand dunes are right out there front door, if you didnt know...:D

Justin

yeah i thought they were good. they sure do have all the parts i need and planned on ordering more from them in the future but not after what i saw and went through online through ebay. hopefully they r good people and just had some major screw ups. they sure did get our money back asap.

wish i had sand dunes out my front door! haha! ohhhh man i can only imagine the fun.....and sand.....everywhere.

have fun on that 450. :p

Stomper
05-15-2012, 10:22 PM

Try switching to decaf. lol[/QUOTE]

[smilie=rofl.gif][smilie=rofl.gif]Now that's funny.

2fast
The buggy looks great. looks like you are getting lots done. where did you get the wheel adapters.

butch
05-16-2012, 02:28 AM
Hey 2fast I'm just messin with ya man. Keep posting and keep building. And I feel your pain when it comes to waiting on parts It took 5 weeks to get my stubs and axles in.

Stomper
05-16-2012, 08:34 AM
Yes the internet is a great place to purchase stuff, if you have the time to wait. I just purchased some aluminum flat bar and round bar from a guy on ebay and with shipping it was 1/2 the price than I could buy it localy. Just doesn't seem right.

Need more pictures 2fast;)

2fast4u
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Try switching to decaf. lol

[smilie=rofl.gif][smilie=rofl.gif]Now that's funny.

2fast
The buggy looks great. looks like you are getting lots done. where did you get the wheel adapters.[/QUOTE]

thanks,
i think i typed atv wheel adapters into ebay motors and they popped up. i remember seeing 2 main sellers and saved a pic of the ones shipping from the u.s. to my phone. someone saw the pic and orderd them for me. the pic i had saved got deleted along with sellers info but ill c if they can find it. thinking the pic had a reverse check mark kinda symbol going across the adapters and was black and red colored. i
thought i had posted their info but guess i forgot. so hope my bad memory and description can help ya for now.

im glad u think its goin fast. :Di sure do feel like somebody hit the slow motion button on me. im sittin here just wishin for a handfull of parts lookin at this thing ....
erghhh.....im so close! i keep picturing me never having to cut the grass in my back yard again because of the "buggy landscaping" haha! now thats gonna be fun!

2fast4u
05-17-2012, 08:50 PM
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/IMG_20120514_143836.jpg

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/DSCN0738.jpg

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/DSCN0890.jpg

this rack is on its way (end load)

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/_BuHwv_B2k_KGrHqEOKiUEvMlcVuPKBL_tc4t1Q__1-1.jpg

using part of this info comes in handy for the one in the pic above since i cant find its measurements.
(centet load)

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/_KGrHqN_nkE8VMw_BHBBPVmNkfJoQ_60_1.jpg

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/DSCN0888.jpg

some of these are a week or 2 old.

more later in the attachments.

for those of u who cant c the attachments i believe u must b a member to do so or/and have fladh player for windoes only for now. so if ur using a phone like i am now most will only b able to c the above pics insted untill u become a member. [smilie=ext_tease.g:

2fast4u
05-17-2012, 08:59 PM
:cool:

ohh yeah!

yall know what time it is!

NoClue
05-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Nice work and progress.

I think my grandma had those same chairs in her kitchen.

2fast4u
05-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Nice work and progress.

I think my grandma had those same chairs in her kitchen.

haha!:D everybody loves my chairs. i got them from my grandma! lol

i think ive seen them on " that 70's show " also.
[smilie=cool.gif]

2fast4u
05-19-2012, 12:41 PM
lalala

2fast4u
05-19-2012, 02:54 PM
wow!

i just clicked the "sponsored" link to rorty design's page and its has alot of much needed answers to my question!

good stuff. i luv their layout info and pics! perfect! just the way id want it.

also just relized (kicks self) sandparts link was right in front of my face, but its a royal pain to even attempt to navigate their site on a smart phone. their parts are scatterd all over but sure wish i woulda orderd some past parts from them insted of ebay lol.

;)

1yldryd
05-20-2012, 11:49 AM
2fast4u, Umm, I want all my stuff back!!!.... hahaha. I couldn't believe it when I got your message. I'm thrilled your actually finishing this buggy! I read thru your build and your doing a great job overcoming all the challenges that come with such a project (as many here can attest to). This will be fun for me to follow along as you finish building my 1st buggy project. To those who noticed, yes I modeled the cage after the Rage buggy. I had forgotten how good that frame was looking b4 I stopped working on it. You've got me itching to start another buggy so time for me to inventory my stuff and see where I stand. I'm really going to enjoy watching your progress.... thanks for sharing it.

2fast4u
05-21-2012, 12:16 AM
2fast4u, Umm, I want all my stuff back!!!.... hahaha. I couldn't believe it when I got your message. I'm thrilled your actually finishing this buggy! I read thru your build and your doing a great job overcoming all the challenges that come with such a project (as many here can attest to). This will be fun for me to follow along as you finish building my 1st buggy project. To those who noticed, yes I modeled the cage after the Rage buggy. I had forgotten how good that frame was looking b4 I stopped working on it. You've got me itching to start another buggy so time for me to inventory my stuff and see where I stand. I'm really going to enjoy watching your progress.... thanks for sharing it.

:p lol :D

thanks. id b driving it right now if it wasent for my badluck curse. ur son knows im sure he could tell ya some crazy stories about some crazy stuff ive been put through. (psycho x's, crooked cops, flipped cars) ohhh man! ..

.. and i have a 4yr old! never thought id see a car seat in my ride. lol hey at least i get to play with ninja turtles and lego again. haha!

so now we have our own place! woo hoo! no more crazy apartment stories for me! and since we havent had to pay for diapers ive been able to do alot.

im working for myself now. it all started when i walked into hager one day with the friend who hooked me up with thos sick nasty rear tires
. well i saw a 4 wheeler front bumper guard for $86 and relized i could make the same thing for $12.

it was all over after that. no more job apps for me!

so i started workin on lawnmowers and go carts again. then it dawned on me.... hey.. im all meesed up and cant even enjoy racin em but stuck workin on them while i had ur old buggy parts in storage. so i decided to build things with shocks and nice comfy seats.

and now im just kinda starting to work formyself! ill never go back to slave work for people who could care less! id rather live in a tent and starve after relizing true freedom or damn near close to it anything less just wont cut it.

and a quick update on my buggy.

the rack came in the mail today. for some reason the fed ex guy decided to tape it to the mail box insted of just handing it over and knocking on the door. lol ^ arent u glad u moved away^

great my phone keeps messin up. brb in the morn with pics.
this rack is so sweet i allmost wanna move it to my display case and just stare at it some more.

1yldryd
05-22-2012, 11:28 PM
A little info, the bushings I used for the A-arms are oil impregnated bronze, I got them from mcmaster/carr..... if you ever need to replace them. The square tubing for the bottom is .125 thick and should be strong enough for any motor or whatever you plan. The round tubing is .063 wall and is a little thin. Triangulation and gusseting is a must but after that it should be fine. A-arms are thicker and should hold up well. The A-arm pivot pins are 304 ss if I remember right, don't use ss bolts with them and you'll be fine (ss bolts will gale and cause problems.

If you have any questions let me know.

2fast4u
05-23-2012, 11:58 AM
A little info, the bushings I used for the A-arms are oil impregnated bronze, I got them from mcmaster/carr..... if you ever need to replace them. The square tubing for the bottom is .125 thick and should be strong enough for any motor or whatever you plan. The round tubing is .063 wall and is a little thin. Triangulation and gusseting is a must but after that it should be fine. A-arms are thicker and should hold up well. The A-arm pivot pins are 304 ss if I remember right, don't use ss bolts with them and you'll be fine (ss bolts will gale and cause problems.

If you have any questions let me know.

thanks for the info. i allways wonderd obout those bronze bushings. do u think i should put in a little thing to pump some oil in there? i think they r called grease or zerk fittings???

i burnt through that thin stuff trying to weld it a while back. i did get most of the good joints welded though.:)

im going to try and find the next size up on tube in both diameter and thickness then cut about 4 inch sections of it and over lap the previous welds but 1st i wanna try and fill in all the large gaps with a filler rod.

with the gussest i wanted to make giant ones with some weight reduction holes for the extra coolness factor but have decided to just go with a smaller more normal sized gussets. the giant ones were just to much.

2fast4u
05-23-2012, 12:18 PM
how to mount this thing using the metal plate and random bolts i allready have. ? hmmm......

2fast4u
05-23-2012, 12:26 PM
. [smilie=banghead.gi:
[smilie=big_explode:
:confused:

2fast4u
05-23-2012, 01:22 PM
i like the idea of using the two different styles of tie rod ends in the 1st pic. one on each side.

or just using a clevis mount for the steering spindle and whats in the second pic for my racks ... clevis mount.

also like this setup. i copy n paste the pic url here hope the link works. http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/YPOS8_8mm_Tie_Rod_End.jpg

2fast4u
05-23-2012, 01:25 PM
i like the idea of using the two different styles of tie rod ends in the 1st pic. one on each side.

or just using a clevis mount for the steering spindle and whats in the second pic for my racks ... clevis mount.

also like this setup. i copy n paste the pic url here hope the link works. http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/YPOS8_8mm_Tie_Rod_End.jpg

oops here it is.

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/STEERING-KITS-FOR-WEB.jpg

1yldryd
05-24-2012, 07:05 PM
"should put in a little thing to pump some oil in there? i think they r called grease or zerk fittings???"--- no, when bushing starts to get warm it will weep oil to cool and lubricate itself. They hold alot of oil.

"i burnt through that thin stuff trying to weld it a while back. i did get most of the good joints welded though."--- Ya, I had planned on tig welding the frame which would have been easier than mig welding it. .090 wall would have been a much better choice. When I built that frame I had no tube notcher. Fact is that I didn't know about this site either. At the time there were no resources for buggy building. Rorty's site, pics on the Rage site and pics/videos of stadium buggy racing overseas and the Edge and Badland sites. If I had known about this site (which is a huge resource) I would have finished it myself but I'm glad you have it..... I could tell you were buggy crazy when I met you....

2fast4u
05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
haha, your right im buggy crazy. i grew up loving dune buggys and monster trucks!

now im able to work on cool stuff! we need more cool stuff in nc and sc areas. so ive talked with people about making this thing street legal. :eek: now that would be crazy!

i hope more people will catch on like they did when i droped my truck on the ground.

hopefully my little buggy movement wont get messed up. the cops are gonna love having someone to harrass again![smilie=biggrin.gif]

2fast4u
05-25-2012, 10:47 AM
so u can get free paint from the dump haha! boy....the places i find free stuff at. i ended up with the 95% full can of "metal hammerd silver finish" paint. also got myself some free ... well.... haha....free front and rear 4 wheeler tires. as i was going for a free parts washer, computer, and optima battery i was stopped by the trash nazi. ohh well i tried.

anyways i was able to use the paint to dip my rack n pinion bolts in so i could then slide them through the rack and let the touch the mounting plate. by doing this i was able to mark the spots that need to be drilled out for the other two bolts.

2fast4u
05-25-2012, 11:04 AM
used blue electric tape as a gasket....hey...it works great!

decided to drill in a 3 step process so i wouldnt tear anything up. that last big bit got a lil smokey but it made for a good vid yall will get to c later.

ill have more pics and updates hopefully this weekend...hold up its allready this weekend!
[smilie=wink.gif]

2fast4u
05-28-2012, 02:41 AM
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/_KGrHqIOKnEE2ZvdTEJdBN1tIC6iDQ__12.jpg

http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/fkbrk68-1-6001.jpg

hope those 2 links work. they should show pics of how i plan on mounting my front forks.

these two attachments should show pics of me trying out different bolts for my steering system

i also checked with some new guy at the dump and apparently they dont recycle new or almost new stuff back to the public anymore...erghhh! apparently they dont even donate to the schools anymore either! now thats a shame considering i was one of those kids who learned how to work on engines and computers thanks to donations.

also checked with some kinda inspector lady at the dmv and inorder for my buggy to be street legal with only one seat it would have to have 3 wheels or just 2 and that aint my style. since it has 4 wheels it would have to have two seats.

my next project will have 2 seats. (my wifes preparing her nerves allready) haha!
[smilie=ext_doc.gif]

2fast4u
05-28-2012, 02:53 AM
just foolin around with different mounting options... and.......nope.....cant get away with only one u joint, im going to need 2 of them on the steering. one at the rack and the other just behind the quick release at the steering wheel location.

back to waiting on parts. [smilie=rockout3.gi:

2fast4u
05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
:confused: to chrome or not to chrome...that is the question.

i want it to look good but dont want to be blinded while driving. :cool:

i plan on going with the 5/8"th 36 spline by 3/4" smooth bore u joint at the rack and maybe a 3/4" smooth by 3/4" smooth bore upper u joint behind the quick release.

any suggestions? i have a 3/4" hollow mild steel steering shaft and the quick release is a splined 3/4" bore full pull that uses 3 ball bearings to grab the groove.

anything? [smilie=whistle.gif]

daaboots
05-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Personally, I'd go with the black.

Chikin
05-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Chrome is flashy and.only draws the eye to it. Black is classy.

ProtoDie
05-29-2012, 08:56 PM
chrome rusts,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and its under the hood where you will not see it? least on ours it is

Rat4020
05-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Crome Dont Get Ya home......:cool:

2fast4u
05-30-2012, 12:04 AM
:eek: wow!
haha!
black it is!

thanks y'all

2fast4u
05-30-2012, 09:56 PM
wondering if i should mount the rack with a tab on each side?
maybe add a 3rd in the middle...maybe....

2fast4u
05-30-2012, 10:08 PM
........or i drill 2 holes in this and round off the edges

then mount them like in the pic and of course add one to the otherside.

[smilie=icon_questi: [smilie=sign_help.g: [smilie=icon_questi:
[smilie=rockout3.gi:
:eek: [smilie=gun_2guns.g:[smilie=ext_crutch.:[smilie=ext_doc.gif]

[smilie=rockout3.gi:

CARLRIDDLE
05-31-2012, 07:59 AM
I'd weld that plate(the one you made/bought) to chassis. Then a brace from top of plate over to frame. Hard to seee in pic.

2fast4u
05-31-2012, 03:19 PM
I'd weld that plate(the one you made/bought) to chassis. Then a brace from top of plate over to frame. Hard to seee in pic.

i think i know what ya mean........maybe.....haha!

let me know if i get it right.....

here it goes...

ok so im thinkng, weld that plate (bought from lowes in 1ft sections for around $30 then used to make tabs)..

..well ill weld it horizontal along its bottom edge to the square part of the frame in the pic.

(the 1 i plan on putting 2 holes through)

did u also mean weld a tab from the round tube (that runs vertical up the front) to the top of that plate? im guessing itll be ment as renforcement...??? maybe???

did i understand ya ?

haha, im trying...

trying to make sure im reading ya correctly. this is really important because i planned on doing it that way.

just not sure about a front impact to the 2 vertical bars...hmmmmm....

ill try and take a 360 degree series of pics and post em up tonight...

2fast4u
05-31-2012, 03:36 PM
http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t462/thisaintrightyo/IMG_20120530_192220.jpg

the best straight on view i can get of project sick nasty's empi billet end load rack and pinion mounting position.

2fast4u
05-31-2012, 04:00 PM
hmmmm....im thinkin.....

insted of all that.

maybe

just weld the big plate

that the rack is allready bolted to

weld it along its bottom edge to the inner edge of the square frame tubing.

just how it sits in the giant photo above.

ok

so after i do that

ill cut sort of a triangle shaped tab

weld it on one side to the the racks mount

then weld it again on its bottom to the frame

this will be done on each side of the large hole of the racks mount plate.

wheww..... wee!!!!

now that im done with that thought process on to the next one.

sings " on to the next on on to the next one " over in over .... haha!
[smilie=gun_chair.g:

CARLRIDDLE
05-31-2012, 07:17 PM
That last thought is what I meant. As long as rack is proper location front to back and up and down. Couple tacks, cycle suspension check for bump steer(toe change).

2fast4u
06-01-2012, 08:00 AM
That last thought is what I meant. As long as rack is proper location front to back and up and down. Couple tacks, cycle suspension check for bump steer(toe change).

i have my quick connect/release steering wheel hub and it quality is perfect! not sure how long it will last.

also have a black u joint to connect my rack to my steering shaft.....its quality is so disgusting its not even usable. wich leads me to this point in where stores online or not should have some sort of a quality rating system for all their parts. im tired of being shipped turds from china. i have 3 dogs. i dont need to see any more turds!

so i was going to do what carlriddle suggested ...
. but....

im stuck with a crap part. ive looked at all the other black u joints from all suppliers and they all end up comming from the same place. ha!

so now that im stuck waiting another month ... its andy rooney time lol

2fast4u
06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
the black u joint fits the rack but not the steering shaft do ti the inner diameter of the u joint being 1mm off.

so i guess ill cut a slit in it and try again.
[smilie=dunno.gif]

2fast4u
06-01-2012, 12:07 PM
i should have got one of these (stainless)

2fast4u
06-01-2012, 01:59 PM
poor quality equals wasted time, money, and me making it a point to show others what to avoid.

this "turd" .... i shall attempt to fix!

as long as people stop assuming im offensive or spam...

wussup. to who ever it is..

hmmmm
:p

please state your real problem out in the open on MY thread!

[smilie=icon_razz2.:

2fast4u
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
apparently my attachment limit is 5 haha! thats alot better then 3! woo hoo!

[smilie=non_banana2:"peanut butter jelly time" [smilie=non_banana2:

so you can see the wheel hub fits the same shaft perfect!

time to get to work.....

2fast4u
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
lol now i get spam in my visitor messege section! some bs about bracelets lol
[smilie=alright.gif]

Mackolicious
06-01-2012, 06:07 PM
^^I've gotten some of those too! I was all excited then realized nobody had a reason to drop me a message...turned out to be spam. so dissapointing. [smilie=banghead.gi:
Really nice build by the way, Likiin those hubs!

2fast4u
06-20-2012, 02:59 PM
thanks mackolicious

ive been out for a while, got some kinda sickness that messed me up big time for two weeks. :(

also i keep losing "security tokens" for some reason... hmm...

i wonder..

ive asked alot of questions on my thread and have yet to get a response on any of them from this sites moderators. thanks alot moderators yall sure r very helpfull:mad:

anyways for all u real people out there ill continue this thread. hopefully with a more positive outlook..

currently im working on the front steering. (waiting on 1 rod end) allmost finished with it. did learn the hard way about watching out for fake rejected and copy cat parts.

found the "quality" button on ebay lol

managed to buy the wrong steering rod ends for the steering shaft/column supports. apparently the 3/4 rod ends and u joints seem to b for 3/4" solid shafts and not for my 3/4" hollow shaft even though my quick release steering wheel hub fits perfect.

to avoid this fitment issue get the .757 rod ends for a 3/4" hollow shaft.

i might have to drill out my crappy u joints some how....hmmm....?????

decided to use 1/2" rod ends and 1" hollow tube to connect my rack to the steering arms on the frnt hubs.

i got LH qa1 ends from summit racing a+ company by the way and qa1 RH rod ends from jegs ill give them a b- for telling me id get them from fed x in 3 days insted 6 days laters its ups lol. all rod ends have the black coating and
were perfect quality.

speakin of quality... i gotta nice pic of that turd u joint sittin beside the real u joint. what a differance 5extra bucks made.

so just one more rod end and some welding and ill b completley done with the front and mid sections of project sick nasty!

woo whoo![smilie=tr_thankyou: to eveyone who helped me with some positive advice and gifted me parts!

also happy fathers day to myself lol

yall know what that means ... more buggy gifts!

im going through 4gigs of new pics and 2 of new vids so give me another day or two and ill have some cool pics posted up here

Rat4020
10-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Any updates ?? :)

Chikin
10-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Any updates ?? :)

No rat! You have to say >>>>> MOAR!!!!!!

Ha spicy chikin

Rat4020
10-01-2012, 04:34 PM
[smilie=blink.gif].....