PDA

View Full Version : st2 long travel

moose79
02-14-2012, 07:30 PM
is there anything easily used to replace the rear drive parts. stub axles and wheel hubs. i cant seem to find those old car parts around here. any other years work?

Glock n Ballz
02-15-2012, 04:55 AM
is there anything easily used to replace the rear drive parts. stub axles and wheel hubs. i cant seem to find those old car parts around here. any other years work?

If I was building another ST2 LT I would put the AR-51 rear A Arm suspension on it.
That has 930 CV's. I'm dead serious, that would be wicked. Not sure how to grapht that rear onto the ST2, but I'd figure it out. Maybe stretch the rear end of the frame where it narrows in the back? You would definitely need the rear drive system installed BEFORE you figure out where to engine will mount. I mean obviously it'll be in front on the rear drive, but not sitting on top of it like in the plans. Once you have you rear suspension and most importantly the rear sprocket, then you can locate your engine while simultaneously lining up your drive sprocket with the rear sprocket. I made the mistake of mounting my engine on center line of buggy before I had any idea about my rear drive. This is the wrong order of precedence.
Learn from my mistake!

Others may chime in agreeing what a bone head move that was.
(and please do)

Here's a link to Rick S's 930 rear end. You can look at his prices on www.rickskraschsite.com.
I would call him and talk about this. Before you buy anything.

sodman
02-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Got to agree with Glock all parts on the AR51 can be purchased through Dan's Performance parts CV's and axles and the intrepid hubs can be picked up new at any automotive parts store . I'm in Nova Scotia Canada and UAP Carquest even Canadian tire sells them. I'm sure you could pick them up used at any junk yard if you wanted to save a few bucks . Glock put a AR51 front on his I'm sure the rear would fit with very few mods. I built a sabertooth 3 or 4 years ago I had to modify the rear and the front but not a bad buggy in the end . Do some research on here it's cheaper to do it right the first time ,it might not seem like it at the time but it is in the long run
Have fun

Glock n Ballz
02-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Hey Moose,
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I urge you to buy AR-51 plans because of the high quality?
Now you are having questions arise in your mind of how to do things better than the plans show.
That was you right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Hate to say this, but I told ya so.

Having said that I will also say this: I like and always will like the look of the ST2. That's what drew me to it initially. That and I was on a very tight budget at the time so it was a good fit.

I do no want to discourage you, I wan to see you succeed! I like seeing other ST2's built because I have one too, but hind sight is 20/20.

Give Ricks rear a good look Moose. (heehee) it's really nice. ( heeheeheehee):D

moose79
02-15-2012, 02:11 PM
Hey Moose,
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't I urge you to buy AR-51 plans because of the high quality?
Now you are having questions arise in your mind of how to do things better than the plans show.
That was you right? Or am I remembering wrong?

Hate to say this, but I told ya so.

Having said that I will also say this: I like and always will like the look of the ST2. That's what drew me to it initially. That and I was on a very tight budget at the time so it was a good fit.

I do no want to discourage you, I wan to see you succeed! I like seeing other ST2's built because I have one too, but hind sight is 20/20.

Give Ricks rear a good look Moose. (heehee) it's really nice. ( heeheeheehee):D

it was not me. and i cant justify the roughly $1000 for those parts. no offence but there like anything else, if i had the parts in front of me i could make them myself. once again, no offence to Rick. his buggy is top notch.

moose79
02-15-2012, 02:12 PM
OH and just to let you know I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY "I TOLD YA SO" gives off a real asshat vibe.

Glock n Ballz
02-15-2012, 02:26 PM
OH and just to let you know I HATE WHEN PEOPLE SAY "I TOLD YA SO" gives off a real asshat vibe.

I hear ya Moose, I don't say that vey often. And for just that reason.
I told ya I could remember who I said that to. So let's just call that a big never mind. My bad. I admit I was wrong.

There. No we can be friends again. (Doc Holiday-Tombstone)

Sorry moose.

moose79
02-15-2012, 02:47 PM
no worries bud. i think i found the parts today anyways!

chrisMX-15
02-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Careful now GLock, whatch what you say you said the naughty------------------------------------------------ if your wife hears you said you were wrong your in trouble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we will all be in trouble. The women will know we can actually say it to each other and do in here, and will demand(although they know we are always wrong)we say it to them. I prefer to just wake up in the morning and say honey------I'M Sorry!!!, she replies what for???? I know i will do something stupid today so i just got it out of the way[smilie=mhihi.gif][smilie=mhihi.gif][smilie=mhihi.gif][smilie=mhihi.gif]