PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan

giorgos_apoel
01-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Hi. I have a basic question on the positioning of the radiator fan. If i place the radiator on top of the engine the fan should be between the engine and the radiator or above the radiator? And were should the air blow, towards the engine or towards the radiator. Thanks

Glamisman
01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
if the radiator is mounted flat above the engine with the fan on top it should PULL air through the core.

giorgos_apoel
01-21-2012, 10:57 AM
So the air should no be blown towards the engine. It should be sucked from the engine towards the radiator. Thanks

Chikin
01-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Well it depends on if your fan is a "Push" or "Pull" fan.... basically hook up the fan to a battery source...
See which way it draws air.

I have a "Push" fan meaning it forces air away from itself.... So mine is mounted in the front... forcing air through the radiator... towards the engine....

If it is a puller fan.... the its mounted on the inside if the radiator sucking air in to the radiator,. then the fan... and then to the engine...

Doesn't matter where the air blows... as long as you get air moving past the radiator...

Automobiles have it where air is naturally drawn in from the grille and this helps cool with out the fan 100%.... (Not all cars are set up like that) but this way your not 100% relying on a fan.

Dont mount a pusher fan on the inside of the engine forcing air forward.. you will defeat the fans ability to be efficient.

drgrenthum
01-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Do you have a picture or drawing of what you are trying to do? If you are using a water cooled engine it is not important for a fan to blow across the motor.

giorgos_apoel
01-22-2012, 04:31 AM
Well it depends on if your fan is a "Push" or "Pull" fan.... basically hook up the fan to a battery source...
See which way it draws air.

I have a "Push" fan meaning it forces air away from itself.... So mine is mounted in the front... forcing air through the radiator... towards the engine....

If it is a puller fan.... the its mounted on the inside if the radiator sucking air in to the radiator,. then the fan... and then to the engine...

Doesn't matter where the air blows... as long as you get air moving past the radiator...

Automobiles have it where air is naturally drawn in from the grille and this helps cool with out the fan 100%.... (Not all cars are set up like that) but this way your not 100% relying on a fan.

Dont mount a pusher fan on the inside of the engine forcing air forward.. you will defeat the fans ability to be efficient.

Thank you. This will help me