PDA

View Full Version : Building rhino with gsxr 600 help

Bigpower
12-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Does any one have picks or how I can convert the drive or aDvice for butting this motor in my rhino ? Or what is the best advice for this project?

Gene
12-15-2011, 04:46 AM
Look up Weller Racing on the web. They sell parts you might be able to use.

Deranged
12-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Use the search tool.....there is one here with an R-1 motor.

trunknuts
12-18-2011, 02:07 AM
Bunch of questions. You plan on keeping it chain driven? Are you gonna use a reverse box (Tom Pro Designs, Jeffco, RPM)? Are you gonna use a rear carrier (live axle with a sprocket)? You can find info at Rhinonut's 4-SR1 Build - SXS411.COM - #1 SXS/UTV Informational Forum (http://forums.rhino411.com/showthread.php?t=6114) , WellerRacing.com, or try Google. There are tons of options. You will need to decide on what axles/cv's to go with (930's, VW Type II, etc). You can keep your rhino rear spindles and modify the stubs, or buy Weller's "Super Hubs," or get the GearOne (gear-one.com) hubs with outboard brakes.

I have an R1 Rhino with the Weller kit. I'm considering pulling all that stuff out and going with a Jeffco reverse box and outboard brakes. The Weller kit is great, and damn near bullet proof, but I want reverse. Feel free to shoot out any questions.