PDA

View Full Version : Question!

Teoz
10-13-2011, 10:04 AM
Okay ive bought a 2007 GSXR Suzuki Katana 600 Engine for my badland i wanna install oil pressure gauges/Tach/fuel etc i have no clue where they hook up! also for the shifting i have no clue how to setup my shifter so i can go through gears! im new to this im only 16 years old someone please help

ah09
10-13-2011, 12:17 PM
The tach is more than likely electronic and hooks through the wiring harness. Do you have a wiring harness? You should use the stock tach and harness. And the bike has an oil pressure light stock, i'd recommend using that instead of a guage because it will also be existing on the stock cluster with the tach. And if you have "no clue" how to make set up your shifter, you are in for one tough project. Thats practically the easiest part of a buggy build. And your age means nothing...

Teoz
10-13-2011, 12:34 PM
The tach is more than likely electronic and hooks through the wiring harness. Do you have a wiring harness? You should use the stock tach and harness. And the bike has an oil pressure light stock, i'd recommend using that instead of a guage because it will also be existing on the stock cluster with the tach. And if you have "no clue" how to make set up your shifter, you are in for one tough project. Thats practically the easiest part of a buggy build. And your age means nothing...

i dont have the stock gauge cluster so i bought gauges...

ah09
10-13-2011, 12:43 PM
i dont have the stock gauge cluster so i bought gauges...
Then you will need a wiring diagram and they only have a possibility of working with your motor.

You should buy the stock guage cluster. It will have a tach and temp guage and a oil pressure light. Then you can have a speedometer because that bike had the speedometer sensor on the engine! And best of all it plugs right into the harness. Lots less bullshit.

Teoz
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Then you will need a wiring diagram and they only have a possibility of working with your motor.

You should buy the stock guage cluster. It will have a tach and temp guage and a oil pressure light. Then you can have a speedometer because that bike had the speedometer sensor on the engine! And best of all it plugs right into the harness. Lots less bullshit.

im wondering if a cluster from a 2002 GSXR will work on my 2007?

Glock n Ballz
10-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Teoz,

Stop spending money and spend time reading this forum...learn learn learn...ask us questions, keep asking, keep asking...but before you ask, use the search feature. keep your search to 1 or 2 word searches. Otherwise you will have a hard time finding the info youre looking for. Give it an honest effort to find it on your own..I can almost guaranty the answers to most of your question have been asked and answered here. Projects in progress is a great place to start..

Go way back and look at old posts.

Age has nothing to do with it...we will help you. Stop wasting your cash.

ah09
10-13-2011, 04:12 PM
im wondering if a cluster from a 2002 GSXR will work on my 2007?

Google it... Call your local dealer etc.