PDA

View Full Version : Trophy Karts

SCEADU
09-19-2011, 10:28 AM
Went to the SORCS GP race yesterday and the new dealer in Ga had his Trophy Kart there. I was impressed with the size of it and took tons of "Spy" photos. These things are extremely simple. Here is a video of the testing they are doing on one of the local GP tracks. I think I am hooked on these.

wyatt racing trophy kart test - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-gFv-LdHqY)

nutnbolt2002
09-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Very impressive, what does that truck have for a engine?

SCEADU
09-19-2011, 12:26 PM
This one has an older Yamaha YFZ Engine that is carbed. He said that they are switching to the Kawasaki KFX 450. I currently have a KFX 450R that I race. Sweet machine with EFI and Reverse.

RacingDreamz
09-19-2011, 08:19 PM
From past conversations with TK, they are purchasing their engines(in their new RS models) in China. Although it was claimed that they are Suzuki engines, at least in the RS 200, the engines came from China. Take it for what it's worth.
Personally, I'd love to have a TK as my personal toy, so please dont think I'm bashing them. Just giving some inside info on the engines.

SCEADU
09-19-2011, 08:44 PM
According to the owner of this one, They are in talks with Kawasaki to use the KFX 450 engine so they can have the EFI and reverse.

TutTech
09-20-2011, 10:43 AM
I watched the 450 trophy karts race at Glen helen and wow.. they are awesome.. power to weight really makes them fast.. and they do jump good..

Nice video and looks like a blast..

Make sure you post pics of yours when you buy one
;):D

SCEADU
09-20-2011, 12:23 PM
I have champaign taste with a Kool-aid pocket book right now. 3 years before this economy bit me in the back side I would have already had one in the stable.[smilie=ecstatic.gi: I am in talks with another entity to possibly build one or something of the sorts.. Time will tell. I think these would be unstopable with a Banshee engine. I am looking to see if they make an electric start for the Shee. I love the sound of a piped Shee. The guy that owns this one has offered me a test ride at their next testing session. I am stoked to get in the cockpit of this monster.

Stoneman
09-21-2011, 07:17 PM
where is the track?
does the car have a cvt trans?

SCEADU
09-21-2011, 07:37 PM
The track that they were testing on is Highland PArk in Ga. The rear is a "mock' looking differential with a sprocket in the middle and chain driven. It has a sway bar setup to keep the rear axle from pivoting. Extremely simple build. 1" tubing with almost no bends. The only thing that I felt was trick is the billit a-arms and trailing arms. I was suprised when he told me that the whole body is $600.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll272/_SCEADU_/Trophy%20Kart/P9170353.jpg

This machine was powered by an older YFZ 450 engine so it was carbed.

slikrider
11-27-2011, 08:17 PM
SCEADU, try the yamaha rd or rz 350 400 of the late 80's was looking at a tiny crotch rocket to build with a fire brething banshee motor and was told that the cases are the same

SCEADU
11-27-2011, 11:08 PM
The banshee engine is a thought I hae had. Tehre are a good bit of them on EBAY.

psychoholic
11-28-2011, 07:52 AM
I watched the 450 trophy karts race at Glen helen and wow.. they are awesome.. power to weight really makes them fast.. and they do jump good..

Nice video and looks like a blast..

Make sure you post pics of yours when you buy one
;):D

Just FYI,

They did not show the whole race because neither Truck finished the race. they both broke. I hope they work out the bugs because they do look cool and are really fast. Just hate to see people spend that money and keep breaking. Here is the Results page from that race. the TK's are the X and XX. Just to be fair I broke a wheel on he last lap and DNF'd also.
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showrun.jsp?id=2098922

myrddin
01-10-2012, 09:30 AM
nice buggy

rgvkid
01-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Those TKs are not as easy as they look to build. The driveline setup has alot of engineering to get it to where it is now. The first replica would be alot of trial and error but the second would be much easier.

I think the driveline allows for some articulation on the axle, just enough so the chain doesn't come off.

SCEADU
03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
I believe this one has a CBR 900 engine in it...

GOPR0234.MP4 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ7Lka9n8Cg&list=HL1332306493&feature=mh_lolz)

Wheels
03-21-2012, 03:40 PM
looks like he is flying thru the single track section. looks like fun.

SCEADU
03-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Can't wait to see it in action this weekend at D-Town.

Bullnerd
03-21-2012, 05:22 PM
Damn!that place looks sweet to ride!
Nice drop off!
He needs to oil his shocks!
Any external views of this warlok?

racedezert
03-21-2012, 05:25 PM
From past conversations with TK, they are purchasing their engines(in their new RS models) in China. Although it was claimed that they are Suzuki engines, at least in the RS 200, the engines came from China. Take it for what it's worth.
Personally, I'd love to have a TK as my personal toy, so please dont think I'm bashing them. Just giving some inside info on the engines.

Racing Dreams,
The RS450 engine is not a chinese engine, it is a stock 52hp ATV based 450cc engine that was developed for us in Korea by the same manufacturer that produced all of Suzuki's engines up until about 2 or 3 years ago.

The RS200 engine is chinese and one of the reasons it doesn't cost anywhere near the same.

The breakage issues that the few guys on the east coast have been having were mainly due to improper shock valving and ride height being below the recommended setting. You can only bash the frame by bottoming out so many times, before things start to give. The RS450 is a race car, proper testing and tuning the vehicle to the driver is a must just like any other race car. Any time a vehicle is pushed to it's limit, durability and proper performance comes from three things.....

A. Good Race Prep
B. Proper Vehicle Tuning
C. Driver Talent

Here are some examples of what these guys are putting these TK's through

TrophyKart RS 450 Barstow Road Jump - YouTube (http://youtu.be/l4SYqgdEMPc)
NEATV Round 9 Englishtown Mx Trophy Trucks 2011 - YouTube (http://youtu.be/lg-TresWI-k)
Trophy Kart Flip Englishtown NJ - YouTube (http://youtu.be/OH1MIc3DW0E?t=28s)

SCEADU
03-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Damn!that place looks sweet to ride!
Nice drop off!
He needs to oil his shocks!
Any external views of this warlok?

SouthEastSxS.com (http://www.southeastsxs.com/attachments/pics-vids-humor/1143d1330575388-sneak-peek-picture-imag0003.jpg)

Bullnerd
03-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Oh..thats the white one I posted the pic of,very cool.

I think he said its a 1000 ,but not sure.

Yup,found it

"CBR 1000 cc . It's got more Power than i can hold on to.Fun as He----------ll though. "

Thanks for posting.

Bullnerd
03-21-2012, 08:08 PM
I read a little more of Killowatts thread on that site,he says he didnt build it,he bought it from some guy out west.I've had this pic on computer for a long time because I always thought the TK in the back looked cool.I think its the same one.

Wheels
03-21-2012, 08:17 PM
i saw that one for sale recently(within the past couple of months)... and it was cheap too, if i remember correctly. i want to say it was 10k or something. it's a cool ride... that's for sure.

this might be a goofy question, but... Racedesert, are you affiliated with TrophyKart?

racedezert
03-27-2012, 01:01 PM

i saw that one for sale recently(within the past couple of months)... and it was cheap too, if i remember correctly. i want to say it was 10k or something. it's a cool ride... that's for sure.

this might be a goofy question, but... Racedesert, are you affiliated with TrophyKart?

I work there.

Wheels
03-28-2012, 12:43 PM
oh, ok. cool.

yoshi
03-29-2012, 02:22 AM
I work there.

I know there is a race class setup specifically for these vehicles. I had a few questions.

Is the class for your particular brand only, or are there trophy type karts from other manufacturers or home built by individuals competing with you as well?

If not, is it because they are not allowed, or no one else is doing it yet?

Also, if others brands are able to compete, where would one find the rules to do so as far as cage requirements and other specs?

I just got back from a show in Australia I was in (4x4 offroad show in Brisbane). My SXR was in the show and my SXS was racing around the arena on a short course with the first trophy kart you guys sent over there, (which just came in recently to your new distributor), along with a rhino.

The show was 3 days and your kart, my SXS and the rhino put on a show 5 times a day, everyday with the day before as practice.

I took a ton of pics, but majority of mine so I only have a few pics of your kart, but he put on a good show for the crowd and it looked like a lot of fun.......

RacingDreamz
03-29-2012, 10:30 AM
I never could understand the reasoning behind the decision to ban Extreme Baja Karts in the California Trophy Kart Races. I understand they were legal to run against the TK's in Arizona, but now I'm not sure. Or was all that just Lucas Oil rules? Any updates on that?

racedezert
03-29-2012, 12:28 PM
I know there is a race class setup specifically for these vehicles. I had a few questions.

Is the class for your particular brand only, or are there trophy type karts from other manufacturers or home built by individuals competing with you as well?

If not, is it because they are not allowed, or no one else is doing it yet?

Also, if others brands are able to compete, where would one find the rules to do so as far as cage requirements and other specs?

I just got back from a show in Australia I was in (4x4 offroad show in Brisbane). My SXR was in the show and my SXS was racing around the arena on a short course with the first trophy kart you guys sent over there, (which just came in recently to your new distributor), along with a rhino.

The show was 3 days and your kart, my SXS and the rhino put on a show 5 times a day, everyday with the day before as practice.

I took a ton of pics, but majority of mine so I only have a few pics of your kart, but he put on a good show for the crowd and it looked like a lot of fun.......

Yoshi,

For the vehicle that you saw in Australia which is our new RS450, if you are asking if there is a race class setup for them here, the answer is yes.
They are racing on the east coast in the NEATV series and you can get in touch them regarding class rules and specifications.

There is an adult class for the RS450 in the Lucas Oil Offroad Regional series, and that is a spec class for the RS450 setup by us with contingency prizes and payouts for class winners etc...

However, in the Lucas Oil Off Road Pro & Regional Series there are three kids kart classes that have been opened up to other manufacturer's for years now. JR1, JR2, and Modified classes. The 2012 kart class rule book can be obtained here:

http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com/images/documents/2012/2012kartrulebook.pdf

I never could understand the reasoning behind the decision to ban Extreme Baja Karts in the California Trophy Kart Races. I understand they were legal to run against the TK's in Arizona, but now I'm not sure. Or was all that just Lucas Oil rules? Any updates on that?

RacingDreamz,

To answer your question concerning the EBK karts. Their exclusion from the series was a decision made by the Lucas Oil officials. The Kart classes are based off of a solid live axle rear suspension design. Lucas Oil officials decided that since the EBK karts were an IRS design that they did not fall within the current scope of the rules. Just like you wouldn't put a Pro Lite chassis with a solid rear axle, in the same class against a Super Buggy chassis with IRS.

RacingDreamz
03-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks. :)

psychoholic
06-10-2012, 01:00 PM
I just wanted to post an Update for the Adult size Trophy Karts. There were 5 out at the Lucas Oil Regional race at Lake Elsinore and they all ran good. They appear to have made the cars stronger. Good to see more of them out and finishing.

racedezert
06-11-2012, 01:15 PM
I just wanted to post an Update for the Adult size Trophy Karts. There were 5 out at the Lucas Oil Regional race at Lake Elsinore and they all ran good. They appear to have made the cars stronger. Good to see more of them out and finishing.

You were out on the track when it happened, but Scott Creed violently rolled his new Adult TK about 4 times when he crossed up on the last whoop in the rhythm section. No injuries, Scott was actually giggling like a little kid when he came by the pit later, he was ecstatic that he finally got to be on the track at the same time as his son Sheldon Creed. (Who won 1st in 3 classes yesterday: Mod Kart, UTV Rhino R1, and V8 open)

Damage to the car:
1 bent lower a-arm
1 bent upper trailing arm
3 bent wheels
2 Bent bedside mounts.
No chassis damage.
Busted up the body pretty good though.

You should come by the pit and say hi one of these days.

Bullnerd
06-11-2012, 02:59 PM
"Mod Kart, UTV Rhino R1, and V8 open"-what does that cost for a season?

psychoholic
06-11-2012, 06:13 PM
You were out on the track when it happened, but Scott Creed violently rolled his new Adult TK about 4 times when he crossed up on the last whoop in the rhythm section. No injuries, Scott was actually giggling like a little kid when he came by the pit later, he was ecstatic that he finally got to be on the track at the same time as his son Sheldon Creed. (Who won 1st in 3 classes yesterday: Mod Kart, UTV Rhino R1, and V8 open)

Damage to the car:
1 bent lower a-arm
1 bent upper trailing arm
3 bent wheels
2 Bent bedside mounts.
No chassis damage.
Busted up the body pretty good though.

You should come by the pit and say hi one of these days.

I will next race. Wasnt sure if you would be at the track. Do you go to the big series races? I work those and could get you a ride in the pace truck if you had time. Flying to utah in a few weekd.

Bye the way those trucks look like a blast. Lee mentioned last year there was talk of renting those. Is that going to happen? Im kind of bored with my car on the big tracks. Mine is more for tight tracks like the old stadium tracks.

racedezert
06-18-2012, 02:28 PM
"Mod Kart, UTV Rhino R1, and V8 open"-what does that cost for a season?
He raced the Rhino as a stand in driver for Brian Osborne.
He normally races Mod Kart as our sponsored driver, Superlite, and Prolite, and I'm guessing their season costs are EXPENSIVE!

I will next race. Wasnt sure if you would be at the track. Do you go to the big series races? I work those and could get you a ride in the pace truck if you had time. Flying to utah in a few weekd.

Bye the way those trucks look like a blast. Lee mentioned last year there was talk of renting those. Is that going to happen? Im kind of bored with my car on the big tracks. Mine is more for tight tracks like the old stadium tracks.

We would love to get our arrive and drive program going, however we just don't have the budget to support it this season.
That's awesome that you get to work the big races. We are there at all of them. We'll be pitted with our big trailer on vendor row like always. Stop by!

racedezert
06-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Current LOORS undefeated PRO4 champion driver Kyle Leduc races and talks about the RS450 TrophyKart at the Lucas Oil Regional Adult TK race - Lake Elsinore June 9th

Catch It!!!

TrophyKart RS450 Lucas Oil Regional Series adult Race - Lk Elsinore June 9th W/ Kyle LeDuc - YouTube (http://youtu.be/EoU86JO0PsQ)

psychoholic
06-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Nice video.

oddozzie
10-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi Guys, Can someone tell me what size wheel rims these Trophy Karts run, pcd, width, offset and center hole size?

Thanks
Dave

BorntoBraaap
10-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Your jdmpooldesign.com is trying to connect to my system man. WTH?