PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the Wildcat?

wildcatkit52
08-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Arctic Cat Wildcat UTV | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Arctic-Cat-Wildcat-UTV/138796919525108)

MC@ Performance Fab
08-06-2011, 10:26 AM
I am not a utv guy in any way shape or form but they are getting better. The large tube the rear shock mounts to is certainly interesting.

Joe Llamahead
08-06-2011, 11:37 AM
It's mega cool ! I like everything I see Except the cage, it looks cool...... but It doesn't look like its would hold up in a hard rollover. That and....why build something this capable and only put 3 point restraints.? It seams like a 5 point harness would be the only way to go the chinese usually put in 4 point stuff but too cheasy to trust.
I got 4 more years till I will be in a position to buy something like the wildcat (my 1st choice BTW) till then My Rhino is paid off and will hafta do.

Stomper
08-06-2011, 07:24 PM
It looks sweet, BUT, I will keep my RZR. I have had it for two years now and drive the crap out of it with zero issues.:D. I love it!!![smilie=jumping.gif][smilie=ecstatic.gi:
It looks like it would be good for the dunes but I would like to see it in the mud holes that I put my RZR through.

megadesertdisel
08-07-2011, 08:29 AM
I like because it sporty looking. Allmthe other utv's are too utility. The wild cat should spur the market and get the other manufacturers thinking about a sport model.

Time will tell if the AC quality will be ok. I have a 07 rhino and have zero issues with it and my 08 RZR was a big piece of polaris crap. So quality will show its colors if AC comes out ok i will be looking into it after the first year bugs.

minibajaman
08-07-2011, 08:44 AM
5 link rear suspension, interesting choice for this type of vehicle. And double bushings to replace rod ends, also interesting.

I'm not really a UTV guy either but new models like this are more of a cross between UTV and buggy. I like it, and would like to test drive it if I ever had the chance.

Stomper
08-08-2011, 10:09 AM
As far as quality of AC. I seems prety good. My brother has had AC products for the past 7 years and they seem to stand up. He is NOT mechanicaly inclined and drives the crap out his stuff with very little maintenance and they seem to be doing good. Probably doesn't drive it as hard as the owners of the wildcat will though.

adamphillip
08-08-2011, 10:49 AM
i thought you ment the bowler wildcat

wildcatkit52
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Wildcat Sneak Peek - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECwRw3YsxGo)

(http://youtu.be/HmgvvFUfOsg)

wildcatkit52
08-30-2011, 04:52 PM
2012 ARCTIC CAT WILDCAT EXCLUSIVE VIDEO - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmgvvFUfOsg&feature=youtu.be)

Bullnerd
08-30-2011, 07:42 PM
Looks cool.Why dont they show video of it getting rolled so we can see what the rollcage does?Looks narrow for how long it is.

Rat4020
08-31-2011, 06:36 AM
I guess ill get a test ride in Oct . A good friend of mine is chompin at the bit to get one . he is wearin out the phone line to the dealer.. LOL[smilie=rofl.gif]Maybe it will mop my Taz....NOT

K-fab
03-10-2012, 07:28 AM
So what was the opinion of the Wild Cat? Did you ever get your ride in it?

I heard that they were very hyped up - great suspension, handling and such but way low on HP and overall quality wasn't top notch. - mind you, this is what I've heard. I've never even seen one other than here on my computer screen.

Rat4020
03-10-2012, 08:32 AM
So what was the opinion of the Wild Cat? Did you ever get your ride in it?

I heard that they were very hyped up - great suspension, handling and such but way low on HP and overall quality wasn't top notch. - mind you, this is what I've heard. I've never even seen one other than here on my computer screen.
You hit it right on the head K-fab I kinda got the feelin its gona be artic cats version of the Edsel . My bud passed on it. Turns out its about the same HP as the 1000 Prowler and he already has one of them with long travel and a bunch of other shit on it that dont do squat..Its one step above a golfcart. And thats just my opinion. and opinions are like arsholes everybodys got one

odypilots
03-11-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't know if single seaters will be brought along, but it looks like these things (sport UTVs) are going to morph into damn fine 2 seat minibuggies.

wildcatkit52
03-12-2012, 08:08 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/wildcatkit52/1331516816.jpg

wildcatkit52
03-12-2012, 09:11 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/wildcatkit52/1331516110.jpg

Rat4020
03-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Check this outhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrWMYW3cIGE&feature=player_detailpage

Odyknuck
03-12-2012, 10:01 AM
I spent sevral hours at my Dealers going over one of them and was Impressed as far as a Side X Side goes. It has definatly raised the bar in the SxS market. Had I not already had a Commander I would buy one of these. For the record, no matter who'es you buy there will be issues specific to that model.

wildcatkit52
03-12-2012, 12:04 PM
I know they have had issues with door and side plastic rubbing. Arctic Cat will fix that if the owner takes it to the dealer.

Those pics above are from Little Sahara OK a couple of weeks ago. They are my uncle in his shop's demo. It has no issues.

As far as power is concerned, the suspension can handle MUCH more than it has... Most people in a SXS register power by seat of the pants... You tell me what happens when you add better handling does to the excitement factor when you are used to worrying about tips and flips? Besides, that engine is still not even close to its potential! They planned on dual throttle bodies and it was changed by other department who worried about TOO MUCH power... Lawyers! :mad:

Bullnerd
03-12-2012, 02:27 PM
I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it,but the wheelbase looks really long for tight woods,would high center to easy.

bodywerks
04-25-2012, 07:10 PM
I sold my tompro to buy one of these. So far I am glad I did. But dune season is over here. I'll probly feel a bit different then. Still for the riding I do out here around the Tucson desert it is badass. Suspension is gtg right out of the box. Powerplant needs much improvement, but has potential. Can't wait for the warranty to wear out. Then I'll get intake, cams, exhaust, and fuel controller and tube the clutching and be dune ready!

ranamuck
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
I was thinking about one of these but read about too many issues with the drivetrain. Everything from the motor not having enough power to the clutches not working well. The suspension is real nice though. I think this will be a player after they get the kinks worked out.

nutz4sand
05-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Yah we saw a few Wildcats in the Silver Lake sand dunes this last weekend and the power or lack of it was the biggest complaint.

Rat4020
05-08-2012, 06:00 AM
Turbo ?Super Charger? NOS ? Apex? [smilie=rockout3.gi: It seems their handling fairly well for a Out of the box SXS ..So if ya got the cash to buy one at least spend another 5G's and turbo it. I would think another 30 Hp would make a world of difference

nutz4sand
05-08-2012, 08:34 AM
One of the guys driving one is big into SXS and was talking that Artic cat is gonna put a 1000 or an 1100 into them with turbo from the factory.

But he may have been wrong.

Rat4020
05-08-2012, 08:56 AM
Ya my bud has a 01 prowler which has the same power plant . He has been in contact with Speedworks and they are suppose to be comming out with a turbo kit for the wild cat . I guess Bonedocker has one +30hp $4800.00

wildcatkit52
05-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Average joe SXS buyer can't tell the difference in power really. Their meter is based on what they feel. They feel an orange when they are familiar with apples.

I think it has plenty of power... As a SXS.
I think it is low on power as a buggy.
If cat can bridge the gap from their world to this, they could bring the rest of the bigger names with them.

As for clutch stuff, I saw a few test rigs the other day. They were testing different clutch set ups. The side cover was all cut up and welded to all a LOT of room inside and a temp guage probe was wired into the side of it. I'd say they are working on future advancement!

Apples and Oranges?

If a guy is used to "The Ragged Edge" on a side by side it is due to the feel of how it handles. If 75 hp is above the abity of the vehicle in question, it FEELS that way.

If you put that guy into a similar vehicle that can handle much more, but has the same power, does he feel like he is pushing limits? Nope....

nutz4sand
05-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Average joe SXS buyer can't tell the difference in power really. Their meter is based on what they feel. They feel an orange when they are familiar with apples.

I would disagree with that or say the ones you know aint getting it right.

Every single guy at Silver Lake who has went turbo will not shut up about being able to walk away from his buddies without them. The buddies usually follow suit just to keep up.

You can see it easy too as they walk away with turbos climbing the bigger hills or at one of the "dragstrips".

The guy I was talking to is no an average joe either. He buys and rents all sorts of sxs to people who come to the dunes and rent a sand ride.

Hes got pretty good time under him on them.

Stomper
05-10-2012, 05:53 AM
I had a look at one the other day at a dealership and I was impressed with the overall look of the unit. It has a fair bit more room for us bigger guys than the RZR, at least the standard rzr. The xp has a bit more room. It will take a few years for them to work all the kinks out of it but I do agree that it will be a contender. It is compaired mostly to the rzr but keep in mind that the rzr has been around for a few years so polaris has had some time to work some of the kinks out of it. It was the only sport sxs up until the wildcat so it will take some time to convert some of the hardcore rzr fans. Not to mention the boat load of aftermarket stuff availible for the rzr. It's mind boggling. I haven't driven one yet but like wildcatkit52 has mentioned, as a sxs I am sure it is very compareable to the other preformance sxs's. If being compaired to a mini buggy with a busa engine I dont think it would compare but as far as sxs, it ranks right up there with the rzr, just hasn't been proven yet. The rhino isn't even in the running. I am suprized that yamaha hasn't did something in the sport sxs market. The rhino is actualy quite pathetic in my opinion. I have just reciently spent some time behind the wheel of an rzr xp and it definatly has more power and a better ride than my 08, but I was disapointed because with all the hype about it I thought it was going to have more power. I may be a bit spoiled though just coming from winter and driving my yamaha 4 stroke sleds. Don't know why they can't make a sxs with the power of a sled, even my old indy 400 has more pull than my 800 rzr. I do think that the wildcat will be a sxs in the running with the rzr, it will just take some time to win over the consumers. My brother has had different arctic cat prowlers and quads for some time now and absolutly loves them and has had no major issues with them. If ever I was going to buy a new sxs I would definatly be looking at the wildcat but at $18,000 to $20,000 that won't happen unless I win the lottery.

wildcatkit52
05-10-2012, 09:56 AM
I would disagree with that or say the ones you know aint getting it right.

Every single guy at Silver Lake who has went turbo will not shut up about being able to walk away from his buddies without them. The buddies usually follow suit just to keep up.

You can see it easy too as they walk away with turbos climbing the bigger hills or at one of the "dragstrips".

The guy I was talking to is no an average joe either. He buys and rents all sorts of sxs to people who come to the dunes and rent a sand ride.

Hes got pretty good time under him on them.

You missed the comparison.... I was referring to the talk of the stock power as compared to other SXS stock. The power to weight might be slightly less for a cat but it will still win a race across terrain due to suspension.

Adding a turbo makes a wildcat compareable to buggies. I wouldn't compare a turboed rzr to any sand buggy!

Rat4020
05-10-2012, 10:33 AM
You missed the comparison.... I was referring to the talk of the stock power as compared to other SXS stock. The power to weight might be slightly less for a cat but it will still win a race across terrain due to suspension.

Adding a turbo makes a wildcat compareable to buggies. I wouldn't compare a turboed rzr to any sand buggy!
How does a turbo compare a wild cat to a buggy ? Price? certainly not power. Stock bussa 180 hp stock R1 165hp Put a Turbo to ether Just to compare apples to apples and yer Min of 250hp at 12000 rpms .And a min of 18 in travel and 20 up front. just sayin:)

Stomper
05-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I don't know why one of the major sxs companies hasn't come out with a sxs with a crotch rocket engine in it. The first one that does would sell a pile of them. It's not like its hard to do, guys are dropping apex engines in rzr's all the time. There are even places that sell the conversion kits. All you need is the kit and an apex engine with all the trimmings. Throw a turbo on it and hold on.

wildcatkit52
05-10-2012, 12:45 PM
... I said compare, not beat! Everyone doesn't put a liter engine on a buggy you know!

That said, I can't compete with a wildcat in my buggy and I have a 954... I just don't have the suspension it does. I have done some measuring on the front and might use the cat arms to build a new front suspension. Doing so would push my front tires forward about 5 inches or so.

A turbo DOES let the wildcat compete with buggies. I wouldn't bet on it against the busa buggies unless they are larger with a similar power to weight ratio. The reverse is nice, having the option of 4x4 to get out of sticky situations is nice too. I too would love it if someone (Suzuki?) would build something similar with a liter (busa?) engine!

vidio1
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
I don't know why one of the major sxs companies hasn't come out with a sxs with a crotch rocket engine in it. The first one that does would sell a pile of them. It's not like its hard to do, guys are dropping apex engines in rzr's all the time. There are even places that sell the conversion kits. All you need is the kit and an apex engine with all the trimmings. Throw a turbo on it and hold on.

I'm guessing their Attorneys. All it would take is one idiot to wrap it around a tree and the lawsuits will follow. Remember a few years ago the rollover lawsuits against the Rhino.......

I've been looking at the 4 seaters lately. I'll have to admit they could use more power if they are going to haul 4 fat asses through rough terrain, but they have good torque numbers.

I guess that beats a bike engine revving to high heaven to do the same thing.

Stomper
05-10-2012, 02:46 PM
"I too would love it if someone (Suzuki?) would build something similar with a liter (busa?) engine!"

I'm sure it will come sometime in the near future. I just wonder which one will do it. Yamaha need to do something now that cat has the wildcat. I don't beleive that suzuki even has a sxs, do they? I am actualy suprised that they don't with the popularity of sxs's. Hondas big red is fricken hideous, but then they have never been a contender in the powerhouse quad
market.

Stomper
05-10-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm guessing their Attorneys. All it would take is one idiot to wrap it around a tree and the lawsuits will follow. Remember a few years ago the rollover lawsuits against the Rhino.......

I've been looking at the 4 seaters lately. I'll have to admit they could use more power if they are going to haul 4 fat asses through rough terrain, but they have good torque numbers.

I guess that beats a bike engine revving to high heaven to do the same thing.

Thats the part I don't understand, they can do it with sleds and bikes. Whats the difference with quads and sxs's.

bodywerks
05-31-2012, 12:25 PM
The chain, and no reverse are two reasons i wouldn't want a 'motorcycle engine' in my sxs. The chain is a weak link, no punn intended. The chain, the reverse box, no 4wd are a few of the major reasons I sold my tompro to get this wildcat. So far no regrets whatsoever. Of course, I haven't been in the sand with my wildcat yet...

Odyknuck
05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Here is one that a buddy of mine bought. He had it down at Wellsville over Memorial day weekend. He rolled it twice and bent the cage. The cage would be the first thing that needs attension. Other than that he was very pleased with it.

side by side climbin power tower - YouTube (http://youtu.be/AkcFjcWI86Y)

Rat4020
05-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Cool vid there Ody I like the little jump at the top:D

crazywatson
05-31-2012, 04:04 PM
The WC seems to do ok on the hard pack but they are dogs in the sand. The clutch setup they use needs a major overhaul, but they continue to use it despite the problems it has.

nutz4sand
05-31-2012, 07:43 PM
The wildcats we have seen at Silver Lake are quite underpowered.

Suspension seems OK.

Odyknuck
06-01-2012, 06:08 AM
The WC seems to do ok on the hard pack but they are dogs in the sand. The clutch setup they use needs a major overhaul, but they continue to use it despite the problems it has.

I believe there is a clutch fix for the Wildcat made by Airdam Clutchs.

crazywatson
06-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I believe there is a clutch fix for the Wildcat made by Airdam Clutchs.

I seen those and read about them, they sound like a big improvement but require a bit of work to install. I just dont get why they used this system in the WC they have had the same problems for years now.

ax600
09-24-2012, 07:55 PM
We are waiting untill they work out the bugs. Then more than likely we will have one in the family.

slikrider
06-05-2013, 07:54 PM
This thing is great got mine 5 months ago. It is under powered but the new x model has more power than the xp 900. The main thing is the size it's a lot bigger than a xp so it handles more like a buggy. and tons of suspension. I have the 2012 model and yes it has some bugs. They rushed the first yr a bit from what I've heard. But the new ones have a new clutch fox podium shocks etc. all I no is I passed multiple dirt bike through the whoops at 62 mph. But they were only 2 ft high. :)

nutz4sand
06-05-2013, 09:38 PM
This thing is great got mine 5 months ago. It is under powered but the new x model has more power than the xp 900. The main thing is the size it's a lot bigger than a xp so it handles more like a buggy. and tons of suspension. I have the 2012 model and yes it has some bugs. They rushed the first yr a bit from what I've heard. But the new ones have a new clutch fox podium shocks etc. all I no is I passed multiple dirt bike through the whoops at 62 mph. But they were only 2 ft high. :)

I will believe that when I see it as they constantly lie about the power of thier machines.

Oh and Polaris is supposed to have a new bad boy out to that makes its regular 900 look like a puss-mobile. So the cats will be behind again it seems

slikrider
06-06-2013, 05:12 AM
Well I seen a x model in action and it was way fast than mine. Plus I read a secondary review and they gave the same info upgrade cams high compression pistons ect. Plus the new clutch design. Look I don't want to get into it over ac vs polaris. To be Honest they not really in the same class the ac is wider longer and more than 25% more wheel travel. The only place my buddies xp can win is on flat wide open. Through some whoops or jumps and he has to back off. Oh and he can drive.

Rat4020
06-06-2013, 05:49 AM
I will believe that when I see it as they constantly lie about the power of thier machines.

Oh and Polaris is supposed to have a new bad boy out to that makes its regular 900 look like a puss-mobile. So the cats will be behind again it seems

Nutz a bud of mine picked one of those RZR jaged edge's two moonths ago . And it is a bad boy.. Very nice. Talk about heavy duty shocks and susp and real seats . Their supost to be like 96hp or so . We will see how it does in St Anthony at the end of the month[smilie=dunno.gif]

K-fab
06-06-2013, 07:25 AM
I can't recall if I posted this here on MBN or not, but it's my take on both machines (XP and WC) - both have been modified a bit. Engine work on the WC, suspension on my XP

--------------

Wildcat vs XP.

I got to play with a Wildcat in the Glamis end of the dunes.

Driving impressions:
These are two totally different rides!
The way they drive is night and day. Neither bad, just different.
Everyone says that the WC needs HP and the XP needs suspension - I got lucky and got that combo!

Wildcat:
Suspension: Stock
Tires/Wheels: Stock
Engine: Has the Muzzy kit in it. Bumpy cam, higher compression piston, obnoxiously loud dual exhaust system and I believe programming. The number thrown out for crank HP was 101. I'm not making this claim, nor denying, just passing on what the owner said. I believe he said it put down 74 to the ground on a dyno. Once again, I'm passing on numbers told to me - don't shoot the messenger if these numbers are wrong.

The WC has a long feeling and it's a little sluggish to respond to input (steering wheel, throttle, brake). It slides really easily, but it seems to have a narrow edge between slide and oversteer. It comes right up to that drift point and then seems to dance on the edge of what felt comfortable - kept me on my toes like it was going to go ahead and snap on around (which never did happen) at any time.

The WC definitely has body roll. My first ride out, sitting in the co-dog seat, it felt like we were gonna tip over and then I'd feel the suspension settle in and stiffen up for the slide. Took a little bit to get used to. I have to throw out that I'm so used to being in the driver's seat that the sensation from the other side of the car is completely different. Odd as that may sound, I really did have to get used to the sensations from being on the right side of the car when riding.

I drove it in both 4-wheel drive and 2-wheel drive and it obviously pulled the dune faces and slid better in 4x4 mode, but it was capable in both modes. The guy that owns it says he drives in 4x4 most of the time.

HP wise, it has more than my stock XP, but not that much. It had a really electric feel - no real hit or or even surge of power - just a change in exhaust note and volume. Nothing spectacular, nothing wrong. It works and works pretty well.

The WC is a whoop eating beast. I was really impressed with it's ability through the rough stuff. The chassis stays pretty flat and it doesn't have any tendency to kick the back end up, even when you get a bit out of rhythm. For a stock suspension, I was pretty blown away. This thing works really well.

The one place I found it a bit cumbersome was down in the trails between the road into Gecko and the canal. I have a blast ripping through these trails, trying to find a fast, twisty line. The WC had to be driven through this stuff and it was harder to make the car flow through the tighter stuff. It doesn't like to change direction as quickly as I like, especially through the higher speed twisty trails.

Seating felt good - although I wanted mine forward more, as I like being right against the wheel - and the seat held me in pretty darned well.

I only have one real complaint - those doors are a joke. I don't know how many times I roosted myself with the front tire - from both sides. What the heck's the idea of leaving the bottom half off the door???

Overall, I was really impressed with the machine. It's definitely a capable ride.

------------

2011 XP:
Suspension: Exit/Z-bro's Stage III
Tires/Wheels: 9x14 Hiper wheels w/Sedona Buzzsaws (26x9 R14) sneakers
Engine: Bone stock (and I like my quiet exhaust! God, I'm getting old... :shhh:)
OEM Power steering is installed.

The XP is light and airy feeling compared to the WC. It has a more reactive chassis and I feel I have better control over it - especially when pushing up to the edge a bit.

The XP is quick to steer and initiating a slide is nothing more than a quick stab at the wheel, pop off the throttle to set the chassis then feed the power back in. It slides so predictably and easily that it's a blast. Doesn't wear you out.

My XP doesn't have body roll anywhere near as much as the WC. Partially because I'm down on suspension travel, so the WC has more articulation, and I think partially because of the cross over points on the shocks.

When we got into the little, tight dunes I used 4wd, but 95% of the time, I cruised around in just 2wd. I like the way the car rear end steers in 2wd - more fun to drive!

HP wise, there's no doubt that the modded WC was quicker and had better climbing ability, but ya know, I was able to keep up with the WC fairly easily. He did have a passenger and I didn't, so I know that helped handicap him a bit, but other than those darned G-outs at transitions, I don't think he had a huge advantage on me.

Whoops - compared to stock, the modded XP is a beast. Compared to the WC, the modded XP is a bit of a puppy. You have to drive whoops - throttle control, timing thing right and such. The back end of the XP needs to be slowed down one notch on rebound - I think it would keep the chassis a lot more stable and level through the rough stuff.

The tight stuff down by the canal is where I probably had the most fun w/the XP - the car just rips in this stuff! It's so easy to pitch the chassis and set it up for the next corner. Dropping the rear wheels down to the same size as the fronts really helped this, as the stocker pushes badly with the wider rears. It's a total blast and the XP almost seems like it knows what you're gonna do next - there's no dogging it into the corners like the WC needed.

I don't really have any complaints about my XP, but then again, I've added seats, doors, lights and such, so anything that I may have complained about in the beginning is gone! :)

If I were to be more focused on duning instead of being more rounded in my off roading, I'd get a Wildcat in a heartbeat and put a little HP into it. That thing is a blast in the dunes! But, since I like to do pretty much everything other than play in the mud, I have to say that I made the better choice for myself. I'm really happy with my XP!

Now I need to look into clutching. I want a little more snap out of the hole.

and for you're entertainment, a little flight time of my 10 car. Man that was a good launch!

http://yellowdogracing.com/DeztazII/Dezair1.jpg

nutz4sand
06-06-2013, 09:56 AM
Well I seen a x model in action and it was way fast than mine. Plus I read a secondary review and they gave the same info upgrade cams high compression pistons ect. Plus the new clutch design. Look I don't want to get into it over ac vs polaris. To be Honest they not really in the same class the ac is wider longer and more than 25% more wheel travel. The only place my buddies xp can win is on flat wide open. Through some whoops or jumps and he has to back off. Oh and he can drive.

Callin BS on this. I see too many Polaris whipping on WC's in the whoops. EDIT: Shorter travel can still be faster than longer travel if the shocks are right AND it has more power (which face it everything does) and the travel is still adequate for the terrain. Saying you have 25% more means you can do 25% more aweful terrain is a fools prayer. ESPECIALLY when they are both in the longtravel catagory. Its not like ones an old stock VW suspension.

By the way I own neither. But my buddy is thinking of buying a new Polaris but I could care less what he buys. He was gonna buy a wildcat on its looks but once we learned of its issues it was no way.

I also see Can-am 1000's whooping on them too.

Artic cat simply has dropped the ball. We went and test drove there thundercat quads and even with the largest engine the things would not wheelie on hardpack without some SERIOUS effort from the rider.

The Honda 700xx and Can-am Renegade 800 both not only wheelie out of the hole and at higher speeds with ease. They NEVER came close to loosing a race to anything artic cat engined.

I used to own a 900cc thundercat sled and holy bananas was that thing brutally fast (it was piped). But after those apparently the engineers that understood power left AC for good.

Bullnerd
06-06-2013, 10:19 AM
I like the can am vids.

Canam maverick blitz whoops - YouTube (http://youtu.be/xPgo-Mu4cCE)

The Can-Am Maverick: Precision-engineered handling - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zt8PwSp2KQ)

monkeyinfantry
06-06-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow, those can-ams look boss

CARLRIDDLE
06-06-2013, 01:15 PM
The Wildcat cage looks like its already been rolled and smashed down some. There are some learning & growing pains with a new product. Still liek the looks of the Polaris or the Can-am.

About 2yrs back in Litlle Sahara, Ok the had banshee wars. Mistake going same week, but they were camped across the park and kept the rangers busy, so what the hell. Some really bad to the bone achohol drag bikes. This one can am 800 with a turbo on it made most all look BAD. Big heavy 4x4 quad was in 3rd place. LOL

nutz4sand
06-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Yah and Can-Am makes that same quad with a 1000 that eats the 800 for lunch and there are guys with turbos on the 1000 and I will admit I do so want one!

The 800 can-Am renegade we had was too easy too ride fast. Not much phased it. When in doubt pin the gas and lean back and it floated thru stuff that made other quads buck you off! Amazing for the big ole tank it was. I loved it.

K-fab
06-06-2013, 06:53 PM
The 800 can-Am renegade we had was too easy too ride fast. Not much phased it. When in doubt pin the gas and lean back and it floated thru stuff that made other quads buck you off! Amazing for the big ole tank it was. I loved it.Jay (Desert Dog Off Road) had a turbo 800 Renegade - yea, that thing was wicked. In four wheel drive, with paddles, it was hard to hold onto when you nailed it. It was like driving a couch too - all sorts of soft, squishy suspension.

slikrider
06-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Well just got back from a 150 miles with the family. It was high speed desert,sand, deep mud and tight heavily wooded areas. The high speed stuff the two xps didn't keep up. The mud we were equal and the woods they had the edge because the wc is longer. I believe the wc has the same wheel base as the xp4. Like said before I'm under powered but that will change after my warranty expires. Oh and nutz u call bs huh. You say the 14 is better than 18 in wheel travel? I understand that u say "well setup". So what makes you think the wildcat isn't. By that logic I wonder why the racers don't run 14in of travel. Oh wait they get as much as possible don't they 18-24.

bdkw1
06-18-2013, 10:12 AM
So what makes you think the wildcat isn't.

I have yet to see anything that was "dialed in" from the factory. There is usually a lot of room for improvement. Having not driven a Wildcat, I can't comment on how close it is or isn't, but the XP900's are pretty damn good out of the box.

More wheel travel does not necessarily make a car faster. 16 cars beat a lot of 1 cars.......

nutz4sand
06-18-2013, 01:40 PM
Well just got back from a 150 miles with the family. It was high speed desert,sand, deep mud and tight heavily wooded areas. The high speed stuff the two xps didn't keep up. The mud we were equal and the woods they had the edge because the wc is longer. I believe the wc has the same wheel base as the xp4. Like said before I'm under powered but that will change after my warranty expires. Oh and nutz u call bs huh. You say the 14 is better than 18 in wheel travel? I understand that u say "well setup". So what makes you think the wildcat isn't. By that logic I wonder why the racers don't run 14in of travel. Oh wait they get as much as possible don't they 18-24.

YEP I called BS cause it was. Even more in this above I bet! I have seen many wildcats getting there ass handed to them RIDICULOUSLY and have yet to see the tables turned. Nor do I expect it too happen. It would be NICE to see arctic cat gets its stuff straight again but.........

Wild BILL'S Buggy rentals (Silver Lake Michigan dunes) rents wildcats (Lots of them) and I know the mechanic there and he works on them ALL the time and he will tell you what a POS they are. The competiton he knows and they rent Polaris and they work on theirs a LOT less.

You gonna upgrade the power once the warrenty is gone? LOL GOOD LUCK. Both the rentals and private owners are having belt AND tranny issues with the anemic stockpower. I bet the drivetrain will handle more power better.......... [smilie=rofl.gif]

Even that pathetic story above does not hold water. Equal in the mud? Right. Surely the more power hurt them xp's there! Were they on bald tires? Be honest for once.

I will also note that those amazing wildcats are not dominating the racing scene.... Those guys do not give a hoot about warrenties. So whats with that amazing 18 inches of travel?

Guess I need to point out that even if both were well setup the more porwerful will often STILL outrun a less powerful even if it has more travel.

I will also point out you say one thing then another in the same paragraph. You did it in this post above and your other one I quoted. You say your not gonna argue then you do! In the very next sentance. So that makes anything you say hard to believe.

BUT its easy to believe you got sour grapes with your purchase. You fell for the looks and hype (I will admit the wildcats look cooler) but they aint got it where it counts.

So now you hype it to make yourself feel better. If that works for yah great. It DOES NOT cure the obvious dropped ball that Arctic Cat released.

When I start seeing Wildcats cleaning up on the others at the dunes I will let you know.

Being the others low power units were faster (by far) and now they have far more power? forget it. Also it will not be hard to add some travel to the others. I do not doubt that any travel deficiencies will be taken care of if need be by the makers them selves but since they ARE NOT loosing to AC wildcats why bother??

I will also point out that 18 inches of travel while impressive I can show you large four seat cars with barely that and they too will eat a wildcat for breakfast.

Racers will tell you that on lighter machines you often do not need as much travel so stick your "I have more travel and am thus faster" crap back in the toilet where you got it from.

It is true that VS say 6 inches of a stock old VW suspension you need more but even 14 inches on a mid size buggy can be brutally fast and still ride nice.

You bought the hype now you can live with it.

Behind most.

You "say" your friend can drive. But that could be you wishing he could and thus making you a better driver. Well it likely is wishing! When you pass these guys do THEY know you are racing? lol I bet not. Or they cannot drive.

Maybe you can add water and sugar to yours and sell it for 5 cents a glass! Since more than a few of the guys who I know who have them say they need to be yellow as they are mostly lemons!

If you wanna race the buggy I am currently playing with IS artic cat powered (660 turbo sled engine (four stroke triple cylinder)) and it DOES have 18 inches of travel. But its only two wheel drive.

However I will point out that it without paddles can let a stock wildcat in fourwheel drive get a huge jump start on the line of almost three lengths. Catch the Wildcat before halftrack and be three lengths ahead at the end of the sand dragstrip. With paddles its far worse. This was a near new wildcat that is well taken care of by the guy who fixes them for Wild Bill's.

Yes I can prove this. Bring cash you can part with.

Bullnerd
06-18-2013, 02:51 PM
Sounds like a fun trip Slik, I wish I was out there with ya.

peterpan
07-04-2013, 01:47 AM
I bought a 2013 wildcat it is awesome
yes the rzr will outrun it in a drag race but it can't keep up threw woops or in the corners

its like comparing a muscle car to a sports car one goes fast in a straight line the other out handles it

if you have never driven a wildcat then you have no clue go drive one you will not be disappointed

I looked at the can am maverick and the rzr 900 I did not like them I seen the wildcat and bought it the next day. I would not buy any other side by side

if you are in the market for a side by side I definitely would look into the wildcat

I was building a single seat buggy with a ninja 600 motor I have the frame built and most of the rear drive and suspension built using 930 cv parts. and the front suspension mocked up using 400ex spindals and built my own a arms. I am so impressed with my wildcat I am selling my buggy project to a buddy

nutz4sand
07-04-2013, 08:15 AM
yes the rzr will outrun it in a drag race but it can't keep up threw woops or in the corners

its like comparing a muscle car to a sports car one goes fast in a straight line the other out handles it

if you have never driven a wildcat then you have no clue go drive one you will not be disappointed

Most of the guys we see in the whoops (near two footers in the bad parts) are still running WIDE open with thier razors and blowing away the WC's. The WC just do not have the balls.

Or its like pretending an underpowered vehicle will keep up with a far more powerful one when both drivers are throttle on the floor drivers as many are. I have yet to see any throttle happy guy back off the gas in the whoops and the more powerful wins. The differances between these two is not made up by the 4 more inches. Even if it IS four more it is not four good inches as can be seen by the bucking I see them often do.

I know many of the owners of the WC's we talk to are quite dissapointed. Most of them in fact. The below picture sums it up well.

K-fab
07-04-2013, 08:49 AM
Turn the green off Nutz! OMG, I can't see! [smilie=lmao.gif]

I'm basing what I'm writing below after an afternoon of playing in a WC (bone stock suspension, modded engine) and two XP's - bone stocker and one with a very well dialed suspension:

Bone stock to Bone stock, I'll fully agree that the WC will outrun an XP in the rough/whoops. The suspension was dialed in better from the factory and it has more travel - and in whoops, travel is king. (but it has to be dialed in travel).

The XP has a horrid rear end hop/buck with stock suspension - too stiff rear springs, not enough rebound damping - it's a pogo stick. Polaris screwed the pooch when it came to stock suspension settings. Springs and damping rates are all way off.

The WC is an animal in the whoops. Even with my XP running a very well dialed in suspension (still need a tad more rebound damping), the WC was better in the whoops. The WC didn't flat outrun me, but I sure had to hang on and be really careful about making sure my timing with throttle blips was just right. The WC was able to just stick the fun pedal to the floor and go.

Out corner? Nah, the WC has to be pushed into corners and then yanked out. The XP turns in exceptionally well and comes out much more easily.

Getting the WC through a corner required driving it through the corner and it felt very heavy and sluggish. There was a lot of input needed to get the initial turn in going and then I had to work it out of the corner, almost like once you got it set, it wanted to stay there. The WC really didn't like multi-switchbacks. I always felt like the car was a half corner behind where I was. It's almost like the rear end is what's controlling the car. Not that the WC pushes, but it just feels like all the mass that's being thrown around is back behind the driver. It makes everything feel sluggish and non-reactive to input.

I can't really put my finger on what I'd do to a WC to make it feel lighter in corners. It didn't push, it didn't oversteer, it just felt really sluggish while cornering. Some of this feeling/action may be due to the massive amount of chassis roll. It never gives the feeling it's going over, it just goes a long way before you feel it settle into the springs in corners.

The XP (both stock and suspended) dance through the corners. They're very light feeling and almost feel intuitive about what's going on. Turn in is nothing more than a light flick of the wheel and a quick let off of the throttle to weight bias the front wheels. Once that happens, the rear end just follows along and the XP will drift beautifully through the corner. Just a little bit of throttle control will completely control what the rear end's doing. Coming out of a corner is nothing more than steering where you want to go and stomping on the fun pedal.

Going to the same sized tire on all four corners on an XP increase this even more. Stock, the XP tends to push, but it still has more finesse than a WC.

Dunes only - no doubt about it, I'd go WC and throw HP at it and cover the stupid holes in the doors so I quit roosting myself and the passenger (wtf was Arctic Cat thinking with these useless panels?).
For everything else, the WC is going to be a very capable ride, but I'm happy that I went with the XP.

-------------------------

Not arguing or bagging on you at all here peterpan, but I'd like to ask you to clarify a bit more and give examples of why you feel the way that you do. I've supplied information that I got with a straight up comparison of the three machines that were in our camp. I put in a couple of hours of testing and playing in the three machines one afternoon, just so I could give an honest and unbiased as possible opinion. I have the XP, but I didn't let that bias my opinion of the WC. I was very curious about the machine and thrilled to get time in it driving it as hard as I could.

if you have never driven a wildcat then you have no clue go drive one you will not be disappointedI have driven one
I have a clue - and I have a definite clue about off road driving. Definitely not a novice in this realm.
I wasn't disappointed at all.
Have you driven both?

I looked at the can am maverick and the rzr 900 I did not like them I seen the wildcat and bought it the next day. I would not buy any other side by side It would appear that you made your decision just on looks. I'll agree, the WC wins in this department. It looks like a space ship compared to a stock XP and the Canned Ham looks very utilitarian.
What else helped you make your decision?
Did you have seat time in any of them as either a driver or passenger?
Saying you would not purchase any other SxS is being pretty narrow minded. What happens if Honda's rumored beast ends up just flat smoking everything on the market, would you poo-poo it because of brand loyalty or would you jump camp and then make this same statement about it? - or if it was Polaris, or Canned Ham, or who ever. Like I said, not bagging on you at all, just asking you to think a bit...

if you are in the market for a side by side I definitely would look into the wildcatI fully agree. If you're going to spend the coin, look at the three top dogs, get some seat time in them, do a bit of homework and pick the right one for you.

nutz4sand
07-04-2013, 09:17 AM
I will believe it myself a lot more once I see them smoking past the others in the whoops at the dunes. I see the wildcats in the "slow lane" all to often and being passed.

The one I drove was ok at best and nearly ALL the ones I have seen the owners are not that happy a camper.

I just do not find that many happy owners of them and the guys I ride with like to stop and talk to the other side by sides to compare the Desert Dog Coyote to them.

K-fab
07-04-2013, 09:25 AM
There's not an OEM SxS out there that will even come close to Jay's Coyote! That is one amazing little ride in the dunes! Probably the best sand car I've ever been in. Hell, I like it more that the high hp full sized ride's I've been in (but not driven).

NinjaRaptor
07-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Not to steal the thread, but I have ridden in Razors, allbeit all of them were close to stock. In contrast, the Coyote is way better. In all honesty though, its not really a fair comparison. One is built/designed for the general public, the other is built/designed for the person that wants more (suspension, HP, Performance) out a standard sandrail and builds it from the ground up with those goals in mind. That's also what you see with Sinister, Protodie, Tut, and others.

There is nothing wrong with an off the shelf design as long as you have done your research before you buy and it suits your needs. I am one of those guys that spent a lot of time before I decided to purchase a sandrail. That's why this site and others are so helpful to those that are trying to figure out what's best for them. So, do your research, test drive the rigs, and pick the one that suits your needs and driving style. If the Wildcat makes you happy, you've got it covered. If not, let the fun begin[smilie=biggrin.gif]...and start a custom design like many others

peterpan
07-04-2013, 12:41 PM
I have seat time in a rzr 900 and of course my wildcat but not the can am

I sat in the can am and looked it over decided I did not like how bulky it felt it feels like a stripped down utility type of side by side just did not like it.

around here the rzr is the king but this place is driven by the latest fad people buy one cause their buddies bought one they have no clue what they actually buy

I did not like how rough the rzr handled you might keep up but you will beat the shit out of yourself and your ride

I don't race mine I use mine as a all around toy so I wanted more than just power mine is not the wildcat x mine is just the base wildcat I am sure the x would be a lot better in the power area

I have no brand loyalty
I bought mine buy driving the wildcat it impessed me more than the rzr did I have no real examples just went off what one I liked better and I was more impressed by the wildcat

the wildcat needs better steering but that's possible using 4 seater spindals. and more power but that is easy enough

I can see this has just turned into a wildcat bashing thread so my advice to anyone is get seat time in all of them and decide what you want power with no finesse or a good balance of power and finesse

or just follow the fad and buy whats popular in your area

I made my choice from driving a rzr and the wildcat

K-fab
07-04-2013, 04:29 PM
I have seat time in a rzr 900 and of course my wildcat but not the can am Right there with you.

I sat in the can am and looked it over decided I did not like how bulky it felt it feels like a stripped down utility type of side by side just did not like it.Agreed completely. It has some really nice features, but there's something really utilitarian (feeling) about it.

around here the rzr is the king but this place is driven by the latest fad people buy one cause their buddies bought one they have no clue what they actually buyYup, that happens a lot.

I did not like how rough the rzr handled you might keep up but you will beat the shit out of yourself and your rideAgreed on this point too - a bone stocker is stiff and not well suspended. The difference between the stocker and my modded suspension is just flat out incredible. Still not as supple over the bigger, rougher stuff as the WC, but more than adequate.

I don't race mine I use mine as a all around toy so I wanted more than just power mine is not the wildcat x mine is just the base wildcat I am sure the x would be a lot better in the power area

I have no brand loyalty
I bought mine buy driving the wildcat it impessed me more than the rzr did I have no real examples just went off what one I liked better and I was more impressed by the wildcatI fully understand and appreciate this as the response to what I asked earlier.

the wildcat needs better steering but that's possible using 4 seater spindals. and more power but that is easy enoughLike I said, there's room for improvement on ALL of them.

I can see this has just turned into a wildcat bashing thread so my advice to anyone is get seat time in all of them and decide what you want power with no finesse or a good balance of power and finesse

or just follow the fad and buy whats popular in your area

I made my choice from driving a rzr and the wildcatThanks for the response. Good replies on the different aspects I wondered about.

Please don't think I am bashing the WC in any shape or form other than the darned doors allowing the front wheels to fill my lap with sand. It's a cool ride and, like with any of the SxS's out there, there's always room for improvement. Like I said, if I were to dune only, I'd get the WC in a heartbeat and add hp.

The WC I got to drive had some sort of kit (not sure if it was Arctic Cat's or what - it had Muzzy parts), so the two rides were pretty equal in power to the ground. There wasn't any clear winner in one being able to leave the other.

My suspended XP and the hopped up WC were extremely equal when it came down to it - the XP carved the dunes better, the WC handled the bigger suspension hits better. Neither one of us could loose the other - the guy who owns the WC makes the Coyote and has navigated with me desert racing many years - we're pretty equal in driving abilities - heck, he's a better duner than I.

I don't and won't race my XP, but I do admit that when I get behind the wheel of just about anything, especially off road, my racing blood tends to surface. It's a different approach to driving. I'm used to small, high hp to weight ratio rides and am pretty sensitive to what the chassis is doing and how it's working for my style of driving.

And like I said, not bashing a bit, just having a good conversation with you.[smilie=ext_beer2.g:

NinjaRaptor
07-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Hey K-Fab, I heard Jay might be thinking about the WildCat months ago, maybe from one of the guys that works for him...So what did he do to the WC to improve the performance???

K-fab
07-04-2013, 05:26 PM
I think he's a dealer now. The WC he had at the dunes was their demo car, I believe.

I'm not sure what kit it had on it - Muzzy maybe? (is this a stock option? - dunno). It had high compression pistons, a bumpy cam, a tuner and a horridly obnoxious and loud muffler (that didn't muffle squat).

NinjaRaptor
07-04-2013, 06:06 PM
I would like to see one of those run hard on the Oregon Coast, so far there has only been one I have spotted and its driven slowwwwww......

Can't stand a noisy muffler, even the Hayabusa in the coyote is too noisy. Can't hear the wife scream when I hit the hill, come to think of it that might be best. One time we stopped, she said "didn't you hear me yelling to stop?". I told her I thought she said looking good!:p

slikrider
07-08-2014, 01:07 PM
So been away with family stuff. So here's an update to an old thread. I love my cat. It is the best over all car. I have since drive both the xp 900 and 1000. Yes the cat turns poorly but that was fixed by moving the tie rods in 7/8 in toward the spindle. Works great. I'm really hard on my car to the point of 4 arm/ball joint blown out. It is very under powered but as said they have fixed most of that with the newer models. For example doing away with the wet clutch. It was a dumb idea to start with. Adding 6 lbs of mass to the crank is never a good idea. So I've replaced the rear radius rods and upgraded the brakes.

Last month I went out with my buddy and did some hard riding up in prescot az. It was a blast. He has the new xp1000. The biggest thing I noticed was how the cat sat and stayed stable in the corners. He had his one two wheel multi time while I was tracking flat and fast. Now I know some are NUTZ and will talk down to what ever is said about these cars. But I'm sold with mine.

That being said They made a huge mistake with using atv drive train on a 1300 lbs car and under powering it. I bought this because it was the perfect cross from buggy to sxs and it is.

Now if only I can get another 20 hp. :)

Rat4020
07-08-2014, 02:13 PM
So been away with family stuff. So here's an update to an old thread. I love my cat. It is the best over all car. I have since drive both the xp 900 and 1000. Yes the cat turns poorly but that was fixed by moving the tie rods in 7/8 in toward the spindle. Works great. I'm really hard on my car to the point of 4 arm/ball joint blown out. It is very under powered but as said they have fixed most of that with the newer models. For example doing away with the wet clutch. It was a dumb idea to start with. Adding 6 lbs of mass to the crank is never a good idea. So I've replaced the rear radius rods and upgraded the brakes.

Dont bother to turbo it . Its a waste of 6500 bucks a bud of mine did it for the St Anthony trip [smilie=yuck.gif] at the end they pushed it onto the trailer

NinjaRaptor
07-08-2014, 02:21 PM
I have seen a number of guys turbo razors and end up replacing a piston within hours of use. Even with low boost, some have had issues. I have a hard time believing these engines can take a turbo without building the bottom end to handle it......I would suspect the same to be true of the wildcat.....there might be other options out there that would get you the extra 20hp...

Rat4020
07-08-2014, 02:24 PM
I have seen a number of guys turbo razors and end up replacing a piston within hours of use. Even with low boost, some have had issues. I have a hard time believing these engines can take a turbo without building the bottom end to handle it......I would suspect the same to be true of the wildcat.....there might be other options out there that would get you the extra 20hp...

A good option for the wildcat would be a RZR trans and a Yamaha Nytro motor ..LOL

K-fab
07-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Last month I went out with my buddy and did some hard riding up in prescot az. It was a blast. He has the new xp1000. The biggest thing I noticed was how the cat sat and stayed stable in the corners. He had his one two wheel multi time while I was tracking flat and fast. Now I know some are NUTZ and will talk down to what ever is said about these cars. But I'm sold with mine.

That being said They made a huge mistake with using atv drive train on a 1300 lbs car and under powering it. I bought this because it was the perfect cross from buggy to sxs and it is.

Now if only I can get another 20 hp. :)It's good to hear that you're satisfied with it. As long as you are, then what anyone else says doesn't matter. [smilie=thumbs_up.g:

A good option for the wildcat would be a RZR trans and a Yamaha Nytro motor ..LOLRumor has it that the Nytro engine may find it's way into the next WC. I happened to hear this last week when I was out in AZ. That would be a ripper - and GYRT (Yamaha's aftermarket/upgrade supplier) has a both a bolt on supercharger (https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/fx-nytro-mtx-supercharger-by-mountai?b=Snowmobile&d=3|3) and a bolt on turbo system (https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/fx-nytro-mtx-turbo-by-mountain-performance-inc?b=Snowmobile&d=3|3) that each are listed to add 45 hp.

NinjaRaptor
07-08-2014, 04:00 PM
If that were the case, I would be allover another test ride in a wildcat :D

slikrider
07-08-2014, 05:24 PM
That correct. There are alot of rumors of a new engine next yr. they have already started the right path with the wildcat trail. They redesigned the drive train. So the forums think there's somthing coming. I'm not goin to add power to the cat. It will be my 4x4 and I'm buying a two seat tut frame with a busa. Should be all the power I need. :) after reading all the forums all the sxs have problems. The xp that came out last yr has had tons of problems and they had a solid platform. So the wildcat having the problems it had aren't surprising.

slikrider
07-09-2014, 12:29 AM
The big craz on the wildcat forum is the rzr trany with the arctic z1 turbo. Pace off road is Doin conversions with a 180-240-280 selector on hp. Amazing stuff happening if you got the coin

nutz4sand
07-09-2014, 07:51 AM

Well it does sound like some SLIK story telling thats really WILD.

Although I do gotta admit something I have seen lately.

More guys around here ARE liking the wildcats. They claim they make them feel good when they use thier Rzr's and Can-ams to tow the wildcats back to the wildcats camps and trailers.

[smilie=gun_gun.gif]------------> wildcat...

Good fer target practice.... And tow strap testing.

slikrider
07-09-2014, 10:47 AM
I was wondering when nutz would show up to be annoying. I might be wrong about this but doubt it. What experience do you have with sxs. I know when this thread started you didn't you just knew a guy that knew a guy. So has anything changed in the last year. Sorry no story's today.

Up north
07-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Whoa! What's with the pissing match?

K-fab
07-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Agreed...

Rat4020
07-09-2014, 12:24 PM
[smilie=haha.gif]
[smilie=stupid.gif]

Xbird
07-09-2014, 08:05 PM
that's been going on two years LOL ... I need a popcorn smilie ...

K-fab
07-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Here ya go:

http://www.rzrforums.net/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

nutz4sand
07-10-2014, 08:54 AM
I was wondering when nutz would show up to be annoying. I might be wrong about this but doubt it. What experience do you have with sxs. I know when this thread started you didn't you just knew a guy that knew a guy. So has anything changed in the last year. Sorry no story's today.

The most annoying thing is you showing up with lies about your "supposed" kick ass wildcat.

Lets see some videos of it blowing away these machines and we want some real proof of speed. (syncho double images with at least GPS) Better yet any chance you can make it to the Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan?? I bet there are hundreds of guys who would like to see you show them up. I am one.

Nope I do not own a bought common sxs. But if you wish to race for titles I will put a machine I have up for titles. Yah I can go buy a SXS if you want me too. No it will not be a "unwildcat". I like power.

I see HUNDREDS of SXS in the Silver Lake Sand Dunes. I can back what I say any time there all day long. Most guys there beat on there machines pretty good. Wildcats aint all that.

Your stores ARE stories. Nothing more. Wildcats are never seen in the front of any pack where the throttles are all down. Period. (Sorry its the facts) The lame fact you try to play of the couple more inches of travel makes it better shows you do not understand suspension or what you are saying well either. The guys on this board KNOW this. So try to BS them with it. Go ahead. It will be fun to watch.

I will also point out that more people are seriously hurt in the wildcats Vs other SXS in accidents. So maybe its good you own one........ [smilie=thumbs_up.g: Cage collapses on them often are more than the "other guys" and the riders get hurt more (even at the slower speeds)

This was done and forgotton till you showed up again and had to start more crap with your little story of your amazing wildcat with a red "S" and cape on.... Had to put a certain word in caps to be an ass towards me.

So Yah I will be annoying to an ash-hole who lies and tries to start chit.

You tried starting this in the beginning.

Most of the toys I play with have more power with a spark plug wire off than your wildcat does in top form.

Can tell from your start back on page five you drank the Arctic Cat kool-aid and never looked back. But thats probably cause no reason too as no one was behind you in your wildcat. :rolleyes:

Good thing they look cool. [smilie=ext_shutup.:

nutz4sand
07-10-2014, 09:19 AM
Whoa! What's with the pissing match?

Its more of I cannot stand liars to come on this site and spew crap. Just cause they fell for the hype and bought the wrong machine they gotta try to talk it up to feel better.

The only times I recall a wildcat passing anything was when the anything was parked. Literally.

We actually went to buy the arctic cat 1000cc thunder quad. They claimed the thing was so powerful they had to make the frame longer to help keep the front tires down.

We tested both a new one and a customers that was already broken in and NEITHER of them would wheelie unless at a dead stop and you hammered them and realllllly threw your weight back. Even then it was a struggle. And I am 6 foot two and 270 pounds. I can get most things to wheelie with ease.

Now one the 800cc renegade we did get the machine will flip over backwards with no pulling the bars from a dead stop and I can get the front end airborn easily at 20 plus MPH and more.

The wildcats we have raced with the machine I have had paddles (we did not have the paddles on that day) and even letting them get 1/4 the way down the strip we were able to pass them midstrip and be at the end while they were only 3/4 the way down the strip.

I CANNOT help it if AC does not put power in its machines anymore. Sad truth.

I used to have a thunder cat 900cc triple two stroke piped sled. Now that bitch had power. But that was an older machine. Today they just do not cut it.

Rat4020
07-10-2014, 09:22 AM
[smilie=blink.gif] please pass the pisscorn

K-fab
07-10-2014, 10:51 AM
Here ya go Rat

http://www.rzrforums.net/images/smilies/popcorn.gif http://www.rzrforums.net/images/smilies/popcorn.gif http://www.rzrforums.net/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Up north
07-11-2014, 12:31 AM
Its more of I cannot stand liars to come on this site and spew crap. Just cause they fell for the hype and bought the wrong machine they gotta try to talk it up to feel better.

The only times I recall a wildcat passing anything was when the anything was parked. Literally.

We actually went to buy the arctic cat 1000cc thunder quad. They claimed the thing was so powerful they had to make the frame longer to help keep the front tires down.

We tested both a new one and a customers that was already broken in and NEITHER of them would wheelie unless at a dead stop and you hammered them and realllllly threw your weight back. Even then it was a struggle. And I am 6 foot two and 270 pounds. I can get most things to wheelie with ease.

Now one the 800cc renegade we did get the machine will flip over backwards with no pulling the bars from a dead stop and I can get the front end airborn easily at 20 plus MPH and more.

The wildcats we have raced with the machine I have had paddles (we did not have the paddles on that day) and even letting them get 1/4 the way down the strip we were able to pass them midstrip and be at the end while they were only 3/4 the way down the strip.

I CANNOT help it if AC does not put power in its machines anymore. Sad truth.

I used to have a thunder cat 900cc triple two stroke piped sled. Now that bitch had power. But that was an older machine. Today they just do not cut it.

I hear ya, I was just surprised to see this on MBN where most folks try to get along. Kudos for standing behind your opinion Nutz. I have to say I have ridden in a wildcat and it rode really nice until we drifted a corner and a rear 5 link rod snapped and the wheel folded over, then we walked. If you think the wildcat is gutless you'd really be disappointed with my 500 ho powered two seater. Tons of torque but a 0-60 of 6.2..... Miles lol!

slikrider
07-11-2014, 03:13 PM
I don't see where the stories are. I gave a first impression last yr after buying it and then another a yr later. There was no bs I told what broke and the problems I've had and some of how I resolved them. I never said that it was fast. It's gutless. I believe I even said they were built with atv crap also. So no kool aid here. I have no brand loyalty to anything but honda. So it makes me wonder when a few of us write the same thing. " they handle well good suspension"

So the only bs is a guy saying ill race for pinks with somthing but not telling what. To someone across the country. What ever you Rock no denying that.
I shouldn't have called you out but damn you bag on me and other gave the same evaluation.

Odyknuck
07-12-2014, 10:04 AM
Been awhile since I visited this thread and I must say it's always good to see that Chevy/Ford sagas continue lol. Here's my 2 cents on the Wildcat as I have owned an "X" for a year now. It's best feature is the lower center of gravity like a buggy. My commander and the RZR line makes me feel like I am going to fall out at any minute. The other thing is the lockable front diff at a flip of a switch is also nice feture. Other than that, it's a typical SxS only wth a Buggy style. Even the "X" is under powered as 1000 cc engines go at 90 HP. It sure does not feel like 90 hp however i suspect most of that is the clutching. The stock suspension and Team clutching sucks. The power steering is like driving a tank compared to my Commander with an aftermarket kit on it. The factory recently paid to replaced the EPS and the Rack under warranty after a year, so you know it's had design issues. It steers better than when I first bought it however it's still a two hander. I have been working with a vendor on replacement spring sets however the FOX shock valving is the real limitation. Replacing the stupid super long single front spring with a true dual rate setup yields the most improvement. Overall I am happy with it however it could use some improvements in the drive train area across the board!

Bullnerd
07-12-2014, 11:51 AM
There's one thing that would solve all the Sxs problems , Honda building a sport version.

K-fab
07-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Even better would be an MBN collaborative effort to build one.

Rat4020
07-12-2014, 12:26 PM
There's one thing that would solve all the Sxs problems , Honda building a sport version.

Ya mean like their TRX700 [smilie=lmao.gif] Was in compairison to the 700 Raptor.
But Bull I was sayin that some six years ago when everyone had hardonz for the Rino's . It just never happend

Xbird
07-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Suzuki needs to jump into the game. [smilie=ext_tomato.:

K-fab
07-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Suzuki needs to jump into the game. [smilie=ext_tomato.:No, it would end up hurting me - the worst crashes/accidents/body damage I've had over the years can all be traced back to a Suzuki - I won't even throw a leg over one now. They're evil.

nutz4sand
07-12-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't see where the stories are. I gave a first impression last yr after buying it and then another a yr later. There was no bs I told what broke and the problems I've had and some of how I resolved them. I never said that it was fast. It's gutless. I believe I even said they were built with atv crap also. So no kool aid here. I have no brand loyalty to anything but honda. So it makes me wonder when a few of us write the same thing. " they handle well good suspension"

So the only bs is a guy saying ill race for pinks with somthing but not telling what. To someone across the country. What ever you Rock no denying that.
I shouldn't have called you out but damn you bag on me and other gave the same evaluation.

No if you wish to go back and reread what others wrote handle well does not come up that much. Most others and the video show a different story. The ones I have seen in real life tell the different story too.

No its not BS saying I'll race since according to you the wildcat beats everything you line it up against. So what I have does not matter.

If you had Honda loyalty you would not have bought an artic cat now would you?

Don't feel to bad. I too have boughten things before I researched them and got the wrong machine/item/tool (take your pic) and got burned by it. So I learned from it the next time. But I did not go spreading stories about how it was all good to make myself feel better. I admitted the junk I bought was junk.

Odyknuck
07-13-2014, 09:35 AM
Hmmm! Nutz, did you get run over by a Wildcat or something? You sure seem to have a hair up your ass for them! Like all SxSs the Wildcat has it share of plus and minus. To me they are all just a platform to build upon. I have a Commander and a Wildcat and both need improvements to meet my needs. Even my Pilots were not the best machine out of the box and they were made by Honda and way ahead of their time. Time to lighten up buddy and let it go!

K-fab
07-13-2014, 11:55 AM
[smilie=thumbs_up.g:[smilie=thumbs_up.g:[smilie=thumbs_up.g:

darwinpayne2000
07-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Am I being foolish by posting a comment on this thread? Well, fools rush in where angels fear to tread . . .

I've been riding at the Little Sahara sand dunes here in Utah for about 10 years. On our trip this spring, I was astounded to see so many SxS buggies at Sand Mountain. People were cruising around in them everywhere. You couldn't see the sandrailers for all of the SxS'es obscuring the view. ;)

The vast majority were Polaris Razr's. It's hard to tell if they bought the Razr because they spent considerable time and effort comparing models and choosing the best one, or if they bought the Razr simply because everybody else is buying them. I suspect it's the latter. These days, I call it the "iPhone effect". People want to be seen with what everybody else regards as "cool". Remember the Trapper Keeper?

I don't have a dog in this fight (don't own one :)) but I'm happy to see SxS'es of every stripe and color on the trails, especially if it is driven by a first-time off-road owner. We need more people are out riding the trails to make it that much harder to justify trail closures and make off-roading a popular sport for everyone.

If you've got an Arctic Cat SxS that you want to get rid of, I'm more than happy to take it. That will give me one more SxS than I have now. :D

As a further note, this is a great forum and I'm glad to be here participating.

nutz4sand
07-13-2014, 09:49 PM
Hmmm! Nutz, did you get run over by a Wildcat or something? You sure seem to have a hair up your ass for them! Like all SxSs the Wildcat has it share of plus and minus. To me they are all just a platform to build upon. I have a Commander and a Wildcat and both need improvements to meet my needs. Even my Pilots were not the best machine out of the box and they were made by Honda and way ahead of their time. Time to lighten up buddy and let it go!

lol Nope. I did not get run over by a wildcat. I can walk faster than 3 mph!!! [smilie=lmao.gif]

I am like the comments after Darwin posted. Good to see more guys out there. I do not care what they are on or in.

But I cannot stand guys showing up to this site and telling stories that might make others go buy one when it will not do what the "claimer" says it will!

Yah I am totally famlier with Pilots. Totally agree they were the best thing at the time and yet easily upgradeable.

If people are honest about the things they claim out of thier machines you will not hear me question it. Simple as that. But when I see these on a daily basis and they cannot perform for beans then this guy shows up with tales of greatness of one...

If you got a tall tale to tell best post some dam fine video and solid proof. If thats too much to ask.....

Odyknuck
07-14-2014, 08:15 PM
My buddy playing around in his 2012 with 77hp motor:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkcFjcWI86Y

This hill has flipped many a RZRs over including the 1000 along with a few broken front diffs.

Bullnerd
07-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Man! Those things are ugly!

Wheels
07-14-2014, 10:53 PM
i had the chance to ride around in one of those this past weekend. I thought it had plenty of power. I think we need get up and go a bit more than high speed down this way... not really anywhere to open them up. now that i think about it... i can't remember if i was drinkin' the applie pie and beer when riding the cat or not. lol

like darwin said... i like to see people riding, don't really care what they are on. :D

Duane
07-15-2014, 01:09 AM
The cage don't look like much protection. I might suggest helmets also.

Rat4020
07-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Man! Those things are ugly!

[smilie=rofl.gif] LOL yer just jellozze Bull . Just think of it as a moped or a fat chick " Fun ta ride but but ya dont wanta be seen on "

Ser though they do have a push ride and prob do have adaquit power untill ya through paddles on and go dunin . I got ta go dunin with turboed wildcat 900RZR 1000RZR 1000 Maveric and a 900 Jagged Edge and they were all ok the 900RZR jumped about the best and none of them made it more than 1/2 up Choke
But ta tell ya the truth I wouldnt mind having a 1000 RZR for those coffie cruzes :D
As far as dunnin I would take my buggy hannds down over any of them for stability and power

odypilots
07-15-2014, 03:29 PM
i had the chance to ride around in one of those this past weekend. I thought it had plenty of power. I think we need get up and go a bit more than high speed down this way... not really anywhere to open them up. now that i think about it... i can't remember if i was drinkin' the applie pie and beer when riding the cat or not. lol :D

Considering that it was just last weekend, that seems to indicate that you WERE drinking the apple pie and beer!

slikrider
07-16-2014, 11:02 AM
I agree with rat Pismo beach is only a cple hrs away and glamis a bit further. I think it would be a waste and a little boring. Even the 107 hp rzr just don't have enough in the sand to be a blast. IMO

K-fab
07-16-2014, 11:11 AM
Neither of my XPs or my desert car will make it up Olds or China Wall, but saying that running out there would be boring is a little closed minded - well, unless all you do is sit at these hills all day and do nothing other than run them. If I have to go run the hills, a CRF450 is my weapon of choice...
The dunes offer SO much more that if you have ther right mindset, it's all a blast.
My favorite thing to do is run from Gecko to Gordon's Well as hard and fast as I can. I'll take that over hill stuff anytime.
It's all about making the best of what you're doing with the tool you have :)

BorntoBraaap
07-16-2014, 02:32 PM
There really does seem to be a "hillclimb" mindset at the dunes. Im with you K fab, give me that whoop trail with the switch back berms that I have been on multiple times and go harder each time. Im always trying to get my friends to carve out a track and stick to it with me but, it never works out longer than once or twice around. A.D.D. I guess I dont know.?
I will give my good hillclimb friend this though he is the only one out there that runs through the gears back DOWN the face. EVeryone is like WTF? Its pretty classic.

Rat4020
07-16-2014, 02:36 PM
There really does seem to be a "hillclimb" mindset at the dunes..

LOL Its an addiction[smilie=haha2.gif] The hillclimb that is $$$$$$

slikrider
07-18-2014, 07:32 PM
I'm with you on that kfab. I loved the dunes on my cr 500 lots of good times. The problems Is I'm an adrenaline junky. The sxs just don't have enough power to make it interesting for me. We are going to go to pismo next month after my son is born for some family fun. But to me sliding around corner in the high Sierras is the best. Its Fast and you can push the limits of you and your car. But I won't bag on anybody's idea off roading it's all fun in it own way.

Odyknuck
07-19-2014, 12:12 AM
The difference between a hill climber and a trail rider is the hill climber uses the trails to get to the Hills and a trail rider uses the hills to get to the trails. At the end of the day, it just does not matter what your riding preference is or what you drive, the important thing is you enjoy it!
Simple eh!

Rat4020
07-19-2014, 08:18 PM
Clear :D