PDA

View Full Version : Barracuda

scottbrixie
08-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Ok so I decided to build a Barracuda. Most likely gonna go with a busa, but Im also looking at an R1 for the motor. I hope to start in a cpl of weeks on the base frame. Waiting on a bender for the rest. For you guys that have built a cudda already, can I use 1 1/4 inch DOM for the chassis and 1 1/4 inc square tube for the base frame? Was thinking 120 wall for the base frame and main roll bar, then the rest 095 wall. Also any tips on building. I have read that stretching the chassis a bit is a good idea. Was kinda thinking around 4 inches in the drivers area and maybe 4 in the engine area??

Any info would be great...Thanks in advance

Komelika
08-08-2011, 04:54 AM
I stretched mine by 4 inches in the cockpit. I'm not sure there is a need to stretch the engine compartment. Besides 8 inches overall seems a bit much. I'm 6'2" and I can't imagine driving it in its stock length. It feel pretty comfortable in it with the added inches (of course I'm no where near done so I haven't driven yet). 4" gives you more seat options as well. I couldn't have fit my beard seat into it otherwise.

scottbrixie
08-08-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the info Komelika...I plan on running a PRP suspension seat. I have them in my RZR and love them. It was a toss up between the PRP and twisted stitch..till I checked the prices..PRP it is..lol