PDA

View Full Version : New SoCal track

psychoholic
05-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Victorville Raceway Park is building a Motocross track on the infield of the Stock car track. they will have open riding every Friday night starting June 3. They will run Dirtbikes, Quads and Off Road vehicles. No classes or rules ( except some Safety) so bring whatever you have and have some fun. Moto X Comes to VRP | The New Victorville Raceway Park (http://www.victorville-auto-raceway.com/?p=920)

Chikin
05-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Victorville Raceway Park is building a Motocross track on the infield of the Stock car track. they will have open riding every Friday night starting June 3. They will run Dirtbikes, Quads and Off Road vehicles. No classes or rules ( except some Safety) so bring whatever you have and have some fun. Moto X Comes to VRP | The New Victorville Raceway Park (http://www.victorville-auto-raceway.com/?p=920)

Thats awesome. Would be cool to see what everyone brings out...
Hey I can't make it to the first one, But post some pics on here of that night and post them on here. I would like to see what turns out of it.

TutTech
05-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Same here my car will not be ready by june.. hopeing by july sometime.
But I may just come out to see how many people show up.. what the track looks like and how it works for our mini buggies etc. and just to show some support.

I think this could be a great thing. I hope for the best and look forward to it.
If you get any more info like how much it will cost and what rules info they will want that would be great.
Thanks

psychoholic
05-29-2011, 01:26 PM
Same here my car will not be ready by june.. hopeing by july sometime.
But I may just come out to see how many people show up.. what the track looks like and how it works for our mini buggies etc. and just to show some support.

I think this could be a great thing. I hope for the best and look forward to it.
If you get any more info like how much it will cost and what rules info they will want that would be great.
Thanks

I sent a message to the track to try to get enty fees. Right now I think it is more of a practice and have fun thing. It will be every Friday but we might want to schedule a day when most of us can make it. I also Race the Lucas Oil Off Road regional series at Glen Helen and work for the Lucas Oil Off Road series so I cant be in Victorville every friday. I will post fees once I get them and rules are run what you brung. Basic safety, Helmet, Rollcage, 5 Point Seat belts for now. If they get more strict I will let everyone know.

psychoholic
05-29-2011, 03:01 PM
It is $30 to Ride and $10 for spectators.

TutTech
05-30-2011, 09:25 AM
Sounds great.. thanks for taking the time to contact them, get the info and let us all know. Really appreciate that.
;)

Well it sounds like it is just so new they are just getting started. Open it up see who comes and the get organized from there type deal to me.
See who you get showing up and then if you get enough to form some classes and start racing then go for it. At least that is what I seem to think from reading what they put up.

I hear you with the Lucas events. Do you do the Regional and International?
I read you go to the Regionals.. I was at the last race little over a month back.. but did not see you..
I went to check it out as I was thinking of just bringing my car out to the couple regionals at Glen Helen? Next year.. when my car is done and dialed in.

As for VictorVille I think Fridays are cool to see for now and get people to come out and just ride.
But yes Fridays fill up fast with events.. so... ya. hmmm

Well cool thanks again for the information and I will try to plan on at least coming out.. want to see what kind of interest they get.
I will look for you and try to meet up.

;):)

psychoholic
05-30-2011, 11:41 AM
I am getting to know the Victorville track promoter. He runs the Outlaw Monster truck shows and really wants to keep this track going. He was planning a stadium off road race for Aug 20 but the Lucas Oil Regional Series runs that day. He said he would reschedule that race. I have other drivers asking about actually a race series in Victorville and, like you said, If we get enough cars and make some classes we could have our own races as part of the open riding.

I race in the Glen Helen, Lucas Oil Regional Series and I work as an official for the big series. If you went to the national race I was working turn 3. on Saturday we had 5 Superlites flip in my corner at the same time. That was pretty exciting and funny.

Chikin
05-30-2011, 10:04 PM
Sounds like you should get a camera and shoot videos!! We love videos.
Eve4n if its 10 minutes long... We will watch and wait for it.

psychoholic
05-30-2011, 10:17 PM
Sounds like you should get a camera and shoot videos!! We love videos.
Eve4n if its 10 minutes long... We will watch and wait for it.

I will use my GoPro and have my girlfriend take some pics. I hope to get to see the track before friday so I can bring the right tires and set up my shocks before I get there

Chikin
05-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Man I wish my car was done... The more I read this posting...Man I wish I was done.

TutTech
05-31-2011, 11:52 AM
Man I wish my car was done... The more I read this posting...Man I wish I was done.

:rolleyes: you and me both!!

[smilie=alright.gif] soon.. we will both be done soon..

;)

And no I was not at the Nationals.. I was racing the MORE 500.. I ment the Redional from a couple months back. Only 3 cars were racing at that one.
And yes I can see how they could all roll together in those corners.. sheesh the trophy karts were all doing it too.. Crazy but fun.. and I second the videos.

Thanks.
:)

psychoholic
06-04-2011, 08:41 AM
The Track didn't look like much when we showed up but it is a lot of fun. It is to narrow but they said they are going to fix that before next Friday. I did not get any pictures but here is a video from my GoPro. YouTube - ‪Victorville raceway park 001.AVI‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz9rbRVTjIs)

TutTech
06-04-2011, 10:22 AM
I had to work! .. dang

So what was it like? As far as people showing up, event organizer working with you, is it going to grow? how was the feel etc. The personal impression you had of the experience would be great to hear.
Then any details.. how many buggies showed up? utvs bikes etc.. is it organized? any details would be great to know.

Thanks for the video.. watching it now..

psychoholic
06-04-2011, 10:35 AM
It went pretty good. there were 4 classes for motorcycles, Pee Wee, kids, teens and adults. We had 2 modified Rhinos, a Can Am Commander and my Redline Revolt. The Promoter came around and talked to everyone for their input and seemed to want to make the changes we asked for like a wider track, maybe a bigger table top on the front straight.

There were some people who just came to check it out and said they will bring their Quads, Rhino's etc next time. It is not a great track for experienced dirtbike riders because it is an all purpose track for kids and everyone but I think it can grow if they listen to the riders and make the few changes we asked for. I had more fun here than I do at Glen Helen because here you really have to plan ahead and drive the corners. Plus it is a great work out. you dont have much time to rest except for the front straight.

The racing went pretty smooth. they dont have a pit announcer so you have to be ready for your race by watching which bikes are on the track. We got 2 practice sessions, a heat race and the main so it was well worth the $30.

TutTech
06-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Nice!
Now that is good to hear and I hope they are open to the changes.. as they took the time to come talk to you it sounds like they are.

And ya 30 bucks sounds like a great warm up deal to get people there and to get things started.
30 bucks for two practices and a main is a very decent price considering what other people charge... although not racing yet.. or not as professional yet.. but if they listen and improve it sounds great.

So this is going to be what an every Friday deal? Or just certain fridays?

Thanks again for giving us all this info its great to hear and pretty much a local track for me. Plus as I want to eventually take my car there, so good to know all the information your sharing.

Thank you and glad you had fun.

psychoholic
06-05-2011, 10:45 AM
The track is going to run every Friday night. I had so much fun I might run Friday at Victorville then Saturday at Glen Helen. I have a few guys from the Pilot/odyssey forum that want to come up on June 17th. I will keep everyone updated on the improvements they said they will make.

psychoholic
06-09-2011, 07:29 PM
Just FYI if anyone is planning on coming out to the Victorville track. Next weekend, June 18th and the weekend after they will be racing on Saturday nights.

QuadCartel
06-15-2011, 11:20 PM
Just FYI if anyone is planning on coming out to the Victorville track. Next weekend, June 18th and the weekend after they will be racing on Saturday nights.

Jeff,
Are you going again this weekend? Rory (RC51 Rhino)

psychoholic
06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Yes I am, I hope they let us use part of the big track like they said.

QuadCartel
06-16-2011, 09:52 PM
Yes I am, I hope they let us use part of the big track like they said.

That would be nice!

rusty-pilot
06-17-2011, 12:08 AM
What time does this start on saturday?

psychoholic
06-17-2011, 08:35 AM
The pits open at 5PM with Racing starting at 6..

psychoholic
06-21-2011, 10:12 PM
We had a good turn out last Saturday. I forgot my Camera but there are videos on youtube. We had 3 Pilots, 1 Oddysey and my Redline plus they had 5 UTVs that raced in their own race. They let us use part of the big oval too so it was a fast track this time. Hope some more people can make it for another race.

Chikin
06-21-2011, 11:45 PM
I forgot my Camera but there are videos on youtube.

Damm.... I will have to look it up on you tube .... Again DAMM

TutTech
06-22-2011, 10:04 AM
not to say I am lazy or anything but if anyone finds the links on youtube will you link or post for the rest of us lazy.. or I mean.. for the rest of us to see them... ;):D

Sounds awesome I can't wait to get my car done and bring it out.. just to have some fun and try it, it sounds like a great way to go test and have fun.

Thanks by the way for the updates each week really appreciate that and glad to see the numbers are growing also.
Very cool.

Oh also so who was running the fastest lap times? Do they actually have a winner etc. yet.. or still just for fun?

Thanks again

Chikin
06-22-2011, 10:05 AM
not to say I am lazy or anything but if anyone finds the links on youtube will you link or post for the rest of us lazy.. or I mean.. for the rest of us to see them... ;):D

I feel the same way... I am lazy too.. I didnt want to say that... But thats what I meant... HA [smilie=rofl.gif]

psychoholic
06-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Here are a few links. the first is unedited but good

YouTube - ‪3 Victorville Raceway honda pilots odyssey redline revolt main event 6 18 11‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3Ax0q_ZJCA&feature=feedlik)

YouTube - ‪Victorville Speedway. Main Heat Rusty Rollover‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgW8i7-fRow)

QuadCartel
06-22-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUNziGzEk4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixWe5LfLcDs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zfHEzpg7AA

HYPR
06-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Man that looks like fun! I can't wait until our car is finished! It's good that they have no classes because as most know we have no class!
Bob

TutTech
06-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Wow thanks a lot guys and that is a lot of them.. super cool. I will start checking them out now.. nice