PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic Fabrication - Not Happy

BigRed350x
05-20-2011, 12:29 PM
Placed an order on May 9th for two weld-in threaded rod ends, and my credit card was charged on the same day. On May 18th I hadn't received anything yet, so I sent them an email asking for a tracking number. The next day I get this reply...

"This has been packed up and waiting for usps to pick it up. For whatever reason something is holding it up. I will make sure it leaves on a UPS truck today."

If the items I have paid for have been packed up and ready to ship, then get your ass out of the office and go ship it! Over a week since they charged my card and they hadn't even shipped my order out yet.

So I sent a reply email again asking for a tracking number, and finally here it is 11 days after they charged my credit card they finially get the two measly rod ends I ordered in the mail. With this company being in Arizona and me living in Wyoming I should have received my parts that same week.

I won't be using Ballistic Fabrication ever again. If you are going to host a web site touting how big and fancy your shop is and how advanced your machinery is, then perhaps you should invest in a shipping account so you can actually get your products out to your customers.

Glad I didn't order anything more than 2 simple rod ends.

Glock n Ballz
05-21-2011, 09:03 AM
I've experienced similar delays with Dan's Performance Parts. every part I have ordered from there has been great. They are lazy and ship when they feel like though...guess that's why its not called Dan's performance shipping Dept...

..and if any of you out there know Dan personally feel free to forward this to him.

I will oreder from Dan again I am sure, but not if Im in a hurry.

plkracer
05-21-2011, 10:08 AM
Dan's has been slow for me also, but at most it takes a week to get stuff out the door. I used pacific customs on my order last week. I placed it saturday night around midnight, parts were shipped out early monday, and got to my house on thursday. I am very pleased with them. Some of their prices were below Dan's also.

I used ML Motorsports when I ordered bungs, and I bought QA1 heims from a company which doesn't sell them anymore.

BigRed350x
05-21-2011, 08:45 PM
The way I see it is this... you wouldn't go to the grocery store, pay for your items and have them wait to bag your items or let you pick them up from the store for almost 2 weeks... would you?

If I pay for an item, I expect it to get shipped out within 48hrs of them taking my money. I get so sick of these online companies taking your payment ASAP, then sitting on their ass and not sending out the goods for weeks. Its ridiculous and I make it a point to never do business with these sorts of companies ever again. This sort of thing is just bad business. There's no other way to put it.

Here's to you ballistic fabrication... [smilie=puke.gif][smilie=moon.gif]

Chikin
05-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Well I would say yeah to your rant. I am one of those people that say "How soon is now!"
But I take it Wyoming doesn't have many buggy parts shops there. But that being said I have bought stuff off the internet and hey most people are on top of it and get to the shipping Pronto... And have had some forget I paid them!! So I get it.... Now you know where not to order from.

I could give you 1000 places that ship fast. But at the least your not like Member "Fully" and have paid for a Carb and its been WEEKS and nothing.... He is emailing, working with pay pal I believe.. and The seller is also a member on this site...

It could have been worse Bigred... But glad you got the parts.

On the up side the world didnt explode today and were all alive.. So much for predictions national news!!!

dunerocket
05-23-2011, 03:32 PM
It is possible that the part you ordered was out of stock, and was not the next in line on the lathe.

I've ordered rod ends from them and get them 2 days later, but these are not parts they manufacture.

ttginc
05-23-2011, 03:55 PM
For what its worth, I've actually had decent service from Ballistic. I ordered a bunch of laser cut tabs. I didn't hear anything at all but within 5-6 days the box showed up. Two tabs were missing, one was 3/16" instead of 1/4", and another had some cutting defects. I emailed them with pictures of what they sent. I heard nothing from them at all; but like the first time, a week later the replacement parts showed up at no cost whatsoever.

That was enough for me to order from them again and I had zero issues the second time around.

BigRed350x
05-24-2011, 09:54 PM
It is possible that the part you ordered was out of stock, and was not the next in line on the lathe.

I've ordered rod ends from them and get them 2 days later, but these are not parts they manufacture.

Read the email I quoted in the first part of the page. The guy claims he had them boxed up and ready to go and blamed it on USPS. The rod ends finially showed up yesterday and the shipping date on package was the 19th. Plain and simple they should have got their ass out of the chair and sent the parts out once they took payment.

i wouldn't have had a problem if the parts were back-ordered, if they had let me know that's what the deal was, and had done so after taking my payment. Or even better, before taking my payment.

Their web site touts all the big process machinery they have and how big their shop is... I would expect they have rod ends on hand, or could produce them easily. I used to work in a machine shop and know how it all works...

dunerocket
05-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Placed an order on May 9th for two weld-in threaded rod ends, and my credit card was charged on the same day. On May 18th I hadn't received anything yet, so I sent them an email asking for a tracking number. The next day I get this reply...

"This has been packed up and waiting for usps to pick it up. For whatever reason something is holding it up. I will make sure it leaves on a UPS truck today."

If the items I have paid for have been packed up and ready to ship, then get your ass out of the office and go ship it! Over a week since they charged my card and they hadn't even shipped my order out yet.

So I sent a reply email again asking for a tracking number, and finally here it is 11 days after they charged my credit card they finially get the two measly rod ends I ordered in the mail. With this company being in Arizona and me living in Wyoming I should have received my parts that same week.

I won't be using Ballistic Fabrication ever again. If you are going to host a web site touting how big and fancy your shop is and how advanced your machinery is, then perhaps you should invest in a shipping account so you can actually get your products out to your customers.

Glad I didn't order anything more than 2 simple rod ends.

What is a weld in threaded rod end? Very strange sounding part to me. I can only imagine you mean a weld in threaded tube adapter.

Yes I did read it, however you did not specify when they told you it was packaged. It could have been packaged that morning. And shipped that night or next morning.

I'm sure you spoke to someone before you ordered your parts to be sure they'd arrive when you expected them? You normally buy plane tickets at the counter as well right? Wouldn't want to pay months in advance for a seat, that you may not even get.

Enter more QQ here.

Chikin
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
What is a weld in threaded rod end? Very strange sounding part to me. I can only imagine you mean a weld in threaded tube adapter.

threaded rod end>>>

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/chikin1974/images.jpg
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k5/chikin1974/images1.jpg

dunerocket
05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
The top picture is not a rod end. It is a threaded tub adapter. The rod end has the spherical bearing in it. I've never seen a weld in version of a rod end, not to say it doesn't exist.

HYPR
05-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Hmmm...I'm hoping that these two occurances are isolated instances since I have done business with both Dan's and Ballistic and so far no real issues. My last experiance with Dan's he didn't have a specific product I wanted in stock so I asked if he could arrange a drop ship from the manufacture since we are all three in SoCal. He did and the next day the order showed up. It did take about 3 days for the credit card charge to post but hey better to get the parts and wait for the charge to appear than the opposite right? I suppose this is because I have done a few orders with Dan and he knows I pay. He also sourced some parts he didn't normally stock and I had those at the same time the invoice posted so perhaps he was waiting until the complete order was shipped before he invoiced but either way I am happy with his service. Regarding Ballistic so far so good.
The best service I have seen is Kartek, I ordered some parts on Monday afternoon and it arrived Tuesday afternoon, can't beat that.
Bob

BigRed350x
05-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Hmmm...I'm hoping that these two occurances are isolated instances since I have done business with both Dan's and Ballistic and so far no real issues. My last experiance with Dan's he didn't have a specific product I wanted in stock so I asked if he could arrange a drop ship from the manufacture since we are all three in SoCal. He did and the next day the order showed up. It did take about 3 days for the credit card charge to post but hey better to get the parts and wait for the charge to appear than the opposite right? I suppose this is because I have done a few orders with Dan and he knows I pay. He also sourced some parts he didn't normally stock and I had those at the same time the invoice posted so perhaps he was waiting until the complete order was shipped before he invoiced but either way I am happy with his service. Regarding Ballistic so far so good.
The best service I have seen is Kartek, I ordered some parts on Monday afternoon and it arrived Tuesday afternoon, can't beat that.
Bob

I'll check out kartek... thanks man.

BigRed350x
05-25-2011, 07:53 PM

Yes I did read it, however you did not specify when they told you it was packaged. It could have been packaged that morning. And shipped that night or next morning.

I'm sure you spoke to someone before you ordered your parts to be sure they'd arrive when you expected them? You normally buy plane tickets at the counter as well right? Wouldn't want to pay months in advance for a seat, that you may not even get.

Enter more QQ here.

Yes, threaded tubing adaptor.

You shouldn't have to call and speak to someone prior to placing an order. that's the whole point of the internet and having an online store-front is so i don't have to use a phone to place my order.

I purchase all of my airline tickets online and check in directly at the gate when I fly. 9 flights in just the last 6 months and haven't ever had a single issue with getting the seats I pay for. Haven't purchased tickets at a counter in years.

The long and the short of it is that I will never use ballistic fabrication for anything ever again, and I will make my feelings about how they handle their online orders clear whenever someone mentions their name.

Glock n Ballz
05-26-2011, 04:42 AM
Bob

In the words of Kathrine Hepburn (with head shaking uncontrollably)
"Good for you"!

dunerocket
05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Yes, threaded tubing adaptor.

You shouldn't have to call and speak to someone prior to placing an order. that's the whole point of the internet and having an online store-front is so i don't have to use a phone to place my order.

I purchase all of my airline tickets online and check in directly at the gate when I fly. 9 flights in just the last 6 months and haven't ever had a single issue with getting the seats I pay for. Haven't purchased tickets at a counter in years.

The long and the short of it is that I will never use ballistic fabrication for anything ever again, and I will make my feelings about how they handle their online orders clear whenever someone mentions their name.

Last I checked the "whole point" of the internet is to share information, whether it be accurate or not is another matter, not so you don't need to use a phone to place an order.

So then you do not have a problem with paying for things long in advance of recieving them.

More QQ please [smilie=rolleyes.gi:

TutTech
05-27-2011, 08:38 AM
"Weldable Rod End"
WSE: Spherical Rod End, Weldable, Steel Race - Midwest Control Products Corp. (http://www.midwestcontrol.com/series.php?id=173)

I have had great luck with Pacific Customs... If something is back ordered or not in stock they don't charge me and email me usually within an hour or so of my order.
They are great for me.

Kartek goes without saying on how outstanding they are. But such great service comes with a price. I buy my racing gear and parts from them. Top notch stuff.. just expensive is all.

Mooreperformance
is great have my stuff in a week.

Kustom1
I order my spindle kits from.. never hear from them but spindles arrive in a week.

Speedpartz
is good but hit an miss on just how good.. if they have it in stock within a week.. if like a large sprocket etc.. maybe 2 to 2 and a half weeks.. so good but an email saying that is a special deal and takes longer wouldn't hurt.. just so I don't have to call or email and go hey did you get that order from me?? But for normal things like chains and regular stuff.. 1 week.

Protodie
Great member and buggy builder. I Emailed, Ordered and called him all in the same day to just double check everything.. he didn't mind and answered all my questions and was very helpful.. even with a custom set up I had it that following week as he said I would.

DougHeim
Another great member on the site that does side work. I asked him from his add if he could make me up something like 48 threaded bungs. He said sure he would make them that weekend and ship them first of the week.
They arrived that following week as he said they would.

I am sure there are more but that is some of my dealings.. and trying to be as honest as I can.
Sorry BigRed, I agree totally but I am at least glad you received your parts.
Also have you tried to call them and discuss this with them? Just to give them a heads up on how you feel and how you don't want to use them again because of this and see what they say?
I would. Never know it probably can't help you out much but it might just help the next person out after the hear back from you they might ship and take care of there shipping better.

Good topic guys, it helps keep others well informed.. Interesting to hear some people have no problems and others have some. But still good to know.
;)

jersdunz
05-27-2011, 12:54 PM
Doghouse repair shipping so fast you have to duck

HYPR
06-15-2011, 10:06 PM
BigRed, you are very welcome. Hey guys another vendor with super service and response is JAMAR. The front Hubs and brake kit I ordered from Dan's PErformance was drop shipped as I said super fast. The only issue I had was the caliper mounting bracket that came with the kit was set up for a different spindle set up than I have. I called JAMAR (now owned by Belt Drives LTD) and spoke with Don who understood exactly what my issue was. He said send the brackets back and he would replace them with the ones that would work for my application (well as close to my spindle size as they had in stock. I sent the originals out the next day and hed the replacements the following day. I was really impressed!
Well as luck would have it we messed up the install when we went to weld them on one slipped and...well short story it is wasted. I called Don and explained the problem and he said yep likely heat shrinkage issue (man clearly understands, not just a desk clerk!) and said he would have another set made up and ship out at their cost, how cool is that? BTW, said I should have them before the end of the week, again not bad for a part that is not in stock!
BTW, their product is really top notch stuff! I have built a lot of hot rods using Wilwood stuff and always happy with their product, this JAMAR stuff is right up there in quality of machining work especially when you look closely.
Bob