PDA

View Full Version : Badland Buggy first world YouTube Video release

badlandbuggy
05-15-2011, 02:18 AM
YouTube - Badland Buggy presents MEGALODON (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLE-8Q9SPQ4) (WARNING! Explicit lyrics in music)

We've been busy creating an all new buggy design, named "MEGALODON". Check out our new YouTube promo video.

This is the new off road vehicle we have designed specifically for the release of our the new modular bolt-on front & rear suspension systems, as mentioned in some of our other threads on minibuggy.net. More photos, videos & info coming up on our Facebook (Badland Buggy | Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/badlandbuggy)) & our Twitter feed (Badland Buggy (BadlandBuggy) on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/badlandbuggy))

We will be releasing full DIY construction plans for MEGALODON later this year. Plans will cost $74.99 & will be available for direct purchase on our website (Badland Buggy - Off Road Vehicles - Download Buggy Plans (http://www.badlandbuggy.com)). We will also be offering some kits & possible rolling chassis's for MEGALODON. If interested, contact us at info@badlandbuggy.com

Bruce
badlandbuggy.com

LEE1969GB
05-15-2011, 04:14 AM
Why put the wheel end of the rear bottom wishbone so close to the ground? will get caught up in ruts very easily.

Glock n Ballz
05-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Why put the wheel end of the rear bottom wishbone so close to the ground? will get caught up in ruts very easily.

Use full size tires...
Problem solved.

LEE1969GB
05-15-2011, 09:00 AM
Use full size tires...
Problem solved.

If only it were so simple, That will over gear it and is the transmission up to up to pulling bigger tyres, extra load on wheel bearings and messes up the suspension geometry.
I would think ground clearance would be one of the first things to get right when designing a buggy for off road use.

Bullnerd
05-15-2011, 09:10 AM
NOT a fan of the music choice,was watching it with 8 yr. daughter!

She likes solid modeling so I thought I would show it to her.

My bad,should have pre viewed it.

Glock n Ballz
05-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Oh i dont know about all that...Tire...sorry, tyre issue can be dealt with by changing sprockets..and how do you figure extra wear on wheel bearings? Because larger tires/wheels weigh more?? Bearing wear is a hard thing to quantify if you ask me. I dont intend on owning my buggy long enough to require a wheel bearing replacement. Think about it:my daily driver is a 07 Hyundai Sonata..Im pushing 90000 miles(144K KM) and I will likely never change wheel bearing because they simply (probably) will not require changing. Keep in mind I drive this car to work everyday...

Buggy wheel bearings (though on different terrain) wont see near the operational hours as my daily driver. Yes my buggy will be driven hard...very hard but not so hard as to make up the difference in time use. So I seriously doubt I'll ever wear out my wheel bearings.

All this is my humble opinion of course....and I could be wrong.

...but I could be right.

LEE1969GB
05-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Many FNR transmissions like the Quaife do not have chain and sprockets, Also I know the Quaife falls apart with atv tyres on so will not last long with full size tyres on (not sure what fnr this is designed to use) wheel bearings take a hammering when you slide the buggy in to a turn and especially if you hit a rut or berm hard and the taller the tyres the more leaverage it has on the bearings, not rocket science. I have replacem the honda jazz ones in my buggy a few times and it is only 3 years old.

It would be much better if the hub/wishbone had been designed for maximum clearance, thats what I did on my buggy.

LEE1969GB
05-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Have any of these buggys been built and endurance tested yet? and will it before plans go on sale?

nutnbolt2002
05-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I would like to know that to, but then again who's has?

Glock n Ballz
05-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I would like to know that to, but then again who's has?

Rick S's AR-51 is complete and being driven at Silver Lake as we speak...and this is not his first drive either.
His plans will be done very soon.

Krasch Design.

badlandbuggy
05-15-2011, 02:04 PM
Thanks for starting a discussion. Great to see comments already. We're currently building the full prototype MEGALODON buggy right now. Once completed & tested this summer we'll release DIY plans later this year.

Bruce
badlandbuggy.com

LEE1969GB
05-15-2011, 02:47 PM
I had many heated debates with rorty on this subject a few years ago, especially the fact that he did not make it clear to customers that the design had never even been built let alone driven or tested.

I hope it is a big improvement on the st2, I bought a part built (built to plans) st2 with official plans a while back but after looking at it for a while decided to sell it on without doing anything to it, the engineering design was very poor.

pintowagon
05-16-2011, 01:58 AM
I like the crazy look of this buggy. This front end looks like a cross breed of the st4 and the Ricks upgrade front end. If your telling us gear heads that this buggy will be tested prior to plans going on sale will we also see build pics, and test videos posted here?

Mr_Piona
05-16-2011, 05:56 AM
This video won't work in Poland and Germany because have some SME partners stuff

voodoochikin04
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
liked the video! love that song. its die mother f**ker by dope.

Binze
05-16-2011, 12:34 PM
This video won't work in Poland and Germany because have some SME partners stuff
Lithuania too :(

ErwinBnl
05-16-2011, 05:25 PM
I like the new design! I hope to see pictures of the building very soon;)

I also like the name you gave it.. did I gave you an bit of an tip after reading my post in the name-of topic?

Megalodon = shark = competitive to Barracuda (predator fish) :D

I hope so.. It would be cool haha ;)

Greetings,
Erwin

badlandbuggy
05-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Erwin, glad you like the name! Someone finally figured it out! :) Music choice was no accident either..... Erwin gets a free copy of MEGALODON plans when they're released.

badlandbuggy
05-17-2011, 11:30 AM
Lithuania too :(

Video won't work in some countries because of the music we used. "Die MF Die" by "Dope", check it out on iTunes, it's a great song if you like this kinda stuff, I'm a fan. It's very relaxing... lol. Some people may be offended but that's okay, my 15 year old kid loves this kinda music too, lol.

We've got some great music picked out for new videos when we release them. Any music requests/suggestions?

Bullnerd
05-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah,the sound of the running engine.

ErwinBnl
05-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Erwin, glad you like the name! Someone finally figured it out! :) Music choice was no accident either..... Erwin gets a free copy of MEGALODON plans when they're released.

Hahahaha!

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to see the plans!:D:cool:

daaboots
05-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Hahahaha!

Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to see the plans!:D:cool:

You lucky bugger.

Cool looking buggy. Few questions though, why not go with the RPM unit? Seems to be the most used FNR on this site. And could the front lower suspension mount be re-worked so that it didn't hang so low? Other than that, great looking buggy!! It's nice to see someone representing Canadian buggy builders :cool: Can't wait to see a build thread.

badlandbuggy
05-18-2011, 11:21 AM
You lucky bugger.

Cool looking buggy. Few questions though, why not go with the RPM unit? Seems to be the most used FNR on this site. And could the front lower suspension mount be re-worked so that it didn't hang so low? Other than that, great looking buggy!! It's nice to see someone representing Canadian buggy builders :cool: Can't wait to see a build thread.

Decided to go with the Jeffco reverse gearbox, after speaking with Shawn at Jeffco. Their unit is designed to accept a few different sprocket choices for varying the final gear ratios (as I'm sure the RPM unit does as well) which means different tire diameters can be used with correct gearing for each. Dimensionally, the Jeffco unit fit very well with what we have in mind for making the rear drive system a complete modular bolt-on system adaptable to just about any buggy type, chassis type, etc... which is where we are heading with all our designs eventually - modular suspensions/drive systems using different chassis styles. We're prototyping the MEGALODON chassis & a modified ST4 chassis to accept this new type of front/rear system. Then we have a 1 seat & a 2 seat version that people can build. Plus, the Jeffco unit is designed for high horsepower motorcycle engines with turbo, nice feature. We're expecting delivery of the 1st Jeffco unit tomorrow. Who knows, maybe we'll prototype with an RPM unit too? Will post pics.

Front suspension lower shock mounts are designed to accept a longer travel shock = longer wheel travel in the front end. Easily adaptable to a shorter shock, thus, you sacrifice some wheel travel for additional ground clearance. We went with the longer suspension travel for now.

All this takes time & a huge amount of money to invest (tens of thousands of dollars), so please be patient with build photos, but we'll certainly post on minibuggy.net, our Facebook page & Twitter as we progress. A new build thread is great idea. Thanks for the feedback.

badlandbuggy
05-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Another new badlandbuggy.com youtube video/photo compilation release showing just some of our past, present & ongoing buggy projects.

YouTube - ‪Badland Buggy presents Project Photos, vol 1‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsoXKj5OeKI)

Thanks for checking it out.

Bruce
badlandbuggy.com

piggery
05-30-2011, 12:08 PM
for all who can` t see the badland videos - try this
http://6.hidemyass.com/ip-1/encoded/Oi8vd3d3LnlvdXR1YmUuY29tLw%3D%3D

piggery
05-30-2011, 12:12 PM
you have to search you tube over the google link and then badland buggy megalodon at you tube then it works !

daaboots
05-31-2011, 07:51 AM
Cool video.

badlandbuggy
06-04-2011, 10:37 AM
The latest badlandbuggy.com youtube video/photo release showing some of the awesome buggies built by our customers. I'm betting some are MBN members. If you are a MBN member & your photo appears in our youtube video, tell us about your buggy by posting a reply.

YouTube - ‪Badland Buggy presents Customer Photos vol 1‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0SH8YDRCvo)