PDA

View Full Version : Confusion about drawning in ST2 Long Travel plans

ErwinBnl
01-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Hello,

I have a question.. in the Badland plans for the ST2 Long Travel on page A19, you find the description of how to place the TH bars. (eyebrows, front shock towers)

On that page you find a distance of 149mm or 5 7/8"

Does anyone know what this is for? I can't find it anywhere?
There is no bar or something at that position? What does it stand for?

Thanks for your help!

Erwin

Glock n Ballz
01-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Hello,

I have a question.. in the Badland plans for the ST2 Long Travel on page A19, you find the description of how to place the TH bars. (eyebrows, front shock towers)

On that page you find a distance of 149mm or 5 7/8"

Does anyone know what this is for? I can't find it anywhere?
There is no bar or something at that position? What does it stand for?

Thanks for your help!

Erwin

Good question..I couldn't figure that out either...Bruce, you wanna speak up here???

Curt
01-10-2011, 10:21 AM
how about the distance from the top of brace TW (Page A17) to the center of the eyebrow tube

ErwinBnl
01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
how about the distance from the top of brace TW (Page A17) to the center of the eyebrow tube

No it's not that...

The top of brace TW is on the same location as tube TX.. and that distance isn't right.. You also see it on the second picture..

badlandbuggy
01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Disregard that dimension (5-7/8"), not important. What's important is to reinforce the inside radius of the Tube TH with a Square Tube 3/4" x 3/4" x 0.065". The location of the square tube is centered in between the upper shock mounts (equally spaced either side of shock mounts). This distributes the load from the shocks back to the chassis frame.

Cheers,

Bruce
badlandbuggy.com

ErwinBnl
01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Thanks Bruce!

But what you're trying to say is that I need to reinforce both the TH tubes by placing a square tube between them?

Or just like the plans describe? Because that is the inside radius, am I correct?

Thanks,
Erwin