PDA

View Full Version : Size & Weight?

TutTech
12-27-2010, 12:24 PM
What's a fully set up race Side X Side weigh?
Counting safety fuel cell, etc. Don't have to count driver/passenger
But after it is fully caged, race shocks, arms, safety gear, spare tire etc.

Also what size are they after you add usually front and rear bumpers.
Just some FYI info if anyone has some info thats cool

Maybe wheel base and width to out side of tires if you have it and what size tires?
Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
:)

brick
02-03-2011, 01:06 AM
my rhino with a rc51 in it and basically everything else (gas, tires, blah blah,) im at about 1400. as for size. im not totally sure..

TutTech
02-04-2011, 11:43 AM
No worries thats a start thank you Brick.
I am building my mini buggy and wanted to know the sizes and weight..
At the races they run open rhinos like yours with the R1 etc. So I was wondering what my weight will be compared to them etc. And size like length over all or even wheel base and width is.

1400 is what I was thinking.. ok.. that's around my thoughts so I hope I am not to far off.

Well cool thank you very much I appreciate that info.
;):)

drewzerr1
02-14-2011, 06:11 PM
I am building a rhino buggy with an R1 motor also. If u guys could help me out with a cv to cv measurement that would help me out a ton. I am using rhino rear axles with a proto die rear carrier but Jody needs a cv to cv measurement to know how wide to make the carrier. Would greatly appreciate it...thanks

Wild Earp
02-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Short course UTVs run 1400 with Driver. Some actually add weight to make this number. My car, which is a pretty heavy car since it was built for desert, came in at 1460 without driver at the one short course race I did. I never weighed it in desert trim (spares/tools/lights etc).

TutTech
02-16-2011, 08:36 AM
Short course UTVs run 1400 with Driver. Some actually add weight to make this number. My car, which is a pretty heavy car since it was built for desert, came in at 1460 without driver at the one short course race I did. I never weighed it in desert trim (spares/tools/lights etc).

Ok awesome thank you!
You happen to know any of your measurements? Over all front bumper to back bumper size? Width to outside of tires? Wheel base? Width of your cab for you and passenger at widest point.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again Wild Earp.

SCEADU
02-23-2011, 08:33 PM
Here ya go TUT

2011 Polaris RANGER RZR XP 900 Side By Side : Specs (http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/atv-ranger/2011/side-by-side-vehicles/ranger-rzr-xp-900/pages/specifications.aspx)

TutTech
02-24-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks SCEADU,
I have seen the stock specs but I was wondering after the beefy long travel kits are put on and I know some of those move the wheel base both forward on front and back on the rear to give more wheelbase etc. plus more cage work, fuel cell, safety gear, etc. what are they weighing and stuff.
Plus the wider a arm and suspension kits and aftermarket rims and tires whats their width and front and back cages and bumpers how big are they now.. etc. Just getting a feel for them. I have been out to the races now so I have been checking them out so I now know pretty much what they are and doing.

But thank you and the stock is a great starting point.
I am hoping I come in at the weight of a stock utv but I want to be race ready at that weight.
(Minus me and a spare or tools.. etc. A dry weight)
I am ok being a little on the heavy side to be built tough but I don't want a tank either.

Well cool thanks.