PDA

View Full Version : Elka Shocks

Vegas Rider
11-30-2010, 03:16 AM
Could someone please tell me the difference between Stage 1, 2, 3, 4. I do not have long travel but want a nice ride because of back problems.

amergin
11-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Stage 1: Basic shock, no rezzy, non adjustable.
Stage 2: Basic shock, with rezzy, non adjustable.
Stage 3: Shock, with rezzy, compression and rebound adjustable.
Stage 4: Shock, with rezzy, compression and rebound adjustable, high and low speed compression adjustable.

Stage 4 was labled as their Extreme series or something when they first came out. I have a set of those for my YFZ450. The high and low speed settings are nice. Putting around, low speed settings help smooth out the ride some. When you do decide to get on it, the high speed setting kicks in.

Chikin
12-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Stage 1: Basic shock, no rezzy, non adjustable.
Stage 2: Basic shock, with rezzy, non adjustable.
Stage 3: Shock, with rezzy, compression and rebound adjustable.
Stage 4: Shock, with rezzy, compression and rebound adjustable, high and low speed compression adjustable.

Stage 4 was labled as their Extreme series or something when they first came out. I have a set of those for my YFZ450. The high and low speed settings are nice. Putting around, low speed settings help smooth out the ride some. When you do decide to get on it, the high speed setting kicks in.

So its
Stage 1: good price
Stage 2: Medium pricing
Stage 3: Competitive pricing
Stage 4: Hold on to your wallet but well worth it in the long run!! [smilie=gun_chair.g: