PDA

View Full Version : beware of oddatv1

SLICK WILLY
03-06-2010, 04:06 PM
guys i was wrong and im here to make it right the stator i bought from ebay didnt come from oddatv1 my uncle opened both packages when they came because he thought they were for him and put the stator in the box with the stuff from oddatv1 and didnt say anything to me i just found this out today. that is why i thought the stator came from him because they were in the same box. my mistake and i accept full responsibility

PORKCHOP
03-06-2010, 08:41 PM
ITS TO BAD PEOPLE ARE LIKE THAT !THEY PUT IT ON THERE EXPECTING TOP DOLLAR AND ITS JUNK. HERE GUYS LIKE YOU SPEND HARD EARNED MONEY ON AND WAIST YOUR TIME MESSING WITH IT TRYING TO GET YOUR SHIP TO RUN! AND HAVE TO TAKE IT ALL BACK APART AND START OVER COST TIME AND MONEY NOT TO MENTION THE AGGRAVATION......! ITS BULLSHIP ...![smilie=gun_bash.gi:MAKES YOU WANT TO GO FIND THEM...!

SLICK WILLY
03-07-2010, 07:19 AM
ok everybody it turns out he had me confused with another person. and in the last two emails he is willing to do what ever it takes to make it right! so atleast he is trying to make it right.:D

SLICK WILLY
03-11-2010, 09:54 AM
ok guys here is the latest i sent the stator coil back to this guy he told me he would check it and if it was bad he would send me a new one.he emails me yesterday and told me i didnt get the part from him and he wasent replacing it so i told him not to worry about it i was planning a trip to new york this summer anyway i would see him then.he emails me back saying i was threating him he was going to turn my emails over to the cops. bottom line is this guy is a idiot never deal with him! whats funny is i didnt even threaten him. oh well chalk it up as a lesson learned:mad:

nutz4sand
03-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Did you already leave him positive feedback? Ding the ashhole. They cannot leave neg feedback on buyers anymore so make use of that!

Heck he sells a LOT of items on there. (i.e. he NEEDS ebay to do what he does) If a buncha yer friends bought lil cheap stuff and left him negative stars it would cost him more of a fortune that it already does to sell on there. Negative stars make their cost go way up and their shit be put farther down in searches.

You can literally push a good seller off ebay with little effort anymore.

Heck I have like 900 all positive feedback but I hate to sell on it due to ashole buyers who cause trouble.

But if this guy deserves it then by all means serve it up!

nutz4sand
03-11-2010, 10:25 AM
Even have your friends buy things you can use like bulbs and or filters cheap for the machine you have. Or gasket sets. Stuff you will use anyways. Then ding the jerk for each item.

nutz4sand
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Don't do no three or four stars either. Hit em with onesies! trust me. Go check this out. It WILL REALLY cut into his profits.

I do gotta ask how you know the stator was bad though. He claims to test them all and being you are having issues with your machine I would not want to ding him if he had not done yah wrong.

I seem to think you mentioned it in another psot BUT I am still suffering from a three day cold and still have a siuns headache from hell so thinking hurts more than usual today.

yoshi
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM
Just to play devils advocate. Admitting that he could have possible sent a bad stator is a good way to legally hold him to possibly replacing it, therefore I wouldn't admit it. Unless you signed something saying you were buying the used part as is (which is pretty much understood by the buyer in the first place), he is just covering himself legally.

As far as you saying you would be making a trip up there and would see him then, I would take that as a threat......

SLICK WILLY
03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
hey guys the part was a new unused part he buys them from a vendor so he really dont have any control over what kind of quality part he is selling and i told him i understand this but when he smarts off to me and tells me i didnt buy it from him and i have the invoice were i did that makes me mad! heres the email you guys read it and see if im the problem just come on over

--- On Thu, 3/11/10, brian lawson <face_grinder_28@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: stator
To: "Joseph Lazzaro" <jjlazzaro@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 11:59 AM

sorry bro i beat you to it i turned all the email over to the district attorney here in tn before i sent the part back to you because i knew you were going to do this! you have also been turned into the better buisness bureau as well as ebay for running scams on people

--- On Thu, 3/11/10, Joseph Lazzaro <jjlazzaro@yahoo.com> wrote:

To: "brian lawson" <face_grinder_28@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, March 11, 2010, 8:57 AM

you could have gotten my card anywhere-- show me the invoice--and go @@@@ yourself im fowarding all your emails to the police and your dune buggy website and come on down douche bag i will be waiting--anyone in thier right mind wouldnt threaten someone over 20 bucks--so @@@@ you

--- On Wed, 3/10/10, brian lawson <face_grinder_28@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 8:59 PM

how the hell did i get your buisness card you sent two with your junk you sold me! dont worry about it but i am going to keep your buisness card because im planning a trip to newyork this summer anyway we will see you soon!

--- On Wed, 3/10/10, Joseph Lazzaro <jjlazzaro@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 6:16 PM

DONT BOTHER, YOU DIDNT BUY THAT COIL FROM ME AND, IT WAS SOLDERED INCORRECTLY--(OVERHEATED) AND THATS NOT MY BOX IF YOU CAN FIND THE INVOICE AND I AM WRONG--LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT--JOE

--- On Wed, 3/10/10, brian lawson <face_grinder_28@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 7:12 PM

i will get it for you tomorrow

--- On Wed, 3/10/10, Joseph Lazzaro <jjlazzaro@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 8:28 AM

ok, whats his ebay name? did he buy it thru ebay?

--- On Tue, 3/9/10, brian lawson <face_grinder_28@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 9:26 PM

hey joe i had him look for it and he said he cant find it he might have deleted it or something i do know it was the 1 or 2 week in janurary.he name is elbert dennis jones he ordered it for me it was sent to robbins tn hope this helps

--- On Mon, 3/8/10, Joseph Lazzaro <jjlazzaro@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 4:14 PM

if you can email me the ppal transaction --so i dont have to go crazy looking for it

--- On Mon, 3/8/10, brian lawson <face_grinder_28@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Monday, March 8, 2010, 2:04 PM

i sent it this morning in a post office envelope if it is bad let me know and i will just buy another one from you and dont worry about the shipping it wasent that much

--- On Sun, 3/7/10, Joseph Lazzaro <jjlazzaro@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Sunday, March 7, 2010, 8:08 AM

brian, i had you mixed up with another customer--send it back, i will pay the shipping--i will test it on my test stand--if it is bad i will replace it---i have a guy named brian who has the number 28 in his email, and i thought you were him...--- when your ready send it with tracking, let me know how much it cost to ship, and i will paypal you the money--no problem---ok?---joe

--- On Sat, 3/6/10, brian lawson <face_grinder_28@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 10:11 PM

joe dont worry about it whats done is done! i was reaching out to you for info on my problem because you have obviously have worked on "odysseys" more than i have even though they are the same as every other 2 stroke i have worked on before.i didnt have my ebay account set up at the time so i had my cousin to buy them from you for me i ordered 2 crank seals 2 crank bearings and a stator. they were ordered by dennis jones in robbins tn. i recieved every thing i ordered plus a crankcase gasket. im not going to send it back it was only 16 dollars the only reason for the email to you from me was if you thought the stator was bad i was going to order another one from you and try it and i thought it might have got mixed up with a diffrent stator by accident. we are only human and shit happens sometimes.i also know you have no control over the quality of some of the parts you sell because they are bought from suppliers and theres usually no return on electrical parts period if its for a car or atv or bike and as for leaving bad feedback and trying to hurt your buisness im not going to do it we are in the middle of some hard times and we all have to feed our families! and i dont want to take someones living from them.

--- On Sat, 3/6/10, Joseph Lazzaro <jjlazzaro@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 6:56 PM

send me the info from the paypal payment--so i can look into it

Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 6:32 PM

i have all ready started

Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 5:18 PM

no need to get nasty---you will be the first to think my practices are shitty--the add says no returns on electrical--as far as badmouthing me--do what you must

Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 5:55 PM

no im not the one who didnt know how to mount my fenders im not sure were you got that? and for your info i am a ase certified master mechanic "for automobiles" and "i car gold" certified auto body technician.and working on atv and bikes is a hobby of mine! you are not talking to some kid i have been working on this stuff for 25 years! i wanted to give you the chance to make things right not by replacing the stator but by just simply saying it is a bad stator.and since you refuse to be polite and only want to put someone down i will make it my personal quest to run you completly out of buisness by any means neccesary! im a senior member of minibuggy.net (http://minibuggy.net) and everyone will be notified of you shitty business practices thank you for responding this time since last time you only blew me off.have a very very nice day

Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 2:36 PM

brian first off the coils arent the same the spacing between the screw heads on the earlir ones is different they dont know shit 2nd arent you the guy that didnt know how the fender brackets mounted to your odyssey? maybe you shouldnt be working on your odyssey i do not mean to offend you, but there are no returns on my new stators you bought a new stator for a 81-84 fl250 odyssey with cdi ignition--thats what i sold you--i dont know what the condition of your wiring is or what you have done---so i cannot help you

Subject: stator
To: jjlazzaro@yahoo.com
Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 3:26 PM

hey joe i contacted j&m atv supply and they told me this stator coil is the same for 1977 thru 1984 and it didnt matter if it had points or cdi what do you think? im just trying to figure out what my problem is i dont know if this stator is bad or if i have other problems i do know it refused to run with the stator i got from you thanks for any help or suggestions

SLICK WILLY
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
you have to start reading from the bottom and i dont know how the email got so big sorry and to answer your question nutz it wouldnt idle or run period when you tried to accelerate it would backfire and quit. i took it out and put the old one back in and it quit doing that

SLICK WILLY
03-11-2010, 01:52 PM
oh yea at the end of my post it says just come on over that was the last thing he sent me i dont know how it got at the end of my post must have been when i pasted it

manco12
03-12-2010, 10:10 PM
SICK WILLY, are you sure you are not mistaken? He gave me proof that you did not buy it from him.

SLICK WILLY
03-13-2010, 10:09 AM
im not going to get into a pissing contest about it! i recieved all the parts in the same package with the same invoice! so unless someone else put thier stator in joes package with his bearings and seals (which i seriously doubt) it came from him! end of story im tired of dealing with it :mad:

millbilly
03-14-2010, 05:41 AM
A BAD Stator will still test good. Why????

yoshi
03-14-2010, 08:24 AM
He was still willing to work with you and admit he could be wrong if you could just show him the invoice that you ordered that part from him. Judging by his replies, and you not purchasing the part through a paypal account with your name on it, he obviously had doubts if you bought it from him, which is understandable, it's not like he knew you.

DONT BOTHER, YOU DIDNT BUY THAT COIL FROM ME AND, IT WAS SOLDERED INCORRECTLY--(OVERHEATED) AND THATS NOT MY BOX IF YOU CAN FIND THE INVOICE AND I AM WRONG--LET ME KNOW AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF IT--JOE

I think your reply could not be taken any other was but as a threat, and it would have p*ssed me off too......:

how the hell did i get your business card you sent two with your junk you sold me! don't worry about it but i am going to keep your business card because im planning a trip to New York this summer anyway we will see you soon!

Although he started off pissy, he apologized and was just wanting to see an invoice that you purchased it from him. You threatening him was not a correct response, and puts you in the wrong... IMO

yoshi
03-14-2010, 08:37 AM
You have to be very careful when you reply to people, especially when your upset. I gave a guy $2,650 for an 8 foot shear over 4 months ago. The deal fell through within 5 days (his partner sold the shear to someone else), and I was told I would get my money back. He has been giving me the run around for over 4 months now. I've been talking with him through e-mails, but have never threatened him or cursed at him. I just recently started threatening legal actions, but I did it in a very professional manner, even adding that I did not want to go to court over the matter, and it would ultimately end up costing him more, but was left with no other choice.

Anything you say can be used against you, and my rule of thumb in any e-mail I write to someone (or on the phone since I know some people record conversations), whether it's on good terms or bad terms, is how will this look for me if it's read back in court. You have to think about that when you reply to people, because you did threaten him.....

SLICK WILLY
03-14-2010, 04:02 PM
i guess you are right i lost it a little bit

masternate
03-14-2010, 08:26 PM
"how the hell did i get your business card you sent two with your junk you sold me! don't worry about it but i am going to keep your business card because im planning a trip to New York this summer anyway we will see you soon!"

May be just me...but that does not sound like a threat :S....it could be that you just would rather swing past his place of business and figure it out in person.

That is the same reason that I will not deal through email or text. It is SOOOO hard to tell what the other person means. Tone of VOICE is real easy to tell...tone of TEXT is not.

good luck with the situation.

oddatv1
04-25-2010, 05:31 PM
now you know the truth--he never bought it from me

manco12
05-01-2010, 04:20 PM
now you know the truth--he never bought it from me
Hello oddatv1,
I appreciate you leaving me out of this. I am the guy who sent you the emails. You also have to be careful what you say though. When I read your email I was like "did he just say that to me?"

Anyway, I would be angry too. Maybe not that angry though.

LiveWire
05-06-2010, 11:24 AM
I think the mods should delete everything except Slick Willy's first post explaining the misunderstanding. I saw this post come up in the recently changed. If I did not go back to the first post to read the edit, I would not understand that oddatv1 was not even involved. The title of the first post should be changed as well because that is all anyone sees in the updated post list if not going into the thread.