PDA

View Full Version : new diesel UTV???

12flylow
03-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Has anyone drove one of theses?

diesel atv;diesel muv;diesel mini jeep truck - FARMING VEHICLE ( UTV ) - Product Catalog - EEC ,EPA ,DOT,CE :MOTORCYCLE,SCOOTER ,MOPED,GO KART,UTV,ATV,JETSKI ,WATERCRAFT,QUADS,DIRTBIKE,SIDE BY SIDE,DUNEBUGGY (http://www.tangsunmotor.net/sdp/394150/4/pd-2064716/6303300-1034938/diesel_atv_diesel_muv_diesel_mini_jeep_truck.html# normal_img)

I don't know the performance or anything but being a little turbo diesel i am sure this thing has some root pulling guts. I never could find a price for one, kinda thinking about it for a farm vehicle?

nutz4sand
03-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Welcome to the site.

I dunno about those but Kubota makes some diesel side by sides if you wanna know your buying a decent machine. It will likey be a bit more loot but the extra inital cost might be lots cheaper in the long run.

Dezzrats
03-03-2010, 08:42 PM
1800cc VW (looks like Jetta or Golf) powered sand buggy looked cool
I was realy checking this site out until I found this:

Company Address :FLOOR 12 No. 324 Tianmuzhong Road Shanghai P.R.China

I wanted to see Japan. [smilie=dunno.gif]

diirk
03-03-2010, 09:08 PM
I've driven the Kubota diesel, it's pretty cool and has a ton of power, but no top end and pretty much sucks offroad. It weighs a ton compared to the typical SxS's. Tow's like a MoFo though.

12flylow
03-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Yea i have been wanting a High performance diesl Quad/ motorcycle but realy want a side by side. I read an article about a company in sweeden which made a diesel super bike. I think called the thunderstar?? From what i understand they took a VW lupo 1.2 and got 90hp and 120ftlb on low bost and 120hp 230ftb on high boost with very good mpg's. The bike only wieghed 205kg.

If i could only get my hands on on a motor like this i think i would build my dream buggie.

Shmeefer
03-04-2010, 05:11 PM
A guy on the Locost board built a Locost (Lotus 7 replica) with a small diesel tractor engine and entered it in the X Prize. I think he got 70-80mpg and it was a spirited driver.

nutz4sand
03-04-2010, 05:14 PM
The VW diesels always ran good. You also want a little larger machine with 4x4 for the woods to be able to haul thing on the butt end.

Might consider a little older VW diesel out of a Rabbit of Jetta and turn the motor and tranny sideways and feed it into diffs front and rear for 4x4. One could either weld the center diff for full time 4x4 or make an external coupler to lock the center diff. But it would be pretty cost effective and haul the mail.

The older rabbit desiels can be gotten reasonable and you could even use the automatic tranny as I do not think they had much electronics in the old days. Be eaiser to incorporate.

Shmeefer
03-04-2010, 10:10 PM
Here it is... Kinetic Vehicles (http://www.kineticvehicles.com/), uses a 1100cc Kubota turbodiesel. Probably not very cheap but still cool.

12flylow
03-05-2010, 10:25 AM
The thing about in America is the fact we use diesel only in a heavy duty setting, so the engines are huge and weigh a ton. Can't find all the small TDI engine's like in Europe. THe only problem with this is getting what you need to make sure the engine will run you almost need to import a running car. But still if you need a part you can't just got the local parts store, you would have to get it imported as well.

Yanmar has developed a compact Turbo Common rail diesel but i have not been able to find a price or where to even purchase it. I do not think the sel direct to the public.

valsdrac
10-30-2010, 11:04 PM
Check out www.surpluscenter.com (http://www.surpluscenter.com) they have diesel engnes and all kinds of things for a great build [smilie=ecstatic.gi: