PDA

View Full Version : Turbo in Revolt XL

sandracer1
02-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Well, it is on its way to Wasteland Performance to have the turbo put on. Left with 72hp, will return with 130hp. I can not wait too step on it!![smilie=non_banana2:

Gene
02-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Watch out R1 Rhino's!

Dezzrats
02-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Do they do anything to the drive line (CVTFNR) to handle the new power? Is it needed?

8 ball
03-01-2010, 09:51 AM
This post will need some befor and after photos[smilie=jumping.gif]

sandracer1
03-02-2010, 06:28 AM
Do they do anything to the drive line (CVTFNR) to handle the new power? Is it needed?

I have been told and asured that the trans will hold the power. Time will tell!!

sandracer1
03-02-2010, 06:30 AM
This post will need some befor and after photos[smilie=jumping.gif]

I have the befores, and the afters will be posted as soon as I get it back.[smilie=drool.gif]

bdkw1
03-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Now that sounds like fun!

sodman
03-12-2010, 07:49 PM
Sandracer how long before you get the revolt back it should make for a very interesting up grade double the horses WOW . Hey man just try to keep it on all fours OK "just given ya a hard time" . Post up some pics and videos when you get back from the shop.
Later Sodman

sandracer1
03-14-2010, 04:08 PM
Hopefully it is done by the end of this week. And shipping back the following week. And then it will rain that next weekend. So my goal is early to mid April before I drive it. As for rollin over, I am hoping to have enough to break them loose and slide instead of grabbing and rolling. But it probably won't be the last time either. Hows the build going?

sodman
03-15-2010, 07:12 AM
The build 's not going yet still working on this old house and trying to get equipment up and running it will be early this year if this weather keeps up. Thing are starting to dry up ,still some frost in the fields behinded home but with highs around 40 & 50 degrees it will come fast. Oh ya and friggin around with the new lathe and the the days go by to fast. Things will have to get really busy before I take on a another buggy project LOL I work better under pressure HA
Good luck with the revolt when you get it back
Later Blair

nitris223
03-24-2010, 02:30 PM
That's the same engine that Polaris uses in there 4 stroke sleds. 80 hp naturally aspirated or 140 hp with turbo. One of the engines I really want but in order to get my build going sooner I am looking for a 700 2 stroke. Jetting done right and stock pipe unaltered I should be able to get 130hp out of it.

sandracer1
03-24-2010, 04:20 PM
That's the same engine that Polaris uses in there 4 stroke sleds. 80 hp naturally aspirated or 140 hp with turbo. One of the engines I really want but in order to get my build going sooner I am looking for a 700 2 stroke. Jetting done right and stock pipe unaltered I should be able to get 130hp out of it.

Is the 700 2 stroke a sled motor?

nitris223
03-24-2010, 06:23 PM
Is the 700 2 stroke a sled motor?

The one I plan on using is a sled motor with power valves. Sleds from 2003 - 2006 model year and has electronic reverse.

sodman
03-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Todd here's a couple pictures of a Polaris Liberty 700 2 stroke still in the sled . It sounds like we're both looking at using the same power plant nitris223 liked the pics of that ST2 with the 800 in it I'm begining to think that maybe the exhaust might not be as huge a problem as I thought. 2005 XC 700 with a PERC "Polaris Electonic Reverse Control"18430

Blair

nitris223
03-24-2010, 10:55 PM
Sodman. I am thinking the same thing about the exhaust problem. Looks quite do able to me. I think I would make the engine bay a little longer and shorten the front clip on the badlands design. keeping the overall length the same. Now I just have to find one with electric start. Still undecided on what plans I am going to get. I like the Cheetah , panther and the Cuda. Maybe I can combine all three and call it a CHEPANDA.

sodman
03-25-2010, 06:10 AM
Sorry Sandracer1 getting a little off topic here . Talk to later any word on the return date of the revolt
Blair

sandracer1
03-27-2010, 04:07 PM
I was hoping to hear from him on the 26th, but did not. I would rather it take a little longer and be perfect than rush it and have problems. But, it is killin me waiting for it!!!!

sandracer1
04-09-2010, 09:54 PM
It's back and on it's first ride tomorrow at St. Joe Park. No boost valve right now it's on back order so I get to start out with 100hp. That 30 extra hp makes a big difference alone. I have never had a turbo on anything, it was wild to see it glow cherry red. I will post pics and a vid soon. Probably in the show off your toys thread. I will see if I can keep it off the roof this time.

litespeed
04-10-2010, 09:54 PM
I was just there today with the RZR forums.net guys. Bike Mike had his Wasteland 130 hp RZR-4 but broke some of the brackets and went to get them fixed. I would have really liked to see what 130hp would feel like. My Drakart was really freaking fast with just 110hp.

Have fun.

Tom

sandracer1
04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
I was just there today with the RZR forums.net guys. Bike Mike had his Wasteland 130 hp RZR-4 but broke some of the brackets and went to get them fixed. I would have really liked to see what 130hp would feel like. My Drakart was really freaking fast with just 110hp.

Have fun.

Tom

You will have to let me know when you head down there again. It would be a blast to run around with another fast buggy. My friends can't keep up through the rough stuff. Do you live close to the park? You are talking MO right? It was fast with 100hp 130 is going to be a blur. I have to work on clutchingnow. Did you run paddles on either of the machines? If so how many? and what kind? That stuff isn't really sand you know.

sandracer1
04-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Heres the pics for those of you interested. 6 hours break-in done, boost valve goes on now.

litespeed
04-11-2010, 02:25 PM
You will have to let me know when you head down there again. It would be a blast to run around with another fast buggy. My friends can't keep up through the rough stuff. Do you live close to the park? You are talking MO right? It was fast with 100hp 130 is going to be a blur. I have to work on clutchingnow. Did you run paddles on either of the machines? If so how many? and what kind? That stuff isn't really sand you know.

No one ran paddles. They are only fun for straight runs at St. Joes in my opinion. I only ran them once with the Drak. If you run in the wet areas you don't need to mess with them. I sold my Drak and only have the RZR now. It isn't fast but is actually more fun in the trails. It's a freaking mountain goat.

Wish I still had the Drak cause going fast is a hoot. Hitting the whoops at 80 to 90 mph freaked all the so called fast guys out.

I'd like to check yours out some time because if the housing market picks back up (fingers crossed!) I may entertain doing the Weber swap on my RZR or getting another single seat car like yours.

Tom

sandracer1
04-11-2010, 02:37 PM
No one ran paddles. They are only fun for straight runs at St. Joes in my opinion. I only ran them once with the Drak. If you run in the wet areas you don't need to mess with them. I sold my Drak and only have the RZR now. It isn't fast but is actually more fun in the trails. It's a freaking mountain goat.

Wish I still had the Drak cause going fast is a hoot. Hitting the whoops at 80 to 90 mph freaked all the so called fast guys out.

I'd like to check yours out some time because if the housing market picks back up (fingers crossed!) I may entertain doing the Weber swap on my RZR or getting another single seat car like yours.

Tom

Yeah, I freaked some guys out yesterday blasting through the woops I guess maybe 50 60, I do not know. Felt like 100 to me. I need the paddles to help me hook up and stay off the rev limiter. I like to drag race down there and they HATE to get beat by a little red buggy. It does good in the trails just have to watch the width and make a new trail every once in awhile. Let me know when you will be out this way.

sodman
04-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Glad to see you've got it back sooo did the 30more horses make a big difference if it did 30 more should be awsome . Post up some vids when you get the boost going and please try to keep it on the tires and not the roof . I got stop giving you hard time about that Todd . Congrates again for getting it back and can't wait for some vids plus warmer weather is on the way
Later Blair

sandracer1
04-11-2010, 09:24 PM
It is going to be more than enough to get me in trouble. And it is already warmer here. Did not come a day too early either.

8 ball
04-11-2010, 09:39 PM
congrates[smilie=jumping.gif] It looks like a nice install. bet you're stoked!!
I'm sure jellous

sandracer1
04-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Here is a vid of test day. Sorry it sucks, but all I have for now. The last half is running around about a half mile track. Clutching is WAY OFF. On the rev limiter from the drop of the throttle all the way through the gears. I will post another later.
YouTube - Redline Revolt Turbo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFn57X3LpKg)

litespeed
04-15-2010, 10:47 AM
That sux. I never had a quad or motorcycle get more than half a car length on me at the start unless it was in the fluffy sand. I'd pass all of them by 100 to 150 feet with the Drak. I miss that...always being first. Since you have a analog tach your clutching should be pretty easy to set up. Does Queen or Wasteland, forgot who did the upgrade, give you a dyno sheet to clutch to or is it seat of pants tuning?

Tom

odypilots
04-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Tom, had your 600 Rotax had any work done to it? I was at a sand drag strip with my pure stock 600 Rotax, and I couldn't hang with the built up quads. Plus, the gearing of the Pilot trans should have an advantage in acceleration over the gearing of the Drakart trans.

sandracer1
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
That sux. I never had a quad or motorcycle get more than half a car length on me at the start unless it was in the fluffy sand. I'd pass all of them by 100 to 150 feet with the Drak. I miss that...always being first. Since you have a analog tach your clutching should be pretty easy to set up. Does Queen or Wasteland, forgot who did the upgrade, give you a dyno sheet to clutch to or is it seat of pants tuning?

Tom

Yeah, Like I said clutching is WAY OFF. Not putting the power to the ground. BUT, when I show up next time they will be expecting me to be a pooch and then, surprise, where the hell did he go!!! That is what I am anticipating anyway. I have my adjustable weight set on order now. Should only be a couple of weeks. Plus the 12 paddle Scat-Traks in about 3 weeks. I am figuring I will have a hard time keeping the front wheels on the ground. Wasteland did the upgrade and he is sending me the program and will be helping me tune it. With the weight set though I will start by the sat of my pants. I figure I will start about 60 grams. Stock is 37 grams.

litespeed
04-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Tom, had your 600 Rotax had any work done to it? I was at a sand drag strip with my pure stock 600 Rotax, and I couldn't hang with the built up quads. Plus, the gearing of the Pilot trans should have an advantage in acceleration over the gearing of the Drakart trans.

No, the motor was completely stock minus what ever Alain would do to them. I think he just changed out the stock carbs and added the custom pipe. I put the TRA III clutch and Aaen rollor secondary clutch kit with steeper helix. Other than that.....

I disagree with the trans comment. I think it's too low of gearing and lights the rear end up too fast. I believe that Alain had it right with the high geared tranny. So many claimed it was too tall of gearing yet it smoked everything off the line and on top end. Hard to argue with that. When we raced both of my carbs where gummed up and the main jets was blocked. When I gave it about 1/2 throttle the engine would bog. I know you were also having engine problems (don't remember what it was.) but I was still able to smoke you off the line. My Drak also smoked Dennis's 670 pilot like no bodies business but I don't really remember his set-up that well. I technically was only beaten one time at St. Joes. I went riding that day and ate one of my rear aluminum rims while running the holeshots, lug nuts came loose and really tore it up. I had my sand tires and wasn't using them so I swapped the rims out. About mid day I see a bunch of guys dragging in the fluffy stuff so I line up to. We go and this DS650 Baja was kicking some butt. He'd get me off the line and then about the time that I'd catch him he would shut it down. We went about 5 times and then he stopped. He had a 20 or 30 hp nitrous set-up on his ride and those snow/sand tires. I said lets run another 100 feet or so so I can throw some sand in your face! He told me he only races 300 feet and that's all he runs. For my cars honor I should have went and changed tires and put the paddles on the rim but I was too lazy and wanted to ride. Later that day a bunch went over and was dragging in the wet stuff. I was actually able to get the front wheels off the ground and smoked everyone there. Every quad, motorcycle and VW buggy. That guy on the DS650 came and watched and would never run me. After awhile he just went back and loaded up. I called that a win in my book.

Now that riding season is here I'm really regretting selling that thing. The guy who bought it from down under told me he has been bench racing since I put it on the truck. After some 3 months it shows up, he gasses it up and smoked a 1000cc rage buggy and a 900cc something. Even though I no longer have it I'll live vicariously through him and still kick some serious butt!

Tom

sandracer1
04-15-2010, 08:58 PM

Tom

Tom,
Just to set the record straight for Chads sake, (Wasteland Performance), He IS supplying the clutch set up for me and will be tuning it through the laptop like I said. I did not want to wait the 2 weeks for him so I bought the adjustable weight set myself. I am impatiant, it IS time to ride. He will be letting me know what he comes up with and I will be doing some testing for him. If I need springs or Helix he will supply them. He is selling the kits for the Revolt and mine is the first so R&D time. As performance improves I will post vids so you can see the progression of Quad smokin as time goes by. It will fun for me to throw some of that roost back and maybe a little extra for good measure. Chad has been a graet shop to deal with and just don't want anyone to think any different. So I am going by the seat of my pants by my choice.

litespeed
04-15-2010, 11:13 PM
I understand. Didn't mean to imply anything else. I think it awesome that someone is finally adding some power to the Revolt. They used to show a turbo on the Revolt option sheet way back when....then it was gone.

Your going to have a wicked car when your done with it......What next?

Tom

Akpilot
04-16-2010, 12:43 AM
Sandracer,

With the much heavier weights that the turbo will be slinging in the primary, I would also suggest the heaviest secondary spring you can get or a flatter helix. When I put the turbo on my Pilot I too was messing with the primary weights and left the secondary alone. At first it was not that much faster with the turbo than without, then I cranked up the secondary spring (Arctic Cat secondary) and then I could not keep the front end down on boost. With the helix and spring combo the turbo was able to over power them and the extra power was just spun off in secondary belt slip.
I no longer have a turbo but I still use a portable temp sensor to check secondary clutch temp to see if it is slipping. Do hard take offs and have someone take a quick temp to see if it spikes.
What secondary clutch does the Revolt have? Team maybe?

Wayne

sandracer1
04-16-2010, 06:23 AM
Tom,

I did not think you were implying anything, just wanted to make sure no one else got the wrong idea. I am not sure whats next other than some paddles and getting the clutch tuned. I have to get some window nets and a fire exstinguisher. Paddles are on their way. I will be racing short coarse later this year or all of next year. Getting this thing set up and modified has cost me more than I thought. [smilie=ecstatic.gi: What, no comment on the Banshees? Wayne, thanks for the info. I really do not know what else I will need to do but I will keep the secondary in mind. Chad will help me sort it out if I ned any advise, which I am sure I will.

odypilots
04-16-2010, 06:30 AM
That's cool, Tom. I haven't had a problem with burning the tires off on my starts, and I always beat the other Drak with a 600 I raced with, so that's why I asked. Must be clutching. See ya.:)

jwik
07-11-2011, 09:29 AM
i will say this ... i got to ride with and witness sandracers turbo revolt first hand.. super nice piece i must say.. we were at st joes the end of june withthe folks from buggy news ... and it was fast the ground literally vibrated when he launched it at our sand drags.. my ol pig with a swap is good but i tell ya that redline is nice.. he and the riot that was there are the drive for my build... so nice a macine wonderful details and a big price tag..

i really want my build to rival these machines and i will be able to say i did it myself.. my 400 polaris powered joyner 250 isnt junk by anymeans .. just want something a lil nicer...

sandracer1
07-11-2011, 12:16 PM
i will say this ... i got to ride with and witness sandracers turbo revolt first hand.. super nice piece i must say.. we were at st joes the end of june withthe folks from buggy news ... and it was fast the ground literally vibrated when he launched it at our sand drags.. my ol pig with a swap is good but i tell ya that redline is nice.. he and the riot that was there are the drive for my build... so nice a macine wonderful details and a big price tag..

i really want my build to rival these machines and i will be able to say i did it myself.. my 400 polaris powered joyner 250 isnt junk by anymeans .. just want something a lil nicer...

jwik,

Thanks for the nice words. I am glad you liked it. I had a blast meeting a lot of the folks from Buggynews. There was a lot of you there. Great turn out and event. Keep working on that build I would like to see it next year at St. Joe.

EJ Mac
07-13-2011, 10:47 PM
I too got to witness this incredible machine at the buggynews event. Really hard to find the words to describe it so Awesome will have to do. A super nice guy as well and hope to get to ride with him and Karl in Sept. close to my own backyard at little Sahara. Hopefully my polaris powered Joyner can halfway keep up with them out there.

chuckorlando
07-17-2011, 05:00 AM
EJ you got enough to hurt a riot. But this revolts, you aint got a prayer. Damn thing squates like a cat when it launches. It's to bad they aint making these anymore. Bout as big a ride as many of us east coasters coud have

Bad ass ride bro. Tell you bro in law thanks. Now the wife is after a rzr

sandracer1
07-18-2011, 05:15 AM
EJ you got enough to hurt a riot. But this revolts, you aint got a prayer. Damn thing squates like a cat when it launches. It's to bad they aint making these anymore. Bout as big a ride as many of us east coasters coud have

Bad ass ride bro. Tell you bro in law thanks. Now the wife is after a rzr

That still makes me laugh. The first thing she said when you started looking at the Revolt was " do not talk him into a Revolt" and 1 hour later she is wanting to buy a new RZR XP after her ride in it. My advice is get her the RZR. That thing is a great ride.

chuckorlando
07-18-2011, 07:30 AM
She's most likely gonna get one. She needs something that can keep up with my 400. And something that I dont have to chop, cut, and rebuild.

Unless I get all my tools in place before hand, then I'll just build her one like I am my son.

Again, sweet sweet ride bro

daaboots
03-05-2012, 04:00 PM
What kind of turbo is that? Nice buggy!

sandracer1
03-05-2012, 06:43 PM
It is the Weber turbo for that motor. Weber ecu for the application. Nice and simple. It is a watercraft and snowmobile application. If you need more specific info let me know. Thanks for the kind words.

rippenrick
03-11-2013, 06:37 PM
She's most likely gonna get one. She needs something that can keep up with my 400. And something that I dont have to chop, cut, and rebuild.

Unless I get all my tools in place before hand, then I'll just build her one like I am my son.

Again, sweet sweet ride bro

Yo Chuck i got a nice Pink revolt with a turbo that you will be hard pressed to keep up with her in your 400:p

chuckorlando
03-12-2013, 05:39 AM
Oh I've been graced by the sight of a sandracers TR. If there was one here it damn sure would not be hers. ahahaha. Yea, I would drive it pink and all. ahahahaha

rippenrick
03-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Oh I've been graced by the sight of a sandracers TR. If there was one here it damn sure would not be hers. ahahaha. Yea, I would drive it pink and all. ahahahaha

Here are 2 links that should get ya going

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/redline-revolt/18798-black-turbo-revolt-sale.html

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/redline-revolt/18799-pink-turbo-revolt-sale.html