PDA

View Full Version : Flip Flopped the Pilot!

turbotexas
02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Here are some video's of the Desert wells OHV area near Apache Junction AZ!
I spent a few days with a compadre riding there! The first two are just the camera mounted on the Pilot shows the area off pretty well, the third is a CSI of the wreck... No I didn't have the camera on when I wrecked!!!

Enjoy!

YouTube - desert wells1.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiT8NqnS1QY)
YouTube - desert wells2.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwJeJxGnJ-8)
YouTube - turbo's flip.wmv (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwLBiVFE-xc)

Be sure to watch some of my older videos of other Desert riding spots I've been to!

wyattboche
02-04-2010, 01:25 AM
So did you land on your wheels or was it on her side?

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 05:43 AM
So did you land on your wheels or was it on her side?

It landed on its side hard eough to pop the bead in rear tire and fold up the front a arms, then settled on all 4...

AtvNut
02-05-2010, 07:22 AM
Did the steering lock up? Wow that Pilot A-arm took a beating.

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 08:43 AM

Well smarty pants since you brought it up... NO IT DIDN'T!!!
I had it up and running again in a matter of hours once I swapped the CORRECT parts! Good thing it wasn't the odyssey because I know replacement parts for it wouldn't be send or the wrong parts would be sent...

Thanks for asking though!!!

AtvNut
02-05-2010, 09:45 AM
I had it up and running again in a matter of hours once I swapped the CORRECT parts! Good thing it wasn't the odyssey because I know replacement parts for it wouldn't be send or the wrong parts would be sent...

Thanks for asking though!!!

Wow thanks for such a kind answer no wonder you get so much grief from the community.

Are you having trouble getting wrong parts through Randy?

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Wow thanks for such a kind answer no wonder you get so much grief from the community.

Community? I only get grief from a handful of yahoo's like the above comments! Did I say anything in my videos or post about my steering problems in my odyssey? I have figured out how to fix the poor steering stop design on my aftershock product! If you like I can post a thread here as I have on Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) so others won't have the same issues I have had! Simply put the pilot has a built in steering stop much like an atv, and the a-arm kit removes the stock steering stop on the odyssey and replaces it in an un-safe manner. Siply "beefing" up the flimsy metal that the hiem joint/slider is bolted thru should prevent the safety issues!
Consider the thread my contribution to the community! Of which I see no contributions from you on Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com)

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 10:31 AM

I have never had any trouble getting parts or service from Odyssey Salvage (http://www.odysseysalvage.com)!
He even lets me return products for credit if what I ordered isn't up to my demanding spec's! I ride and race off road, not on a groomed track, so I am going to be a lot more demanding on quality parts! Randy has never sent me anything that was missing parts without a note enclosed and a phone call telling me something was back ordered! I did recieve a long travel kit with some definate pieces missing/not being shipped, and shipped the wrong pieces!
Again, Randy at Odyssey Salvage (http://www.odysseysalvage.com) has always had great customer service and I will continue to spend my money with him! He is a great asset to the community!!!

AtvNut
02-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Community? I only get grief from a handful of yahoo's like the above comments! Did I say anything in my videos or post about my steering problems in my odyssey? I have figured out how to fix the poor steering stop design on my aftershock product! If you like I can post a thread here as I have on Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) so others won't have the same issues I have had! Simply put the pilot has a built in steering stop much like an atv, and the a-arm kit removes the stock steering stop on the odyssey and replaces it in an un-safe manner. Siply "beefing" up the flimsy metal that the hiem joint/slider is bolted thru should prevent the safety issues!
Consider the thread my contribution to the community! Of which I see no contributions from you on Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com)

where did all this come from? way off topic.

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 11:08 AM
You asked if the steering locked up...
your can of worms...

K-fab
02-05-2010, 03:10 PM

Thanks for asking though!!!Okay enough right there. Turbo - this is not a poke or a stab. It would appear to be a legitimate question. Your response is defensive for absolutely no reason.

With the rear steer setup on a Pilot, if you manage to really push a wheel beyond it's steering ability, the tie rod can bend, locking the wheel in place. Been there, done that during my stadium racing.

Ease up on the thinking that everyone's after you. Your response is a perfect reason why people respond to you the way they do.

I can appreciate your reporting of this post, but really step back, look at the question posed and the comment made. There's nothing that Nut said that was inconsiderate or argumentative.

Gene
02-05-2010, 05:06 PM
I agree Richard. The response is incorrect based on the question and observation.

I think the right action on our part is to leave it for a day or two and then delete a few posts to keep it on track.

Why leave it for a few days? As a lesson to all about perception. How we respond to questions and observations matter. I do not percieve Nut's observation or comment to be argumentative or insulting. I do percieve Turbo's response to be misaligned.

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Oh Richard, you guys are sooo funny, Ya'll know good and well this was a poke at my odyssey lock up issue! Just click my youtube link in my signiture and look for the video in Arizona where I discribed "locking up" It will be the video with 12,000 plus views! I Have hoserized tierods and no the tie rods were not an issue! I only had wished I would have taken the time to hoserize the A-arms before this trip! I have hoserized the rear trailing arms and they came out ok after this wreck! If anyone else would have asked the question, and then came back and edited it to drag Randy at www.odysseysalvage into it (I can forward you the topic reply noticication if you like, it's in my email) I would have simply left it alone, but you know good and well that there have been but a small handfull of instigators/trouble makers who have done nothing but "poke" as you put it at me since this ordeal started...
Know if I called you names, as this bunch has me, would you just ignore it and let it pass??? I doubt it... You have asked me to not respond to Livewires threads and I won't, don't have to! I have documented everything for the good of the "community" on the very active Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) There is even a vistors area there for those who don't care to go thru the registration process... You should read that Richard! I know you and Hoser don't see eye to eye, but at least take the time to find out what's really going on in the "community" Just look for a thread re: hoodlem/rooky/redman... It's a real eye opener!
Now since I have so graciously agreed to "leave Livewire and Aftershock alone I think it's only fair that yoou extend me the same curtiousy and ask Livewire/atvnut/bugpac out of mine...

Okay enough right there. Turbo - this is not a poke or a stab. It would appear to be a legitimate question. Your response is defensive for absolutely no reason.

With the rear steer setup on a Pilot, if you manage to really push a wheel beyond it's steering ability, the tie rod can bend, locking the wheel in place. Been there, done that during my stadium racing.

Ease up on the thinking that everyone's after you. Your response is a perfect reason why people respond to you the way they do.

I can appreciate your reporting of this post, but really step back, look at the question posed and the comment made. There's nothing that Nut said that was inconsiderate or argumentative.

LiveWire
02-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Turbo, you were told multiple times, by multiple people on multiple boards that you had your adjustable steering stops adjusted too far out.

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Turbo, you were told multiple times, by multiple people on multiple boards that you had your adjustable steering stops adjusted too far out.

Are you refering to the large hiem things being to far out? or the 2 (left side and right side links that go to the tierods being to far out?
I have photo's let me dig them up... Have you got some links to the discussion?
Thank You!

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Are you refering to the large hiem things being to far out? or the 2 (left side and right side links that go to the tierods being to far out?
I have photo's let me dig them up... Have you got some links to the discussion?
Thank You!

Pictures from a long time ago... will take a bit as I have to resize them, and find them...

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Pictures from a long time ago... will take a bit as I have to resize them, and find them...

OK these are the first one I found, from the day I first installed them... I don't see any thread showing so how could they be too far out?

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 08:12 PM
found some more...
Shame only three pics per post I have lots of pictures... These are from the beggining, I will try to find more with more use on them...
Have you located the threads where people told me these were out too far??? So far all the pics showed them screwed all the way in as per your instructions...

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 08:18 PM
From March according to the file names!

Last one is fuzzy, but still can't show any thread as being too far out???

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 08:32 PM
These are from when I was in Oregon trying to get this ready for the dune trip I planned on!!!
What a job? Get to drag my toys all over the country riding!!!
Last Pic is when I met Stoneman in Kentucky to ride with him!!!
I have met a lot of the community!!!

AtvNut
02-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Turbo I personally offered to fix your machine. My 10 yr old son and I put a kit on an oddy in 10 hrs and it was trouble free after everything was adjusted properly. I mean trouble free for years with a multitude of different drivers and driving conditions. oh yea and it was kit number one; actually it was the prototype so it was far from perfect but it still worked great and is still going strong. I am sure it will last another 5-10 yrs and you will still be belly aching instead of riding.

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 08:46 PM
OK I found some with some rust on the arms pictures are from Jan. 07
Mods you really should allow more photo's per post!!!
Steve have you found any threads where this was discussed? I hope so, cause I am going cross-eyed looking at all these pic's

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Turbo I personally offered to fix your machine. My 10 yr old son and I put a kit on an oddy in 10 hrs and it was trouble free after everything was adjusted properly. I mean trouble free for years with a multitude of different drivers and driving conditions. oh yea and it was kit number one; actually it was the prototype so it was far from perfect but it still worked great and is still going strong. I am sure it will last another 5-10 yrs and you will still be belly aching instead of riding.

OMG (as your kid probly say's like mine does) Belly aching? well what ever? Where is the link to your offers of help? I don't recall that, but anyway, I am willing to bet I have ridden more in the last 3.5 years than the three of you combined (livewire/bugpac and yourself)
I have seen the riding video's of where you ride... Beautifully groomed tracks that cars race on, (some videos at bobs place and 96 speedway! That's great you have places that let you ride in that part of the country, heck out west it is getting harder to find places to ride!!!

OK Now back to the previous discussion... Do I need to keep pouring thru my thousands of pictures to find a piece too far out, or can Steve please show me a thread/photo or discussion where these are any further out than what I have found so far???

turbotexas
02-05-2010, 09:06 PM
last ones then I am going to bed...

minibajaman
02-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Mods you really should allow more photo's per post!!!

You can upload 5 photos per post. Upload 3, then add 2 more after those finish.

LiveWire
02-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Kiowa's board is gone so I can't link there.

In this link from Mike's board 2 years ago, I was stating how you had been told previously (on Kiowa's board) about your mis adjustments.
Long travel 350 reinstall (#3) - Honda Pilot and Odyssey General Discussions - All - Mikes Honda Pilot and Honda Odyssey Forums - Message Board Yuku (http://mikespilotandodysseyforums.yuku.com/topic/363/t/Long-travel-350-reinstall-3.html?page=1)

How many times do people have to point out that you incorrectly installed the steering? You have your steering stops mis adjusted. Even though you admit to not being mechanically inclined, you take it upon yourself to make changes to the system. You took it upon yourself to put nuts under the tie rod end spacing them up, altering the angle of the tie rods and screwing up the steering geometry. You can see this in the pictures you have posted. That problem has been posted to you before. Despite all the people who have bought, properly installed and had success with this kit, you believe you need to make fixes to it. All your problems are a result of your stubbornness.

The attached picture is a snapshot from your video from timeframe 2:26. Your comments in the audio leading up to and around that time frame, you state how Lee (I think that is what is said) told you to shorten those links. That is what needed to be done from day one. It can be seen in that picture that the steering flag is not straight even though the tires are. This is quite common on the FL350 as Honda must have had a problem aligning the splines. Since the flag is not straight, the left and right links must be adjusted to different lengths to compensate. Since they are not adjusted properly, you are able to turn sharper in one direction than the other, hence why the tire comes so close to the A-arm when turning one direction.

While you would not listen to anyone until Lee told you to shorten those links, your video tells the world that you did finally at that point understand what needed to be done. Here we are years later. You still make remarks that it was my design, not your adjustments. This shows that this is not just you misunderstanding things, but that you are making a conscious effort to slander Aftershock Motorsports.

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Which video is this taken from? I will have to see but I am 98% sure the flag is straight...
So back to my firt question... Were you refering to the hiems as I have pictures of posted here needing to be adjusted in?
Or are we now refering to the tierod end with the bolt at the top of the adapters? Instead of below as it is now?
Here are pictures from your instructions that show the bolt as I placed it! Just had the pictures to go by... I cropped them from the originals so you could see the nut better, but made dang sure there was red showing/or a bilstien shock, so there is no confusion that these were on my ody!
See why I am confused... You supply photo's with this, I install as per the photos, then you come back and tell me I installed it wrong???
Hoodlum pointed out this to me the first weekend I was trying to do this...
Now I did redo the outer tie rod ends after Hoodlum was nice enough to point that out, but I was never told anything about these hiems being to far out especially since they were screwed all the way in just like your pictures showed? How could they be too far out if they are screwed all the way in?
If you remember the "drag links" or lawyer links as Lee Called them, that you originally sent me were rusting before I even got to Oregon after I intalled them in Texas... They were also an inch longer than they were supposed to be! I assumed I was sent all the corect parts and never realized I was supposed to cut them down to fit... I did recieve the Stainless links and the missing clevis pieces when I got home, Thank you for sending those, but never recieved any further instructions or help until now! Thank you again for taking the time to help but lets take one step at a time...
First thing is Do I need to buy a thinner nut for this big hiem so I can adjust it in more as you suggested? How do I measure or mark or know how far It needs to come in? As you recall your instructions were not that detailed ( I will find those instructions and post them here for all to help!)
Once we determine exactly where the big hiems should be at we can then move on to the proper length of the links... I assumed they would be send from the maker at the proper length my bad....
Then the tie rods and ends will be next! That shouldn't be too hard since I have learned an easy way to use spacers to replace the shocks at ride hieght and can easily adjust the toe from there!
I am not going to be home for awhile as work is all out here on the east coast, and I am planning on working a while out here (about another week...)
I will go watch the video where you claim my flag is off but I promise you the stem and flag are lined up, and the marks are where they should be! I have learned quite a bit about these things in the last 3 1/2 ears Thanks to Hoser's informative Board! Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com)

So now you want to say I have slandered you, Well I haven't spoken any untruthes about you, (slanĚder (slndr)
n.
1. Law Oral communication of false statements injurious to a person's reputation.
2. A false and malicious statement or report about someone.)

So What ever happened to kiowas board? I thought you and him were great friends? I hope he hasn't fallen on tough times???

Kiowa's board is gone so I can't link there.

In this link from Mike's board 2 years ago, I was stating how you had been told previously (on Kiowa's board) about your mis adjustments.
Long travel 350 reinstall (#3) - Honda Pilot and Odyssey General Discussions - All - Mikes Honda Pilot and Honda Odyssey Forums - Message Board Yuku (http://mikespilotandodysseyforums.yuku.com/topic/363/t/Long-travel-350-reinstall-3.html?page=1)

The attached picture is a snapshot from your video from timeframe 2:26. Your comments in the audio leading up to and around that time frame, you state how Lee (I think that is what is said) told you to shorten those links. That is what needed to be done from day one. It can be seen in that picture that the steering flag is not straight even though the tires are. This is quite common on the FL350 as Honda must have had a problem aligning the splines. Since the flag is not straight, the left and right links must be adjusted to different lengths to compensate. Since they are not adjusted properly, you are able to turn sharper in one direction than the other, hence why the tire comes so close to the A-arm when turning one direction.

While you would not listen to anyone until Lee told you to shorten those links, your video tells the world that you did finally at that point understand what needed to be done. Here we are years later. You still make remarks that it was my design, not your adjustments. This shows that this is not just you misunderstanding things, but that you are making a conscious effort to slander Aftershock Motorsports.

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Here is the instructions I recieved, so every one willing to help is on the same page!

He needs a 5/16" 12 point wrench. Those bolts are 170 KSI which is I think
about grade 10 so they can be cranked on. The nut inserts they go into are
grade 12.

I don't know where the video is. I have not been sending it out. The kit
is normally sent out mostly assembled. In order to get it out the day it
went, a few things like the ball joints were not threaded into the A-arms.
I have attached a zip file containing a bunch of closer pictures than what
I put on my website. Please only send these to those who have already paid
for a kit.

These are work in progress instructions. Send them as if from you. I try
to update them based on questions asked:

Strip down the front of the machine. Basically everything has to be
removed. Pop the stock ball joints out of the knuckles by hitting the SIDE
of the knuckle where the stud goes through while pulling on the arm. The
shock will cause it to pop. Hitting the stud itself will destroy it.

You will have to cut the hoop off the bottom of the frame that protected
the steering. The brake line mounting tabs on the lower front main tube
and a couple more tabs inside the lower frame tubes at the back of the
front fenders also will be cut off. Holding the lower portion of the
subframe up against the main frame will indicate the tabs that need to be
removed. The tabs needs to be ground flush to the tubes. Dry fit the
subframe to your frame before getting it painted or powder coated. The
steering tab in the center of the machine needs to be drilled out to
7/16". The spacer goes under the inner tie rod ends, then the left end and
finally the right end on top.

The ball joints will end up with about 1/2" to 3/4" of thread showing if
adjusted to clear stock rims. If using wheels with less backspacing, the
ball joints can be threaded in more without clearance issues. Some camber
(top of wheels tipped in) is desirable.

The inner most hiem in the steering adjusts the steering stops. You should
end up with about 2.5" of tie rod movement from left stop to right stop.
Check for clearance at full suspension droop. The bottom of the studs on
the outermost tie rod end can be trimmed to get additional clearance.
However, if you try to get too much movement, the steering can pop past
full turn. You can adjust the steering stops by loosening both jam nuts
and spinning the drag link (7" long 5/8" OD tube). Toe in can be adjusted
by loosening the tie rod jam nuts and spinning the tie rod (aluminum
tube). Zero toe works well, adjust as desired. Once toe is set and
steering stops are set, if there is excessive thread exposed on the outer
hiem of the drag link do the following: Remove the bolt from the clevis on
the tie rod. Spin the inner drag link hiem in counting the turns. Replace
the bolt then adjust the toe in again by 1/2 the number of turns. The same
process or the opposite adjustments can be used to minimize bump steer. It
is possible to adjust down to +/- 0.1 degrees of bump steer through the
entire suspension travel. Note that even with the worst possible
adjustment, bump steer will still be far less than stock.

There is a small piece twisted and bent tab. This is to mount the brake
tee. It goes under one of the bolts on the triangular steering stem plate.
The hard brake line will swoop back and to the left, right angle down then
right angle forward into the tee. See the pictures for placement of the
flexible lines.

The number of parts may seem overwhelming, but once you get it next to the
machine, it will make more sense. Once the number of parts left dwindles
from installing some, those remaining will make more sense. Let me know
any questions you have.

Steve Bishop

Here is the link so you can catch up on all that has gone on...

PilotOdyssey.com :: Log in (http://www.pilotodyssey.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3267)

LiveWire
02-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Your assumption that the kit would be shipped already adjusted is not correct. It is not feasible nor normal by industry standards.

So here is the part from the instructions that you did not follow:

However, if you try to get too much movement, the steering can pop past full turn. You can adjust the steering stops by loosening both jam nuts and spinning the drag link (7" long 5/8" OD tube).

AtvNut
02-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Topic: Redoing the a-arm install
Turbotexas

Replies: 359
Views: 8798
PostForum: Projects Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:56 pm Subject: Redoing the a-arm install

I was PM'ed a email for this jeff by a member here and was told Jeff Davis could help... I am sorry I never had the chance to do this as I was working on the kids bike...

here is an exert from one of your posts at www.Oftencopyingalwaysbitching.com (http://pilotodyssey.com/) So I rest my case as you can see it in your own words. To bad the rainbow bright side steered you wrong.

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
OK I watched the video...

YouTube - Afterthought mess... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1J2uvjKh3dA)

Seems to be just a bad angle when you clipped the video at 2 .26... I stopped and clipped at 2.14 and it clearly shows it to be square!
Also showing photos of the original links sent and they measured 8 inches... I didn't realize I had to cut them to fit... That is in the instructions that they were supposed to be 7" So it appears to me that you couldn't follow your own instructions and sent me the wrong size... That wouldn't be what you are refering to as Pre-adjusted??? I never measured these before I assembled, I never read in the instructions I HAD TO CUT THESE to 7 inches I just assumed you would sent the right stuff... I later found out these weren't even Stainless steel
You can read the thread on Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) and see where I only cut them to the 7"...
So let's get back on track here... How do I adjust the big hiems? I have them all the way in, as in your picture book instructions, Is there a certian measuring point?

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Topic: Redoing the a-arm install
Turbotexas

Replies: 359
Views: 8798
PostForum: Projects Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:56 pm Subject: Redoing the a-arm install

I was PM'ed a email for this jeff by a member here and was told Jeff Davis could help... I am sorry I never had the chance to do this as I was working on the kids bike...

here is an exert from one of your posts at www.Oftencopyingalwaysbitching.com (http://pilotodyssey.com/) So I rest my case as you can see it in your own words. To bad the rainbow bright side steered you wrong.

Oh you are Jeff Davis? OK I remember twilight sent me an email... but no you never sent me an email... Twilight told me he knew a guy who knew a guy or what ever... Not really a real offer to help... So atvnutt why are you posting here again? I am trying to resolve this with Steve and you come back to do some more instigating??? Go to your corner and stay out of this... I am trying to have an adult conversation, and you want to act like a 3 year old...

sicksand
02-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Turbo are you still dealing with that,I think I remember reading something about this a year or so ago?

AtvNut
02-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Oh you are Jeff Davis? OK I remember twilight sent me an email... but no you never sent me an email... Twilight told me he knew a guy who knew a guy or what ever... Not really a real offer to help... So atvnutt why are you posting here again? I am trying to resolve this with Steve and you come back to do some more instigating??? Go to your corner and stay out of this... I am trying to have an adult conversation, and you want to act like a 3 year old...

You asked me for proof so here it is. now sit down and shut up and wait for your next carnival show to pull out.

oh and talking about childish run back to hoser and post some more LOL

www.Constantlywhiningneverriding.com (http://pilotodyssey.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=57585&sid=758e5b46747f280618f6fa654fe6ec8b#57585)

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Turbo are you still dealing with that,I think I remember reading something about this a year or so ago?

Yea Steve has finally offered some insight!!!

Gene
02-06-2010, 09:11 PM
Are you guys done pissing on each other's leg and claiming it's raining?

Very tiring reading the back and forth.

Take it to PM and end it!

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
You asked me for proof so here it is. now sit down and shut up and wait for your next carnival show to pull out.

Well aren't you just real mature??? I still don't see any proof that you offered me anything but foul words like these!!!

So someone knows your real name they tell me some guy knows a guy and I am supposed to drop what I am doing for my Son and email some stranger?
Sorry charlie that in no way can be construid as an offer of help...
It's a crying shame that kiowa's board mysteriously disappeared because I could link quite a few rude remarks like this from several grown men...
Steve is finally trying to help me with this and you want to drag it into the mud with your childish comments...

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Are you guys done pissing on each other's leg and claiming it's raining?

Very tiring reading the back and forth.

Take it to PM and end it!

I was hoping you would notice atvnut comments!
I think this is something anyone having a longtravel kit would benifit from reading? I am simply trying to get some adjustment issues answered, Steve is attempting to help, we are just not on the same page??? I am sorry if I pissed in your post toasties???

Gene
02-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Just get it over with and move on.

I'm bored. We are bored.

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Just get it over with and move on.

I'm bored. We are bored.

I respect the fact that this is your site and all, but I thought the open exchange of ideas and helping one another was why you started this site??? I am trying to get some help, I have refrained from any name calling, and Steve has finally shown an interest in helping me get this resolved! I don't know what else to say, but if you can let a few childish remarks from ATVNUT ruin a conversation that is leading me to a better knowledge of what I have then so be it...
If you are bored then you can choose not to read the exchange of information I am seeking... Hoser and Steve don't get along, so I can't get Steves help there...

sicksand
02-06-2010, 10:08 PM
This has been going on for way to long,this was the main topic on Hoser's site for ever.I agree just let it go and move on.You have a pilot now anyways so put your effort into that,anyone who has a odyssey or pilot has heard of you and your problems with the kit trust me.Or like they said go to p.m or the phone etc...

LiveWire
02-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Gene,

I am only defending myself to a subject that should have been dropped years ago. I have no problem with your deleting my posts if posts that I am defending against are deleted.

Turbo,

I linked to a thread from 2 years ago where I told you your steering was not adjusted properly. Atvnut linked to a very old post where he offered to help you. There was even more on Kiowa's board before it went down. So your comment of "finally" is not correct. If someone wants more details, they can read the posts from Mike's board which contains most of the back story and does not need to continue on yet another board.

From that same thread that I linked from 2 years ago, I made comments about how that the wrong links were sent and pointed out that the correct ones were sent after. You acknowledge in that thread that the correct links were sent. The correct links are installed in your video on Youtube. Yet you post as if you had to modify the wrong ones in order to make the kit work. Your statements are knowingly misleading

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Gene,

I am only defending myself to a subject that should have been dropped years ago. I have no problem with your deleting my posts if posts that I am defending against are deleted.

Turbo,

I linked to a thread from 2 years ago where I told you your steering was not adjusted properly. Atvnut linked to a very old post where he offered to help you. There was even more on Kiowa's board before it went down. So your comment of "finally" is not correct. If someone wants more details, they can read the posts from Mike's board which contains most of the back story and does not need to continue on yet another board.

From that same thread that I linked from 2 years ago, I made comments about how that the wrong links were sent and pointed out that the correct ones were sent after. You acknowledge in that thread that the correct links were sent. The correct links are installed in your video on Youtube. Yet you post as if you had to modify the wrong ones in order to make the kit work. Your statements are knowingly misleading

I did have to modify the ones you sent me in the first place!!! I was 2000 miles from home and wanted to ride!!! So yea I "modified" them or actually cut them down to the size they were supposed to be... Was I just supposed to cancel my plans of riding on this trip, drag the odyssey home? Sorry if I tried to get it to work...
OK So now you claim to have told me I had it adjusted wrong but still haven't told me how to adjust it??? I am trying to learn something is that wrong?
Jeff linked with an uncalled for url which just shows he is really just trying to start a "fight" and I am beyond that, I quess I was foolish enough to hope you would "finally" Man up and help me out,
I plainly asked several times how to adjust the big hiems and it is nothing but excuses? I was told in this thread I was told they were out to far, but have shown I have followed your instructions to the picture!!!
So what is the next step in resolving this? Are you going to "help me" or are you going to continue to "blame me" while your sidekick tries to taunt me into losing my temper... (Not going to happen!)

Sicksand the reason I have a pilot is because I have someone special who also wants to ride with me! So am I supposed to just junk the odyssey I have spent years working on??? Hell that would make me a quiter???
I am sorry if you feel thats the thing to do but I aint rich so I ain't going to quit working on my ody and let it rust away to nothing...
Steve I am sorry I mistook your efforts here as help!
I apologize to you poor son of a guns who got bored LOL
I just asked simple on point questions and got nothing from this group but namecalling and whining...

AtvNut
02-06-2010, 11:12 PM
I did have to modify the ones you sent me in the first place!!! I was 2000 miles from home and wanted to ride!!! So yea I "modified" them or actually cut them down to the size they were supposed to be... Was I just supposed to cancel my plans of riding on this trip, drag the odyssey home? Sorry if I tried to get it to work...
OK So now you claim to have told me I had it adjusted wrong but still haven't told me how to adjust it??? I am trying to learn something is that wrong?
Jeff linked with an uncalled for url which just shows he is really just trying to start a "fight" and I am beyond that, I quess I was foolish enough to hope you would "finally" Man up and help me out,
I plainly asked several times how to adjust the big hiems and it is nothing but excuses? I was told in this thread I was told they were out to far, but have shown I have followed your instructions to the picture!!!
So what is the next step in resolving this? Are you going to "help me" or are you going to continue to "blame me" while your sidekick tries to taunt me into losing my temper... (Not going to happen!)

Sicksand the reason I have a pilot is because I have someone special who also wants to ride with me! So am I supposed to just junk the odyssey I have spent years working on??? Hell that would make me a quiter???
I am sorry if you feel thats the thing to do but I aint rich so I ain't going to quit working on my ody and let it rust away to nothing...
Steve I am sorry I mistook your efforts here as help!
I apologize to you poor son of a guns who got bored LOL
I just asked simple on point questions and got nothing from this group but namecalling and whining...

you were asked simple onpoint questions and blew a gasket

turbotexas
02-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh jeff you are funny lol I aint mad! Just disappointed! I thought steve was going to help me but oh well typical games by you! Quite honestly atvnut I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire! Not worth the effort!

LiveWire
02-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Turbo, you are posting the same crap you have been for years. You just try to make it out as if none of this has been discussed as a show for those who were not on the other boards. Back when Big Tom offered to tune your suspension in, I said I would give Tom all the support he needed. If Tom's offer still stands, then so does mine. The reason is that if Tom is working on it, his questions will be legitimate and not be loaded questions. If this is done, there should be no reason for you to comment on this any longer.

AtvNut
02-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Turbo, you are posting the same crap you have been for years. You just try to make it out as if none of this has been discussed as a show for those who were not on the other boards. Back when Big Tom offered to tune your suspension in, I said I would give Tom all the support he needed. If Tom's offer still stands, then so does mine. The reason is that if Tom is working on it, his questions will be legitimate and not be loaded questions. If this is done, there should be no reason for you to comment on this any longer.

I will even pitch in to pay Big Tom to fix it just to put an end to it all ugh

Bugpac
02-07-2010, 09:07 AM
I think you'll find that info your referring to at this site..

www.hoserworshipersaftershockmotorsportsbashing.co m (www.pilotodyssey.com)

turbotexas
02-07-2010, 09:42 AM

I give up.. You have done nothing but BLAME me and call me names, yet when I politely ask for help and clarification all I get is the same whining bull from you Steve... I asked How to adjust what you claim is wrong, I provided pictures that show I had done it exactly as your photo's showed me how to do it but yet You still can't find the time to help me!
I don't know big tom from the man in the moon, and why should I have to drag this thing all over the country side just to have some one show me where I went wrong? It is as simple as you providing the support you should on a product that you make?
Atvnut, you going to PAY ME to find this tom guy? I get 800.00 a day when I am at work and am detained! Plus $4.00 mile min both ways! Can you afford me??? LOL You internet bullies are so good at changing a link to downgrade Hosers site, yet you all still come on there to spy???
Grown men acting like this...
Here I foolishly thought you had matured Steve???

AtvNut
02-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I give up.. You have done nothing but BLAME me and call me names, yet when I politely ask for help and clarification all I get is the same whining bull from you Steve... I asked How to adjust what you claim is wrong, I provided pictures that show I had done it exactly as your photo's showed me how to do it but yet You still can't find the time to help me!
I don't know big tom from the man in the moon, and why should I have to drag this thing all over the country side just to have some one show me where I went wrong? It is as simple as you providing the support you should on a product that you make?
Atvnut, you going to PAY ME to find this tom guy? I get 800.00 a day when I am at work and am detained! Plus $4.00 mile min both ways! Can you afford me??? LOL You internet bullies are so good at changing a link to downgrade Hosers site, yet you all still come on there to spy???
Grown men acting like this...
Here I foolishly thought you had matured Steve???

out of respect for Gene I suggest we move this to Odyssey FL350 (http://www.quickieracing.com/forums/index.php?board=3.0) and discuss this there.

Gene
02-07-2010, 11:06 AM
Yes, please move it to the Ody forum. The horse has been kicked to death. I've seen plenty of offers to follow through with help and I hope the issue is resolved quickly.

AtvNut
02-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Yes, please move it to the Ody forum. The horse has been kicked to death. I've seen plenty of offers to follow through with help and I hope the issue is resolved quickly.

were trying Gene :)

turbotexas
02-07-2010, 11:36 AM
Quickie... How appropriate!
No one goes to the quickie site! If you truly want to help go to Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) because ALL the history has been moved to the visitor section so you don't even have to use a fake name to post!
I only saw blame games and offers of help second or third hand? Direct questions were sidestepped! Still don't know how or whwere my big hiem thing is supposed to be adjusted?
See ya on the real pilot odyssey board!
Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) where I saved this thread as a pdf file as I am sure the mods here will cave toi the few and far between who whine about this!

Gene
02-07-2010, 11:46 AM
TT, I think the comment about caving is completely unncessary. You really need to think about how your message is received.

Unlike some boards, this one is not run by meglomaniacal sociopaths bent on blocking, banning and beating. We are an alliterative group who prefer to manage, mentor and mash members to conform to our civil, comtemplative and conditional rules of membership.

Alliteration works best in threes. :p

turbotexas
02-07-2010, 12:25 PM
Oh Gene, richard has threatened to ban me so many times its not even funny anymore!
I posted a video about a wreck I survived and atvmutt posted a snide remark and opened up this can of worms again! That's just his style, notice several other snide remarks directed at me in this thread alone! If ya'lls hoser envy is so rampant you can't see thru to that then I really don't know what to tell you! You have stooped to their level with the namecalling so we can mark up a win for the darkside!
Grown men acting like this how funny!

kevin quesenberry
02-07-2010, 02:48 PM
I actually read this entire thread...It was listed under Crash and Burn. Turns out it is more Crash and Bitch. The driver is not dead, and maybe the fabed parts weren't perfect. So be it. We are supposed to be here to help each other out, and maybe bench race. If I wanted to soil my mind with this much negativity, I'd spend another weekend with my in-laws. Just my opinion, but I am fairly sure I am not alone. Go out, and get back to ridin' or racin'.

AtvNut
02-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Quickie... How appropriate!
No one goes to the quickie site! If you truly want to help go to Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) because ALL the history has been moved to the visitor section so you don't even have to use a fake name to post!
I only saw blame games and offers of help second or third hand? Direct questions were sidestepped! Still don't know how or whwere my big hiem thing is supposed to be adjusted?
See ya on the real pilot odyssey board!
Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) where I saved this thread as a pdf file as I am sure the mods here will cave toi the few and far between who whine about this!

I am only able to read the visitors section I still cannot post so I can see why you would want to go there. again one more time lets take this to the quickie board as the real pilot odyssey board is dead. If you do not want to meet up there then this subject is resolved and will be considered dead. Any further action by you will be considered hostile and treated as so

turbotexas
02-07-2010, 04:38 PM
Oh come on jeff we all know you come over to the only remaining pilot odyssey board!
You are so imature but thank you so much for the laugh! Ask hoodlum/rooky/redman how easy it was to catch him playing childish games posing as someone else!
You can view the thread on how we busted him in the visitors area too! No doubt you have read it!
With the talent we have on Home To Pilot's And Odyssey's (http://www.pilotodyssey.com) your fake name won't be hard to find either! Ask bugpac/reggie how he got busted spying on us in. The chatroom! Lol we used to make stuff up just to catch you trolls! Ask steve about his .009 cylinder wall clearances! Lol I will ask hoser if you have been banned under your atvnut handle but I bet not! Your name would be a different color if iut was!
So I take it by your childish threat I should be expecting a letter or phone call from the michigan states attorneys office?
I politely asked you to stay out of my conversation with steve, and even asked the moderators to do the same, as I have been requested/demanded to stay out of steves but I can see I am up against a loaded deck! Lol I don't mind! You're not much of a challenge intelectually! Every time you post you belittle yourself and aftershock motorsports!
Have a good evening!

I am only able to read the visitors section I still cannot post so I can see why you would want to go there. again one more time lets take this to the quickie board as the real pilot odyssey board is dead. If you do not want to meet up there then this subject is resolved and will be considered dead. Any further action by you will be considered hostile and treated as so

Bugpac
02-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Who is reggie? I haven't been to the mother ship in well over a yr, Dont care to.. Nothing there I need to learn, and the hospitality sucks.. I'm not getting on my knees to have a old washed up has been tell me what to do..

Thank you very much.

Ozpilot
02-07-2010, 05:19 PM
Turbotexas. (that's not name calling - I'm just repeating the name you have chosen - so don't blame me if it suddenly seems stupid to you too).

I don't know why you come on here telling us you and others publish made up material on a site that people go to for help. People that are untruthful don't impress me.

I don't know why you widely publish the fact you cannot get a suspension kit to work (even with the help of others you say know whet they are doing) when plenty of others can.

I don't know why you think a kit like the one you bought should be guaranteed to be idiot proof.

I don't know why you make so much of a crash that seems to me (based on what you have published) to be one that wouldn't have happened if the pilot handled well and had decent suspension and you could drive it with a reasonable level of skill and judgement.

I do know you are a pain.

I am glad your pilot did not have any Aftershock items fitted at the time of the crash. Although the crash may not have happened if Aftershock suspension had been fitted, I suspect the Aftershock item (whatever it may have been) would probably have been blamed for the crash.

The reason I have not gone to the imposters pilot site for years is to avoid people like you. I can see you would fit in well there. The real pilot site was much better after the imposter and some of his followers left. It was a shame the real site closed.

I really think your life and those of others would be happier if you stayed at the site you love so much. I'll promise not to go there. I like it here lots more when it is not littered with threads like this one.

Gene
02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't think Richard should have to clean this outhouse by having to follow through with a ban - so I did it for one month.

If TT can come back in one month and get along then good. If not - who needs this crap?

AtvNut
02-07-2010, 06:21 PM
i Don't Think Richard Should Have To Clean This Outhouse By Having To Follow Through With A Ban - So I Did It For One Month.

If Tt Can Come Back In One Month And Get Along Then Good. If Not - Who Needs This Crap?

Amen

sicksand
02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Good call.

kevin quesenberry
02-07-2010, 06:50 PM
Thank you! Back to a more organized chaos.;)

AtvNut
02-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Thank you! Back to a more organized chaos.;)

that is how my garage is organized chaos just ask odypilots but I do know where things are

odypilots
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
that is how my garage is organized chaos just ask odypilots but I do know where things are

I hope it has rising to the state of organized chaos.:p

Turbo, I agree with you. Jeff made a poke at you with the "steering lock up?" post. But please don't take the moral high ground. You are very active with a sharp stick. You claim Jeff is reading the other Pilot site. You know if he is that he must see many pokes at him.

As a side note, I can't get on the other Pilot site. Many years ago, my log in info stopped working from my computer. I didn't miss it too much, but I would try to log in with decreasing frequency until I gave up.

On a weekend trip, I was able to log on to the other Pilot site from a computer in Tennessee. Before the weekend was over, that ability stopped working. It appears to me that the first inability to access that site was an IP block on my home computer's address. Once I accessed it from a different computer, my account was disabled.

I still go to the other Pilot site every now and then and enter my log in info to see if my account has been reactivated. That sometime leads me to the visitors area, which is not hidden from public view, which means you have to be able to log in to even read most of that site, say nothing about reply.

So, in reading the visitor's section, I see repeated "pokes" at many you view as of the dark side, as well as name calling, on your part. So it really comes off bad to me when you act outraged at the pokes at you and at comments toward you to "sit down and shut up". No, Jeff shouldn't have said that, but you're living in a glass house, here, TT.

You're like some others at the other Pilot site, you only see in black and white. If it's not white (good), it must be black. I don't see things that way, which is why I haven't asked the owner of the other Pilot site to let me back on there. Eventually, I would call the things the way I saw them, and upset the people on that board, and me.

Do I miss that other Pilot board? Hell yes, I agree with a lot of the topics on there, and miss people that post there. But the owner of the other Pilot board was famous for calling things the way he saw them, and I should have that right, too, without the risk of banning. So I stay away. Maybe others should practice that.

I'm done with this here, sorry minibuggyers, to be a part of this, and I'll post this at the Quickie site and monitor there, if any one wants to respond to my post.

Gene
02-07-2010, 09:25 PM
Those of us who don't move between the sites or own Ody's or Pilots are completely lost in the argument. In large part, it is irrelevant to what we are doing and what we care about.

I understand that when stuff happens it often creates a downward spiral. The key to this is to keep things in the upper loop (spiral).

Look for solutions and work to implement them for a win-win. Anyone can be a loser and victim.

Why settle for that!