PDA

View Full Version : Have tracks now just need Racers

AtvNut
01-29-2010, 09:23 PM
I have been talking to a few tracks this winter got 3 interested so I put some rules together and now we can go racing :) Schedule to follow soon

Great Lakes Offroad Racing Association (http://www.greatlakesoffroad.com/rules.html)

Oh yea I forgot to add as it looks right now One track will have open practice all day and race under the lights Saturday night. This allows for racing on Sunday at Bob's so 2 races in a weekend saves a lot of fuel for us east sider's

minibajaman
01-30-2010, 05:51 PM
Interesting. So where are the tracks?

ProtoDie
01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
NUT,
2 seater we are racing is 92" wheelbase x 70" wide.
I may change it to 94" to accomodate larger tires,,,,since it will still turn great .

This has been proven to not be major factor with us racing at Bob's track.
If anything the shorter wheel base may be an advantage for short course racing.

I do not believe the wheel base length should be a factor, and that specs should be a "fit in a box spec"
vehicles not to exceed 70" wide x 120" long and dry vehicle weight not to exceed 1200lbs.

Rules ,or no rules this is what we are racing,,,,,& we are the only ones at the track:D so just get there and lets have fun racing

AtvNut
01-31-2010, 03:04 AM
Interesting. So where are the tracks?

there are three within a half of an hour of each other just east of Grand Rapids

AtvNut
01-31-2010, 03:07 AM
NUT,
2 seater we are racing is 92" wheelbase x 70" wide.
I may change it to 94" to accomodate larger tires,,,,since it will still turn great .

This has been proven to not be major factor with us racing at Bob's track.
If anything the shorter wheel base may be an advantage for short course racing.

I do not believe the wheel base length should be a factor, and that specs should be a "fit in a box spec"
vehicles not to exceed 70" wide x 120" long and dry vehicle weight not to exceed 1200lbs.

Rules ,or no rules this is what we are racing,,,,,& we are the only ones at the track:D so just get there and lets have fun racing

I took the car specs from your web page and added to them. my bad they were your single seat specs its all mold-able

Odyknuck
01-31-2010, 08:06 AM
So I take it my 2500# Turbo charged Subaru 2.5 Woodsbuggy will not qualify?

ProtoDie
01-31-2010, 01:10 PM

that may be a different,,,bigger box:)

AtvNut
01-31-2010, 03:08 PM

I guess not but I know you have 2 pilots and I am interested in making a date down there at Gary's track Might even include it in the schedule

AtvNut
02-08-2010, 06:36 PM
Talked to a UTV org today and they are wanting to pool the resources so we can offer a show to a track so its looking brighter.

Odyknuck
02-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Last time I raced at Garys track a ford truck broadsided my Woodsbuggy at 50 MPH and put me up on two wheels. I believe that was the last race in Ohio.

I guess not but I know you have 2 pilots and I am interested in making a date down there at Gary's track Might even include it in the schedule

AtvNut
02-09-2010, 02:42 PM
He has a track in PA now

minibajaman
02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Last time I raced at Garys track a ford truck broadsided my Woodsbuggy at 50 MPH and put me up on two wheels. I believe that was the last race in Ohio.
He usually splits up the buggies and trucks now, as long as there are at least a few racers in each class.

He has a track in PA now

Here is video from this past summer of us racing stadium lites on the new track. I'm not sure if he plans on changing it at all for this season.
YouTube - NOORA Round 2 Stadium Lite / Pilot main race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeALq9z8xWU)

K-fab
02-14-2010, 08:18 AM
Being that I rarely make plans much more than a few weeks out, please keep me posted on when the races will be. I really need to get in the Briggs car(s) and come play with you guys.

A poke in the side on occasion to keep this fresh in my mind will help a lot.

mhall
05-18-2011, 06:13 PM
glad to see this is finally taking off.

dan catalyst
12-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Three palms extreme sports park just north of Houston TX has a place to practice and potentially race. ive seen trophy lites and also utv's there.its a world class facility with 5 motorcross tracks, a 4 wheeler track and this 'utv track' they call it. i asked about mini buggies and they had no idea what i was talking about,lol, but we could learn 'em!

pjohnson66
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Midwest cross country racing in Indiana has woods racing for utv's and the mini buggies. Wide tracks so not tearing stuff up. Indiana Cross country series also has races for utv's and im sure will let mini buggies run.