PDA

View Full Version : ST2:Next Generation

Glock n Ballz
01-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey guys,

So I have had this ST2 (the old school one) plan book for like 5 years now and have yet to get off of my butt and do anything about it. I have purchased all tubing and cut eveything to length. Since then it has been sitting there in a neat pile in the back shed.
So...looks like I have the bug again. (5 yrs later) I cleaned out my garage, built a "build table" and have been looking high and low for my plans for the bugg and cannot find them anwhere!!! I have my ST2 Long Travel plans and I have my ST4 plans, but not the first one I bought-the "next generation" as they dubbed it.

Case and Point:
Anyone think if I call B.L.B. they will hook my up with a replacement set of plans, since I already paid for them once, way back when??? I mean we are talking 50 bucks...

Thanks-
Glock n Ballz [smilie=strokin.gif]
Ft. Worth, Texas

N8ball
01-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Badlands would be the first call I would make. If you want speculation from people who don't actually know, wait around and someone else might chime in.

This is my opinion- They have no way of knowing if you built the car or sold the plans. I would think that they know if you bought them but not much more. Based on that I'd think you're S.O.L. Who knows, they may be more trusting than me. Think about it this way- If you bought something from a store, would you expect the store to replace it if you lost it and called them 5 years later?

Glock n Ballz
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
No I would not "expect it", but it does not cost much to ask.
Which is exactly what I did. I spoke with Bruce today at Badland Buggy and I explained who I was and the whole back story and about how I have bought plans for three of his buggys and am just now starting...He understood completely and is E-Mailing me the plans again tonight, along with the CAD files and plate work files. He was totally cool about it. I really expected to pay another 50 bucks, but I was very lucky today. The buggy gods are smiling on me.

Thank you for your reply.

Woohoo![smilie=ecstatic.gi:

N8ball
01-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Nice! Good luck on the build! Keep us posted on progress. seeing others build stuff is great inspiration.

Glock n Ballz
01-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks N8! I'll do that.