PDA

View Full Version : gloves for WET and COLD

54chevy
01-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey what brand of gloves is everybody wearing this winter. My warmest gloves aren't very waterproof. I hit a mudhole on a mountain trail last weekend and got soaked with sheets of ice and water and my hands were wet and cold the rest of the day. Looking for input on cold weather waterproof gloves.

The Kar Audio Guy
01-08-2010, 10:45 AM
go to a snowborad shop and get some halfpipe gloves. I run Dakine Viper gloves on my sled

Philabuster
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
go to a snowborad shop and get some halfpipe gloves. I run Dakine Viper gloves on my sled

Yep. Second the snowboard gloves. I use them because that is what I have. :D Snowmobile gloves would be a good choice too.

turbotexas
02-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Well in South Texas you get funny looks when you mention a smnowboard LOL I use the blue doctor gloves you can now find at most parts stores under my regular riding gloves... blocks the wind and keeps you dry at least in the hands

erion01
02-03-2010, 09:22 PM
Check for fire fighter gloves. I am a volunteer fire fighter and we have gloves that when it is 10 degrees out with soaking wet gloves and your hands are still warm.

wyattboche
02-04-2010, 01:19 AM
Check for fire fighter gloves. I am a volunteer fire fighter and we have gloves that when it is 10 degrees out with soaking wet gloves and your hands are still warm.
I bet those might be alittle spendy? What is your price range?

erion01
02-04-2010, 08:30 AM
I bet those might be alittle spendy? What is your price range?
I think they cost around 50$ a pair but they sure keep your hands worm.

54chevy
02-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I was hoping for $30 or $40. Yeah there aren't many snowboard shops in East Tenn either. I think I will try the nitrile gloves under my regular gloves the next time I am out. This work stuff is really killing my riding time, but it certainly helps to pay for the next build.

diirk
02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I usually wear the winter gloves that Costco sell every year. They're designed like ski/snowboard gloves, are warm and waterproof. And they only cost about $15. The downside is that they're not fireproof....but duct tape seems to fix the fire damage just fine....