PDA

View Full Version : Turnkey Buggies??

HYPR
12-27-2009, 07:16 PM
After spending hours reading threads, searching classifieds, looking a vendors I have come to a conclusion (I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake I guess!)
Looking at what is available for the under 12' long buggys on the off the showroom floor so to speak seems to range from the off shore products in the $10K price range like the Joyners to the next step up in the mid $20K range (street prices) like the Predator X18. Am I wrong or is there a gap here between the Joyner like products and the Predator X18 like products?
If the threads here and classifieds I see, as well as the other research I have done rings true can I assume there are no shifter cars available in the Predator X18 like products range?
Being a novice in this arena leads me to believe the market is extremely segmated with large price gaps yeilding a tremendous opportunity for someone to fill.
Ideal to me would be a long travel short car with a weight in the range of 1300-1500 lbs with about 250HP. By short I am thinking under 12' and about 80*-86" wide. In my world this is a very tame motor which would deliver an excellent HP:Wieght ratio with plenty of room for engine modification when the driver skill level increases which translates to a long user life. I am not sure I need a shifter car but of course with M/C engines this is standard equipment and M/C engines have an obvious power to wieght ratio to car motors including the EcoTec I was thinking of.
I also see a void in a roller chassis product that looks like and feels like a Predator X18 that the consumer can supply their own motor, wheels, seats, lights, and stuff. Am I missing something?
Bob

yoshi
12-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Ideal to me would be a long travel short car with a weight in the range of 1300-1500 lbs with about 250HP. By short I am thinking under 12' and about 80*-86" wide.

I meet those dimensions with dirt tires (90" wide with rear paddles), and with a built or turbo busa motor, I also meet the desired hp.

I also offer rollers...

What's your budget?

The Kar Audio Guy
12-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Bob,

I would play it safe and get something from Yoshi, ProtoDie,Doug Heim these rails are sic.

I think both the Joyners and Predator X18 buggies are made overseas. someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Gene
12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Look at classified ads on Dunebuggy.com and EBay Powersports for some turnkey cars under 20k including a Predator. Out of all of them I think the Predator is the best one.

There are several MC powered cars to be had but I would be very hesitant because the geometry on several of them is effing dismal.

Predator is American designed and assembled. Chevy Ecotech engine and primarily Chinese components. A good car from what I read.

The Kar Audio Guy
12-27-2009, 07:35 PM
Predator is American designed and assembled. Chevy Ecotech engine and primarily Chinese components. A good car from what I read.

thanks Gene. I know they had some stuff from over there just wasnt sure how much.

nutz4sand
12-27-2009, 07:42 PM
I am not sure I need a shifter car but of course with M/C engines this is standard equipment and M/C engines have an obvious power to wieght ratio to car motors including the EcoTec I was thinking of.

The ecotech cars I have seen are pretty quick with the cvt and the motors can be heated up with some go fast stuff easy too.

Aside from the motorcycle motors that big Yamaha sled fourstrokes are mean powerplants if you do not want to shift and like a CVT.

All told if you want to buy and not build and got the budget you quoted I would be talking to Yoshi. Hands down.

HYPR
12-27-2009, 07:47 PM
I meet those dimensions with dirt tires (90" wide with rear paddles), and with a built or turbo busa motor, I also meet the desired hp.

I also offer rollers...

What's your budget?
Yoshi,
I think I need to take a closer look at your website.
Our budget is in the $10K range (it started at $7K-$8K but sadly nothing of interest there other than Joyners and old short travel and I beam Sand Rails). I do not mind doing some building, in fact I prefer it because not only can you save money but you learn about the cart that way. I have built every Hot Rod and most of the Motorcycles I have owned with a few exceptions and those I took apart down to the frame to get a better understanding of them.
To begin I think I would start with something in the 150HP-170HP range and as my driving improved I could tweak it up.
At present use would be 90-95% off road not desert.
Maybe I should call you and see if there is something you can offer that would be a good start before I waste too much of your time.
Bob

yoshi
12-27-2009, 08:08 PM
Yoshi,
I think I need to take a closer look at your website.
Our budget is in the $10K range (it started at $7K-$8K but sadly nothing of interest there other than Joyners and old short travel and I beam Sand Rails). I do not mind doing some building, in fact I prefer it because not only can you save money but you learn about the cart that way. I have built every Hot Rod and most of the Motorcycles I have owned with a few exceptions and those I took apart down to the frame to get a better understanding of them.
To begin I think I would start with something in the 150HP-170HP range and as my driving improved I could tweak it up.
At present use would be 90-95% off road not desert.
Maybe I should call you and see if there is something you can offer that would be a good start before I waste too much of your time.
Bob

My frame kit is $6,649, and comes welded and tabbed for a busa powerplant/suspension components, the only welding you have is misc stuff like gas tanks, radiator, lights, etc, even the seat and seatbelt tabs are there.

feel free to call anytime, 918-521-3736.....

minus the powdercoat, attached are some pics of what's included in the starter package I offer for $6,649....

HYPR
12-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Man, looks like I gotta sell some more houses! Too many buyers and not enough inventory! Now where are my cousins Guido and Vinny? I think I need them to er...persuade some more folks that it would be in their best interest to relocate! After all we's wouldn't want to see their health deteriate right??[smilie=gun_gun.gif]Daddy needs a new buggy.:rolleyes:
Bob