PDA

View Full Version : R1 Rhino... Insane.. Video

TutTech
10-30-2009, 08:46 AM
Did I miss this post somewhere? Or has no one posted about this?
This is Cory Weller in her Rhino with an R1 1000cc engine in her rhino.

This is awesome check out this video she posted on her site.
Oh and in case you don't know she is the white one. ha ha.

YouTube - SR1 Race UTV Testing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bim-tj7nQ1A&feature=player_embedded)

Wow!!!
:eek:
She has raced it at the Female Powder Puff race at MORE but I never new she did this to it until just now.
Very cool and insane at the same time.
Sweet.

Bugpac
10-30-2009, 08:59 AM
I think she is a member here, Posted about it for a while then said she was selling it to do something else, I thought...

ffjosh
10-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Its a pretty cool machine for sure!

yoshi
10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
The tires should last longer, seeing how their not on the ground as much......:D

Wild Earp
10-30-2009, 12:01 PM
Im building a SR1 car right now too, with Wellers kit. Going to be using a 05 R1. The SR1 is brand new. That car Corry is driving is the first one. They are selling a kit to install the R1 in a rhino as easily and cheaply as possible. Its a sweet setup. The kits are just now shipping out this week, and Im expecting mine next week.

The old car your thinking about is different. This is the 3rd street bike motored rhino they have done. A CBR600 and then another one I cant remember.

Gene
10-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Cory is a member but I don't remember her screen name. At GD it was 450girl or something like that.

She's made her name on talent. I think her husband and family are lucky.

Probably left here a few years ago for reasons only known to her . . . would like to see her come back.

TutTech
10-31-2009, 02:20 PM
I will ask her too come over and show us more and talk to us.
As for her rhino it is brand new and this is a pretty new deal. It has been out and has been fully tested and they are now offering the kits or installs. Might have been something else but ya this is a pretty new deal and she brought it out to the Female Powder Puff race my wife just had and it was awesome and boy is it loud though... ha ha.

Very cool and ya she is top notch driver and fun to hear her talk about her racing. You can tell she loves it. Plus she hangs with and beats the boys so that is kudos for her.
;)

There are some other videos on her site but I just posted that one. Ya funny about the tires but man I would be afraid to be in a short wheel base rhino flying like 6 times the length of my own wheel base at those speeds... man she has no fear!! :eek:

Awesome!

WildEarp can you post up photos and information about your build? Or did I just miss it?

Cool thanks.
;)

CBRhino
11-02-2009, 11:20 AM
Hey Guys!! :)

First of all, I'm glad I remembered my old screen name!! :) lol! Tut was kind enough to drop me a PM and let me know that he posted my SR1 video on here!

A couple of years ago we built our first streetbike powered Rhino, fondly dubbed the "Super Rhino". We used a CBR600 motor for that first one.....it worked well, even with a heavy car, but we wanted more low end grunt - so we swapped that motor out for an SV1000. That motor definitely had more low end, and we had a good time with the Super Rhino with desert stuff and the dunes. We decided to get into short course racing, and began to build the white Rhino that I currently have. We sold the old Super Rhino to a gentleman in Vegas. BTW - I see pics/results of the Super Rhino in BITD races, so it's great to see that it's still alive and well out there!!

I raced my new short course Rhino from the end of 2007 until now, racing in every series from the ITP Quadcross, The Dragonfire World Cup races, CORR, LOORRS, BITD, MORE, and Whiplash. We specialize in building UTV motors, so shortcourse was right up our alley, and I love to jump, so......it was good all around!

With the v-twin motors coming out in the Polaris RZR and the Kawi Teryx, the Rhinos had to start really building up their single cylinder motors to compete - after a while, it got to be SO expensive to do this, that UTV racing lost most of it's Rhino racers.....

We decided to come up with an affordable, simple way to give those race Rhinos a ton of power, and make racing fun and affordable again, so we developed an R1 motor kit specifically for the Yamaha Rhino chassis. We chose the R1 motors because they are plentiful, affordable, and have a really use-able powerband - plus, when you keep it all in the Yamaha family, things like wiring harnesses, etc are much simpler to deal with.

So....my "SR1" was born (stands for "Super Rhino 1" - a tribute to the original Super Rhino - lol), and while it's the exact same race Rhino I've been racing since 2007, it's a WHOLE new machine powerwise!! :)

We have been testing it in some of the roughest races out there, and just took it to the dunes for Halloween! Super fun, great power, and very reliable - it's a great motor to run totally stock and just run pump gas, etc.....

Anyway - that's a quickie rundown!! :) Thanks so much for the kind words, you guys, and looks like I'll have to hang around here some more now!

As for the jumping thing....it can get a little tricky jumping so far in a short little wheel base - you gotta be pretty sure that the lips won't throw you sideways before you hit them real hard! :)

PS - Looking to get some paddles for the SR1 - anyone have any recommendations for a good, wide paddle that is around 26" or 27"? I just ran some bald Big Horns at the dunes, and while it did fine, I'd love to get some real hook-up!! :)

MC@ Performance Fab
11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
Sand Tires Unlimited 26x12, the pro series if you are looking for width.
I am almost finished with a R1 build. Might give you a call.

CBRhino
11-02-2009, 06:37 PM
I was checking their website out on my phone last night on the way home....I thought I found saw some paddles I really liked, but need to take a closer look - if those are the ones that look like mini sand-rail paddles, I'm in!! :)

TutTech
11-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Wow thanks Cory for that awesome run down of your UTV. I have to say I love it.
Very cool and man you really just tear it up out there racing. Heck everytime I see you racing your on it!

Good times.
Well next time your at a MORE event Pepper and I will try to say hi or please do the same if you
see us.

As always be safe out there, good luck with your racing and Keep on kicking butt!

;):)

Wild Earp
11-06-2009, 05:45 PM
WildEarp can you post up photos and information about your build? Or did I just miss it?

Cool thanks.
;)

Sure Thing! I just got my kit in today. Its a great looking setup, and looks like it will be a pretty darn easy install.

Sorry the pictures are so big. The other forums I use automatically size them down, but still allow you to see them at full res if you want, so I do them a little big, for the people that want to see the details.

http://www.racinforacure.com/images/rhino/IMG_0971.jpg

http://www.racinforacure.com/images/rhino/SDR1_barechassis.jpg

http://www.racinforacure.com/images/rhino/SDR1_headers.jpg

http://www.racinforacure.com/images/rhino/SR1kit.jpg