PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake 10-10-09

odypilots
10-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I'll be headed up this Saturday, the 10th. May also make it up 10-17-09. Nutz, you gonna be around, and when are you gonna build a buggy so you can run hard without risking a trip over the bars?

nutz4sand
10-07-2009, 01:00 PM
I'll be headed up this Saturday, the 10th. May also make it up 10-17-09. Nutz, you gonna be around, and when are you gonna build a buggy so you can run hard without risking a trip over the bars?

Actually we were planning on a trip to the dunes this Saturday and my buddy from Chicago with his stock pilot is coming up (weather permitting) and if he showed up I was going!

We have had CRAZY winds and the dunes got some SERIOUS drop offs on the tailsides. Elsewhere to and sand so soft in drifts your driving along and you just sink even at speed.

A buggy. yah I keep telling myself I need too build one. I do have most nearly all I need to complete one here and I SHOULD have built one by now. I want one so bad and find the dumbest reasons to not start a new build on one.

One of my quads engines came unglued so thats taking some loot I aint got.
I had a guy who wanted them both and it would have landed me in a buggy even if not my own build. (provided the hayabusa motor in the buggy had a good motor/tranny)

Sadely with no (real) work finances are not good. Truth is I keep finding other things to do here and I hate myself for it. To little time on buggies and to much on other things that just break.

Even as I type this I have other windows open on my computer looking for decent work.

Not much of its in Michigan. I am looking for work down near Okalahomas LS sand dunes and especially in the Salt Lake City, Utah area as they got more dune areas around there than anywhere. And not too bad a drive to Dumont and Glamis. Looking to maybe go to Phoenix too. I have always liked it there.

Either way I may be going south/west here sooner than later. Just trying to sell off the bigger stuff I cannot take.

Hopefulley will see you this weekend. Bill

I do miss the buggies I had. Never should have sold them till I got a new one...

odypilots
10-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Damn, that was a long answer! I hope your friend makes it! See ya, Dave

LiveWire
10-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Dave, I have been meaning to call. Randy and I will be heading out there on the 24th. Breeze and other's will be there. They are heading to a race on the weekend of the 10th so felt the 17th would be too quick for another outing.

odypilots
10-08-2009, 10:07 AM
Dave, I have been meaning to call. Randy and I will be heading out there on the 24th. Breeze and other's will be there. They are heading to a race on the weekend of the 10th so felt the 17th would be too quick for another outing.

10-4! Will they be bringing the package?

LiveWire
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
10-4! Will they be bringing the package?

Yes. The exchange will most likely take place Friday evening.