PDA

View Full Version : Prowler 1000 need help

adubaz7
09-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I need to relocate my filler tube it basically just needs to have a heavier angle so I can lower the seat above it. My question is with a plastic tank if I cut it can I use just a silicone hose from say a intercooler pipe kit or will the fuel eat the silicone coupler.
If you have any suggestions please help me out tube is 3 1/4in

megadesertdisel
09-27-2009, 06:29 PM
I need to relocate my filler tube it basically just needs to have a heavier angle so I can lower the seat above it. My question is with a plastic tank if I cut it can I use just a silicone hose from say a intercooler pipe kit or will the fuel eat the silicone coupler.
If you have any suggestions please help me out tube is 3 1/4in

i dont know about silicone hose but clear hose is used all of the time for fuel fillers. UTV Crap in AZ has an AC 1000 with a seat drop you might call and ask what they did.

minibajaman
09-27-2009, 07:37 PM
According to Samco Sport (http://samcosport.com/usa/race_parts.asp) silicone hoses they "do not recommend any silicone hose to be used for permanent exposure to Fuel e.g. fuel lines". So for something like a filler tube, which will be in frequent contact with fuel, it would not be my first choice. I think that the silicone will hold up for a while, but eventually the fuel starts to break it down.