PDA

View Full Version : www.desertkarts.com

trenton ohio
03-25-2009, 03:52 PM
has any one ever bought parts from this site ?

MidMo
03-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Yup, takes forever to get them, do a search.

minibajaman
03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I ordered some parts from there a few years ago and everything went fine.

Here are some more recent discussions on this topic:

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/minibuggy-net-lounge/6492-greg-desertkarts.html

http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/minibuggy-net-lounge/9451-desert-karts.html

trenton ohio
03-25-2009, 04:39 PM
well i wish i never placed a order there now have to call the visa folks and find the parts some where else

Bugpac
03-25-2009, 06:33 PM
well i wish i never placed a order there now have to call the visa folks and find the parts some where else

When did you buy them, give him a chance before you call visa anyways... Call him direct and see if he answers...

trenton ohio
03-25-2009, 06:36 PM
i have sent 8 to 10 emails in the past week i have call for a week 4 times a day and the phone mail box is full dont even ring 1 time .

Bugpac
03-25-2009, 06:37 PM
i have sent 8 to 10 emails in the past week i have call for a week 4 times a day and the phone mail box is full dont even ring 1 time .

Good time to call the visa then, Its a shame that he has managed to ruin his reputation...

sicksand
03-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Seems that noone has been happy with him for a while now,problems with shipping and ordering...

trenton ohio
03-25-2009, 10:09 PM
well i just bought the parts from someone else i need parts this summer .i hope he reads his mail and refunds the money with out a fight .i will read the post here more from now on about online sellers

trenton ohio
03-27-2009, 05:12 PM
well the visa folks said they will get my cash back so i guess i am lucky

ExpertXViper
05-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Well I WAS in need of CVs, Axles, Bolts, Boots. I contacted him via email regarding my needs, got a response telling me he didnt have everything I needed. But he would have everything in this past monday. WELL..........still no response...so my order went to Pacific Customs......Its really to bad to see people turning away customers esp. when there willing to spend big bucks.

Deadeye76
05-14-2009, 04:27 AM
I ordered some parts off of him it took over a month to get them in. It sent me an email with some excuse that he had been paying rent but his landlord hadnt been paying the payment on the property and he had to move in a hurry so they could auction the property off. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and placed another order. After another month had'nt heard a word from him. Sent a blue million emails to him with no response. Only after I finally got pissed and sent him an email telling him to refund my money did I get a response.

There is several post on here about how slow he is and all the excuses he makes. I don't think many people have had much success and satisfaction with desertkarts.

In my opinion don't bother. I ordered the same parts from Dansperformance and had them in about a week.

nutz4sand
05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
I got my plans from Dessertkarts a bit ago and they arrived quickly.
I can see frustration from ordering parts and not getting them but in all honesty there is not much on the Panther that cannot be upgraded with common parts to make it better anyways. Or parts you can get quick from other parts makers (like Gear One)

The plans are still a sound foundation/guide to build on with personal mods to suit your taste. Bill

mcmccu
12-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I just left a message for Greg @ dessertkarts. He called me back 30 seconds later. The issue was I had ordered some parts a long time ago and had asked him to delay shipping because I thought I might want to order more stuff. I wanted to save on the shipping. (I orginally ordered this stuff well over a year ago) He said he would ship it right away. I am pretty sure he doesn't read his email ever. I have been building my first project from his plans off and on for 4 years. He has always called me back promptly, shipped promptly, been extremely helpful and always honest. I would highly reccomend him as a supplier and info source for your project. If you have a question about DessertKarts just call Greg 928 257-5376 and decide for yourself.

Greg@desertkarts
12-07-2010, 08:48 PM
i Just Left A Message For Greg @ Dessertkarts. He Called Me Back 30 Seconds Later. The Issue Was I Had Ordered Some Parts A Long Time Ago And Had Asked Him To Delay Shipping Because I Thought I Might Want To Order More Stuff. I Wanted To Save On The Shipping. (i Orginally Ordered This Stuff Well Over A Year Ago) He Said He Would Ship It Right Away. I Am Pretty Sure He Doesn't Read His Email Ever. I Have Been Building My First Project From His Plans Off And On For 4 Years. He Has Always Called Me Back Promptly, Shipped Promptly, Been Extremely Helpful And Always Honest. I Would Highly Reccomend Him As A Supplier And Info Source For Your Project. If You Have A Question About Dessertkarts Just Call Greg 928 257-5376 And Decide For Yourself.

928-257-5162

Goingforsound
01-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey greg,

if you look at this, take a look at your email box. I tried to reach you, project is on hold waiting for the parts 25 days!