PDA

View Full Version : NOORA - PA Lites/buggy racing

minibajaman
03-15-2009, 10:15 PM
Home Page (http://www.noora.freewebtools.com/index.html)

I believe this organization used to race in eastern Ohio, but it appears now the track is in western PA and only a little over an hour away from me. They have made classes for Stadium lites/Pilots before as long as people show up to race. I would be down for any of these if other people show up.

Two of the dates are the same as GNCC races though, so I would imagine anyone interested in racing should pick one or the other so the classes don't get spread too thin.

odypilots
03-16-2009, 06:50 AM
That's the group I raced with quite a bit. Good people. I'd consider making some of those races.

minibajaman
06-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Bump, race this Saturday the 27th. Myself and Odypilots will be there.

odypilots
06-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Update. The week at St Joe took it out of me and Deanna. We're home and won't be making the race. I tried pretty hard, but she said we just went 1500 miles THIS way, and now you want to go HOW FAR THAT WAY? Nooooooooooope.

minibajaman
06-27-2009, 07:29 PM
No problem Dave, hope to see you at the next one. I went today, the Pilot class consisted of me and the Barkley bros were their with their CR500 long travel Pilots. It was a lot of fun, I will post a full report later.

minibajaman
06-29-2009, 09:02 PM
Race report:

The track is new this year, apparently the old location in Ohio changed land use policies and is now gamelands or something so no more racetrack. The same people that ran those races are still running it now, and built this new track in their backyard. It is approximately a 1/2 mile loop, with several off camber corners, a few small jumps and one medium jump. Overall the track is pretty fast, I only had to slow down for maybe 3 of the turns and not at all for the jumps.

Anyway, it turned out to be only 3 cars in the Pilot/Stadium lite class. Myself, and two brothers who have been racing Pilots for years. They both had fully modified Pilots, one of which is Radical's old Pilot. I think that they were feeling pretty smug about their abilities while talking and looking over buggies in the parking lot. They had raced this track once before, while it was my first time.

The race format is practice, then two races with a break in between. The second race is always more laps then the first so there cannot be a tie. It was up to the drivers to decide how many laps to do, so we picked 8 and 10 laps for our class. The larger buggies did 10 and 12 laps. We drew straws for starting position for the first race, and I was last. The second race reverse the starting order of the first one. All races are rolling start.

The first race was tough because I started in the back and got stuck eating roost off both cars in front of me. I was really surprised that all of our buggies were very evenly matched, so much so that no passes were made the entire first race. We left the line about 20 ft apart and finished about 20ft apart as well. I just couldn't get the extra speed anywhere to make a pass, and no one made a mistake either.

For the second race I gridded 1st since I finished last in the first race. My only objective therefore was to not make any mistakes and not let anyone pass. The brother driving the Radical pilot was very close to me for the first several laps, and a few times I saw him start to try to pass me going in to a corner, but I held my line and he had to back off. Eventually, one of the Pilots made a mistake, and the last few laps I could relax a little as I realized they were starting to fall back. I took 1st place in this race, which meant I won the class for the day [smilie=ext_hooray.:.

The brother driving the Radical pilot was quite pissed that I won, as he didn't seem used to the idea of losing. He claimed I cut him off a couple times, but I didn't do anything intentional or out of the scope of racing. If I am in first, I'm going to take whatever line I chose around the track, and if someone is trying to pass me on the inside going into a corner as I'm turning into the corner, I don't have to back off to let them do it, that's racing, and not cutting anyone off. I don't think I was in the wrong anywhere.

Anyway, even though the racing was fairly short time wise, it feels a lot longer when driving and was extremely fun. I'm looking forward to the next race, too bad it isn't until late September. Here are some pictures and a video of the second race.

YouTube - NOORA Round 2 Stadium Lite / Pilot main race (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeALq9z8xWU)

odypilots
06-29-2009, 11:01 PM
You are really outdoing yourself, another great writeup! THANK YOU for the video of the track. I've really been eager to see what they came up with. I like it, but wish the trees weren't in the middle of the track. What's behind the trees, a corner, or a jump, too?

So you met the Barkleys, Ben and Chris? They both can be pretty fast. I think I see Dan in one of the pictures. Speaking of pictures, it looks as though you are lapping the opposite direction of the video. Playing around?

I watched the video twice, and it looks as though you drove a very nice race to win, and unless something happened behind the trees, everything looked clean, on their part as well. A lot of good racing for you two in the second race, him trying you so often, and you holding him off. Great fun to watch! Much more fun to do. Even running in second, I'd have been overjoyed with the ammount of close running and passing chances he had.

minibajaman
06-29-2009, 11:33 PM
My friend took the video. The first race ran the track in the opposite direction, which explains the pictures. We also had some practice time before the racing where we got to run the track both directions. Behind the trees in the video is just some corners, no jumps. Almost every corner is off-camber on this track, which makes it interesting. Yes Ben and Chris were the guys racing me. Chris is in the Radical pilot and has a slight advantage over Ben. Chris made a point to say after the race that he was taking it easy on me since it was my first race in a relatively newly built car, but he would not be so friendly next time. :rolleyes: We'll see about that. :p It was definitely a ton of fun. You need to come out next time and show us what that 600 Pilot can do!

odypilots
06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
It will take an act of Congress to keep me away!

studebaker
06-30-2009, 08:39 PM
cool race. close racing is what makes it exciting ! the track looks pretty good although a little narrow. how many buggy's showed up ?

Bugpac
06-30-2009, 08:44 PM
cool race. close racing is what makes it exciting ! the track looks pretty good although a little narrow. how many buggy's showed up ?

narrow? you could run 10 wide there...:D

minibajaman
06-30-2009, 08:56 PM

Yes it was close racing and exciting for sure! [smilie=rockout3.gi: The track is plenty wide, at least 3 or 4 cars wide everywhere, but it is just hard to pass when all the buggies were so evenly matched in speed. There were only 3 of us in the Pilot/Stadium lite class, but there were 7 full size buggies and 1 truck in the other group. Not a huge turnout, mostly locals, but fun nonetheless.

studebaker
07-01-2009, 06:22 PM
it just looks a little narrow on video i suppose. for lites it would'nt matter but in a full size car if the tracks not close to 50' wide its to easy to make the car wide enough to hold off passes. i thought about coming down there when they had the old track but with our club already booked for 8 weekends and the need for a passport now have squashed that idea. hows the soil ? it looks somewhat solid enough to not berm up to bad. :cool:

minibajaman
09-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Bump, next race is September 26th. As of now I am planning on going. Come on, who else is interested, we need more than 3 racers this time!

odypilots
09-15-2009, 10:36 AM
I've just got back in from the garage getting ready for this. You can count on at least one more! [smilie=thumbs_up.g:

bazz
09-16-2009, 07:46 AM
I have just watched this vid and enjoyed it very much,thanks for taking the time and effort to post Mini.Don't know why I have'nt seen this topic earlier tho, der?:confused:
Race was great! Again it's Not the size of the dog in the fight,But the size of the fight in the Dog!...Woof!:D
STILL Can't believe tho, how in a country the size of USA,population,technology,opertunities,$$$ ,etc ONLY 3 Buggies turn up?...WTF?:confused:
West Australia,the state I Bludge in,has seemingly/population a ratio of buggy racers completely out of kilter.We have a large state,but very sparsely populated.The most isolated capital city in the world.We still have tho at least about 12 and rising racers..We ARE Downunder for Christ's Sake![smilie=rofl.gif]
Good luck to you Davo,and Mini,have fun!Be safe.
Can't wait for the Race Vids Davo,or is it Deana?:D
Hopefully I'll(Kelly):rolleyes: be able to provide some race vids soon as well...Frustrated Baz!:cool:

odypilots
09-16-2009, 09:31 AM
Deanna will be on the scene, so we should have some video for ya, Bazz.

bazz
09-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Bless you both![smilie=rockout3.gi:
I now have a reason to continue Breathing! [smilie=mhihi.gif]

LiveWire
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Clackster (the new owner of the Formula Cross previously owned by BugPac) and I rode on the track here on labor day weekend. The track had three very wet spots and was dusty elsewhere. So I scraped the mud over the dust and it wasn't too bad.

odypilots
09-16-2009, 06:02 PM
How did he like it? Who was faster? And the most interesting question, are you going to drag them to Pennsylvania?

LiveWire
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
He liked it. We did not actually race. I went on the track first and the gap increased in size. That may have been due to him wanting to stay out of my roost though. We discussed going down there. Then we decided we would rather go to Silver Lake if anything. So I thought I might check in on Shifter and see if he thought he could put things back together for on of the last weekends of the year.

odypilots
09-17-2009, 06:01 PM
Shucks.:(

odypilots
09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Bump, next race is September 26th. As of now I am planning on going. Come on, who else is interested, we need more than 3 racers this time!

Are you still a go?:)

minibajaman
09-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Yep, still going. Worked on my buggy all day today, will be there for sure tomorrow.

odypilots
09-26-2009, 01:27 AM
See you there!

odypilots
09-27-2009, 12:25 PM
09-26-09 The darling Deanna and I headed out about 3 am for the
Rolling W Ranch off road track in north west Pennsylvania. I know
off road racing isn't a good fit with big towns, but do the tracks have
to be in the middle of nowhere? After meandering around some country
lanes that, on another day could have been quite enjoyable, we find
the track.

A few full sized buggies are already there, but we're pretty early, so it
wasn't too surprising that no other minis were there yet. A view of the
track seemed to indicate that it was a horse power track. That assumption
would soon be corrected! Minibajaman got there, but I wasn't able to get
down to his pits right away, being busy catching up with the promoters
who I had missed from my days racing at Spring Valley in Ohio.

I missed the Barkleys' arrival, but noticed them scoping my Pilot out.
Pretty soon Justin (minibajaman) came down with his friend, and we go to
his pit to check out his buggy. It's a very nice car with a lot of neat touches
and details. It sure is compact, too!

The first corner of practice reveals that after the re valving of my rear shocks,
the nitrogen pressure needs to be increased. Pull off before the session is over,
scramble to add nitrogen, and ask for a couple of laps after the trucks ran
their final practice. Those laps told me I was at least close.

But two laps on a unfamiliar track had me a bit unsure. The draw to set the
line up gave me the pole, and I didn't want to lead into the first corner, so
I told the guys I'd choose the outside on the two by two start, and pull over
and let them go. It had been a drizzly day, and it continued into our first race,
which left the track in perfect condition. Justin led from the start, with Chris
in a 500cc Pilot, Ben in a 500cc stadium buggy, then me with my 600cc. The
first corner at the end of the long start straight went alright for me, but I blew
the second corner back down the hill, and pushed out into the grass.

Ben's car had a problem with fuel delivery, so I was able to get by him.
Chris started closing the gap on Justin, and in a few laps put a nice pass
on him. I was starting to learn the track a bit, and settled into third, as first
and second were way out there, which allowed me to think about the
track, not other cars. We finished in that order.

Between the first and second heats, the rain picked up to a steady medium rain
which turned the track surface into a thick clumping mud that would really
build up on the cars. For the final moto, they inverted the FINISHING order of
the first race, not the starting order. I thought that was unfair to Chris, as it
put him in the back again, but he didn't seem to mind, so, Ben started on
pole, me outside, with Justin and Chris in the second row, Chris outside.

I led the first couple laps, with Chris working to second, and Justin and Ben
going at it. I began to hear Chris, so I knew he was close. He gave me a tap
that sent me to the infield, and by the time I got going again, he was gone.
As the battle behind raged, Ben over rotated in the last corner, and flipped
when he ran over the tire that marked the course, bringing out the red flag.

I was hoping they would give me the lead back, but I learned after the race
that the course workers had confered, and no one saw the contact. I was just
glad to be back in touch with the leader. I got a great drive off the restart,
and passed Chris right away. That left me happy and concerned at the same
time, concerned that there may be more contact. There were about 4 laps left,
and I never felt his presence, and on the final lap, saw him sitting on the side
of the track. Finish order: Dave, Justin, Ben, and Chris. My 3-1 finishes beat
Justin's 2-2, so I got the overall win.

It was great to meeet Justin, and Ben and Chris were just as I remembered
them from Spring Valley. The track turned out to have high enough speed
straights to make the off camber corners VERY tricky, so I rate the track
as technical, which is my favorite kind of track. I'm eager to go back and
learn it some more. I hope to see you there!

minibajaman
09-27-2009, 02:31 PM
Great write up Dave, and nice meeting you too.

I don't have much to add after that thorough report, other than I enjoyed the first race much more than the second. I'm not a big fan of racing in mud since I wasn't able to see much of anything for most of the second race. But it was still a good time overall.

I need to work on a few things with my buggy. In the mud, it doesn't steer worth a shit. There was almost no grip from the front tires. I have another set of tires that I can swap on and try those out, plus I may need to mess with the suspension pressures to get a little more weight on the front end. Also, I think I need to look into my CVT tuning as I still don't think it is fully shifting out on the straights.

Here are a few post-second race pictures. I will eventually get a video up on youtube.

bazz
09-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Great write up Davo....But 3am![smilie=bs_help.gif]
Can't wait for all you guys,& better weather,to do it all again.
Only complaint is...where's the vids, Bloke?:rolleyes:

odypilots
09-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I need to work on a few things with my buggy. In the mud, it doesn't steer worth a shit. There was almost no grip from the front tires. I have another set of tires that I can swap on and try those out, plus I may need to mess with the suspension pressures to get a little more weight on the front end.

I had a lot of time on the ride home, and I got to thinking about your steering problem in the mud. If you're very happy with the steering in the dry, it would seem to be a tire problem. I know you said you had other tires to try. I was looking back through your build thread, and saw the tires that are in your very first post, sitting next to the rears that you moved to the front. Shorter, narrower, and a bit more rounded. Those may bite down through the mud, rather than float on top, as well as lower the front a touch.

Your thoughts on suspension look to have merit, as we talked about after the race. From the pictures you posted, the car seems to be setting quite far into the travel of the rear shocks. I realize there's a ton of mud weighting the car down, but it still seems excessive. Were you in the car when the picture from the rear was taken? We were in such a hurry to get headed home, I didn't even think about that I had my nitrogen bottle with me, and that we could have added some pressure to the rears. That would have been good to try, as you could have tested it right then under the same conditions. Maybe you wouldn't have been so eager to go back out there, anyways, though! I hope you don't have those conditions to run in again any time soon.:)

odypilots
09-28-2009, 10:03 AM
Great write up Davo....But 3am![smilie=bs_help.gif]
Can't wait for all you guys,& better weather,to do it all again.
Only complaint is...where's the vids, Bloke?:rolleyes:

Now that we know where the track is, we may be able to sleep in til 4 next time.[smilie=whistle.gif]

She's a comin', Bazz, so once I get Deanna taken care of, I'll get to work on the video!

odypilots
09-28-2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.minibuggy.net/forum/attachments/projects-progress/14767d1243603514-pilot-sized-long-travel-pilot-vs-homemadebuggygncc.jpg

Say, Justin, what ever became of the front fenders you had on in this picture? I'm thinking of adding something like them to my Pilots.

minibajaman
09-28-2009, 01:56 PM
I had a lot of time on the ride home, and I got to thinking about your steering problem in the mud. If you're very happy with the steering in the dry, it would seem to be a tire problem. I know you said you had other tires to try. I was looking back through your build thread, and saw the tires that are in your very first post, sitting next to the rears that you moved to the front. Shorter, narrower, and a bit more rounded. Those may bite down through the mud, rather than float on top, as well as lower the front a touch.

Your thoughts on suspension look to have merit, as we talked about after the race. From the pictures you posted, the car seems to be setting quite far into the travel of the rear shocks. I realize there's a ton of mud weighting the car down, but it still seems excessive. Were you in the car when the picture from the rear was taken? We were in such a hurry to get headed home, I didn't even think about that I had my nitrogen bottle with me, and that we could have added some pressure to the rears. That would have been good to try, as you could have tested it right then under the same conditions. Maybe you wouldn't have been so eager to go back out there, anyways, though! I hope you don't have those conditions to run in again any time soon.:)
The steering in the dry is ok, that one left hand corner on the track was still a bit of an issue but not as much. I do still have those other narrower tires and may put them back on for next time just to test out. The other option is I have a set of the same type tires that are on the front now but 1" larger diameter and less worn down tread. But like you said cutting down to the dry dirt is better.

I think I was still sitting in the car for that picture, but yeah adding a little more pressure to rear might help out some. My only concern with that is further raising the roll center. I also think adding a rear sway bar would help my handling out quite a bit, but it is hard to implement on my current suspension and frame layout (I already started working on a design).

Say, Justin, what ever became of the front fenders you had on in this picture? I'm thinking of adding something like them to my Pilots.
I still have them, actually brought them to the race with me but decided not to use them since it was not muddy at first. They definitely would have helped out in the second race. They work ok for keeping stuff flinging straight off the tire out of the cockpit (like at the race), but don't help too much when driving in water/wet mud that just sprays everywhere.

K-fab
09-28-2009, 08:35 PM
Hey, where is that lites race on Oct 3rd?

I need to prep a car or two.

minibajaman
09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
GNCC in Ohio...see thread on that for more info.

odypilots
10-01-2009, 05:21 AM
It's been a long road to getting this video up. Camera failure, encoding problems, you name it.

I've quoted from the race report to refresh your memories of heat 1. Heat 2 will be up before Thanksgiving, I promise.

09-26-09 But two laps on a unfamiliar track had me a bit unsure. The draw to set the
line up gave me the pole, and I didn't want to lead into the first corner, so
I told the guys I'd choose the outside on the two by two start, and pull over
and let them go. It had been a drizzly day, and it continued into our first race,
which left the track in perfect condition. Justin led from the start, with Chris
in a 500cc Pilot, Ben in a 500cc stadium buggy, then me with my 600cc. The
first corner at the end of the long start straight went alright for me, but I blew
the second corner back down the hill, and pushed out into the grass.

Ben's car had a problem with fuel delivery, so I was able to get by him.
Chris started closing the gap on Justin, and in a few laps put a nice pass
on him. I was starting to learn the track a bit, and settled into third, as first
and second were way out there, which allowed me to think about the
track, not other cars. We finished in that order.

YouTube - Rolling W Ranch heat 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUOcT7JHQkc)

bazz
10-01-2009, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the Race vid Davo and Deanna.Enjoyed it...pitty there are'nt more regular vids to satisfy the racing soul.Been a bit of a drought lately worldwide.
I should be able to reciprocate in just over a weeks time.
Should be having a Race Meet at Northam on the 10-10-09.1st for quite a few months,after our straight away got washed down the hill to Fox Rd.:(
Keep it up!....and keep it down!:D

odypilots
10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
The rain had got to the camera over the course of the day, and it started acting up and led to the loss of the start of the second moto. It did get all the action, so I'm thankful for that. I had to buy a new camcorder to play it back after I found it wouldn't work when we got home.

09-26-09
Between the first and second heats, the rain picked up to a steady medium rain
which turned the track surface into a thick clumping mud that would really
build up on the cars. For the final moto, they inverted the FINISHING order of
the first race, not the starting order. I thought that was unfair to Chris, as it
put him in the back again, but he didn't seem to mind, so, Ben started on
pole, me outside, with Justin and Chris in the second row, Chris outside.

I led the first couple laps, with Chris working to second, and Justin and Ben
going at it. I began to hear Chris, so I knew he was close. He gave me a tap
that sent me to the infield, and by the time I got going again, he was gone.
As the battle behind raged, Ben over rotated in the last corner, and flipped
when he ran over the tire that marked the course, bringing out the red flag.

I was hoping they would give me the lead back, but I learned after the race
that the course workers had confered, and no one saw the contact. I was just
glad to be back in touch with the leader. I got a great drive off the restart,
and passed Chris right away. That left me happy and concerned at the same
time, concerned that there may be more contact. There were about 4 laps left,
and I never felt his presence, and on the final lap, saw him sitting on the side
of the track. Finish order: Dave, Justin, Ben, and Chris. My 3-1 finishes beat
Justin's 2-2, so I got the overall win.

YouTube - Rolling W Ranch heat 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTSfo6V1efs)

studebaker
10-01-2009, 09:52 PM
some good racing going on there. do you guys use tear offs , i can't tell if justin was trying to wipe his goggles or trying to grab a tear off. how many full size buggies show up ?

minibajaman
10-01-2009, 11:01 PM
I was using tear offs. Problem was I used 1 each lap and then ran out halfway through the race. So I started wiping my goggles, and part of the time holding my hand in front of them to keep some of the crap off. I'm thinking of getting some roll-off goggles instead, seems like they would work better.

If I remember right there were 6 full size buggies, 3 trucks, and 4 rally cars. The "rally cars" aka redneck race vehicles didn't fare so well in the mud.

Nice videos Dave, now I don't have to post them :)

studebaker
10-02-2009, 05:48 AM
been there ,lol ! i've got a full face helmet with roll off machine but if its really soupy it fogs up behind it ! 1st race this year i ended up tearing it off the helmet then the visor got smeared up to much so i lifted that and used my safety glasses doing the hand trick. for the last lap i ended up not using anything. i was out in front at least. i've been using tear-offs the rest of the season since i broke the roll off, they work pretty good , just got to make sure you put enough on.

odypilots
10-02-2009, 06:44 AM
I was lucky that I was being chased, so I wasn't going through tear offs very fast. The restart was a bit of a concern, but I got by quickly, so no problems there, either.

Justin, where was your camera person standing? Did they get any different angles?

studebaker
10-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Pure Life Photography View Event Gallery :: Powered By Zoomphoto (http://purelifephotos.zoomphoto.ca/eventgallerysearch/10963/17/2/)

here's my car in our may paris races. the last race we had was'nt much cleaner either lol !why does it seem to rain every race day :cool:

ProtoDie
10-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Looks like a fun track. Nice write up & video Dave

odypilots
10-02-2009, 08:50 AM
It is a fun track, but you wouldn't like it because, umm, well, hmm, oh hell, just keep that 185 hp buggy home! :) I'm glad you enjoyed the report and vids.

minibajaman
10-25-2009, 09:45 AM
I went to the final race for this year yesterday. I thought it was going to be muddy, but it actually ended up being really good conditions with tacky dirt and not much mud at all. It was only me vs. the Barkley bros this time.

First race Chris gridded 1st, I was 2nd, Ben was in 3rd. I passed Chris on the first long straight and managed to keep the lead, eventually opening up a 100 yard gap to take the win.

Second race we ran the opposite direction. I gridded in 3rd, Chris in 2nd, and Ben in 1st (opposite order of finishing places in first race). The group stayed tight together, and as we came around the 3/4 point of the first lap they red-flagged us. Turns out Chris passed Ben on the start before we passed the cone marking the start line. So we started again with Ben 1st, me 2nd, and Chris 3rd. I passed Ben quickly as his car was not running well, and once again managed to hold off Chris eventually getting a good gap on him for another 1st place finish.

I was a little worried that my buggy was not going to run well due to the overheating a couple weeks ago, but it seemed to be running really strong all day, maybe due to the cooler weather. I also adjusted the rear toe and it turned much better this time. The only other change I would make for next year is maybe some different rear tires, as the current ones I have are good for GNCC but not so good for sideways shenanigans on this type of track.

K-fab
10-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Well crap

I avoided all dirt play this weekend because of the rain and we had guests yesterday.

Wish I'd made this one. - especially now that I read it was good conditions.

studebaker
10-25-2009, 06:28 PM
i had planned on coming down but i never did get around to upgrading my drivers licence so i can cross the border. i was then going to have a few friends over at our private track but everyone bailed for various reasons. i ended up toasting my motor playing around , oh well next year will be a new year. how many full size cars and trucks made it ?

minibajaman
10-25-2009, 10:18 PM
I avoided all dirt play this weekend because of the rain and we had guests yesterday.

Wish I'd made this one. - especially now that I read it was good conditions.
Yeah I was worried that it would by muddy too, but since it's not that far from me I figured I'd go anyway. The parking lot was more muddy than the track, as the track dries out fast once the racing starts.

i had planned on coming down but i never did get around to upgrading my drivers license so i can cross the border...how many full size cars and trucks made it ?
How far away are you? This race had more full size cars than before, maybe 10 buggies, 2 trucks, and 4 "rally cars" aka junker street cars/suv's now used for off-racing.

These races are fun, but each race is only about 10 minutes long. The number of laps is up to the drivers, so they could be longer, but since it's all out full throttle and sliding corners most of the time it's actually a lot of work and seems longer. I wouldn't expect anyone to come from too far away, but given the limited race venues in the Eastern US I understand. Really one of the few good parts about living in Pittsburgh is there are several races venues and riding areas within 2 hrs drive, and also lots of places for mountain biking.

studebaker
10-26-2009, 03:44 AM
i think i'm about 6 hrs away ? if i came though a few more of our club would of probably went also but they live a little closer. its about the closest track in the states for me to go to.