PDA

View Full Version : I need seats!!

The Kar Audio Guy
02-14-2009, 11:32 AM
I've done a fair bit of road racing, and my thoughts are that it would be better to get a seat with a lot more padding...? nobody around here has anything I can put ass to seat...

so I turn to my panel of experts...

Gene
02-14-2009, 04:42 PM
There has been some discussion about seats, especially supension vs a true racing seat.

Rorty prefers a racing seat beause once strapped in you stay put. Suspension seats need periodic strap adjustment. Some believe that the added suspension reduced liklihood of spinal compression.

Opinions vary. Both of my cars have suspension seats. I need to cinch seat belts periodically.

rowycoracing
02-14-2009, 07:05 PM
I've done a fair bit of road racing, and my thoughts are that it would be better to get a seat with a lot more padding...? nobody around here has anything I can put ass to seat...

so I turn to my panel of experts...

I have Beard suspension seats in both buggies and the desert car and I really like them. Very comfortable. My frist buggy had a covered poly seat in it for the first year and it just had to go ... to hard and unforgiving.

stinkybutt
02-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I bought a pair at the auto wreckers from a Tiberon. They are small and comfy.
I'll see about posting a pic . Won't be 'til Tuesday. The seats are at the shop. I'm off rollerskating In Mich for two days.
Aleck

The Kar Audio Guy
02-17-2009, 08:33 AM
I went ahead and purchased a set of Race Trim high back seats...we'll see how they fit. I guess they will make a good chair it I dont like them.

magnum4598
02-18-2009, 07:31 PM
i have deliberated on this subject my self i had the poly seat in my panther it was ok
i am thinking of trying something diffrent this time i dont know what yet have to see what the budget will allow i am going to buy my tube this week i sold a 2000 modle s10 blazer i had so i can jump in
get started for real..... i cant wait i have been buying parts for weeks i

Bugpac
02-18-2009, 07:41 PM
i have deliberated on this subject my self i had the poly seat in my panther it was ok
i am thinking of trying something diffrent this time i dont know what yet have to see what the budget will allow i am going to buy my tube this week i sold a 2000 modle s10 blazer i had so i can jump in
get started for real..... i cant wait i have been buying parts for weeks i

you like the race trims, they are comfy...:D

The Kar Audio Guy
02-19-2009, 05:05 PM
you like the race trims, they are comfy...:D

it's a good seat. nothing crazy, just a nice seat. the head rest is a little low, I'll need to fix that...

JaRiv
02-19-2009, 05:29 PM
I picked up a set of Scorpion Racing Simulated Leather Racing Buckets from Kragen. They are Black they look just like a Recaro Knock off. I paid $129 a piece. They look great in the car, and fit my wide shoulders nice. I will snap some pics tonight.

yummi
02-19-2009, 05:34 PM
This is not directed at anybody's choice - dont go there...

But does anybody know what to look for in a seat? I mean are the internals something to consider? Frame? Mount points? Where do they fail? Do they fail?

Or is it one of those things that should fit and with most guys using a five point, the seat does not fail?

Thanks in advance....

el diablo
02-23-2009, 12:27 PM
I have PRP seats in my rhino and they are nice and comfy as well. Also with the side the way they are they hold you in nice and tight. I will be purchasing them for they buggy as well or the same type of seat.

diirk
02-23-2009, 12:34 PM
If you have the opportunity, try out some JetTrims. Everyone that has sat in mine loved them. They are truly the most comfortable I've found. OTH, if I were building anything more then a cruiser, then I'd be running Sparcos, or the like.