PDA

View Full Version : Pair of ST3's

Island Buggy
02-01-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey all, just getting rolling on a pair of ST3's. Been lurking on the site for a while, picked up some great ideas and figured it's time to contribute.

Gene
02-01-2009, 01:38 PM
MAN FORT! That's funny!

Keep the pics coming and show wannabe builders how to put these together.

sodman
02-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey Island Buggy
Nice to see some progress haven't heard from you since you posted that you started to bend some tubes. I was wondering when you were going to post some pics thought maybe you froze over there good to see you up and going .Have a blast with it it's the most fun I've had in a long time . Keep the pics coming.
Later Sodman

Island Buggy
02-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah it was a bit to chilly to get modivated to work on it for a bit there. Have to pick up some square tubing for the base but after that things should roll along pretty good for a bit. Any luck on your motor? How long before it's running again.

sodman
02-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Parts ordered on thursday should have them by weds this week. Insall should take me around 11/2 hours then I'll see what difference it makes to the power .Buddy at the dealer figures it was only putting out 1/2 the power. Good luck on your build what size /type engine are you using.
Later Sodman

Island Buggy
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
Thinking about a higher displacement bike engine. Figure somewhere in the 1000 CC range depending on what's available when we start looking.

sodman
02-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Hows it going Island Buggy
Are you going to put a fnr box on these ST3 's just picking your brain " being nosey ".
Did you get pounded yesterday with a lot of snow or did you get rain or the freezing kind we got snow (20cm) & freezing rain ice pellets not bad sleding though out for small cruise with the young fellow . No parts today oh well maybe tomorrow .
Latter Sodman

Island Buggy
02-04-2009, 02:32 PM
We got pounded by snow last night, over 2 feet in the driveway. As far as a FNR box I'm not sure yet, looking into my options had though about using a motorcycle flywheel and starter motor to give me a bit of reverse. Have to look more into it i guess.

Deadeye76
02-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey guys I'm also working on an ST3. In the process of doing the frame right now. Get some more welding done I will post some picks. I was wondering if Island Buggy was still planning on using the Rubicon steering knuckles on his buggy. I have been throwing that idea around also. I would like to have front brakes on mine and thought that would be a less expensive way of going about that.

erion01
10-30-2009, 09:39 AM
How wide is the st3 :confused:

yoshi
10-30-2009, 09:49 AM
Did you sleeve the but welded tubes?

wyattboche
10-30-2009, 12:51 PM
How wide is the st3 :confused:
check out this site. Tell youeverything about the ST3.

Badland Buggy - Off Road Vehicles - Download Buggy Plans (http://www.badlandbuggy.com/plans_st3.html)