PDA

View Full Version : Mounting ECU??

rahlberg13
01-26-2009, 09:28 PM
How do you guys mount your ECU? I have an 05 gsxr600 and the computer has no mounting holes or flanges or anything. I don't want to leave it hanging by the wires, so does anyone have some suggestions as to what I can do with this?

Thanks

Russ

minibajaman
01-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Heavy duty Velco? Probably in a box of some kind to keep it physically constrained if it were to come loose.

Gene
01-27-2009, 12:23 AM
Like Mini said, in a box with velcro to strap it down. I've seen small plastic electrical boxes used and also aluminum boxes made of you have access to a pan brake.

yummi
01-27-2009, 05:31 AM
You will likely want to consider rubber isolation bushings as well to minimize the vibration as best as possible....

I also used an old mouse pad as padding. (Neoprene?)

just some thoughts.

busasandrail
01-27-2009, 08:08 AM
I used some velcro tape and velcroed it to lay flat in my electrical box. It works really well and with the velcro it also adds some isolation/cusshion to the CPU.

nutz4sand
01-27-2009, 08:13 AM
If you are really concerned with vibration go to a GOOD hobby store near you that deals with radio control. Get some quality foam rubber from them thats used in RC cars and planes. Its super soft. They have it in different thicknesses. It will not dry out. Get a box to keep water off the unit and line the box with foam rubber and seal the wire inlet area. You should never have an issues with it due to vibration.

rahlberg13
01-29-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the tips guys.

Russ