PDA

View Full Version : first time build

redfoxrider2
01-25-2009, 04:41 PM
hello, new to the forum i'm been looking forward to building my first buggy i've been doin some research on plans and design ideas. from riding quads for many years looking for something that will give the same thrill. really interested in the Rorty Racing R82s.
ANY IDEAS????? THANKS!!

nutz4sand
01-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome to the site. Big question is how much you got to spend? I aint taking your money so I aint biased. Just gotta know what kinda dough you can put into a ride.

Simple and cost effective and a great first build is a Desert Kart Panther.

You already know Rortys stuff and his plans are rated the best by those who have them.

What kind of motor you looking to use? What kind of terrain you ride in/on? One or two seater? Anything else you can tell will help people make suggestions that may aide you.

The Kar Audio Guy
01-25-2009, 05:06 PM
hello, new to the forum i'm been looking forward to building my first buggy i've been doin some research on plans and design ideas. from riding quads for many years looking for something that will give the same thrill. really interested in the Rorty Racing R82s.
ANY IDEAS????? THANKS!!

Welcome!! this site is full of great poeple and good info.

I'm building a R82s right now. it too is my first build.

I purchased many plans to see what's out there, and I have to say I love my Rorty plans, and the service that goes with them...

ask a lot of questions, then ask again. And if your like me... forget the info you just talked about, then ask again, then work on something other then what you asked about, then ask again...[smilie=ecstatic.gi:

good luck on your build!

Gene
01-25-2009, 05:42 PM
Welcome to MBN!

Nutz is asking good questions.

I have an R82 and it is a great car indeed, especially if you are wanting a race car. I bought mine from member Tripp and the car is posted on Rorty's site.

The R16 plans are more for the US market and all dimensions are US measurement rather than metric. The R16 is also longer wheelbase and uses center pivot A-rms. One advantage to the R16 is that you can purchase laser cut components from member Kludge. A complete laser cut part kit (tabs, bulkhead, etc) runs about $1300 or so.

Like Nutz asked - what are you planning to do with it?

redfoxrider2
01-26-2009, 08:07 PM
I Mostly Plan On Dunes And Trails I Work At A Motorcycle Shop Finding A Motor Should B A Prob. Plan On Running A V-twin Or A Liter Size Motor. Looking To Spend Approx 12-15,000. Also 2 Seater. Been A Dune Enthusiast For A Long Time Wanting To Build Something To Take On Glamis And The Whoooooops.. Thanks For The Help :d

JaRiv
01-26-2009, 08:27 PM
If you are lucky you are alraedy bald, therefore you can skip the process of pulling out all your hair! LOL, just kidding. Good luck, and keep in mind there is light (or whoops) at the end of the tunnel!!! Welcome.

magnum4598
01-26-2009, 11:54 PM
hello the buggy i built is a panther like nutzforsand told you about
let me know if you need any thing i could save you some time