PDA

View Full Version : Busa Wiring q's Dont know where to start

doublej
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Ok, so I'm a NOOB and just traded my rhino for a busa rail. It was in pieces, so I am in the process of mocking it up. I mounted the motor and suspension, but I have the rats nest of a stock wiring harness. I am at a loss as to where to start. Any advice? I found an service manual for a 00 busa, and my motor is an 05'. Will this work? Should I go for an intellidash or stock gauges?
Thanks in advance

Gene
01-04-2009, 11:40 PM
You could pay someone to cut down the harness. Scott Horner, Heads-up performance does it. I can PM his email if you want it. His web site will be back up in a few weeks.

Stock gauges work and you can use the plug for diagnostics. Intellidash seems like a nice piece. Lots of us use aftermarket gauges like Autometer too.

busasandrail
01-05-2009, 08:33 AM
Both gauges work well. It depends on your preference. Intellidash also makes a converter to allow you to run a autometer style tach on a bush motor(busa is two pulse rather then 4 pulse)if your intreseted in that.
If your in the NW area let me know and I can help you out with the wiring. I have done a few rails with busas. Its pretty time consuming but not to hard(at least for me). Also the wiring is just a little different for the 05as compared to a 00. Most of the plugs are the same but some of the pins on the ecu are in a different location. And I think the fuel pump and main engine harnesses are different.
Either way let me know.......:D

BTW posts some pics for us to see.

doublej
01-05-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm in Redding, CA. It's about 1.5 hours from Oregon. At this point I just want to do what ever is the easiest, and cheapist. I'm not afraid to dig in to it...

I'll post pics tonight...

Thanks guys

busasandrail
01-05-2009, 01:03 PM
The easiest and IMO best way to do it is to mount everything in a electrical box somewhere close to the motor. Start with stripping away the unused parts of the wiring harness. That would included the kick stand switch, lights, turn signals, ignition switch, start/stop switch(install your own switch), pair valve stuff. Im sure theres more, I would have to look at the manual to be sure.
Also if you not going to use the stock instrument cluster then you can also remove those wires.

BTW when your ready to go riding be sure to let us know and we can meet up and compare EL toro cars....We also make numerous trips every year to Orgeon, usually its at least once a month between march and oct :D