1. Collapse Details
    New Buggy, not sure what kind
    I'm new to the buggy world, but an avid Sport Quad rider and shade tree mechanic. Just picked this up. It's got a 2005 CBR600RR engine in the back. Everything works as it should, but I'm curious to find out where I find parts for the rest of the buggy (ie brakes, spindles, a-arms, CV joints, etc) when they break or wear out. I've seen other frames on you tube that look similar to this, so I'm thinking that the frame is built by a manufacturer, but I could be wrong. All help appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Re: New Buggy, not sure what kind
    Quote Originally Posted by kfxnow View Post
    I'm new to the buggy world, but an avid Sport Quad rider and shade tree mechanic. Just picked this up. It's got a 2005 CBR600RR engine in the back. Everything works as it should, but I'm curious to find out where I find parts for the rest of the buggy (ie brakes, spindles, a-arms, CV joints, etc) when they break or wear out. I've seen other frames on you tube that look similar to this, so I'm thinking that the frame is built by a manufacturer, but I could be wrong. All help appreciated!
    The angle of the back tires would indicate the it has a u-joint style main carrier like the short sand cars. They evolved there design over the years . My friend has one , it may be newer but it's irs in the back , meaning 2 cv's on each side. Can you post a picture of the drive

3. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    My nephew has one of those. He ended up widening the front end because there wasn't much room for your feet. he also raised the roof to get more head clearance.

The original plans, I believe, are for a single-seater. Plenty were built as two-seaters, however. They just widened the back-end to accommodate two seats. Yes, the rear uses U-joints in a swing axle setup like the old VW's (and early Corvettes).

A lot of potential in those buggies. They don't look too hard to tweak, so have some fun and fix/change anything you don't like.

As far as parts, well you just replace a broken part with something similar or fabricate a replacement. You become an expert on stuff you never imagined that you would want to know. The guys on this forum are a good resource and Google is now your new best friend.

Welcome aboard.

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the quick feedback. Attached are pics of the rear drive...single joint...looks like a CV joint that I had in an front wheel drive audi. I would presume that I need to throw some grease in there and the boot should be on the OUTSIDE of that housing, right...to keep the grease in it like a regular CV joint.

I'm trying to put a temp gauge in it now and can't find a correctly calibrated ohm gauge...I'll post on another thread. but let me know about the maintenance of that joint in the rear.

IMG_20171209_081916052.jpgIMG_20171209_081852615.jpg