1. Collapse Details
    New from Southwest Ohio!
    Hey Everyone!

I'm been watching this forum quite a bit as well as a few others like DIYGokarts. I've never been into the rock climbing or mudding activities as I typically spend most of my days upgrading parts of my house, garage and other hobbies like my pew pews. I actually owned a gun store with my father locally called BuildAR, LLC. Spent 40 hours a week there, after my 40 at my day job(staffing and scheduling analyst for a call center) and I didn't pay myself a dime. It was tons of fun, but the AR-15 business has become so watered down with cheap cheap cheap product that underperforms 50% of the time, so my brick and mortar store has a hard time keeping up. Ultimately had to shut down once Trump was elected because AR-15 parts and accessories has hit a historical low and seems to continue dropping everyday. Now that I'm closing up multiple projects, I'm ready to start a small buggy build. I've been planning one for about 6 months, only in the last few days did I convince myself that I could build a chain driven independent rear end with 930 cv axles and spindles. Hence my welcome thread.

I've got a few parts, engine, frame some atv wheels and tires and tons of prior knowledge of 530 chains sprockets and other non sense BS(My wife says non-value-added, but i rebuttle with if I use even 1% of my fleeting thoughts or knowledge, it's still usable and totally value-added lol)

I'll be starting a project thread as well, but to start, here's some stuff I have and I need.

Parts I've Acquired:

Lot 1 ($30 Purchase Price)
    • Frame
    • Swingarm
    • Rear ATV Wheels
    • 1.25" Keyed Axle 60" Long(I think that was the last measurement I took)
    • Looks to be early 80's Motorcycle Brake Rotor
    • Keyed Jackshaft
    • Another Keyed Axle(Extremely Rusted) with 2 Pillow Block Bearings, 2 Shaft Collars, Rotor and Disc Brake Hub(Did not measure)
    • Mini Gas Tank from what I assume was the original for the Frame and previous motor set

Lot 2 ($100 Purchase Price)
    • 1989 EL Tigre EXT Snowmobile (Arctic Cat) 530cc 2-Stroke with CVT(Complete Snowmobile, I'll reference this if I'm pulling individual parts I.E. Coil-Overs, Fuel Pump gauges etc.)

Lot 3 (Free?)
    • 10 Bolt Chevy Rear End with the G80 Gov-Lock and 4.10 Gears (Bought a 2001 Suburban for $500, got a 10 bolt from a 2001 Tahoe for free from father-in-law so I May use the actual Differential Carrier to mount a sprocket and brake rotor to, then find pillow block type bearings to put in place of the Carrier Bearing. If I cannot, I'm scrapping it)

Lot 4 (Extra Steel from other projects)
    • 20' DOM 1.25"x.125
    • 64' Rectangle Tube 3"x2"x.1875"
    • 64' Rectangle Tube 2.5"x1.5"x.375
    • 10' Plate 8"x.25"
    • An absurd amount of angle, Est. 200' 1.5"x.125" and 200' 2"x.1875"
    • lots of miscellaneous pieces like 3"x.25" Box tube from a engine hoist etc

And here are some pictures!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andler2008; 05-17-2017 at 12:39 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: New from Southwest Ohio!
    Some more pictures

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by K-fab; 05-17-2017 at 12:23 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    We're looking forward to your project. Welcome aboard!!!

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Welcome to the madness!

Looks like you have a good start.

Get OUT OF OHIO if you can!!!
    Run!
    Escape!
    Find warmth and lack of wetness instead of 7 months of crap weather!
    Been there, did that, for 25 years (in Milford).

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah I cannot stand the crap weather. If it could just be dry when it's warm, that would be 10x better. 80 degrees is okay, but add high humidity, and the "Real Feel" is 100 degrees.

I actually work in Milford and live between Amelia and Bethel lol. My company has places in Florida that I could move to, just too much family up hear on mine and my wife's side to leave unfortunately.

And thanks to whomever fixed my pics. I stumbled across the sticky to add pics to the body, so I'll do that going forward. I'm a whiz with excel but everything else on a computer is over my head lol

6. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    No prob on the pix - I tend to do that.

What's the name of the place you work? I was up on 131, just west of the dip in the large A-frame that sits off the road next to the storage place. My shop was back behind Meijer's, across from the tire place.

I know humidity all too well - grew up in the southern tip of Texas where the temp and the humidity were the same most of the time.

It'll be 100 here tomorrow with a humidity of less than 30% and it's so much cooler than 85 and 80%. I do NOT miss Ohio one bit. Give me 105 in the shade here versus 50 in the sun any day of the week. (:

7. Collapse Details
    Yeah it's ridiculous. Tons of rain, then BOOM Sunshine for 1 hour and back to humidity for the rest of the week. My allergies have been going nuts. I actually work at TQL, Total Quality Logistics. I'm off of 50 across from the 275 exit. So not far at all. Too bad you're in Arizona lol