Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Air shock tuning/ with dimensions
    Naughty donkey! Those are nice! I used to just roll the car backwards and forwards a couple of times until it settled, but those scrub plates would make life a lot simpler. I bet they're a lot cheaper than the professional ones too.

2. Collapse Details
    Yes, for me they are cheaper. Since we keep a cabinet full of that kind of stuff at work. A lot of times they end up getting scraped from designs that get shot down, or failed designs. When the cabinet gets too full we end up just throwing the stuff away.

3. Collapse Details
    So about the air shocks...what is the no loss adapter and is it absolutely necessary? I just got a set and when I went to check the pressure it all escaped. Ok so I go to fill it back up but it only took 100psi. What's that all about?

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik434 View Post
    So about the air shocks...what is the no loss adapter and is it absolutely necessary? I just got a set and when I went to check the pressure it all escaped. Ok so I go to fill it back up but it only took 100psi. What's that all about?
    A no-loss adapter is a schrader valve filler that screws onto the shock so that no nitrogen escapes while filling. Where as if you use a regular schrader valve chuck (like for tires) there is the hiss of gas loss as you put it on and off. The no loss adapter is not absolutely necessary, as long as you do it consistently and set the pressure based on sag. You can't check the shock pressures with a gauge as that will cause pressure loss, you have to just set the tank regulator for whatever pressure you want and then fill till the pressure equalizes.

5. Collapse Details
    If it only took 100 lbs, are you using your home air compressor?

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugpac View Post
    If it only took 100 lbs, are you using your home air compressor?
    Yes I am. It's a craftsman 6.5 horse but I have it regulated at 140psi. Do you think I need something else?

7. Collapse Details
    Yes I am. It's a craftsman 6.5 horse but I have it regulated at 140psi. Do you think I need something else?
    well if your using a fox air shock, you need nitrogen... Not compressed air...

8. Collapse Details
    Yes I've come to understand that but I figured it would still work with compressed air. What is the going rate for nitrogen?

9. Collapse Details
    Yes I've come to understand that but I figured it would still work with compressed air. What is the going rate for nitrogen?
    air compresses far more than nitrogen, air carrys moisture, very bad for shocks, were you live, find a race car shop local ask them if they have Nitrogen fill, take and have them air up to 3/4 of the shock length...12" shock air till there is 9" of shaft showing, try that...

10. Collapse Details
    Ok I'll try that thanks for your help.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast