Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: 07GSXR600 ST4 BUILD
    Nice job on the model.

JMO,
    Look at some of the dead tubes.

Lose the huge shock towers on the front and go right to the frame with the shock mount. There's already a cross tube right there.

If you can bend tube, why use the square for the main hoop. The floor, I can see the advantage of a flat bottom.

Make sure its big enough for you to fit.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    Nice job on the model.

JMO,
    Look at some of the dead tubes.

Lose the huge shock towers on the front and go right to the frame with the shock mount. There's already a cross tube right there.

If you can bend tube, why use the square for the main hoop. The floor, I can see the advantage of a flat bottom.

Make sure its big enough for you to fit.
    too late, already got the plates cut.. also i can bend tube, but I'm using a harbor freight tube bender so its not the most accurate thing, i wouldn't trust myself to get everything exact. i think one of my roll bar are even tweaked....

LOOKING STRAIGHT ON THE LEFT MAIN ROLL BAR LOOKS "BIGGER" OR MORE AT AN ANGLE AND ITS TICKING ME OFF, should i change it / redo it

Any ideas... open to any criticzm

3. Collapse Details
    How do you think it will be to climb in and out? The side bars seem high to me.

4. Collapse Details
    Ahh, that's cool, the other builds have them, they will work.

Hard to tell from the pics whats off, but if it bugs you now...

How do you like that saw?
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    Ahh, that's cool, the other builds have them, they will work.

Hard to tell from the pics whats off, but if it bugs you now...

How do you like that saw?
    its really good, the only complaint is how quickly the blades dull... worth its money in the long run (way better than cutting with just an angle grinder)

- Another update, got my bushings ordered, angle grinder died so i got a another one, and i found out something concerning...

the OD of my "tubing" is 1.667in
    the ID of it is 1.380in
    Wall is 0.140in

idk how i didn't notice this before, but oh well... is this pipe or tube? will the frame be to heavy? don't have any concerns on strength.... So many thoughts... also in the picture facing the frame from the front, the top left roll bar bend is a little "steeper"

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MASCMAN View Post
    How do you think it will be to climb in and out? The side bars seem high to me.

its tight, but to the plans. I'm going to add a step at the end

7. Collapse Details
    I am still thinking about adding something to mine but I came up with my design strictly because I had a knee injury and it was tough to get in and out...and mine has a recoil start. I have plans to route the rope to the top of the cage so I can start it while sitting in it since 2 strokes are fairly easy to start. Thought about some sort of step or nerf bar also.

Since mine is a single seat I also thought about welding bars on one side but making the other swing open...my build is more of an "on the fly" design! lol!

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis View Post
    its really good, the only complaint is how quickly the blades dull... worth its money in the long run (way better than cutting with just an angle grinder)

- Another update, got my bushings ordered, angle grinder died so i got a another one, and i found out something concerning...

the OD of my "tubing" is 1.667in
    the ID of it is 1.380in
    Wall is 0.140in

idk how i didn't notice this before, but oh well... is this pipe or tube? will the frame be to heavy? don't have any concerns on strength.... So many thoughts... also in the picture facing the frame from the front, the top left roll bar bend is a little "steeper"
    ???

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by MASCMAN View Post
    I am still thinking about adding something to mine but I came up with my design strictly because I had a knee injury and it was tough to get in and out...and mine has a recoil start. I have plans to route the rope to the top of the cage so I can start it while sitting in it since 2 strokes are fairly easy to start. Thought about some sort of step or nerf bar also.

Since mine is a single seat I also thought about welding bars on one side but making the other swing open...my build is more of an "on the fly" design! lol!

Nice looking build!

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks Davis!

If the bar bothers you then fix it now, but I can't tell from the pics.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast