Thread: Sii

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sii
    IMAG0005.jpgIm building the SII with some modifications. I got a deal on a donor bike (GSXR 750) 9000 miles for 600 bucks. So here we are. Picked up the steel 2 weeks ago but I have been out of town for a week. All I can say is wow they dont make it easy to list all the different hardware and steel you need. I spent about 4 hours going over the plans making a list. Now that im a week into the build I would have change a few things with all the different sizes of tubing and flat steel. So far I have lengthened it a foot, and Im canning the jackshaft. There will be cv instead. Also gonna change up the roll cage give it some more rake, the original is rather boxy.

SN850607-Optimized.jpgSN850617.jpg
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 07-25-2018 at 08:57 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Sii
    having no luck posting pics of this thing. Update i have the rear trailing arms welded up, and the a-arms, also have the shock towers fabbed up. The frame is 99% welded. Im just putting the puzzle together I have all the pieces cut and labeled.

IMAG0058.jpgSN850642-Optimized-1.jpgIMAG0238-Optimized.jpgSN850662-Optimized.jpgSN850661-Optimized.jpg
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 07-25-2018 at 08:58 PM.

3. Collapse Details
    I look forward to seeing your new SII design. I have really enjoyed mine. Although I currently have everything behind the big hoop cut off.

As for the pics. I gave up trying to post through the attachment tool of this forum. Just create a photobucket account and then all you have to do is paste the link right into your post. I know it is a pain to have to do that, but once you do it you won't regret it. We need pics to survive around here, so you gotta do it man!!!

4. Collapse Details
    Well got the front end fabbed up and attached to the frame, welded up the seat belt tabs. Got the roll cage parts cut and a few of the bends done. waiting for the heims to show up. Trying to figure out what cv axles and hubs Im gonna go with. I did get a keyed 1 3/16" 4' axle for 3 dollars (score) This thing is lookin good. Trying to get the pics up now.
    SN850673-Optimized.jpgSN850674-Optimized.jpgSN850681-Optimized.jpgSN850678-Optimized.jpg
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 07-25-2018 at 09:01 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    Woot, got the pics resized
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Collapse Details
    I got the roll cage mocked up and tacked partially today. Also received my heims in the mail. Still trying to figure out what tie rod ends to go with. I did build the recommended spindles, so anyone who has built this thing could help me out with a suggestion.

7. Collapse Details
    Picked up some Banshee front brakes rotors and master cylinder, the guy threw in the hubs cuz he didnt want to take em apart (40 bucks) Scored again Ill sale those hubs and prolly make my 40 bucks back. I dremeled the rotors to accept my hubs all I need to do is weld on some tabs to the hubs and bolt those suckers on. Had to move the hydraulic line on the caliper 180 degrees so it wouldnt hit my spindle and all is well.

Also got the S10 cv axles and hubs ordered today, they are on there way. The axles are rebuilt so price was 75.00 for left and right free shipping, the hubs were 27.00 each free shipping. Doing good so far on parts.
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 02-25-2012 at 11:17 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    some more pics of the extended frame
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 02-26-2012 at 10:25 AM.

9. Collapse Details
    and another

10. Collapse Details
    OK I got the brake rotors mounted to the hubs today, and I also found home for my master cylinder, the front one anyways. I have another master cylinder for the rear brake ( that will be added later) also got the grease zerks installed on my hubs. I thought it would make it easier to grease em' that way heres the pics.
    SN850664-Optimized.jpgSN850672-Optimized.jpg
    Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 07-25-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast