Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Bullnerds new shed.(Aus for garage)
    Looks good Bull!!!! and good job on jig!! is that a grand national in there I see?

2. Collapse Details
    Thanks Chris,

The car is an 86 T-type, basically the same as a GN. Actually a little lighter because the T-types had aluminum rims and GNs had steelies. I read the black t-types are kinda rare because anyone that wanted a black one just bought the GN.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

3. Collapse Details
    Oh how I wish, I managed to take apart my buggy and move it from my basement to outside into a Horrible Freight 10 x 17 portable just last week. One stray spark and I'll be standing out in the open. lol

4. Collapse Details
    Long overdue for an update! LOL!

So, 2017 was a crazy year! Good and bad! I started a small business (more on that later), my father unexpectedly passed, then exactly one month later to the day my old shop burned almost to the ground! (more on that later, much later) I lost 25yrs of collecting machinist tools and stuff, Including my CNC knee mill!

I have been slowly working on the new shop as I can. Finally got the electric tied in to the pole after a very long drama filled deal with an E-contractor. Got the ceiling done and most of the walls. Still have to finish the section between the O doors and the trim around the O doors. I bought lights and am finishing running gas line and conduit for data. I have a heater sourced and going to purchase as soon as gas line passes final. I use to be pretty good at doing electrical work, but for some reason I'm having a mental block and stressing over wiring this shop.

I have a few pics, but nothing great. I'll get some better ones when it warms up. Hopefully I'll be updating this more often.

Cant wait to actually do some work in this shop. Taking too long as usual.

And yes, I mounted the panel and meter pan sideways! LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images

did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

5. Collapse Details
    Oh man, fires suck. Hopefully you had good insurance.

Every time I go buy a tool to replace one that got burnt up I get pissed. It's been 11 years and I still want to strangle that Idiot SDGE lineman that started the fire.

6. Collapse Details
    Yeah it does!

Insurance is OK, not great. Trying to explain machinist tools to the kid the insurance company sent out was comical.

Unfortunately they don't cover car parts. The engine from my turbo Buick and everything that bolts to it were in there!

7. Collapse Details
    Sorry to hear about your father. Fires suck... but insurance always helps. I only see one buggy... where's the other one??

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks Wheels.

My wife stole most of my insurance money to rebuild the garage attached to the house. So replacing tools is going to be slow going.

Its in there, its in front of the one in the pic. Or its out being ridden, forget actually.

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullnerd View Post
    The engine from my turbo Buick and everything that bolts to it were in there!
    Yeah, when we were cleaning up from the 07 fire, I found valves that still had the seat, spring, guide and everything on them from the aluminum heads that were on a 331 SBF motor I had in the shop. The oil pan was full of aluminum from the pistons. Still irritated............

Since the shop was not attached to the house, the insurance company would not pay anything on it. I made sure everything was covered when we bought this place. Pictures of everything!

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkw1 View Post
    Yeah, when we were cleaning up from the 07 fire, I found valves that still had the seat, spring, guide and everything on them from the aluminum heads that were on a 331 SBF motor I had in the shop. The oil pan was full of aluminum from the pistons. Still irritated............

Since the shop was not attached to the house, the insurance company would not pay anything on it. I made sure everything was covered when we bought this place. Pictures of everything!
    Sorry to bring up a touchy subject B'!

Yeah, really strange looking through the debris and seeing what melted and what didn't. My bandsaw had Magnesium parts, wheels, handles etc.

I'll start a separate thread eventually. Still hate looking at the pics my kid took.

This was a detached also. But my Mortgage company wants us to replace it, so its getting attached to the house this time.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast