Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Bullnerds new shed.(Aus for garage)
    Bull, I just saw this thread for first time. Excellent looking shop!! ...Very envious. You are doing it RIGHT.. do not move in until you have all your insulation and panels done. That was my biggest mistake here. I started using it too soon and some of it isn't walled inside to this day. Some day I will revisit and it will be a b*tch because of having to move everything.

I'd like to ask what gauge wall and ceiling panels you are using for your interior? Do you know what panel sizes (width and length)? What is the metal costing you in NJ? I have seen a wide price range here in Southern PA, that's why I ask.. for comparison.

Thanks and Great Job!

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat4020 View Post
    Hats off to ya for doin it solo Gee ya can hardy tell your a machinest LOL I just smiled when lookin at your picts , frickin perfict lines . But the magnet dealy thing -O-mojiger is a good idea Bull

P.S whos the funny bunny that Fu&%ed with my Avatar pict ?
    Thanks Rat. Yeah, the string makes it easy to make it look good. cant help you with your avatar, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by JGSturbo View Post
    Is the metal inside code for any shop/garage?
    Prob. that or drywall.

It really blows when you miss with a screw then have to leave it and hope it doesn't leak.
    I'm not following any codes at this point, building is not listed as commercial(yet). I just want it nice inside. I missed on one screw so far. No worries of it leaking, it just holds the ceiling up.

Quote Originally Posted by John L View Post
    Bull, I just saw this thread for first time. Excellent looking shop!! ...Very envious. You are doing it RIGHT.. do not move in until you have all your insulation and panels done. That was my biggest mistake here. I started using it too soon and some of it isn't walled inside to this day. Some day I will revisit and it will be a b*tch because of having to move everything.

I'd like to ask what gauge wall and ceiling panels you are using for your interior? Do you know what panel sizes (width and length)? What is the metal costing you in NJ? I have seen a wide price range here in Southern PA, that's why I ask.. for comparison.

Thanks and Great Job!
    Thanks John,
    Its killing me not to move tools in, but your right I want to get the inside done first. I havnt run electric yet just for that reason.

I don't know the gauge offhand, its specifically made for interiors, called panel liner, or metal liner. It came from Metal Sales in PA. I would have to look up the price also, bought the panels last year. The panels are 3'(roughly) wide and 16'-2" long. You can get any length you want, to the inch. My trusses are 4' ,so I went with 16 foot panels. The drywall lift holds them up no problem. Take a look at the Metal Sales site, I think they have a distributor list, I might have called them also, Its been a while.
    "Speed is time-time is speed"-Dennis Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks!

I just contacted them for a quote.

4. Collapse Details
    Looks sweet bull!!! I feel your pain I did all finish work on inlaw apartment few years ago one reason my build is so back logged and life and cars getting in way. this year I insulate my shop also. Nice Job!!!!

5. Collapse Details
    Thanks Chris,

This is my first time messing with the steel liner panels. I tried a couple different ways of cutting them. Tin snips, and a Bosch jigsaw are no match for the metal cutting blade in a skill saw! I made a quick cutting guide and it makes a basically burr free cut, and keeps the chips from spraying you in the face. The burr in the picture can be knocked off with your fingers. My guide is probably a little overkill but I didn't know what to expect and wanted the panel clamped down. If I was to make another one, I would make the top separate/removable, so you don't have to slide the panel all the way through. Besides that, its great. Picture of all the tools needed(well, I needed!), plus the cutting guide and the lift, makes it pretty do-able solo job.

EDIT: the blade in the picture is not the metal blade, that's a framing blade I took out of my saw.

did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

6. Collapse Details
    My dad used to take a steel blade (no carbide! ) for plywood and turn it backwards for cutting tin. Worked well, just make sure you have ear plugs.
    Last edited by plkracer; 05-26-2015 at 02:51 AM.
    Proud owner of a two seat pucker-mobile. Funco inspired mini buggy powered by a Busa. Giving out free rides to anyone brave enough.

7. Collapse Details
    I've done the backwards blade on vinyl siding, but I didn't have a blade I wanted to sacrifice to the steel to find out if it works. I put ear plugs in and my daughter didn't, she said it was the worst sound she ever heard. I cant imagine one of those steel blades! They were loud just cutting wood!

8. Collapse Details
    Slowly but slowly!

Looks soo much better now, cant wait to get the walls done.

One more PIA hurtle then should be cake from here on out. The trim around the O doors is going to suck!

9. Collapse Details
    Is that a big sheetmetal brake?

10. Collapse Details
    Yes Sir..well 10'

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast