Thread: 4x4 Mini Buggy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    4x4 Mini Buggy
    I posted this on another thread, but it really belongs here.......

I have always want to do this, and after seeing one built on the OFN forum, I started.....well that was over a year ago that I tore everything apart. Well other projects took priority over the buggy, but now my son and I are hard at it. We live right by the Oregon Dunes, so ours is intended for Duning. We are making it stock width and plan on running offset wheels or spacers to widen the back out, but we are thinking of keeping it narrow like a Polaris RZR for state trails.....we'll see how it goes. Let me know what you think.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: 4x4 Mini Buggy
    Couple more pics

3. Collapse Details
    I t5hink its cool as shit, You may already know this, but the clutches do not align straight up....You may not have them that way etc, I just notice you have a bar between the 2, the driven is usually off set inward "i think, one way or the other anyways" of the drive clutch"primary"...Looking good tho...

4. Collapse Details
    Welcome to MBN Rustynuts!

Nice build - as the Millerbuit is too.

This is a great project to post here and many will have questions galore.

See you before long at a Buggyfreaks meet!

5. Collapse Details
    That is cool, I like it and want to see a vid of it running.

I looks like you're using the original shocks off the quad. How much more do you estimate the weight of the buggy will be compared to the quad?

6. Collapse Details
    BTW - !

7. Collapse Details
    Bugpac, I used the proper clutch alignment tool for the clutches.

Gene, looking forward to meeting you, 2 seater rail coming soon.

Drakattack...Video is uploading on youtube RIGHT NOW!! My son was concerned about the rear shocks supporting the extra weight and the engine being moved over the back, but the shock is on its lowest preload setting and seems to be fine. We dont think that the weight will be much more than the quad as all the crap is stripped off it. We will be putting aluminum wheels and paddles on it and that will help. First trip out I will take it to my shop and put it on the pallet scale.

We ran it in the lower 40 tonight and so far so good, but have a few bugs to work out. The exhaust got so hot it almost melted the back of the seat. We forgot about jetting for the different pipe and air cleaner and when we checked it, it was running really lean, and that may be why the exhaust got so hot. We don't have any brakes yet, but we couldn't wait any longer since I got the wiring done today and we figured since it had the Polaris EBS system, we would take it easy. Well, you know how that goes...we pushed it pretty hard, and really didn't need the brakes!! but they will come next. Steering turned out a little hard, not bad, but the wife and girls will have a hard time with it, we will wait to see how it is in the sand, should be easier.

OHHH Look the video is ready!

YouTube - Polaris 700 Offroad Buggy

Enjoy!

8. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the site. You did a great job. It really excites me, as I have been planning a car just like yours, only a 2 seater. I wasn't sure it would work, now I know it will. Again, great job, have fun with it. Tim

9. Collapse Details
    that thing is bad ass

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rustynuts View Post
    Bugpac, I used the proper clutch alignment tool for the clutches.

Gene, looking forward to meeting you, 2 seater rail coming soon.

Drakattack...Video is uploading on youtube RIGHT NOW!! My son was concerned about the rear shocks supporting the extra weight and the engine being moved over the back, but the shock is on its lowest preload setting and seems to be fine. We dont think that the weight will be much more than the quad as all the crap is stripped off it. We will be putting aluminum wheels and paddles on it and that will help. First trip out I will take it to my shop and put it on the pallet scale.

We ran it in the lower 40 tonight and so far so good, but have a few bugs to work out. The exhaust got so hot it almost melted the back of the seat. We forgot about jetting for the different pipe and air cleaner and when we checked it, it was running really lean, and that may be why the exhaust got so hot. We don't have any brakes yet, but we couldn't wait any longer since I got the wiring done today and we figured since it had the Polaris EBS system, we would take it easy. Well, you know how that goes...we pushed it pretty hard, and really didn't need the brakes!! but they will come next. Steering turned out a little hard, not bad, but the wife and girls will have a hard time with it, we will wait to see how it is in the sand, should be easier.

OHHH Look the video is ready!
    That's cool, I figured you probably knew that, you'd be surprised how many people don't though, Only reason I mentioned it...Car looks sweet to...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast