Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24
Results 231 to 238 of 238
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Keeper of the Asylum K-fab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Posts
    9,449
    Default
    Nice work. I like the hangers - they look like holy bananas.

    What are the mufflers off of?

    I missed the whole thing on the fiberglass panels - that looks really good. The stuff is a mess to work with, isn't it. Did you do weave everywhere or did you throw in any kitty hair? They should be pretty bullet proof.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Senior Member n1kogr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Massachusets
    Posts
    152
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
    Nice work. I like the hangers - they look like holy bananas.

    What are the mufflers off of?

    I missed the whole thing on the fiberglass panels - that looks really good. The stuff is a mess to work with, isn't it. Did you do weave everywhere or did you throw in any kitty hair? They should be pretty bullet proof.
    thanks k-fab yea working with the fiberglass kind of sucks i did 2 layers of thick mat then a layer of the mesh and it came out pretty good needs body work to bring it somewhat smooth but im not too picky its going in the woods not a car show. But it seems pretty strong i was also surprised at how much i can flex it.

    Anyway the mufflers are off of a 2007 honda crf250r i used the factory tubing where they clamp on so my plan is to find a used set of aftermarket pipes that will bolt right on.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Super Moderator Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge area
    Posts
    1,844
    Default
    Dang, that exhaust looks pretty cool coming out the back. And i like those mounts. Good job.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Keeper of the Asylum K-fab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Posts
    9,449
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by n1kogr View Post
    thanks k-fab yea working with the fiberglass kind of sucks i did 2 layers of thick mat then a layer of the mesh and it came out pretty good needs body work to bring it somewhat smooth but im not too picky its going in the woods not a car show. But it seems pretty strong i was also surprised at how much i can flex it.
    You should be good - the stuff is remarkably strong and they way you layered it will flex but not crack unless hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by n1kogr View Post
    Anyway the mufflers are off of a 2007 honda crf250r i used the factory tubing where they clamp on so my plan is to find a used set of aftermarket pipes that will bolt right on.
    I started to ask if they were 250 or 450 CRF. Go look into the FMF Q-pipes. They add low end torque (at least on the bikes) and are quite a bit quieter. They make a nice sound.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Senior Member n1kogr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Massachusets
    Posts
    152
    Default
    well after a quick impulse buy i had to make these. 4x156 to 4x110 wheel adaptors now i have 4x110 all around.









    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Senior Member n1kogr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Massachusets
    Posts
    152
    Default
    Wiring pretty much done. I made a quick little firewall out of .060 stainless and used some rivnuts to mount to the frame. Also re cut a new dash out of the same .060 stainless. Its finally nice to see it coming together


















    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Super Moderator Wheels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge area
    Posts
    1,844
    Default
    How does the Vapor measure speed? Is there a sensor by the wheel or ?
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
    Re: Mini Trail Buggy Build
    Senior Member n1kogr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Massachusets
    Posts
    152
    Default
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    How does the Vapor measure speed? Is there a sensor by the wheel or ?
    The kit comes with a magnetic sensor and a bolt with a strong magnet on the head of it. The bolt is meant to replace one of the front disc brake bolts then you mount the sensor on the factory dust shield a bit of calibrating after that and your are done. Very easy to do and for the price of the vapor i love it i have rpms, speed, coolant temp, outside temp, shift light, timer, odometer, and im sure much more. It was just under $100 definitley worth it in my eyes.
    Reply With Quote
     

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Similar Threads

  1. My first mini buggy build
    By andy777bmx in forum Show off your toys in here!
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 04:52 PM
  2. trail buggy build
    By herman pahls in forum Motor - Engine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 04:35 AM
  3. Mrfreyguy's Mini Buggy Build
    By mrfreyguy in forum Projects in Progress
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-27-2012, 02:00 PM
  4. Mini A Arm Buggy for Kids
    By TutTech in forum Projects in Progress
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 12:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •