MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community

Go Back   MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community > Buggy Build Talk > Projects in Progress

Projects in Progress Current projects/builds in progress. Make a thread for your off-road mini-buggy or sand rail and keep updating as your build continues.

Old 03-06-2012, 12:41 PM   6 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)

Default Easy two seater buggy/gokart plan (HAS TO BE EASY)

Hi, I would like to build a gokart/buggy which is two seater with my boyfriend. However, we both are amateurs (pure amateurs!!).

It's just a project to pass the summer time etc, some fun things to do...would you recommend some EASY free plans please?

That are easy to follow thanks!

And i think something like this is kinda hard...do you have similar free plans though?
http://www.ubuilditplans.com/CustomersMachines.HTML

Last edited by pureamateur12; 03-06-2012 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: Just to see if it's possible
pureamateur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Easy two seater buggy/gokart plan (HAS TO BE EASY)

I believe the one you posted is the easiest buggy to build. An it is a great looking buggy .
gvouvakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

But it's not a free plan...the only free plan we found is:
Go Kart Two Seater Frame Plans

However, it's not a typical off road gokart (the way we want it) as the link I posted initially

And what HP engine would you suggest?
pureamateur12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

i do not thing anyone would give you for free their work that spent lots of time and money to do. Anw most people use motorcycle engines. For the size of the first buggy you posted they use twin cylinder industrial engines i believe 30 hp with torque converters or atv engines no more than 400cc

Last edited by gvouvakos; 03-06-2012 at 03:27 PM..
gvouvakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

Most if not all of the free plans will cost you more in redoing it for offroad than ponying up the 50-60 odd bucks for those plans in your first post. They are easily the best two seater plans for the cost.

You get what you pay for in most plan sets. The cost of these will pay for itself in no time is showing you the ropes VS playing guess and engi neer (especially if you are not engineers!)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

$50 plans will save you hundreds in aspirin for the headaches you will get.

Easy is a relative term. Easy for some is impossible for others. If you are looking for an easy hobby, collect stamps. All you gotta do is lick 'em and stick 'em. LOL

What kind of welding and fabrication experience do you and your bf have? Tools? What are your expectations as far as performance goes? What kind of riding do you want to do? And the most important question, what is your absolute maximum budget? What ever that is you will probably exceed it by 25-200%.

Answering these questions will get you headed toward your goal.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 AM   #7 (permalink)

I am currently building this one. If you decide to go this rout you will spend some time going through materials list (kinda sux) Let me know if you I can give you some pointers. Mine isnt exactly sticking to the plans 100% they recommend 35 horse motor. Im goin overboard with a 140 horse gsxr 750. Check it out on projects in progress (SII) Oh ya I should be into this thing right around 3 grand, I did some major haggling to keep the costs down. And "easy" is a relative term. this thing is still involved you have to do a ton a research and constantly keep thinking on whats next and how you are going to accomplish it.

Last edited by Lug-Nuts; 03-12-2012 at 04:43 AM..
Lug-Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

That one seems as simple as it can get. Box tubing frame means no major notching. Roll bar/cage can be fabbed by a local shop if needed to avoid having to buy the necessary equipment.

And I agree with the others. Just buy plans. This is coming from someone who's business IS building chassis and roll cages and believe me If I could buy plans for everything I build I likely would.
boxersix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links