Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Gen 1 Hayabusa, cylinders 2 and 4 dead
    Heaps of vids on youtube about cleaning injectors. A 9 volt battery, block of plastic with 2 holes drilled in it and some carby cleaner. Easy as. If you have re-done your fuel system probably a little bit of ally or something is stuck in them. Just don't set yourself on fire.

2. Collapse Details
    I went ahead and bought injectors from ebay, less than $40 for 4, probably not genuine but someone has to do it. they say Keihin on the injector in the photos and the seller says they are made in Japan so I figured it is worth a shot.
    I should have them by the weekend, fingers crossed

3. Collapse Details
    American Fork, UT 90 minutes from the sand
    There's always a debate on this issue. Are the OEM parts overpriced or are the cheap parts, er, cheaply made?

My son says that, in many cases, the issue isn't quality, but quality control. You rarely find an OEM part that is DOA because those parts get screened out prior to shipping. Cheaper parts ship out DOA simply because they don't test or screen as thoroughly before shipping.

My daughter had a Ford Escape that, apparently, needs a major tuneup around 100,000 miles. The coil packs start to fail and they take the catalytic converters with them. I found a set of 6 coil packs on Ebay that cost about the same as one coil pack from the dealer. I installed them and they worked great. I didn't get a chance to test them the full 100,000 miles (only 50,000 miles) because her car got rear-ended and totalled, but I couldn't discern any difference in performance between the original coil packs and the el cheapo versions.

4. Collapse Details
    I plan to check the flow on them aft I get them to make sure I am at least starting out with something close. hopefully they are genuine Keihin injectors and not a bunch of rejects someone got dumpster diving

5. Collapse Details
    here's the update on this, picked up a set of injectors from ebay, I have an event timer so I am able to accurately turn on the injector for a specific time and measure the flow, injector 1, 220cc/minute, injector 2 is 200cc/minute, the other 2 are flowing at 275cc/minute, I also checked the flow rate of the 2 good on the motor and they are also at 275cc/minute.
    so right now I have 4 injectors in that flow 275cc/minute and it at least is hitting on all 4 , idles and revs good, I'll have to wait 'til superbowl weekend when I head back out to the desert to see how it actually runs. for those that don't know this is in a mini sand rail.
    so if you are planning to buy "new" injectors from ebay, be sure to check them before installing.

PS, I checked an injector from one of the bad holes, it flowed 75cc/minute!

6. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Good info.

So what would make the bad ones flow less? Crud, buildup and such?

7. Collapse Details
    they were supposed to be new so I assume they either were not the correct model or maybe they are just rejects.

8. Collapse Details
    You have just redone your fuel system. Probably a tiny sliver of aluminium stuck in them.

9. Collapse Details
    I guess anything is possible but the tank has a large access on top so I was able to wipe clean the tank pretty well, there is a 100 micron pre-filter before the pump, the pump also has a screen on the inlet, there is a fuel filter before the fuel rail and the injectors themselves has a very fine filter screen, there was nothing visible in the injector filter screen when I tried to dissect it.

on that note, I have also seen on ebay rebuilt injectors advertised, one seller said they take them apart but in my quest to disassemble one of the bad ones it appears that they ware not rebuildable, they probably clean and replace the filter screen and maybe do a flow check, I asked about the flow check, they said they do but do not have any data, If I were selling remanufactured injectors and went to the trouble of flow checking I would be able to provide data.

10. Collapse Details
    Telescope Master
    Problems with the coil in the injector. Sometimes doesn't open all the way. FYI, places like Mr Injector (real name) in Idaho service and match a lot of these. That body size of Keihin injector is available in flow rates from ~200cc to 400cc. A lot of the basic turbo Hayabusa setups use the higher flowing units made for the Honda S2000. Same physical size and impedance.
    If the best things in life are free why are there lotteries?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast