Thread for all site bugs
Thread for reporting site bugs. For ease of tracking please post and add found bugs, I will then add them to this list and delete the additional post. Format does not matter, I will check this post daily and reformat as needed to match the below style.
- Red = Active
- Green = Resolved
- Video embed
- Issue: YouTube, google Video, Yahoo Video and various phpBB bbcode tags do not function in vB.
- Resolution: Added a new video embed feature that is automagic. Simply paste the url into a post and the site will auto embed. No bbcode tags required.
- There is still an issue with the old tags causing the new embed function to fail. [youtube.]some link[/youtube.] Causes the embeded video to show up as blank space. Simply editing the post and removing the tags resolves the problem. Still working on a proper fix.
- Embed modification causes RSS feeds to fail parsing the first time. The second attempt of the parse works fine. Still trouble shooting the issue.
- Quick reply smilies
- issue: There is no smilies button for the quick reply editor.
- Resolution: Resolved - See the new editor
- Old phpBB links to the MBN fail 404/500
- issue: Old links fail since the migration to vB.
- Resolution: Add a custom 404 and 500 error pages.
- Quick Search drop down
- Issue: Search NAVBAR drop down opens, then closes before a user can input a search query. Issue is linked to the rotating affiliates banner in the footer. As the script rotates from an image to text ad, the search drop down popup loses focus and closes.
- Resolution: Do not use mixed text and image rotating ads. Reworking the affiliates banners and links. All affiliates will be relocated to a custom affiliates page.
Thread: Site Bug Reporting thread
Results 1 to 10 of 131
06-02-2008 01:06 PM
Last edited by amergin; 06-16-2008 at 04:20 PM.Currently on a two year walkabout
07-30-2008 05:10 PM
I tried to create and upload an “album” under my user profile. It sounds like a pretty neat deal so folks could have a grouping of photos of their car for others to reference. I uploaded a test photo and all that is returned is a box with the red “x.” Looking at the properties, it appears it may be an issue on the file name? I don’t know. Don’t know if it is functioning feature or a planed later upgrade.
Thanks again for your site. Nice little part of the web.
And, for your efforts, allow me to contribute to the squirrel collection.I like things that move. Pretty much limits me to cars and strippers.
05-21-2011 12:15 PM
- Join Date
- Dec 2008
- thousand oaks
not sure if this is the right place to post. but i was wondering why the site will not let me post a new thread in for sale section? help!
05-22-2011 10:20 AM
You have to have a certain amount of posts before you can place adds for sale or be here a certain amount of time.
This keeps spammers and people just trying to abuse the site from doing so.
05-22-2011 12:21 PM
No, Yoshi, you've exceeded some other imagineary, hard to explain limiting factor.
Memory fades on this subject but once it was 20 posts and then I think we reset to zero and decided to police for spammers. for whatever reason it seems some can post in that section and others can't, even when they exceed 20 posts.
- Join Date
- Oct 2009
- Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
05-25-2011 09:17 AM
Start by finding them to make sure your where clause is correct.
SELECT * from [table name for posts] where [column name] like '%[youtube]%';
Then run an update with a replace in it for [youtube.] and another for [/youtube.].
07-06-2012 10:12 PM
- Join Date
- Sep 2011
- Bass Strait, Australia
Iam unable to read any threads in the "Toolroom/Shop talk" section of the forum? There is indication that I may post new threads / replies / etc.. although no threads are listed. It will permit me to add a new thread although I cant read the older ones.. Any suggestions appreciated..